Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moose Knuckle Ball Four

WR Brandon Jones - MRI Results favorable

Fisher said he does not know the status of Brandon's injury they are still doing tests.

per Fisher presser

Fisher said the team may have to add another receiver to the roster, depending on the injury to wide receiver Brandon Jones.

Brandon Jones?

him too

Fisher said the team may have to add another receiver to the roster, depending on the injury to wide receiver Brandon Jones.

The Packers and the Titans race to sign Antonio Freeman. :ph34r:

So.... Is Calico worth picking up?? :headbanger:

yes

Wide receiver Brandon Jones continues to undergo tests to determine the severity of his knee injury. Jones left the field under his own power during the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss.

''He was swollen today,'' Fisher said. ''He actually felt better today than he did yesterday after the game, but we're going to put him through some tests and see how he is.''

So does Pacman Jones return all the kickoffs now?Does he stay a db as well?

I would say that is a possibility

kind of looking like an add and drop at this point. More than likely, I'll take a chance on another WW pick-up. Too bad too, I was hoping he would be a decent 2 to 3 week plug-in.

The already-thin Titans receiving corps subtracted one, and possibly two, players from its unit, coach Jeff Fisher said Monday.

Wide receiver/return man Andrae Thurman was released to make room for running back Travis Henry, who returns from his four-week suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. Also, rookie receiver Brandon Jones could be out with a knee injury he sustained against Arizona.

In addition to making room for Henry, Fisher said the team decided to release Thurman because he violated team rules. However, he would not elaborate beyond that.

Jones underwent more tests on his knee Monday. Initial reports regarding the results of those tests were positive, though Jones’ availability for the Oakland game is still unknown.

Tennessee is already without the services of No. 1 receiver Drew Bennett who has a broken left thumb. Fisher said Bennett would be out for this week’s game against Oakland.

With the loss of Thurman and possibly Jones, Tennessee has three functioning receivers on its roster – Tyrone Calico and rookies Courtney Roby and Roydell Williams. Fisher said a roster move could be made to bring in another receiver. He added that having return skills would be an added consideration as to who could be brought in.

One possibility appears to be Charles Lee, who was released by Arizona on Monday. Lee played for Titans receivers coach Ray Sherman in Green Bay and has experience returning punts. Troy Edwards is not an option. Detroit signed him Monday.

Jones was having a strong rookie season. He has 21 catches for 274 yards and two touchdowns, including the Titans’ only score versus Arizona.

Andrae Thurman will sign with Green Bay. Write it down.

him or fredex

I hate this situation. I'm already out Holt and D Jax, now Brandon Jones (possibly). I can't take the chance of waiting for the Active List on Sunday again. I have a waiver claim on another Brandon (Lloyd) pending, dropping B. Jones. Maybe if Dorsey starts Lloyd might have some value again.

Either way , it sucks. :doublethumbsup:

I hate this situation. I'm already out Holt and D Jax, now Brandon Jones (possibly).

Think you're upset? Look at my WRs, in my sig. D Jax, Isaac Bruce, Braylon Edwards, now Jones. :thumbsup:

Guest MUGS

They should just combine forces with Green Bay :ph34r:

They might be able to make a unit out of them

MRI On Jones Knee Positive, Titans To Work Out Thompson

Despite positive MRI results on Brandon Jones' knee, the Titans will workout at least one receiver Tuesday.

The Tennessean reports former Dolphins receiver Derrius Thompson will take a physical and undergo workouts. After spending the last two seasons in Miami, Thompson was released at the end of training camp.

Thompson, a 6-foot-3, 220-pounder, is a six-year veteran with 29 NFL starts, 105 catches, 1,543 yards and nine touchdowns.

Titans General Manager Floyd Reese said the Titans will consider several possible free agents.

Though Jones' knee damage did not appear as serious as first feared, the Titans remain thin at receiver. A hand injury will keep Drew Bennett sidelined a couple of more weeks. Tennessee released receiver Andrae Thurman Monday.

isnt a 'positive' result bad news??

isnt a repoert supposed to be good news when it comes out 'negative'?

i am confused!!??!? :thumbsup:

Guest TheCheat

Headline Writer Seeks Employment :ph34r:

i am confused!!??!? :first:

You are right but I read this as positive for Jones and the Titans.

I'm very interested to know that thoughts are on Calico. Don't get to see much action (hardly any) here in Aus - with top 2 options out, surely he's worth a shot vs Oak (patchwork secondary?)

i am confused!!??!? :pointstosky:

:thumbsup:

i am confused!!??!? :o

I thought the same thing. I read it 4 times before I figured out that nothing bad was determined. Of course, we won't really know until he actually plays. :cheers:

Official Injury Report status? Did he practice today?

Any new news? My WR lineup is bloody and each WW pickup costs, so want to be sure. thanks.

Official Injury Report status? Did he practice today?

Any new news? My WR lineup is bloody and each WW pickup costs, so want to be sure. thanks.

questionable...

(on wide receiver Brandon Jones and cornerback Andre Woolfolk)

They’ll be day-to-day. Brandon with a knee and an ankle and Andre with a hamstring.

(on Jones injury being better than initially feared)

I was nervous when I saw it in the airplane on the way home. It looked like there could be some potential damage there. It was good news.

Guest MUGS
Tango 

Posted: Oct 26 2005, 11:03 PM

Report PostQuote Post

FF Geek

Group: Members

Member No.: 3562

Are those quotes? If so, who said it?

Trust Me. Moose's source's are credible :o

I dont doubt it. Just wondering who said it. Sounds like Fisher, but I'd rather not guess.

Time to pick up Roydell Williams :thumbsup:

I'm with you... according to Coach Fisher, he is the fastest guy on the team and has good hands. He made a crucial mistake at the end of the game by stepping out of bounds instead of getting a first down, but that's just a rookie mistake.

I'm picking up this guy and hopefully starting him in a couple of weeks. :first:

Titans: Jones considered day-to-day

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Thursday, October 27, 2005

News

The Titans consider wideout Brandon Jones day-to-day following the knee injury he suffered in Sunday's loss to the Cardinals, head coach Jeff Fisher told the team's website on Wednesday. He is listed as questionable for this weekend.

Views

The team got some good news this week when the MRI on Jones' revealed no serious damage, but he will still likely be a game-time decision if he plays on Sunday.

REPOST QUESTION:

Did any one actually see the last game? I had Calico a few years ago before he got hurt. In preseason(a few years ago), he look like a man among boys, then the wheels fell off. I picked him up this week, really on just a flyer....I'm just trying to catch lightening in a bottle for my flex spot after losing Walker and Deuce. I doubt I'll play him with only starting 2 WRs and him being behind Driver, Wayne, Donte Stallworth, Az and Stokley, but you never know.

Might actually be forced to start him at my flex position this week with Wayne out and Donte and Az both nursing injuries.......

TIA

Our WW is pretty thin right now. Available ones are down to the Vikes WRs (M. Rob/ T. Taylor/ Williamson), D. Mason, Reg. Williams, Calico, PatteRn.

Sheesh, slim pickings if I have to drop Brandon Jones on Sunday morning. :thumbsdown: