Sign in to follow this  
OB1

Rookie Draft

We need to figure out when to have the rookie/FA daft.

I will be gone the first two weeks of June on my honeymoon in Hawaii :angry: so don't expect it to be then.

I am proposing May 9th as the start date. Please let me know if this is a problem for anyone.

Congratulations OB1,

May sounds good.

As of now anytime is acceptable for me (subject to change).

May might be a good month for a 16-team league since July or August could get screwed up by vacations and also grandpahoo's plastic surgery, which I believe is scheduled to take the entire months of July and August to complete. You can't fix something that ugly in a day or two.

How about we hold it national rat's ass day? :thumbsup:

It's only four rounds, so we ought to be able to knock it out in a week or so. B)

Wait - I forgot about the ICEFOCKER. We better start frafting now. :banana:

It's sad that the EFOCKER seems to be a speed frafter by comparison. :huh:

May is fine. Or we can start right after you return from Hawai'i.

Let's just have it done by the time July starts.

I vote for doing it after the deadline for players to retire. Thank you.

:headscratch: You're worried about your rookie pick retiring before he signs a contract? I guess paranoia doesn't mean that they're not really after you ...

It's only four rounds, so we ought to be able to knock it out in a week or so. ;)

Wait - I forgot about the ICEFOCKER. We better start frafting now. :banana:

It's sad that the EFOCKER seems to be a speed frafter by comparison. :thumbsup:

I heard that, you dope! :lol:

Just for that, I'm gonna fraft all the players that you want! How's that sound? Hhhmmmm?

Just send me the list of players that you want ahead of time. OK? :cheers:

ICEMAN

I think in order to maximize our frafting speed you guys should as a rule place ICEMAN at one end of the draft and me at the others so you only have to deal with us once every 2 rounds. :cheers:

Also, congrats to OB1.

It's only four rounds, so we ought to be able to knock it out in a week or so.  B)

Wait - I forgot about the ICEFOCKER.  We better start frafting now.  ;)

It's sad that the EFOCKER seems to be a speed frafter by comparison.  :thumbsup:

I heard that, you dope! ;)

Just for that, I'm gonna fraft all the players that you want! How's that sound? Hhhmmmm?

Just send me the list of players that you want ahead of time. OK? :lol:

ICEMAN

:P Not likely - I pick right in front of you.

Ok, I'll be the huge pain in the ass:

May: Up to May 5 is bad. Mid-May is ok. I have a hearing near the end of May (date TBD) that will put me out of commission for that entire week. Should know the date by Friday.

June: Big trial currently scheduled for June 20 and 21. It may settle before that. If it doesn't, June will be almost as ugly as I am.

Just pick a date, i am available most of the time except the week of June 6-10, going to chicago for a cubs game!! :rolleyes:

Ok, I'll be the huge pain in the ass:

May: Up to May 5 is bad. Mid-May is ok. I have a hearing near the end of May (date TBD) that will put me out of commission for that entire week. Should know the date by Friday.

June: Big trial currently scheduled for June 20 and 21. It may settle before that. If it doesn't, June will be almost as ugly as I am.

It sounds like th week of the 9th is our best bet then.

That gives us three weeks to draft before I go away, plenty of time. Once the 27th hits i'll be completely unavailable.

I'll update the thread with that date and see if anyone complains. :lol:

Also, thanks to everyone for the congrats. :wall:

Also, thanks to everyone for the congrats. :banana:

Oh...congrats.

Starting May 9 should be good for me. My hearing is May 24, so the days leading up to that could be busy. But by that time we'll probably be near the end anyway.

Hmm..new development. I'll be moving either end of April or first couple weeks of May. I plan to have the INTAH-NET hooked up before I move in, but I'm just sayin'...

:thumbsup:

Here is an idea. Why don't we just skip the rookie class this year. This way next year's rookie draft will be focking stacked. That would be so fitting for this focked up league. Count me in for voting yes for skipping the rookie draft.

Here is an idea. Why don't we just skip the rookie class this year. This way next year's rookie draft will be focking stacked. That would be so fitting for this focked up league. Count me in for voting yes for skipping the rookie draft.

Congratulations. You just came up with the dumbest idea in the history of ever.

Congratulations. You just came up with the dumbest idea in the history of ever.

:lol:

the week of may 9th is not that great for me.  :mad:  We have several inhouse seminars scheduled. I'll have access but not for hours at a time.  :shocking:

Does anyone else have a big problem with the 9th?

Buffy, will you have any kind of access like cellphone (text message, not calling). It's only a 4 round rookie draft, so it shouldn't take THAT long. We could try to start on the 16th I guess. I rather not wait until June because after not being at work for over 2 weeks, i'm going to be swamped for sure, and jumping into a draft won't be the best thing, plus hoo is saying June will likely be the worst time for him too.

the week of may 9th is not that great for me.  :mad:  We have several inhouse seminars scheduled. I'll have access but not for hours at a time.  :angry:

Does anyone else have a big problem with the 9th?

Buffy, will you have any kind of access like cellphone (text message, not calling). It's only a 4 round rookie draft, so it shouldn't take THAT long. We could try to start on the 16th I guess. I rather not wait until June because after not being at work for over 2 weeks, i'm going to be swamped for sure, and jumping into a draft won't be the best thing, plus hoo is saying June will likely be the worst time for him too.

it sholdn't be that bad. I think I had something similar last year and was able to keep up.

That was because I was picking next to CMT. He took sooooo long I 'd come back expecting people to be waiting on me, but he was still on the clock after 12 hours. ;) :clap:

I'm out of the country May 6-May 16.

Well, It was good having you in the league, best of luck to you and rest assured i'll find a replacement that will turn your team around!

I guess we can start on the 17th.

I'm out of the country May 6-May 16.

cyber cafe?

From the beach? Fat chance. I'll just send a list. It's only a friggin rookie draft. You could draw them out of a hat and do better than most pro teams.

I'll just send a list. It's only a friggin rookie draft. You could draw them out of a hat and do better than most pro teams.

:lol:

You could draw them out of a hat and do better than most pro teams.

Sweet!

I think we can all trust Galt to pick random names for Call me...fraftdragger?

GO!

You could draw them out of a hat and do better than most pro teams.

Sweet!

I think we can all trust Galt to pick random names for Call me...fraftdragger?

GO!

:)

I can do eeeeeet. Just say the word.

:angry:

As an impartial bystander, I can make the pick for him. :ph34r: