Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevejohnson

Glad To See Fftoday Is Back!

Guest stevejohnson

I am happy to see FFToday is finally back. This has always been the best board on the web for fantasy football talk!

I tried Football Guys board but it was HORRIBLE! Anyone else try that board while this one was down?

Guest Mr.T

The what now? Who are you and why have you come here?

Guest stevejohnson
The what now? Who are you and why have you come here?

What? I was just wondering if anyone else tried Football Guys Board while this was down. I personally thought they were horrible. No big deal....

I tried Football Guys board but it was HORRIBLE! Anyone else try that board while this one was down?

I heard it was bad. I hung out at ffLivewire.com while we were in hiatus. It's actually a good board and they have good football material. I will continue to flop between boards from now on...

Guest stevejohnson
I heard it was bad. I hung out at ffLivewire.com while we were in hiatus. It's actually a good board and they have good football material. I will continue to flop between boards from now on...

I'll have to check that one out. I tried to find some other decent boards but didn't come across anything good. There were a lot of clowns at Football Guys that did nothing but kiss the site owners butt all day. And god forbid if you asked about another site or said something the mods didn't agree with.....

Like I said, glad to see these guys were able to get the board back up!

Guest Mr.T
I'll have to check that one out. I tried to find some other decent boards but didn't come across anything good. There were a lot of clowns at Football Guys that did nothing but kiss the site owners butt all day. And god forbid if you asked about another site or said something the mods didn't agree with.....

Like I said, glad to see these guys were able to get the board back up!

Ok, you only have 11 posts since July of 04? And five or so of 'em are from today? Whose alias are you? Tell me quick before I lose interest.

Guest stevejohnson
Ok, you only have 11 posts since July of 04? And five or so of 'em are from today? Whose alias are you? Tell me quick before I lose interest.

What are you talking about? I signed up a while ago but didn't have time to come to the board much then next thing I know the board is down for months! What you see is what you get. Sorry to disappoint you!

Guest Mr.T

Ok, if you've never had another handle on this site then welcome. I remain skeptical but that's because we often get (had?) lots of people register with a different name.

I look forward to your posts, even if you aren't a fan of money ball.

I hung out at Pigskin Addiction during the hiatus. It was OK; I do love their in-season analysis. But their newsworthiness (is that a word) is seriously lacking.

This FFT board is the best I've found. For football news, rumors and up-to-date info, nobody beats this board. Not even espn, si or the nfl itself. And that's a credit not only to Mike, but to to all the members here keeping their ear to the ground. Keep up the good work.

Of course, I must also mention that I managed to finish off my best season ever after this board crashed and burned last season. Even set a league scoring record in the championship game no thanks to you guys. Come to think of it, this board sucks! :P

Guest stevejohnson

that is funny, they suspended me for a week for responding to a post about which city has the most drunken fans! I didn't even curse or anything! Those guys are a joke. They have more mods then posters over there!

There were a lot of clowns...that did nothing but kiss the site owners butt all day.

There will be no butt kissing here! Mike prefers, clinking glasses :lol:

Welcome back sj and everyone.

Guest stevejohnson

Thanks...... :lol:

Welcome back sj and everyone... for as long you last! MUWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Fixed!

No other message boards for me, I was abstinent the whole time :lol: . Thoughest months of my life. :lol: I Love this site!

Yeah, I was over at FBG quite a bit. The Willis Mcgahee in the 4th rd thread was good for some laughs

There will be no butt kissing here! Mike prefers, clinking glasses :D

quiet rook

There will be no butt kissing here! Mike prefers, clinking glasses :D

who are you? :huh: :wall:

This board is my in my comfort zone. I have been active on FBG's also, but mainly

just as a viewer and casual poster. The years of being here have parlayed into many

good friendship's. I have a very good feel for who knows what here. Who to go to for homer

info, and who to call upon for almost any Fantasy football topic under the sun. It is also great seeing

some new guys, every year, catch on and participate. This is the single best source for fantasy info on the net, and that is because of it's participants, mods, and staff.

who are you? :wall: :D

<----- Account deleted by He Who Shall Not Be Named :huh:

Not Voldemort

<----- Account deleted by He Who Shall Not Be Named :mad:

Welcome aboard...............I hope you enjoy the site as much as I have!!! Join right in as we always need a new perspective!!! :P

:first: Thanks for getting us back up and running!

<----- Account deleted by He Who Shall Not Be Named :first:

i know. i was just messing with you. i'm just glad you got it back up. i got to start preparing my draft soon.

The FBGs were nice to most everyone who ventured over there for the past couple of months. I've got nothing but thumbs up for them.......... :first:

That being said, this is where I prefer to be.

The FBGs were nice to most everyone who ventured over there for the past couple of months. I've got nothing but thumbs up for them.......... :first:

another quality FF info board.

me too. tracked down alot of the FFToday guys at FFLivewire and I will continue to use that site (although this will still be my #1)

I tried "amateur index " for a while, but it just wasn't the same... :thumbsup:

Good job mike !! Great to be back :lol:

fflivewire has great information but this site is much better for banter.

Guest stevejohnson
The FBGs were nice to most everyone who ventured over there for the past couple of months. I've got nothing but thumbs up for them.......... :blink:

I have to disagree. I saw they suspended a guy just for mentioning FFToday! They have a strict policy about to "advertising" any other sites on their board! I saw another guy who questioned their cheatsheet (which was way off) and he was banned! The guy didn't use profanity or anything, just questioned thier judgement and made a comment how they were in last place in some "national" fantasy league!

Anyway, I'm just glad this site is back up and running! I'll never spend another second on that FootballGays board again!

A few years the FBG site was a month or two old when the biggest FF board at the time, thehuddle, imploded. There was a big influx of people from that site to FBG. FBG was a totally unwelcoming host they went on a jihad of banning former huddle posters left and right. Many minor offenses were cracked down on. It was amazing to watch. A real nightmare.

One particular time, they banned a poster that I highly respected for a non-infraction. What this poster had done in the offending post was so minor that it would have taken a huge imagination to sniff a problem. I was incredulous/perplexed/disgusted that such a good, quality poster had been banned. The arbitrary nature they used to justify banning was out of control.

I chose my words carefully in this post because, well, I did so then as well. I was more angry then though. But no matter, just expressing my furstration with seeing so many good people get axed and making the point that this one particular blantant case of abuse of power was really uncalled for.

And that was the end of "Voltaire" at FBG. Banned. I was banned there for complaining when another quality poster was banned for a non-infraction. I was banned for offering constructive criticism in a polite manor.

This was about five years ago. Like I said, the site was brand new and the newbie site administators were ban/lock-aholics who, in hindsite, probably didn't know what to do. By that time, I'd been "Voltaire" online in fantasy football circles for close to five years already. A long time. So, being stripped of this handle, let's just say I didn't take too well to the idea. I haven't been back. I hope the administrators have changed and gotten wiser in that time, but I see too many people complain that I figure maybe they haven't changed at all.

No skin off my nose. I don't go there because I don't like how they run their site, I'd feel humiliated if I had to chose another FF identity after all this time with a fake email adress and don't miss it. I can use "Voltaire" at any other FF site out there and any content/info offered there can easily be found elsewhere. Problem solved.

Guest stevejohnson
A few years the FBG site was a month or two old when the biggest FF board at the time, thehuddle, imploded. There was a big influx of people from that site to FBG. FBG was a totally unwelcoming host they went on a jihad of banning former huddle posters left and right. Many minor offenses were cracked down on. It was amazing to watch. A real nightmare.

One particular time, they banned a poster that I highly respected for a non-infraction. What this poster had done in the offending post was so minor that it would have taken a huge imagination to sniff a problem. I was incredulous/perplexed/disgusted that such a good, quality poster had been banned. The arbitrary nature they used to justify banning was out of control.

I chose my words carefully in this post because, well, I did so then as well. I was more angry then though. But no matter, just expressing my furstration with seeing so many good people get axed and making the point that this one particular blantant case of abuse of power was really uncalled for.

And that was the end of "Voltaire" at FBG. Banned. I was banned there for complaining when another quality poster was banned for a non-infraction. I was banned for offering constructive criticism in a polite manor.

This was about five years ago. Like I said, the site was brand new and the newbie site administators were ban/lock-aholics who, in hindsite, probably didn't know what to do. By that time, I'd been "Voltaire" online in fantasy football circles for close to five years already. A long time. So, being stripped of this handle, let's just say I didn't take too well to the idea. I haven't been back. I hope the administrators have changed and gotten wiser in that time, but I see too many people complain that I figure maybe they haven't changed at all.

No skin off my nose. I don't go there because I don't like how they run their site, I'd feel humiliated if I had to chose another FF identity after all this time with a fake email adress and don't miss it. I can use "Voltaire" at any other FF site out there and any content/info offered there can easily be found elsewhere. Problem solved.

I was "suspended" for a week for replying to another guys half joking question about "worst fans". Again, no profanty or anything like that. I never went back after my "suspension".....70% of the board is the mods patting themselves on the back and 20% are geeks what testify how FBG "helped me dominate my league". What a joke!

I was "suspended" for a week for replying to another guys half joking question about "worst fans". Again, no profanty or anything like that. I never went back after my "suspension".....70% of the board is the mods patting themselves on the back and 20% are geeks what testify how FBG "helped me dominate my league". What a joke!

Suspension for a limited time ... they must have come up with that one since I left. I didn't get anything like that. As far as I know, they've shut down "Voltaire" and my email address from their site permanently. You almost make me curious enough to see if I could go back there... ah... well no, not really. It's been a long time since I cared about that.

I went back to thehuddle and to thedanzone

No other message boards for me, I was abstinent the whole time :mad: . Thoughest months of my life. :mad: I Love this site!

same for me. i was going through major withdrawal..........