Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

RB Ahman Green - Out For The Year

Ahman Green Oct 24 11:50a

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers head coach Mike Sherman said RB Ahman Green (knee) "severely" injured his quad tendon during Week 7. Green, who was carted off the field, was barely able to lift his right leg following the game and was wearing a protective brace to stabilize his leg. As previously reported, he will be further evaluated Monday, Oct. 24.

ESPN Link

My first round pick of the 2005 draft: Deuce McAllister.

My second round pick of the 2005 draft: Ahman Green.

My season is over after a blazing start. :thumbsup:

My season is over after a blazing start. :(

Ouch.

Please list the rest of your roster. If I have any of your players I'll have to trade them immediately.

My season is over after a blazing start. :pointstosky:

I had the same first 2 rounds in FFToday Yahoo league.

Traded Green for Barlow/Burleson, right after the draft.

:(

That trade has been cursed, oh wait that team is cursed

Bulger went down too

The prospect of Levens rejoining the Packers isn't as far-fetched as you'd believe: He spent his first 8 seasons in Green Bay and is familiar with their offense and he'd be fresh because he's barely had over 90 touches per season since 1999. He had a few productive years with the Packers including a monster 1997 season. True, that was almost 10 years ago, he's 35 years old and his injury history is less than stellar; but Green Bay doesn't really have alot of options if Green's season is over.

My season is over after a blazing start. :thumbsup:

Ditto! I do still have KJones and A.Smith, but that isn't gonna do shiot for me. Doens't help that Bulger is out for a few more weeks either.

The prospect of Levens rejoining the Packers isn't as far-fetched as you'd believe: He spent his first 8 seasons in Green Bay and is familiar with their offense and he'd be fresh because he's barely had over 90 touches per season since 1999. He had a few productive years with the Packers including a monster 1997 season. True, that was almost 10 years ago, he's 35 years old and his injury history is less than stellar; but Green Bay doesn't really have alot of options if Green's season is over.

Dude - puff puff pass...don't bogart that joint to your head...

I called it ! :rolleyes:

Degeretive Knee condition !!! :lol:

2 years 10 months late

:ph34r:

I am preparing my "Is Dorsey Levens FOR REAL?!?!?!" post... :lol:

Carried me to a fantasy championship in 1997 :lol:

1800 combined yards and 12 TD's :rolleyes:

My season is over after a blazing start. :rolleyes:

My team exactly but then it went Javon Walker next. Stop the bleeding! I picked up Ferguson to replace Javon and now he is out too (hopefully for not too long). I also drafted Griese in the 15th and he is out. This is getting crazy!

I called it ! :unsure:

Degeretive Knee condition !!! :D

2 years 10 months late

:ph34r:

post of the year!!! :o :( :)

Ahman Green Oct 24 2:03p

Updating previous reports, Green Bay Packers RB Ahman Green (thigh) suffered a ruptured quadriceps tendon and will need to undergo surgery to repair the injury. As reported, he will miss the remainder of the 2005 season. Green, who is an unrestricted free agent following the season, may have played his last game with the Packers given he was having the worst season of his career before his season-ending injury.

Sticky mine... MKB4 can't spell.

Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four
BTW - I hate fantasy football.

Can you send more naked MMM pix to me?

TIA

WWJD

HTH

Is Tony Fisher next in line here?

Will he be a decent waiver wire pickup? Sherman at least still seems to be calling running plays.

Tony Fisher is about all that they have left! :pointstosky:

Man this is bad news for Green Bay.

:wall: :lol:

i picked fisher up when davenpoop when down. i had no choice my rbs are RBBC and backups. i'll end up picking up levens as well. :thumbsdown:

Besides ReShard Lee and Travis Fisher- are there any back on this team- they both stink and fisher wont ever be aloud to carry the load- look at his career game log- who can be good on this team- should we go the FB route- (ie like nick goings- maybe henderson- but he is old and never that good of a runner) - it certainly looks like they will have to sign another guy- As of now- I would pick up Reshard Lee at least knowing he would carry the ball some(but the NO experiment didnt work- 7 carries for 7 yards)

Besides ReShard Lee and Travis Fisher- are there any back on this team- they both stink and fisher wont ever be aloud to carry the load- look at his career game log- who can be good on this team- should we go the FB route- (ie like nick goings- maybe henderson- but he is old and never that good of a runner) - it certainly looks like they will have to sign another guy- As of now- I would pick up Reshard Lee at least knowing he would carry the ball some(but the NO experiment didnt work- 7 carries for 7 yards)

How do you know Fisher will stink it up when the guy haven't gotten a chance to start yet?

Actually, his first start as a full time RB came in 02' when he started in place of Ahman Green and he rushed 25 times for 96 yards and a touchdown in a 26-22 Packers win versus the Minnesota Vikings.

Right now he is officially the starting back. Let's wait until he plays before we prematurely assume things.

Poor guy....and poor Packers.....

I have him, but luckily I have an array of RB's and wont really miss him that much, if at all. Still, damb shame.... <_<

My first round pick of the 2005 draft:  Deuce McAllister.

My second round pick of the 2005 draft:  Ahman Green.

Me too.

All you can do is laugh.

Truth is Green has been MIA since November of last year.

link

My season is over after a blazing start. :wall:

Same Here. :cheers: :wall:

No way lee is the starting RB. Sherman isnt the best coach in the league and he liked davenpoop because of his straight ahead style...so I could see him run Lee in a similar fashion. Only difference is davenpoop wasnt that good and lee is even worse. Slow, proding and incapable as a starting RB.

As for Fisher...he is more Warrick Dunn than Aaron Stecker IMO. I think he has a pretty good chance to excel and bring some speed to the offense. The only probably will be him being patient behind his lead blocker henderson and if he can handle the amount of time on the field. I personally think he can - but I don't see him racking up 100 yds on the ground. More like 60-80 rushing and 50 or more recevining...maybe a td here and there.

Not bad for a 2nd or 3rd back...but not great. Keep in mind they face a few tough defenses yet.

Looking at the available RBs out there I think the Pack will stick with Fisher...they hardly have any cash to make something happen, and nothing to trade away except draft picks (which they need to keep).

Being a homer I'd like to say Fisher does really well, but I doubt it. No way this is RBBC at this point. Henderson could vulture a few at the goal line...but honestly the packers pass more inside the 20 than they run.

As for other pickups...I could see a move fromt he practice squad...but nothing more significant. Levens might be signed for depth...but he is way to slow no days. Samkon Gado might be promoted from the practice squad and I'd keep an eye on Walt Williams. He was cut in August but I was surprised at some of his skills. I thought he might challenge Fisher for the 3rd spot.

I look at it this way, not too many teams have 2 good backups. Davenpoop was above average and so is Fisher. I always preferred Fishers style to Davenpoop - and the O line can barely hold a block so his quick style might actually play well until defenses start stacking up on him because the WR corp is down to Chatman and Driver and probably a lot of two TE sets.

As a starting RB, I think Fisher will be a decent receiver. He should rack up more rec. yds. than rushing. If your in need & the wire is thin you gotta roll 'em.