Matt Cassel

Joe Flacco

Rashard Mendenhall

Chris Johnson

Jamaal Charles

Maurice Jones-Drew

Greg Jennings

Scott Chandler

I know that many of you were cooed to sleep in your infancy by a loved one repeating that famous little nursery rhyme to you:

"Listen to Axe Elf,

Trophy on the shelf;

Listen to the others,

Go crying to your mothers."

And when you physically grew into adulthood, you may have remained a fantasy football infant, but you knew that Axe Elf would always be there to help you win your leagues year after year, and so everything was all right.

And for yet another season, the moral of the story remains the same—fantasy football success depends on taking notes from Axe Elf.

Making projections that have no business hitting at a rate of anything more than ten or twenty percent, I surpassed my Week 1 success rate of 62% with a Week 2 success rate of sixty-FOUR percent, hitting on 21 out of 33 predictions!

And this, of course, is merely from the "Sleepers & Stinkers" post; the axual number of other lost little souls who were guided to make the right trading and lineup decisions on the "Little Help" board may never be accurately calculated.

Don't bother asking how such a thing is possible, just be glad that it is, and that you are alive to benefit from it.

Fantasy greatness wears green pantaloons.

lol, I figured you'd disappear after your horrible showing this week, but alas, you're actually here to gloat about it

you're cherrypicking your picks to begin with, and are still stretching it by listing guys who you were wrong about.

Massaquoi? 45 yards, woohoo!

somehow I knew you'd proclaim yourself right on Grossman. He was the 16th highest scoring QB and he scored about half as many points as you predicted

Your great. So tell me if David Nelson is a safe play again this week, because I got Austin and Colston out with injuries and need some miracles. And WTF is up with Mike Williams (TB) this week?

Your great. So tell me if David Nelson is a safe play again this week, because I got Austin and Colston out with injuries and need some miracles. And WTF is up with Mike Williams (TB) this week?

David Nelson will be a safe play for the remainder of the season, with stats similar to Stevie Johnson.

Mike Williams is suffering from a team and a QB that just aren't that good. He IS a favored goalline target of Freeman's--but they have to get into the red zone first, he doesn't get a lot of yardage between the 20s. Note that while he scored in 10 games last season, he went over 70 yards only five times, and over 100 yards only once, while gaining fewer than 50 yards six times. You'll probly get something similar to those yardage totals again this year (900 or so on the season), when it's all said and done, but I'm not sure he will get double-digit TDs again--unless the Bucs as a team can find a way to move the ball more effectively down the field into the red zone--and you'll have to live with a few weeks like yesterday along the way.

WTF kind of nursery rhyme is that? Trophy on a shelf? I'm freaked out now. Which probably means I'll do whatever Axe Elf tells me to do.

Am I good in Week 3 with Decker in place of Austin? How about Grossman standing in for Vick?

Am I good in Week 3 with Decker in place of Austin? How about Grossman standing in for Vick?

Decker should be a decent play as long as Lloyd and Royal are hurt, since there's only like one other WR on the roster.

Grossman vs. Dallas, eh, doesn't excite me, but it could be worse. Can you pick up Kolb vs. Seattle?

Decker should be a decent play as long as Lloyd and Royal are hurt, since there's only like one other WR on the roster.

Grossman vs. Dallas, eh, doesn't excite me, but it could be worse. Can you pick up Kolb vs. Seattle?

Thanks. No, pretty barren waiver wire as we have 17 man rosters in a 12 team league. Gonna put in a waiver request for Hasselbeck vs Denver, but no guarantees. Next best I see would be picking up Alex Smith vs. Cincinnati.

Is Ryan Mathews worth a look as an every week start (at least at the Flex spot, for starters) ?

If the rest of your RBs are DeAngelo Williams, Mark Ingram, Brandon Jacobs, and Justin Forsett, then yes. In fact, I would make Ryan Mathews my RB1.

If the rest of your RBs are Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy, Ray Rice and Darren McFadden, then I would try to trade Ryan Mathews for the Kansas City defense (because you know you're dreaming and you'll wake up soon anyway).

But seriously, Mathews is currently like the #12 overall RB, so unless you're in a four team league, yeah, he's probly worth a starting role for your team.

Is DeAngelo Williams worthless now?

He's currently #53 among RBs--not exactly starter material--and with Stewart making his mark in the suddenly dominant Panther passing game, there aren't a lot of signs pointing toward a brighter horizon for Williams. He probly has more value to your team in helping you acquire a WR or TE that you COULD start week in and week out, if you can trade him to someone who needs a RB and still holds out hope of Williams' resurgence, than he does in axually starting for your team. Better act quickly on that one though; another week or two of this and he won't even have any "name" value left.

Axe how would you rank these 4 players as waiver wire pick ups:

Nelson

Decker

Moore

McCluster-Yahoo WR eligibility

Respect the Elf and it will respect you.

whats your take on hightower after this week? seems like a rbbc shannyigans in the making

I wish I knew. (See my "C'mon Man!" thread.)

I was pretty high on the 'Tower to start the season, but the number of touches Helu was getting Sunday was more than a little disturbing--especially when Hightower was tearing it up. Who takes out a guy getting almost 5 yards per carry and posting 85 yards in the first half--and enjoying the "revenge yards" against his old team, no less? It smacks of badness. All I can advise right now is that if you own Hightower, try to get Helu to cover yourself. They should settle on one or the other as the main workhorse eventually, but right now, who that will be is anyone's guess.

Axe how would you rank these 4 players as waiver wire pick ups:

Nelson

Decker

Moore

McCluster-Yahoo WR eligibility

Respect the Elf and it will respect you.

I already ranked them (among others) in another thread. For this week, Nelson, Decker, Moore, McCluster; for the long term, Nelson, Decker, McCluster, Moore.

:lol: :lol: @ people really asking this guy for advice. Friggin hilarious.

why not? He's going to be right about 50% of the time!

if he's lucky

Where is that guy who was flipping the coin to see what kind of results he got? I want to see the outcome.

And :lol: at taking people that had stellar games last week and calling them "sleepers" and predicting they would do well this week.

It's not every day you can get free fantasy advice from a LARPER. I mean he must use his elven magic to come up with this tremendous insight. :banana:

Sleepers

Rex Grossman

Cam Newton

Peyton Hillis

Jahvid Best

Joseph Addai

LeGarrette Blount

Steve Smith

Eric Decker

David Nelson

Jordy Nelson

Mohamed Massaquoi

Dustin Keller

Owen Daniels

That you believe your own BS is one thing...that the lemmings are flocking to it something completely different.

Sleepers aren't guys that just came off huge games (like Newton, Steve Smith, Jordy Nelson). There's nearly a 1/4 of your list.

Sleepers aren't guys who should be in the starting lineup of a team anyway (Hillis, Best, Addai, Blount, Keller, Daniels). That's half your list and combined with the one above, it's 9 of 13 really focking obvious choices.

You get some credit for Decker (even though he's also an obvious choice with Lloyd and Moreno out), some for Massquoi, some for Grossman and some for David Nelson.

So, lemmings, you can either look at this sh!t yourself, or you can keep following Captain Obvious here.

Will Marshawn Lynch be a top 15 RB this year?

The Axe Elf Magic 8 Ball says...try again later.

use this instead:

Magic 8 Ball

:D

Sleepers

Rex Grossman

Cam Newton

Peyton Hillis

Jahvid Best

Joseph Addai

LeGarrette Blount

Steve Smith

Eric Decker

David Nelson

Jordy Nelson

Mohamed Massaquoi

Dustin Keller

Owen Daniels

That you believe your own BS is one thing...that the lemmings are flocking to it something completely different.

Sleepers aren't guys that just came off huge games (like Newton, Steve Smith, Jordy Nelson). There's nearly a 1/4 of your list.

Sleepers aren't guys who should be in the starting lineup of a team anyway (Hillis, Best, Addai, Blount, Keller, Daniels). That's half your list and combined with the one above, it's 9 of 13 really focking obvious choices.

You get some credit for Decker (even though he's also an obvious choice with Lloyd and Moreno out), some for Massquoi, some for Grossman and some for David Nelson.

So, lemmings, you can either look at this sh!t yourself, or you can keep following Captain Obvious here.

Technically I called out Decker, Nelson and Mass long before this http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=389000. :banana: :banana: :banana:

I think you should add Tom Brady on your "sleeper" list next to Cam Newton...... :pointstosky:

Otherwise, good list :cheers:

No, because I don't troll my Sleeper thread.

i'll give you credit, yours are sleepers. his are "readily apparent"

Got to give the guy "some" credit, he's hit over half his picks. Curious to see his list for week # 3!

Got to give the guy "some" credit, he's hit over half his picks. Curious to see his list for week # 3!

So you are saying that you needed Axe Elf to tell you that Cam Newton, Hillis, Steve Smith, Jordy Nelson, Dustin Keller, et al would put up decent FF numbers this week? Maybe you should consider another hobby.

So you are saying that you needed Axe Elf to tell you that Cam Newton, Hillis, Steve Smith, Jordy Nelson, Dustin Keller, et al would put up decent FF numbers this week? Maybe you should consider another hobby.

Stop hating!

This is a forum where you can speak your mind about FF. So he sounded arrogant on his posts....big f-ing deal. Let's get over it and talk football.

Where is that guy who was flipping the coin to see what kind of results he got? I want to see the outcome.

And :lol: at taking people that had stellar games last week and calling them "sleepers" and predicting they would do well this week.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=388889

George Washington went 7/10. 70% > Axe Elf.

I don't have to give the guy credit at all when 6 of his 13 "success" picks would/should be starters for anything over a 10 team league anyway. Good lord, is it a success if I say "play Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice and Aaron Rodgers"?! These guys are starters, telling people to play them is stating the obvious.