Sign in to follow this  
montana

.5 PPR

Main league that's been a true PPR for the last 2 years wanted to switch back to Standard this year. 5 teams wanted Standard, 4 teams wanted PPR, 1 team didn't vote. So through the negotiations we settled on .5 PPR.

I really could care less but prefer PPR.

Question is: Should I just treat my rankings like a PPR? Anyone play in a .5 PPR?

My leagues is .05 and has been for almost 10 years. Was a comprimise at the start and kept that way. It should be taken as a ppr league.while not a full ppr its still points per reception.

the biggest place .5 ppr will make a difference is actually in your WR rankings. the possession guys (aka Welker's) lose a TON of points - think of it this way,

100 recs * 1 ppr = 100 pts,

100 recs * .5 ppr = 50 pts.

that's 50 pts over the course of the year, or over 3 pts per game. That is fairly significant....

now the spread between the possession guys and the deep ball threat guys (aka Mike Wallace's) who only put up 60-70 recs per year is much less.

in .5 ppr, Wallace is now scoring 35 pts just off of recs - so he's only 15 behind Welker... but more importantly, he's 'losing' less pts/gm.

so there is much less separation between your WRs... which to me says put more emphasis on RB, because the difference between a 3rdround WR and a 6th round WR isn't really that much...

As the NFL gets more and more pass happy, I'm considering changing my league to .5 PPR. FF is just getting to be dominated too much by WRs and QBs. Maybe next year.

I like playing all sorts of different scoring types but I think that .5 PPR is the sweet spot for PPR scoring. It doesn't overvalue possession receivers quite as much as full PPR but boosts receiving numbers enough to make more WRs/TEs/pass catching backs flex-worthy.

I like playing all sorts of different scoring types but I think that .5 PPR is the sweet spot for PPR scoring. It doesn't overvalue possession receivers quite as much as full PPR but boosts receiving numbers enough to make more WRs/TEs/pass catching backs flex-worthy.

Agreed. Most of my leagues are now 0.5 PPR, and it balances the scoring better than PPR or Standard.

I think it should be more granular than that. If its caught just with the hands, its .3 per catch. If its pulled in with the body, its .7 per catch. If its tipped, I.d say .9 per catch.

Or, just use this formula:

Pass type * Speed of Light / Planks Constant - catch type / Hubble constant

:thumbsup:

I agree. .5 PPR is my preferred scoring for a 2/2/flex league (which is also my favorite lineup format); it makes the flex truly flexible. That format in non-PPR usually just means people desperately try to get 3 RBs starting; in full PPR, it can skew the other way.

.5 PPR is also my favorite scoring system. Non ppr values RBs too highly and PPR gives dink and donk possesion WRs too much value.

It's a little ironic that in the NFL RBs aren't valuable at all, but in fantasy their gold.

.5 PPR is also my favorite scoring system. Non ppr values RBs too highly and PPR gives dink and donk possesion WRs too much value.

It's a little ironic that in the NFL RBs aren't valuable at all, but in fantasy their gold.

As a sidebar off your last statement, I did once play in a league that tried to address that by starting just one RB. It definitely made them less important, and made it vital to play matchups even among the top 10-15 backs that you usually consider must-starts. Interesting format, but I'm not sure I'd do it again in anything smaller than a 16-team league.

Back on topic: I actually broke down the top 48 performers at WR and RB in half-PPR earlier this year, and it was pretty interesting. The RBs have higher ceilings but the WRs are much more reliable performers down in the 24-48 range. Half PPR really lets you take a lot of different, effective approaches to building your team.

My standard league of now 12 years is switching to .5 ppr this season. Hoping it will reduce the luck factor of tds and generally reward owners that do their research more.

My league has been a 0.5 PPR forever and we like it just fine that way.

In today's pass-happy NFL, a full point per reception is way too much. In the early '90s, when I started playing fantasy football, a guy catching 100 balls was a HUGE deal. A rarity. Guys would lead the league with 85 catches. Last year alone, 6 guys topped 100. We've seen tight ends with 100 catches. Madness.