Sign in to follow this  
Sportslitter

Bears vs Lions

Who cares? Should be as exciting as the Detroit-Cleveland game last week.

64-14 Bears and they finally give them a good game.

Da Bears !!!

If you are giving 50 points I'll take it!

yep, me too.

so we have a sig bet--you giving us the lions and 50 points?

For Detroit to win they will have to play over their heads, and need some key backups to continue performing well. Two good defenses and struglling offenses. I like the Lions takeway ability, but losing Bly is a crushing blow.

Overall Chicago is a fundamentally better team. There are some intangibles leaning in Motowns favor - Garcia's first home game, more upside to lil' Jeff than Orton - but in this kind of game I want a 25 carry wear em down back.

Hello, TJ - ready for your 6th straight good game?

Who cares?  Should be as exciting as the Detroit-Cleveland game last week.

I care because I have T. Jones. :wall:

Bears 17-9

Their D holds Garcia to under 175 passing yards with 2 Int's and KJ under 60 rushing yards.

Have you seen the Bears D and T. Jones this year. BOTH are sick!! :(

Bears 13

Lions 9

Whatever the over/under is on this game, I think the under is a lock.

No doubt Chicago is the far better team. Better defense, better running game, better special teams, better OL and better coaching. And the QB situation is not that different either (with Suckington in there, Orton was the better QB....now with Garcia, it is at least very much similar). IF Det wins, it will only be because the Bears lost it with some turnovers or mental mistakes.

For Detroit to win they will have to play over their heads, and need some key backups to continue performing well. Two good defenses and struglling offenses. I like the Lions takeway ability, but losing Bly is a crushing blow.

Overall Chicago is a fundamentally better team. There are some intangibles leaning in Motowns favor - Garcia's first home game, more upside to lil' Jeff than Orton - but in this kind of game I want a 25 carry wear em down back.

Hello, TJ - ready for your 6th straight good game?

yeah. oh, and the minor intangible that the bears haven't won a road game in a year and have a total of 5 since 2001 :wall: :angry:

yep. the bears are vastly superior and no doubt the lions will have to play "so far over their heads" that their nose bleed for a week in order to have even a remote chance of winning.

No doubt Chicago is the far better team. Better defense, better running game, better special teams, better OL and better coaching. And the QB situation is not that different either (with Suckington in there, Orton was the better QB....now with Garcia, it is at least very much similar). IF Det wins, it will only be because the Bears lost it with some turnovers or mental mistakes.

see above.

you are the reason snl is so funny. but you come across as very bitter most of the time. more angry than happy when talking about the bears and the lions. did joey ballgame steal your girlfriend? or maybe you're a cub fan pissed off and jealous of the white sox? :thumbsdown: either way, stop projecting.

and nice of you to already start spinning the losing spin. you'll be here on sunday night when the bears lose biatching because the "vastly superior" bears "let" the lions win.

predictable :D

newsflash: when a team losses it losses. a loss is a loss. i wasn't here making excuses for the lions in week 2...and here you are positioning yourself to take the whiny excuse machine and the game hasn't even been played yet.

As a bears fan.. i am not sure if i agree with ya on everything...

-Better D.. yes

-Better running game... so far yes.

-better special teams... i call it even.

-better OL... so far yes.

-better coaching... I am not sure what one has done so much better or worst than other... so i call that even too.. although i wish mooch would stick with kJ a little more..

-garcia vs orton.. as much as i like orton.. but today, if i had a choice... i take garcia... I wanted the bears to go after garcia this offseason, but he was the only one they didnt talk to... :blink: not sure why.. but I take garcia today qb's the bears over orton in a heart beat.

-why is it that if the bears win, it will be due to turnovers and mental mistakes... Last time i checked the mental game is part of playing and so is holding on to the ball. you turn the ball over.. you will end up losing... you make mistakes.. you will end up losing.. the current bears have no such great reputation of being a mistake free team that if they do such things it will be out of ordinary for them. so if they do... it should be credited to the loins if they caused it or bad play if it was a nonforced mistake. eitherway a mistake..and does not mean that the loins played over their head.

-i think on paper..the bears look better...but they play the games for one reason.. to find out for real who is better. I think the loins x-factor is garcia.. if he does what he is capable of doing.. he could pull out this game for them.. but he is somewhat hampered with their losses of WR's and Bly.

but if we are just here to talk trash... :P

then

DA BEARS 69

wimpy loins -3

:unsure:

will settle for 24-16 bears victory though.... :mad:

Funny how the lion's are favored to win. Guess if Vegas reads this post they might be apt to switch that around.

I'll reply to this quote in detail after that game on Sunday. It's only fair since you are only using what happened in game one to come to these conclusions.

I care because I have T. Jones. :thumbsup:

Bears 17-9

Their D holds Garcia to under 175 passing yards with 2 Int's and KJ under 60 rushing yards.

Have you seen the Bears D and T. Jones this year. BOTH are sick!! :lol:

Don't get your hopes up too high on Jones this week. He'll be lucky to last the entire game.

38-6 B!TCHES!!

How you like them apples???

Til you beat us:

a. you don't start a thread and NOT expect bears fans to slam the pussycats.

b. Don't say chit because you got worked not 3 weeks ago.

c. Will refer to da Bears as the "division leading Bears".

Detroit still sucks. The Lions have no team discipline. They've wasted 3 straight 1st rd draft picks and still can't throw the ball for chit.

I'll be back Sunday night. Bank on it.

Up your a$$es with the 3 points. Thats simply because you all are at home. We should be favored by 32 the way i see it.

38-6!!!

38-6!!!

38-6!!!

38-6 B!TCHES!!

How you like them apples???

Til you beat us:

a. you don't start a thread and NOT expect bears fans to slam the pussycats.

b. Don't say chit because you got worked not 3 weeks ago.

c. Will refer to da Bears as the "division leading Bears".

Detroit still sucks. The Lions have no team discipline. They've wasted 3 straight 1st rd draft picks and still can't throw the ball for chit.

I'll be back Sunday night. Bank on it.

Up your a$$es with the 3 points. Thats simply because you all are at home. We should be favored by 32 the way i see it.

38-6!!!

38-6!!!

38-6!!!

You're that guy in the Bears jersey that sits two rows down from me that I consistently nail in the back of the head with peanuts the whole game. At least you sound like him......I don't blame you though---you only have 2 more days of glory.

yeah. oh, and the minor intangible that the bears haven't won a road game in a year and have a total of 5 since 2001 :lol: :blink:

How many do the Lions have in that timespan?

Ill give you a hit...it was fewer than the Bears.

And what was it about past performance and the future?

Oh wait, it is you trying to use past performance so it must mean something.

:blink:

Lions win 17-13 with each defense scoring one TD.

Hopefully Jauron won't poosay-foot around this time and blitz Orton mercilessly. He was a f0cking idiot in Week 2. :blink:

Lions win 17-13 with each defense scoring one TD.

Hopefully Jauron won't poosay-foot around this time and blitz Orton mercilessly. He was a f0cking idiot in Week 2. :thumbsup:

agreed! the lions lost that game--the bears didn't win it!!!!!!!!

(thought i'd use some sweetmeat logic).

yeah. oh, and the minor intangible that the bears haven't won a road game in a year and have a total of 5 since 2001  :wub:  :thumbsup:

:lol:

if the lions were playing on the road against the bears this week, i wouldn't have them favored, either ;)

so let's talk about now: who are you? and where is your team?

exactly.

yeah. oh, and the minor intangible that the bears haven't won a road game in a year and have a total of 5 since 2001  :wub:  :thumbsup:

:lol:

if the lions were playing on the road against the bears this week, i wouldn't have them favored, either ;)

exactly.

Ahh...that is your response to your inaccurate use of historic numbers when they fit your arguement but bemoaning them when they work against you? Where is my team? Thats all you got?

And I was not saying the Lions were on the road, I found it funny you would laugh and put a smiley after that comment about the Bears on the road given the Lions record on the road in the past few years is much worse.

I care because I have T. Jones. :clap:

Bears 17-9

Have you seen the Bears D and T. Jones this year. BOTH are sick!! :cheers:

The Bears D is the best in the NFL.

If I am not mistaken they have not given up a TD in the last 2 weeks, and have not surrenedered a Red-Zone TD all year.

GO BEARS.....

New Prediction

What if Da Bears were only allowed to play with 1 player, BUT that player was Coach Ditka. Who would win Bears or Lions.

I say

Ditka 22

Lions 7

Ditka gives up a meanless last second td. (I mean he is playing on a replacement hip).

I care because I have T. Jones. :lol:

Bears 17-9

Have you seen the Bears D and T. Jones this year. BOTH are sick!! :clap:

Don't get your hopes up too high on Jones this week. He'll be lucky to last the entire game.

Based on what. Thumbs down to you....

:cheers:

yeah. oh, and the minor intangible that the bears haven't won a road game in a year and have a total of 5 since 2001  :lol:  :cheers:

:clap:

if the lions were playing on the road against the bears this week, i wouldn't have them favored, either :lol:

exactly.

Ahh...that is your response to your inaccurate use of historic numbers when they fit your arguement but bemoaning them when they work against you? Where is my team? Thats all you got?

And I was not saying the Lions were on the road, I found it funny you would laugh and put a smiley after that comment about the Bears on the road given the Lions record on the road in the past few years is much worse.

my numbers weren't inaccurate:

1) the bears haven't won a road game since last november and they have 5 total since 2001.

2) you brought up the lions road record. i correctly pointed out that that is invalid to this week's game: the lions are at home and the bears are on the road. if the lions were on the road at chi this week i wouldn't be predicting a lion blowout like all of these delusional bear fans.

keep spinning away.

i understand you wanting to participate, as the packers will not play in a meaningful game the rest of the season, but stop the idiocy.

see above.

you are the reason snl is so funny. but you come across as very bitter most of the time. more angry than happy when talking about the bears and the lions. did joey ballgame steal your girlfriend? or maybe you're a cub fan pissed off and jealous of the white sox? :rolleyes: either way, stop projecting.

and nice of you to already start spinning the losing spin. you'll be here on sunday night when the bears lose biatching because the "vastly superior" bears "let" the lions win.

predictable :rolleyes:

newsflash: when a team losses it losses. a loss is a loss. i wasn't here making excuses for the lions in week 2...and here you are positioning yourself to take the whiny excuse machine and the game hasn't even been played yet.

exactly, Chicago has #3 rated defense and Detroit #9. Detroit has +5 and Chicago -1 in take away/give aways both offenses suck but Detroit will open it up to take the run away from chicago. Detroit 27-17 winners

Da Bears 13

Lions 9

Da Bears D is too good and the Lions offense, well, its the Lions offense :wall:

Bears 16

Cats 9

Defence dominates the Det O and TJ runs hard all day against a DLine that will miss Rogers and a secondary that will miss Bly.

Home or away doesnt matter. Games are won in the trenches and Det is overmatched on both sides of the ball.

I predict that if I start Kevin Jones the Bears' defense will shut him down and if I start Chicago's defenes Kevin Jones will shred them. :wall: B)

yeah. oh, and the minor intangible that the bears haven't won a road game in a year and have a total of 5 since 2001  :lol:  :wall:

B)

exactly.

my numbers weren't inaccurate:

1) the bears haven't won a road game since last november and they have 5 total since 2001.

2) you brought up the lions road record. i correctly pointed out that that is invalid to this week's game: the lions are at home and the bears are on the road. if the lions were on the road at chi this week i wouldn't be predicting a lion blowout like all of these delusional bear fans.

keep spinning away.

i understand you wanting to participate, as the packers will not play in a meaningful game the rest of the season, but stop the idiocy.

1..Sorry, brainfart...meant inconsistent...or as it is known here...typical swamp dog.

2..I brought it up because it is funny you would mention the bear's road troubles and add a laughing smilie when the Lion's is worse.

Spin? What spin...you state the past performance...blah blah blah...then you bring it up when you see fit or if it fits into your arguement. You are nothing but a hypocrite and it is way too easy to point that out anymore.

Idiocy? Yeah...I guess it is idiotic to keep pointing out your obvious delusion.

Funny you would also talk about me wanting to "participate"...as if you ever stay out of a thread that has little to nothing to do with your Lions. (Ahem...like the BLS sig bet thread). :lol:

Afternoon Blitz on Sirius Radio: "Detroit is Chicago's kryptonite" (about playing in Detroit) CHicago can never win in Detroit! Big Daddy is going to be penetrating the OL every play and shut down THomas Jones. When Orton is forced to pass Andre Goodman and Keith Smith and RW MQquarters ;) are going to show the Bears why the Lions are the 7th ranked Defense in the NFL!

On offense the O Line finally was able to open small holes for KJ last week. This week look for their chemisty to continue to improve, as KJ has his best game thus far and Garcia perfects play action passes to BMW and Pollard.

Detroit-17 Chicago-3, just like GB baby! B)