Sign in to follow this  
NEWPOSTERGUY!

- trivial Music trivia

i can't get it out of my head that i missed them ...

My co-worker fired off three or four guesses, then completely jokingly said ELO.

I use this one often. Pat Benatar You Better Run

Yes. I saw them in concert a few years back. She bragged to the crowd that her band had the first guitar players on MTV.

• Like 1

What band was the first "Super Group" that got together in the 70's.

Blind Faith?

Yes. Great band that should have done more IMO. To many egos I guess.

There haven't been to many more that I can recall off the top of my head.

The two that come to mind from my generation are Damn Yankees and Temple Of The Dog. Velvet Revolver? Great bands and Ihave always wondered why more bands didn't hook up. Creativity issues and writing songs for their labels is probably the reaon.

Imagine band members being free agents and signing deals together like pro sports teams. Icould run off fifty names of band members that should have tried it. Imagine the possibilities.

The Traveling Willburys had the most talent of any of the supergroups, IMO.

Good call. Harrison, Petty, Orbison and others. Nice!

Blind Faith?

Yes. Great band that should have done more IMO. To many egos I guess.

There haven't been to many more that I can recall off the top of my head.

The two that come to mind from my generation are Damn Yankees and Temple Of The Dog. Velvet Revolver? Great bands and Ihave always wondered why more bands didn't hook up. Creativity issues and writing songs for their labels is probably the reaon.

Imagine band members being free agents and signing deals together like pro sports teams. Icould run off fifty names of band members that should have tried it. Imagine the possibilities.

:nono: formed in 1968, didn't make it thru 1969

Keeping with the Clapton theme, I would nominate Derek and the Dominos as the first supergroup of the 1970s. Bad Company soon thereafter.

Well Dylan does suck...

+1

The Traveling Willburys had the most talent of any of the supergroups, IMO.

:thumbsup:

I personally liked Asia's first project too.

- "Dream" super group:

vocals - Danzig

guitar - Jimmy Page and Johnny Thunders

bass - McCartney

drums - Keef Moon

- "Dream" super group:

vocals - Danzig

guitar - Jimmy Page and Johnny Thunders

bass - McCartney

drums - Keef Moon

I'm gonna vote for Brian May on guitar, and possibly Freddy Mercury on vocals.Freddy could sing in all styles. I think drums and bass depends more on taste.

I'm gonna vote for Brian May on guitar, and possibly Freddy Mercury on vocals.Freddy could sing in all styles. I think drums and bass depends more on taste.

the entire group (Queen) merits honorable mention at each 'position' imo ...

not to mention Roger Taylor's bonus vocals ... 'Drowse', 'Tenement Funster', 'I'm In Love With My Car', 'Rock It (Prime Jive)' are all top favorites of mine that Taylor sang lead on.

of course, the dream group i cited were my personal faves -

• Like 1

the entire group (Queen) merits honorable mention, imo

of course, the dream group i cited were my personal faves -

I guess I should have said its all subjective. But I think Queen did so many varied forms of Rock that they could hang with anyone. I could see them being like Led Zep, the Beatles, and Elton John. Not too many bands could pull that off.

My dream Supah Group.

Freddie Mercury - Singah

Richie Sambora - Geetar - back up vocals

John Deacon - Bass

Tommy Lee - Drums

I guess I should have said its all subjective. But I think Queen did so many varied forms of Rock that they could hang with anyone. I could see them being like Led Zep, the Beatles, and Elton John. Not too many bands could pull that off.

Queen from a pure talent standpoint, have to be the greatest band ever. Not a weak link and Freddie is the greatest ever

• Like 1

I can see a Queen revival with the younger kids if they ever get exposed to it. I have never met a person that didn't like them.

I can see a Queen revival with the younger kids if they ever get exposed to it. I have never met a person that didn't like them.

I only really got into them in my 30s.

This group would make an interesting super group. On this particular song, they were pretty damned good.

Ideal Super Group:

Vocals: Plant (in his prime) and Ann Wilson

Guitar: EVH & Slash

Bass: Flea

Drums: Who cares

Queen from a pure talent standpoint, have to be the greatest band ever. Not a weak link and Freddie is the greatest ever

Hard to argue with that.

They are so good live, there is no need to show a video.

There harmonies were just off the charts.

This is quite possibly their greatest performance ever.

gives me the chills to watch now. so sad I never saw it live.

My first concert was Billy Squier opening for Queen at Madison Square Garden, the Game tour (82?). Bowie came out and did Under Pressure. It was a hell of a start. I followed that up with Lover boy in Hartford Ct. . Puzzy makes you do dumb things sometimes.

My first concert was Billy Squier opening for Queen at Madison Square Garden, the Game tour (82?). Bowie came out and did Under Pressure. It was a hell of a start. I followed that up with Lover boy in Hartford Ct. . Puzzy makes you do dumb things sometimes.

Loverboy was decent. Not that I ever saw them live. Had some catchy songs

'82 and 'Under Pressure' was "Hot Space" era ... 'Game' was '80, saw them at MSG as an 11 yr old for that one -

I bought this album

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/61/GetluckyLB.jpg

'82 and 'Under Pressure' was "Hot Space" era ... 'Game' was '80, saw them at MSG as an 11 yr old for that one -

Yup. It was a long time ago. I think under pressure might have come out as a single before the album. But I defer, my memories that old get jumbled together.

I bet tickets were like 5 bucks, 10 for the good seats

FOCK LIVE NATION AND TICKET MASTER

Awesome band and even better live,had the opportunity to see them twice,The Game and Hot Space tours as well.

Awesome band and even better live,had the opportunity to see them twice,The Game and Hot Space tours as well.

- amazing show ... even more so for an 11 yr old ... sensory overload.

more trivia, pertinent to Queen ...

in 1974, Queen had to bow out of being the first ever rock band to perforn on Broadway ... which band did EMI send instead?

I was a little older and tripping on LSD :ninja:

more trivia, pertinent to Queen ...

in 1974, Queen had to bow out of being the first ever rock band to perforn on Broadway ... which band did EMI send instead?

Only because its EMI, I will guess The Sex Pistols

Only because its EMI, I will guess The Sex Pistols

well, Pistols formed in '75, so ... not them

BUT

Queen pulled out of an interview in December of 76. on the Bill Grundy show ... EMI sent the Pistols instead to that one. and their appearance and cursing out of Grundy (who was drunk, btw ... they all were) caused a national outrage, Brit tabs called it 'the filth and the fury'

well, Pistols formed in '75, so ... not them

BUT

Queen pulled out of an interview in December of 76. on the Bill Grundy show ... EMI sent the Pistols instead to that one. and their appearance and cursing out of Grundy (who was drunk, btw ... they all were) caused a national outrage, Brit tabs called it 'the filth and the fury'

Final guess...only cause they are quasi related to Queen (and I am not a huge fan so I don't even know if this was his label) David Bowie?