Sign in to follow this  
Canadianfan

ADP never again at number 1

After watching that game Sunday even a blind chimpanzee wouldnt pick ADP as the first pick next year. Not sure I would even take this guy at 2. That was disgusting, he cost Farve and us a superbowl that would have been legendary.

How do you fumble 3 times in the biggest game of your life????

You do realize that Adrian Peterson has ZERO turnovers on Sunday. The fumbling is an issue, but they were not the reason the Vikings lost. Yes, the first fumble was a bad exchange between him and Favre and may have been on him, but the fumble was credited to Favre as it never got to Peterson.

The two Favre interceptions while in FG range, the fumble by Harvin setting the Saints up at the Vikings 7 yard line, and the Berrian fumble inside the red zone were all just as costly, if not more as they occurred in the 2nd half of a very tight game. The Vikings easily could of won that game about 45-21 if you take away all the costly turnovers. Some can be attributed to a very opportunistic Saints D, but some were simply bad decisions or mental errors. Peterson was actually credited with none of the turnovers. He also ran for 120 yards and 3 TD's. He can hardly be blamed for the Vikings loss, although that does not excuse him of his fumbling issues.

Also don't look past the special teams. The Saints had a total of 180 return yards to 47 for the Vikings. The Saints also had a 49+ yard punt average on 7 punts while the Vikings had a 39 yard punt average on 4 punts. That's a HECK of a lot of field position lost on special teams.

As for AP going #1...I would assume he wouldn't. Chris Johnson is obviously the #1 pick. AP is certainly in the mix at #2 with MJD though.

After watching that game Sunday even a blind chimpanzee wouldnt pick ADP as the first pick next year. Not sure I would even take this guy at 2. That was disgusting, he cost Farve and us a superbowl that would have been legendary.

How do you fumble 3 times in rush for 120 and 3 TD's in the biggest game of your life????

:thumbsup:

Officially that fumble was on Farve, but it looked like AP's fock up to me.

thats great and all but ADP still represents the safest thing in fantasy.

Everyone will be on Chris Johnson's balls... hopefully he lasts

guys like LT and Westy are no more

How did Forte work out for owners this year?

SJax still plays in a terrible offense

Michael Turner fell off / got injured

that pretty much leaves ADP and MJD...

Chris Johnson is a STUD. Period. Exclamation. Comparing him to Forte somehow means you've never seen CJ play a down of football.

1. CJ

2. ADP

3. MJD

4. Rice

5. Everybody else

Chris Johnson is a STUD. Period. Exclamation. Comparing him to Forte somehow means you've never seen CJ play a down of football.

1. CJ

2. ADP

3. MJD

4. Rice

5. Everybody else

im not saying CJ isn't a stud. He would be my pick at number 1 most likely.

my point was safety.

I think ADP's fantasy track record still makes him the safest bet out there. So saying a blind chimp wouldn't take ADP first overall is such a gross exageration. He is definately top 3 and if you value low risk... i think a good case can be made for number 1.

This was still Rices first year as a workhorse.. Same with CJ.

even if you peg Peterson for the exchange between him and Favre, he still only lost one. From a FF perspective, all it did was hurt his yardage, and minimally at that. Dude just hung up 120 and 3 TD's. If you want to not draft him because he didn't have a 100 yrd game for like 9 straight games up to that point, well then I can understand your logic. From an NFL perspective, name another guy who brings the power, speed, size, durability and determination that Peterson brings. Can't be done. So, in short, I hope you are in my league and I'm drafting #2, or even better at #3 if he drops.

AP had two fumbles with zero fumbles lost. What game are you talking about?

I love the way Viking fans have thrown AP under the bus in favor of Favre.

even if you peg Peterson for the exchange between him and Favre, he still only lost one. From a FF perspective, all it did was hurt his yardage, and minimally at that. Dude just hung up 120 and 3 TD's. If you want to not draft him because he didn't have a 100 yrd game for like 9 straight games up to that point, well then I can understand your logic. From an NFL perspective, name another guy who brings the power, speed, size, durability and determination that Peterson brings. Can't be done. So, in short, I hope you are in my league and I'm drafting #2, or even better at #3 if he drops.

Also, add in the fact that he caught 43 passes and you have the most complete back in the NFL.

So, what you have is a 4th year guy that averages 1400 rushing yards, 14 TDs and is just now developing his receiving game. But, because he fumbled 3 times in a game, he should no longer be considered the #1 overall pick? :wave:

I don't care if the guy fumbles 20 times a year - even if he loses them all it's only a 40 point loss. I'd take that in exchange for all of the production he gives.

Right now I have AP rated #3 behind Chris Johnson and Ray Rice but this has nothing to do with his fumbling.

1. CJ

2. ADP

3. MJD

4. Rice

5. Everybody else

1. ADP

2. MJD

3. Turner

4. Forte

5a. Deangelo

5b. Slaton

6. Everybody else

1. LT

2. ADP

3. Westbrook

4. Addai

5. Portis

6. Everybody else

In 2010, maybe I'll take my chances with "everybody else".

Right now I have AP rated #3 behind Chris Johnson and Ray Rice but this has nothing to do with his fumbling.

I'd rather have the 2 dimensional RB, so I'd rank them as ADP, Rice and then Johnson.

The knock on ADP was that he didn't catch passes.

Look at how high Forte was rated last year - it wasn't because of his running ability, it was because he also caught passes.

I think you'd be a moron to pass on ADP at #1.

I'd rather have the 2 dimensional RB, so I'd rank them as ADP, Rice and then Johnson.

The knock on ADP was that he didn't catch passes.

Look at how high Forte was rated last year - it wasn't because of his running ability, it was because he also caught passes.

What in the hell are you talking about? Rice and Johnson are 1 dimensional? :thumbsup:

What in the hell are you talking about? Rice and Johnson are 1 dimensional? :thumbsup:

yeah.........you know..............terrible receivers out of the backfield. totally 1 dimensional. :cheers:

I'm with KSB. The only reason I'd have Johnson ahead of Peterson is how dangerous he is catching passes. Although Jarvis brings up a good point. We had many discussions last year on the fact that only the "Big 4" (ADP, Turner, Jones-Drew, Forte) were certain and only 2 of them finished in the top 5. Appears we have a big 4 again this year, with ADP, CJ, Jones-Drew and Rice (although I will contend that Gore is vastly underrated). Which of those two will drop out??? :thumbsup: Personally I don't think Johnson can repeat his performance of last year, nor do I think that if the Ravens lose McGahee, which they are expected to, that Rice can carry the load by himself. All things considered, ADP is still the "safest" pick of the bunch IMO.

When choosing an offensive player for fantasy football... I literally have ZERO concern with turnover issues, but all my leagues have 6 pts all TD's and -2 for turnovers.

Varying league scoring rules could make it an issue though... lord knows I feel that a player should be penalized more than they generally are for turnovers in fantasy football. To me it should be a more accurate number for turnovers should be, at least -3... or -4 (I figure you lose about 30-40 yard net on a punt alone, without even considering what a big momentum changing play turnovers often are or points that respective team loses).

I'm with KSB. The only reason I'd have Johnson ahead of Peterson is how dangerous he is catching passes. Although Jarvis brings up a good point. We had many discussions last year on the fact that only the "Big 4" (ADP, Turner, Jones-Drew, Forte) were certain and only 2 of them finished in the top 5. Appears we have a big 4 again this year, with ADP, CJ, Jones-Drew and Rice (although I will contend that Gore is vastly underrated). Which of those two will drop out??? :thumbsup: Personally I don't think Johnson can repeat his performance of last year, nor do I think that if the Ravens lose McGahee, which they are expected to, that Rice can carry the load by himself. All things considered, ADP is still the "safest" pick of the bunch IMO.

I agree that CJ and Rice could be exiting the top 5 just as quickly as they entered. If Favre's gone, I think ADP could leave as well. I also agree that Gore may be underrated and I'm a Deangelo dork myself. I think he could easily be right back at the top next year since I believe he's top 5 in talent for sure.

I'd rather have the 2 dimensional RB, so I'd rank them as ADP, Rice and then Johnson. The knock on ADP was that he didn't catch passes.

What is your defenition of a 2 dimensional back?

ADP - 43 receptions for 436 yards

Rice - 78 receptions for 702 yards

Johnson - 50 receptions for 503 yards

I don't see why passing on ADP makes someone a moron. Please explain.

What is your defenition of a 2 dimensional back?

ADP - 43 receptions for 436 yards

Rice - 78 receptions for 702 yards

Johnson - 50 receptions for 503 yards

I don't see why passing on ADP makes someone a moron. Please explain.

I've been duely owned. My Purple Eyed glasses got the best of me. I'll bow out of this thread ungracefully.

I agree that CJ and Rice could be exiting the top 5 just as quickly as they entered. If Favre's gone, I think ADP could leave as well. I also agree that Gore may be underrated and I'm a Deangelo dork myself. I think he could easily be right back at the top next year since I believe he's top 5 in talent for sure.

the whole DeAngelo/Stewart thing is a wildcard. I still believe that Jonathan Stewart might be the most talented back to come out since Peterson (in fact, with his blend if power, speed, pass catching and blocking, he was a better all-round back than Peterson coming out...just not a better fantasy back). But I'm not sure that he OR DeAngelo can carry a full season load. However, if Carolina does part with one of them, and uses a backup back (Rashad Jennings maybe) in the right role, and depending where the other one ends up, BOTH are possibly top 5 RB's...they both have that much talent. Both have question marks though, can DeAngelo handle a nearly full load by himself AND will Stewarts ankles/feet hold up to a full time load (he's a big, heavy back...and i think it takes a toll on his lower extremities).

Everyone loves to point out that only 4 of the backs from the previous years top 10 will return...but there's a high return rate of guys from the year prior to that. A guy like DeAngelo who is young but finished outside the top 10 last year has a HIGH likelihood of making it back this year. I know I'm a Steelers honk, but Mendenhall is going to make some noise this year. I think they're going to focus on the run game again to keep their defense off the field so much.

Everyone loves to point out that only 4 of the backs from the previous years top 10 will return...but there's a high return rate of guys from the year prior to that. A guy like DeAngelo who is young but finished outside the top 10 last year has a HIGH likelihood of making it back this year. I know I'm a Steelers honk, but Mendenhall is going to make some noise this year. I think they're going to focus on the run game again to keep their defense off the field so much.

Deangelo and Stewart will most likely be sharing again. My guess would be 60/40 split towards Deangelo.

In 2010 value can be had in Deangelo, Forte, Jacobs, and Bradshaw to name a few.

Is Chester Taylor a free Agent this year? If the Molester is gone, me thinks it can't hurt ADP.

Deangelo and Stewart will most likely be sharing again. My guess would be 60/40 split towards Deangelo.

In 2010 value can be had in Deangelo, Forte, Jacobs, and Bradshaw to name a few.

Oh please god, trade D'Angelo to the Patriots somehow.

Better for fantasy, better for me! :unsure:

Better for fantasy, better for me! :wub:

screw you!

as a Steelers fan, I hope that NEVER, EVER, NEVER EVER happens

Better for fantasy, better for me! :angry:

I'd think the Pats would go after Peppers from Carolina, if anyone. They can get by at RB for now, or use one of their 4 draft picks in the 1st two rounds to pick one up.

Wow... To not have ADP in the Top-2 just doesn't make sense to me. :shocking:

I had the QB1 (GB), TE 1 (thru that time - D. Clark), RB2 (MJD), RB4 (R. Rice) and KCR1 (SD), made it to my Super Bowl .. and LOST. That was because MJD didn't score, while ADP did - TWICE. I lost by 12, or ADP's two TDs.

So - I agree with the prior poster - I hope that YOU are in one of my leagues next year - I'll gladly take ADP in the Top-3! :thumbsup:

I'd think the Pats would go after Peppers from Carolina, if anyone. They can get by at RB for now, or use one of their 4 draft picks in the 1st two rounds to pick one up.

Yeah I know. The buzz has already started.

I want Dwyer out of GT up North though when we go RB. I do NOT want the Chargers picking him up. :doublethumbsup:

All im trying to say is that Peterson will lose carries because of his fumbling. This is FACT. Coaches dont have confidence in players that consistently fumble and ones that fumble in big games. PETERSON FUMBLES IN BIG GAMES. Unless Peterson puts some tar on those butter fingers he will not have enough touches to put him up there at number 1 or 2.

However, if Peterson pulls a Barber and learns how to hold the football I will be confident in putting Peterson back at number 1 for my fellow FFTODAY bloggers.

Peace