Sign in to follow this  
Ignition Technition

Rumsfeld Makes $5m Killing On Bird Flu Drug

Source:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americ...ticle350787.ece

Donald Rumsfeld has made a killing out of bird flu. The US Defence Secretary has made more than $5m (£2.9m) in capital gains from selling shares in the biotechnology firm that discovered and developed Tamiflu, the drug being bought in massive amounts by Governments to treat a possible human pandemic of the disease.

More than 60 countries have so far ordered large stocks of the antiviral medication - the only oral medicine believed to be effective against the deadly H5N1 strain of the disease - to try to protect their people. The United Nations estimates that a pandemic could kill 150 million people worldwide.

:doublethumbsup: :mad: :first:

Good thing rich people take chances on investments or there would be no cure for the bird flu. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Thank you for finding the one thing that I don't focking hate Rumsfeld for.

I'd been looking for a while.

And $5 million is not a killing...

Thank you for finding the one thing that I don't focking hate Rumsfeld for.

I'd been looking for a while.

And $5 million is not a killing...

do we get super liberal Korben Dallas back or strangely subdued nice guy hippe GG masquarading as KG :wall:

Cheney is trying to shoot pheasants. Rumsfeld is trying to kill every other bird. Apparently, the Bush administration believes that the aviary species has dirty bombs other than bird crap.

Guest tiki_gods
Cheney is trying to shoot pheasants. Rumsfeld is trying to kill every other bird. Apparently, the Bush administration believes that the aviary species has dirty bombs other than bird crap.

Too bad they didn't shoot Dan Quayle.

I love how the free market upsets libs.

:banana:

It just seems a little suspicious.

How is it suspicious?

A multi-millionaire investing in a company with a drug that has been on the market for years prior to the bird flu being discovered is not even worthy of the tin-foil hat brigade.

How is it suspicious?

A multi-millionaire investing in a company with a drug that has been on the market for years prior to the bird flu being discovered is not even worthy of the tin-foil hat brigade.

That's exactly it. He makes millions off a disease that supposed was not known. Whatever I'm not going to get into it because you're right it's not worthy of a tinfoil hat. I'm sure our millionaire public servants have investments all over the place and this one happened to hit. Good for him.

I wonder, who in government has been influenced by vendors working toward a vaccine for COVID?

20 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I wonder, who in government has been influenced by vendors working toward a vaccine for COVID?

If only we could peek at Pelosi's portfolio.  It's been a proven winner historically.  

How he and wolfowitz didn't end up at the Hague is beyond me. Not really, because we're the USA. But still, I hope those f****** burn in hell.

5 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

If only we could peek at Pelosi's portfolio.  It's been a proven winner historically.  

Wasn’t she one of the members of congress who were selling off stock just before the COVID issue got mainstream attention?