Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Jim Irsay - Arrested for DUI - Chalk another one up for the NFL

Dumb ass

Early Monday morning Colts owner Jim Irsay was arrested and charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated as well as in possession of a controlled substance. Hamilton County Jail booked Irsay at 3:07 a.m. and set his bond at $22,500. He's due in court on Monday.
An interesting tweet followed by Colts beat reporter Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star, who seemed to know about Irsay's issues.

maybe illegal, but for the rich, thats just a minor traffic ticket,, wont even affect him like it would be a major life hurdle for the rest of us working stiffs.

• Like 1

maybe illegal, but for the rich, thats just a minor traffic ticket,, wont even affect him like it would be a major life hurdle for the rest of us working stiffs.

His public humiliation factor is 1 million times what all of us would be combined

A billionaire owner driving around loaded at 3 a.m.? What a moron. :doh:

A billionaire owner driving around loaded at 3 a.m.? What a moron. :doh:

can't do bad things, IE buy drugs if someone else is driving you.

wouldn't you think a billionaire could find a way to get somebody to buy them for him? :dunno:

Im sure you can find someone willing to drive along.

Im sure you can find someone willing to drive along.

Well duh, of course.

doesn't mean you'd want anyone to know, in your mind anyway

I'm curious to how Roger Goodell is going to handle this.

He works FOR the owners. He will do nothing.

The question is, what will the other owners do?

Nothing.

Nothing.

Exactly, he may be God over the players but he is merely a partner with the owners.

What are the odds Irsay said "do you know who I am" at least once during his arrest?

What are the odds Irsay said "do you know who I am" at least once during his arrest?

About the same as him tweeting during the arrest. The guy is a silver spoon douche. Never worked a day in his miserable life.

Nothing.

Just like he did nothing to the Pats, Skins and Saints?? He's gonna hand Irsay's ass to him. My guess is 3 months and 500k. Yeah, a drop in the bucket money wise, but Irsay loves being around that team.

One other thing. I know it's easy and justified to rail on these rich bastages that throw it all away, but the feeling here in Indy is mostly sadness. While off his rocker some times, Irsay is really liked/loved around here. He's definitely a mess, but everyone would like to see him come out on top.

I'm curious to how Roger Goodell is going to handle this.

He is going to stay appraised of the situation and report what is known to the other owners of the league.

I would not be surprised if this involves NFL "security" being watchful of Irsay from this point forward.

Likely the other owners would press for Isray to take a temporary leave of sorts depending upon the situation.Especiall if he is given jail time of a prolonged nature.

There are only two cases of a league getting into it with an owner.

First, MLB forced/convinced the late Steinbrenner to walk away from the team for a year or so. when he came back, the Yankees went on its latest dynasty run. (Jones, perhaps this would be a good lesson for you.)

Second, NFL forced the owners of the Vikings to sell to a single majority owner. Hence Red McCombs came to MN.

His public humiliation factor is 1 million times what all of us would be combined

Public humiliation? Bill Clinton got his d1ck sucked and had a fling with an intern. Ray Lewis was involved in a murder and we were all sucking his d1ck when he retired. Point is, Irsay will come out smelling like a rose because Joe Public has a short memory.

Public humiliation? Bill Clinton got his d1ck sucked and had a fling with an intern. Ray Lewis was involved in a murder and we were all sucking his d1ck when he retired. Point is, Irsay will come out smelling like a rose because Joe Public has a short memory.

Lot of sucking going on....I know.

Irsay had 29,000 in cash on his person when he was busted.

Now that's a guy out looking for trouble.