Sign in to follow this  
Guest Karim Abdul-Jabbar

Where are all the Portis haters?

Guest Karim Abdul-Jabbar

I have started him every week except week 3 (bye week) and will be 5-2 in a 16 league keeper team (lost this week 111.30 to 97.85) second in league in points... sticking with Portis throughout... patience is a virtue.

If Washington could play San Francisco every week, Portis would be a #1 fantasy back again.

Great.... after this week he will be sure to re-coat his body with Endzone Repellent and will do the usual...... :mad:

93 yards NO TD's. :)

Clown. :wacko:

If I were a portis owner this would be the week I would trade him, his value will never be higher, and in a couple of weeks against tampa bay he'll be back to 90 total yards no td's.

If Washington could play San Francisco every week, Portis would be a #1 fantasy back again.

:argue: :headbanger: :headbanger:

where were you the past 6 weeks??? :rolleyes:

His post was typed up in week one, he's just waited six weeks to hit the "ADD POST" button.

I have started him every week except week 3 (bye week) and will be 5-2 in a 16 league keeper team (lost this week 111.30 to 97.85) second in league in points... sticking with Portis throughout... patience is a virtue.

Let's see now. Prior to this week, Portis had done very little. He ran for yardage, but no TD's. You were 5-1 in those weeks. Now he puts up huge numbers against the 49ers, and you lose. Seems to me that your winning and losing has to do with whoever else is on your team, not Portis. Before we go crowning him as the next LT, let's see how he does the next three weeks (NYG, PHI and TB).

Ha ha.

I'm SURE you'll be here the next time Portis goes without a TD.

SF is a disgrace - they make anybody look good.

Stop fishing for sympathy/compliments - it's pathetic.

Portis was phenomenal in Denver. WAS was a terrible team and that was hurting his production. With a better passing game and healthy line, he is playing better.

But it's not like he's an elite back now.

I don't consider myself a Portis "hater" but I do think he is more a product of the Denver system then an top tier RB! Bragging because he ran wild on the worst team (by a pretty wide margan) in football is pretty foolish! I would still much rather have L. Jordan, S. Jackson or even W. Parker; all of whom are still outscoring Portis and came at a much cheeper price

Uh, he finally scored his 1st TD in week 7 and you're tooting your horn? :huh:

And it was against the Niners?

:huh:

I love my 9ers, but all those who said the 9ers would beat USC are wrong. USC is more talented offensively, and although the 9ers are more talented defensively, they'd find a way to lose.

I honestly think the Texans would route us if we played them.

Which brings me to my point. Bragging about a fantasy football playing having 1 good game, and it being against the 9ers, is like bragging you're 40 years old and finally won a fight... against your 4 year old son.

the 9ers are less talented defensively? Compared to what...

Oh, I forgot .. THE NFL

You can't compare men with boys. While USC might have a few All Americans, the 49ers have about 4 times as much (in terms of accolades and talnet, prob more). Reggie Bush might dominate an Arizona defense behind a great offensive line but to put him against a team with men who train and life on a consistent basis (it is there job, afterally) and study films more than college players is ludicrous. THe 49ers would break the line, and all those cute little gaps he so conveniently finds will dissapear.

Guest matuski
where were you the past 6 weeks??? :huh:

His post was typed up in week one, he's just waited six weeks to hit the "ADD POST" button.

:banana: :wall: :headbanger:

:thumbsup:

Uh, he finally scored his 1st TD in week 7 and you're tooting your horn?  :wall:

:headbanger:

I love my 9ers, but all those who said the 9ers would beat USC are wrong.

How many guys from USC will play in the NFL let alone start? Now, every man on the 9ers has made an NFL squad. You must be in a serious depression if you think a college squad could beat an NFL team. :banana:

Portis is having a good season....but not a great one.

I think this is what you'll see from him the rest of the year. He'll perform very well on weeks where his matchup is good, and struggle some when the matchup is poor.

In other words, he's a borderline #1 fantasy RB....and a very, very good #2.

Portis is having a good season....but not a great one.

I think this is what you'll see from him the rest of the year. He'll perform very well on weeks where his matchup is good, and struggle some when the matchup is poor.

In other words, he's a borderline #1 fantasy RB....and a very, very good #2.

Dont hate..... :mad:

I love how when a player has not performed to his fantasy draft status and does have one good game everyone who owns that player says "WHATS UP NOW" I told you so................ :lol:

He was playing the 49ers DUDE :thumbsup: :lol: :headbanger:

Started him this week over Rudi. First time I started him given his knack for staying out of the end zone. Worked out well. I was encouraged that they gave him the ball at the goal line. Have to use him again next week due to bye troubles.

Uh, he finally scored his 1st TD in week 7 and you're tooting your horn?  :mad:

:wub:

I love my 9ers, but all those who said the 9ers would beat USC are wrong.

How many guys from USC will play in the NFL let alone start? Now, every man on the 9ers has made an NFL squad. You must be in a serious depression if you think a college squad could beat an NFL team. :unsure:

Think about it this way - right now Alex Smith suck, but has a lot of ability/potential in terms of having success in the NFL.

That same Alex Smith dominated college players.

Just to keep it in prespective.

If you play in a 16 team league, aren't you pretty much stuck playing your RBs you drafted or kept? It doesn't seem like you're breaking the mold here.

Maybe I should try and trade Edge for Portis . . . it seems he's found his stride! :o

and to think it only took you 2 years to get that big game