Sign in to follow this  
Niners_fan

Dynamic Duos

Just wondering what kind of nasty running back combinations people start in leagues with atleast 2 active rb spots. Also if you are in multiple leagues like many of us rank your rb duos.

Mine would be:

1. LaDainain/Portis

2. LaDainain/Dom

3. Dillon/SJAX

4. Westbrook/Dillon

I'm in four leagues.

My best is:

Tomlinson and Caddy

My worst:

Chris & Ronnie Brown

I have 4 flex spots in my league. So I can start a lot of backs. My roster is below. I currently start Alexander/Edge. I have Jamal & JJ too, but they havn't helped much.

Last year I had Jamal/Alexander/LT2/Rams run game.

BTW, this is an auction keeper. I made it my mission the past 3 years to get both Alexander and Jamal while values we down. :pointstosky:

Yup brown squared is a rough one. Nice on LT2 and Caddy though.

Well I had Deuce. This was the league that I drafted three wr's in the first four rounds.

I'm down to

Chris Brown

Ronnie Brown

Ricky Williams

Michael Bennett

Alvin Pearman

Disgusting! I traded away....Willie Parker, Tatum Bell....again...disgusting!

I had Deuce too in my Westbrook/Dillon league. I had to deal with Anderson, Bell, and LJ to fill the void and it was too unpredictable. I traded Culpepper/Branch for Dillon/Bryant and think the deal will work out well. I have Brunell, Big Ben, and Leftwich as other qbs and my wrs are S. Moss, R. Smith, and Coles. I turned around and traded A. Bryant/M. Anderson for Mcardell. Wheelin and dealin to turn the ship around!!!

i play in a high performance scoring auction league so stealing players is a must to get good rb's. i draft rb's on strength of schedule, absolutely no rbbc, and contract status. this is who, when and why:

1. edge: he wants money, he need production. too many weapons to cover.

1. JJ: MKB4 pick way back when. area insiders said bill was "giddy about him."

8. dunn: drafted for rec and consistency, nice schedule too.

9. t.jones: fantastic schedule! benson should have know about holding out against the bears "organization". they have killed promising rb's before and are going to do it again. looks at past drafts and look at stats. its scary. he looks like a convict and is playing like a stud. he's pissed that his little bro got a fat contract and benson got the hype. it has also taken some time for him to learn the offense and become a pro rb...mentally. i did not expect him to do this well, he was more of a fill in.

1WW. FWPfootball guys hyped him all summer, had a big first game.

I'm dead in the water in my 14-team main league at 1-5-1 (another "lost Deuce" story):

Chris Brown & Mewelde Moore (with Kevan Barlow, JJ Arringcrap, Greg Jones)

Better in my the second 12-team league at 4-3:

Shaun Alexander & Domanick Davis (with Mewelde Moore, Mike Anderson, DeShaun Foster)

Just a bad, bad year...

My Best: Edgerrin James and Priest Holmes (w/Johnson handcuffed) in The Fantasy Auctioneer Experts Invitational. I got a little criticism for spending $105 of my $200 on these guys after the draft, but I'm 6-1 so far.

Second Best: Local league...Edgerrin James & Curtis Martin (with Cadillac & LJ backing them up)

3rd w/Potential: Keeper league--Westbrook & Dillon w/a newly acquired Cadillac on a long term contract waiting in the garage.

4th: Keeper league--Caddy & Westbrook.

5th: FF Handbook League--Caddy and Dillon (Green and Davenport) No waivers allowed in this league, so after being 3rd in total points, I had two horrible weeks and dropped a few notches due to Horn, Bulger, Dillon, Caddy, Green, & Davenport getting hurt.

6th: SOFA--Holmes and either Bettis, C. Taylor, T. Fisher, or M. Barber...Green was my #2 RB

Worst: FFToday League--can start 3 RBs or 2 QBS (never did this before)...I went for the QBs...wound up with Edgerrin James, M. Pittman, & D Foster. Backing them up are Gore, M. Barber, J Payton, and a prayer :)

1) Holmes and Westbrook

2) Holmes (w/ LJ handcuff) and Dom Davis

My RB bench on both is pretty good too, but that wasn't the question :) Feels good this year to have to scramble for WRs rather than RBs.

Kevin Jones and Mike Anderson?

I had Deuce...and now Julius Jones is injured.... I have played that duo one too many weeks.

SA and L. Jordan.........

:)

The funny thing is that this combo (in 20/20 hindsight) could have been had in 95% (according to the National Guessing Bureau) of leagues out there drafting from the 2-3 hole.

The funnier thing is that this combo might BLOW a month from now. HTH!

League 1: Tomlinson, Lamont & Dunn (Currently 1st place)

League 2: Mcgahee, Lamont & Fisher (Currently 2nd place, lost Deuce)

League 3: Fast Willie, Kevin Jones, & Barlow (Currently 4th, expecting to continue nose-dive, lost Deuce)

Dynasty:

Clinton Portis & Willie Parker

Kevin Jones is my #3 currently. Nice potential in the depth, though.

Keeper:

Clinton Portis & Corey Dillon (a little disappointing, but)

Willie Parker & Mewelde Moore in depth (nice depth, but making the decision this week hard)

I start 2 rb's and a flex, usually go with Edge, Portis and M Moore with R Brown on the bench.

Lamont Jordan & S.Jackson in my league holding strong at 6-1

K.Jones, J.Lewis with Barlow and C.brown as well. whole team is not producing except S.Smith and Shockey so I am 3-4

The Edge and Portis gotta like the Canes!!

redraft

LT & T Jones starting

T Bell & C-Mart backing

Drafted Martin in the 2nd round and have started him 5 times.

:pointstosky:

Rule #1 - never bench your stud

Rule #2 - recognize who your stud is

OK, OK, I get it - that angry man in Chicago isn't giving up his job anytime soon.

Best

Edge and S. Jax

LT2 and T. Jones

Caddy and McGahee

Worst

C-Mart and Fragile Freddy

R. Brown and K. Jones (mine since Julius is hurt :pointstosky: )

S. Davis and R. Droughns

Two 8 team leagues

1) Tomlinson/T Jones/S Jackson/TBD

2) McGahee/D Davis/S Davis/Martin

scoring in these leagues is more difficult to balance quality of regular players used.

My best RB draft for the year was in a 12 team re-draft and I got

Priest

Portis

L. Jordan

Cadillac

We start 2 RB + a flex

I packaged Jordan with J. Porter and traded for TO so I don't have Jordan anymore, but picked up T. Bell on Waivers after week 4 and has been a good fill in. I also have L. Johnson and I'm 7-0 in that league

:lol:

I am in two ten team leagues. The first league we could keep three as long as they were not previously drafted in the first three rounds. I kept A Gates, L Jordan and N Burleson.

The second league was redraft.

1st league (7-0)

S Alexander/ L Jordan Bench W Parker, M Anderson, D Foster

2nd League (4-3 but I have scored the most points)

S Alexander/ L Jordan Bench C Williams, L Johnson (I just traded M Moore for J Smith)

I started off the season with Dillon and JJones which I thought was pretty good...now I have been forced to play Bettis and Duckett in week 6 (zero points combined), Bettis and Shipp week 8 (not much better), and this week I may have Dillon back. I had also drafted Davenpoop and he got hurt the same week everyone else did. Thankfully SSmith and Carson Palmer have played well to date or my record would be worse than 3-4. Long, long, season so far....also took Lelie and AJohnson and they have been bigtime busts so far.

1. LT & McGahee- 10 team money league, I've got JJ and Caddy on the bench

2. Edge & McGahee- 12 team online league

3. Holmes & Dillon/Williams- 10 team online league