Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

New York Jets @ New England Patriots

Mangina calling a prevent defense for 2 quarters now.

Master outsmarting his pupil again.

At least they are running the freakin ball...

Seriously??? How bad has the play calling from the jets been???

Matt Cassell on my bench. :doh:

Mangina should be fired....right now....don't even wait until it's over...Lets get a new coach for Overtime....seriously

You know what they say?

Prevent D = prevent a coach from keeping his job

as annoying as collinsworth is, he makes some good points.

like this one. why the ###### would you not bump moss at the line of scrimmage on this play?

Yea that was hilarious! Mangini was like, Doh!

Why does Matt Cassell have 36 points in my league? :shocking:

Let's see, you leave the entire middle of the field open the whole game and they destroy you. What do you do on the final drive by the Pats? Rush three and leave the middle of the field open.

PATHETIC COACHING!!! :shocking:

Two primetime games in a row with horrible coaching decisions that are going to cost their teams the game.

as annoying as collinsworth is, he makes some good points.

like this one. why the ###### would you not bump moss at the line of scrimmage on this play?

Exactly. He totally called that before the play even happened. Damn guy I'm playing this week has Jones and Moss and they both get late TD's. ahhhhh.

So much for holding jones under 100....glad I started him ( I know overtime).....

and Dustin K is a stud...

I can't believe the jets won this game....

And jones should have had another 150 yards....Stupid coach...

keller is becoming a stud. Man he catches everything.

And it looks like Moss is giving up. Look at him off the line. So slow.

My opponenet starts Ben Watson and has 21.8 fantasy points.

I've got Jason Witten starting with bum ribs; and I've got Dustin Keller on the bench getting 16.7 points.

fock!

Did you see that hug from Favre to Mangini??? Yeah...Mangini was like..."holy Sh*t I'm a focking idiot..thanks for saving my A$$)

Jones...17 points ....I'm loving some of that....

That's what Favre came back for....I love some of that also...

Another nearly 20-point fantasy day from TJ. The guy is money right now. Amazingly, Thomas Jones may be playing himself into his first Pro Bowl at age 30, as he leads the conference in rushing yards (just over 850) and has 10 TDs (9 rush, 1 rec).

Another nearly 20-point fantasy day from TJ. The guy is money right now. Amazingly, Thomas Jones may be playing himself into his first Pro Bowl at age 30, as he leads the conference in rushing yards (just over 850) and has 10 TDs (9 rush, 1 rec).

Yeah...and I got laughed at for drafting him....

(and then almost gave in and tried to trade him about 5 weeks ago...glad everybody else is stupid and didn't bite)

You're telling me...I offered TJ to three different owners after his 3-TD game against the Bengals, and was turned down on deals for Lee Evans, for Cotchery, and for Hines Ward. Sometimes failure's rewarding.

I'll admit it. I was wrong about Thomas Jones. As long as I'm saying that I'll also admit I was wrong about Matt Ryan.

i know sho nuff disagrees.....but 6-1 in their last 7....i dont care WHO theyve played...the jets are one of the 3 hotter teams in all of football....

the jets are quite happy that they arent worried about the future and are putting it all on aaron rodgers right now.....

brett,

we dont need someone like you at qb

sincerely,

the packers :doublethumbsup:

ps..watch the comedy coming from our qb position this sunday...weeeee :doublethumbsup:

*dont agree with the jets playcalling...passing with a big lead...not running til its tied...stay with the run*

great game, a lot of things coming to surface.

---the jets final two drives were huge for them. the 4th qtr drive that consumed ~8mins was awesome: running game, offensive line, and favre's precision all showed up. the jets should be very confident looking at those drives and what they accomplished and are capable of; furthermore, the pats defense is not used to repeatedly allowing such drives to end games in critical situations [usually the pats are doing that to opponents].

---cassel played a great game. he did everything they asked him to do, finding receivers and keeping plays alive with his legs, as well as leading them with 60 rush yds. that brings up the point of their absolute run game shutdown courtesy of jenkins and company. pats learned they indeed can get that kind of production from their qb/pass game, but without balance, it is still hard to win like that.

---favre's precision and gameplan were outstanding, and keller is fast developing into a huge weapon for them. favre did not make the critical mistake, maintained excellent ball security [no turnovers] , and made the important throws on important downs late in the game.

---kris jenkins indeed is a bigtime acquisition for the jets defense, showing up today in the rush game shutdown and his mammoth abuse of koppen/mankins[?] on that late 4th qtr sack. [second time this season a pats lineman has been demolished up the middle like that---recall jamal williams of the chargers obliterating a goalline play in their matchup].

---the past few weeks the jets have increased their offensive line play and the run game balance is big for them; defensively, quietly racking up sacks and stout versus the run, but the pass defense has to be questioned after allowing a rather methodical 30 completions and 400yds tonight.

So who wants to predict the Jets win next week at the Titans? I think they've got a great shot with the extra time (like the Packers off the bye).

interesting and difficult matchup.

the bears and pakcers over the past few weeks have def showed that a "blueprint" can be somewhat had for the titans---throw everything including the kitchen sink at their run game to slow it down [chi], pass with consistency [gb], and make collins throw to beat you; yet, he completed those slants, digs, and outs with consistency and won the game. the bears themselves ran with some effectiveness, but could not pass with consistency, with grossman missing key drive-sustaining completions; the packers passed for effectiveness, as rodgers posted 300yds, but in the OT, could not stop johnson and the run game/screen game prowess.

for the jets to win:

---jenkins and their run defense will have to slow/stop johnson/white

---revis/law/company will have to make a play/get a stop versus collins

---favre will need to be as accurate as he was tonight with continued ball security

---jones and washington will need to contribute for play calling balance

Thud....thud...thud...thud....thud.....thud...etc....

(all of us that were on the BGE bandwagon - TUCK & ROLL fellas)

:music_guitarred:

i know sho nuff disagrees.....but 6-1 in their last 7....i dont care WHO theyve played...the jets are one of the 3 hotter teams in all of football....

the jets are quite happy that they arent worried about the future and are putting it all on aaron rodgers right now.....

brett,

sincerely,

the packers :mad:

ps..watch the comedy coming from our qb position this sunday...weeeee :music_guitarred:

*dont agree with the jets playcalling...passing with a big lead...not running til its tied...stay with the run*

Dude...youhave a strange obsession with Brett Favre that borders on homosexual

I'll admit it. I was wrong about Thomas Jones. As long as I'm saying that I'll also admit I was wrong about Matt Ryan.

:pointstosky: T Jones = :pointstosky: :bench:

D Will v Detroit and Barber = :unsure:

brett,

sincerely,

the packers :headbanger:

ps..watch the comedy coming from our qb position this sunday...weeeee :thumbsup:

Ill give him that last night. He played very well. Why would the Jets be putting it all on Aaron Rodgers? Just face it, you don't like Rodgers...you seem to have a very big problem with him.

And the genius BB cost the Pats the game.

4th-3, NYJ23 2:33 M. Cassel sacked by C. Mosley

FG would have made it 24-9...getting them within 2 scores. Instead...they go for it. Game goes to OT rather than being over with the Moss catch with 1 second left.

And the genius BB cost the Pats the game.

4th-3, NYJ23 2:33 M. Cassel sacked by C. Mosley

FG would have made it 24-9...getting them within 2 scores. Instead...they go for it. Game goes to OT rather than being over with the Moss catch with 1 second left.

I think the bigger mistake there was giving the ball to Evans on 3rd and 1 - they should have just given the ball to BJGE or Morris and let them build some momentum to get through the pile.

There were a few frustrating moments like this - you could pick any of them. The most glaring to me was the Dan Koppen mis-snap for a 38 yard loss, taking them out of FG range and killing all momentum they had built. Also see the Watson fumble and the Gaffney drop. The Pats were moving the ball at will at times - and were just tripping over themselves.

great game.

very entertaining.

really the game came down to 2 things:

- turnovers and mental mistakes by NE (Watson's fumble, the bad snap, the Vrable Pass Interference)

- a huge momentum changer play (the return TD by NYJ)

usually, it's Favre who make the critical mistake or turnover.

Last night it was NE.

great game though.

The AFC East is gonna' be very interesting to watch right down to week 17:

NE@BUF

MIA@NYJ