Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

**Draft Discussion**

He realized he was managing the Mets :P

He realized he was managing the Mets :P

Ha. I swear I cannot keep up with you guys !!!

Ha. I swear I cannot keep up with you guys !!!

Spoken like a true Mets owner

:overhead:

hopefully we can get the new rosters loaded before the supplemental if its not too much to ask. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'll definitely work to have it loaded. Not sure I can finalize it without the last 2 rounds but it should take away the unavailables.

I'll definitely work to have it loaded. Not sure I can finalize it without the last 2 rounds but it should take away the unavailables.

i did notice though that when the league was opened for 2018 it imported last years rosters, which would include some exclusives. not sure how that will work

Looks like I'll have to be made an assistant commish again at Yahoo to do anything. Waiting for cmh to see this... :bench:

Can someone send me a link to the league page om yahoo please :)

Can someone send me a link to the league page om yahoo please :)

Nevermind

Looks like I'll have to be made an assistant commish again at Yahoo to do anything. Waiting for cmh to see this... :bench:

I'll try and get to it today. My wife had both grandfather's pass away in the past week so I'm in Wisconsin for a funeral tomorrow.

Condolences to your family Chad. No rush on my part.

• Like 1

Now somebody gotta want a solid catcher (Wieters or Castillo) without burning a supplemental. :banana:

Make me an offer, I have many weaknesses. :thumbsup:

I messaged Burt here. Anyone have his number to text? I'm sure we want to get this thing rolling this week so we can finalize the draft.

• Like 1

I'm waiting to hear back from Lambert. If I dont hear anything soon I'll pick.

Whoa. Im here. Been checking for a message from you and havent seen anything yet. Let me check again.

Burt - just responded back in messanger. I agree to those terms. Let me know if you are a go.

Sure, why not. I'm curious to see how it'll work out.

I'll post it in the supp trade thread so go ahead and pick.

Thanks Burt. Really wanted Arenado to solidify my infield. Great production, hitter friendly park, and only 26 years old. Allows me to use Gyorko all over the infield and now I have cmuktiple options for every position on the infield.

1B. Carpenter, Gyorko, Martinez

2B. Wong, Carpenter, DeJong, Gyorko

SS. DeJong, Gyorko,

3B. Arenado, Gyorko, Carpenter.

Hate losing Lance Lynn but I have nice depth here.

Sorry zero....

Not busting your balls, just joking about the way Burt asked me why I would want to trade up like I was on crack. :lol: I like Blackmon, far more than the other outfielders at the top of the supplemental, but Arenado's floor is 'top 5 MVP finish'.

That also helped out dcb according to our texts. He did not expect Scherzer to be there.

I couldn't believe that Scherzer might actually drop to 5 either. I thought if he got by Burt, and I had talked myself into thinking the Cubs might want to go another direction just because the numbers or above average SP already rostered...

Knew it was too much to wish for. :music_guitarred:

Not busting your balls, just joking about the way Burt asked me why I would want to trade up like I was on crack. :lol:

I didn't mean for it to come off that way. LOL

Thanks Burt. Really wanted Arenado to solidify my infield. Great production, hitter friendly park, and only 26 years old. Allows me to use Gyorko all over the infield and now I have cmuktiple options for every position on the infield.

1B. Carpenter, Gyorko, Martinez

2B. Wong, Carpenter, DeJong, Gyorko

SS. DeJong, Gyorko,

3B. Arenado, Gyorko, Carpenter.

Hate losing Lance Lynn but I have nice depth here.

Arenado is where I would have gone had I held on to the pick, but I'll still be able to grab a very good player with the 8th pick. And Lynn gives me much needed depth.

I couldn't believe that Scherzer might actually drop to 5 either. I thought if he got by Burt, and I had talked myself into thinking the Cubs might want to go another direction just because the numbers or above average SP already rostered...

Knew it was too much to wish for. :music_guitarred:

He thought (and I sort of did too) that Scherzer and maybe even ----- would be gone and he was going to take Arenado and flip Bryant to the outfield. Then again, Arenado is a beast and even if your SP is weaker than you overall offense, it's not hard to see taking him anyway... and obviously that's where everyone was leaning.

My biggest issue was I picked 8th and I had a clear cut too 7. I would have needed something to happen to get one of those 7 to fall to me.

Goldschmidt was not supposed to make it to me...really made me change my mind with this pick. Was going SP but I can't leave the numbers Goldy puts up on the board.

I know I just made a bunch of people happy but Turner fills a huge need for me and if he can stay healthy can put up aqesome.numbers like some of these other studs.

Yes you did but he was absolutely the best pick for you. I mean if he does what he's capable, he's a steal that low. He'd have gone earlier if he still had multiposition eligibility I think. I wasn't sure he would be there at 5 but also had too many holes to fill which is why I went and got Peraza from ted.

I was afraid of you grabbing him before that trade u made

Hoping second time is the charm with MadBum. :doh:

It was physically painful leaving some of those bats on the board. :cry:

Really like Severino and his potential. Like more the fact that I was able to trade down, pick up a player and have the choice of the 3 Bum, Stras and him taken away. They all seem to have questions and pluses each way so I'm more than pleased to just get 1 and not question if I made a mistake.

Hoping second time is the charm with MadBum. :doh:

It was physically painful leaving some of those bats on the board. :cry:

Supposedly he was pick number 3 if Scherzer and arenado were off the board :D