Sign in to follow this  
Walter34

Vince Young vs Micheal Vick

From a talent perspective, how do these two compare?

Speed, arm strength, accuracy, dumbness?

I'm guessing that Vince falls to the Raiders at #7, so he should fall into a great situation for a rookie qb with Moss, Porter and Jordan helping him out.

Can he start in year 1 and how does he compare to Vick from an athletic standpoint?

Beside being black.. i dont see much comparision - IMO

Vick is freakishly fast, and small at 6'0 while Young is LARGE at 6'4 and take long steps which makes his speed deceptive, but I dont' think he is remotely close to being Michael Vick fast.

In time we will see if Young can throw in an NFL game... ccasue Vick is still struggling with reading D's and the his accuracy has not been good at all. Young was a man amongst boys in college - so it should be fun to see how his talent translates to the NFL.

I see Young struggling BIG TIME - and being the worse of the 3 big QBs coming out this year.

although I hope I'm wrong, Id lvoe to see him excel (not in Oakland as I am a Andrew Walter Dynasty owner) :(

Vick is freakishly fast, and small at 6'0 while Young is LARGE at 6'4 and take long steps which makes his speed deceptive, but I dont' think he is remotely close to being Michael Vick fast.

In time we will see if Young can throw in an NFL game... ccasue Vick is still struggling with reading D's and the his accuracy has not been good at all. Young was a man amongst boys in college - so it should be fun to see how his talent translates to the NFL.

I see Young struggling BIG TIME - and being the worse of the 3 big QBs coming out this year.

although I hope I'm wrong, Id lvoe to see him excel (not in Oakland as I am a Andrew Walter Dynasty owner) :(

He will be a running qb though correct? I was wondering how he compared talentwise. Maybe he's more of a culpepper or mcNabb mold?

If there was a white qb that ran alot ala Steve Young, then we would have a comparable from the crackah contingent. :wacko:

Having watched Vince every year for the last 3, and also being a Vick owner I'll take a stab at this.

Arm Strength: Vick - Doesn't have to plant his feet to rocket a ball down the field. Young also can throw on the run, but his arm just does not compare to Vick's.

Passing Accuracy: Push - Vick has yet to become a highly accurate passer in the NFL. If he wasn't playing in a West Coast scheme, its possible that Vick's accuracy numbers would be much lower. Young improved quite a bit from 2 seasons ago, but he still has a tendency to let passes float a little. Young's mechanics are a little hokey with the 3/4 arm motion.

Running: Push - Both of these guys are awesome on the run. Vick is lightning fast (can't remember his 40 time) and is almost like a RB playing the QB position. Young is much bigger, which makes him harder to tackle and he runs a 4.5 40. He doesn't look that fast when he runs, but because of his size he speed is deceptive (as Portis26 stated above).

Reading Defenses: Vick-Even this year at UT Young didn't do a great job of reading Defenses. When in doubt he made something happen. Very similiar to Vick in his early years in the NFL, but Vick has improved with every season. I would say that Young will be at the same level Vick was when he came into the league.

Intangibles: Young - Young is much bigger (6'5 230 vs. 6'0 215). Young has also shown that he can carry a team when needed (go back and watch that last quarter of the USC game :( ). Vick has made some electrifying plays and can be the homerun threat at any given moment.

Final Thoughts: Goint into the league I think Young is a little better off than where Vick was initially. But that being said, Young needs to work on his defense reading skills and prove that he can run on offense other than the shotgun. I think Young can be a great QB in this league, but he needs to sit for a year or more and learn. Hopefully whoever drafts him does not get enamored with his athletic ability and decide to throw him to the wolves. Its my opinion that Young could be better than Vick when its all said and done.

Hope this helps Walt!

I see Young's straight-line speed as comparable Vick, but Vick is more elusive. Young seems to be a better "QB", but that cannot truly be said until he plays in the NFL. Young greatly improved his decision-making this year. It boils down to what system Young ends up in though. We will see though.

Young will be two levels better than Vick by year's end if he starts this entire year. Barring injuries. Young is awesome. Consistently sold short on his arm strength. Dynasty owners celebrate.

Also, anyone looking for Highlight material for Vince Young can click this Link.

On the Texas Football 2005 Highlight Video, you will see alot of Vince Young in action throughout the season. There are also some Vince Young highlights singled out, but you have to download each one seperately. Maybe these will help.

And to answer the questions above. Young is not as elusive as Vick, but can make people miss from time to time. And he just runs through people because of his size.

Having watched Vince every year for the last 3, and also being a Vick owner I'll take a stab at this.

Reading Defenses: Vick-Even this year at UT Young didn't do a great job of reading Defenses. When in doubt he made something happen. Very similiar to Vick in his early years in the NFL, but Vick has improved with every season. I would say that Young will be at the same level Vick was when he came into the league.

I disagree with this statement. You don't get to be at the top of the country in pass efficiency ratings if you aren't very good at reading defenses. Yeah, he made something happen with his feet many times, but many of the receivers he hit were wide open. Texas's receivers weren't good enough to get wide open all the time. Vince was patient, went through his progressions, and hit the wide open guy.

I'm not saying he was spectacular at making the reads and that he doesn't need a little work, but I don't think Vick is much better. The only person Vick throws to is Alge Crumpler.

I disagree with this statement. You don't get to be at the top of the country in pass efficiency ratings if you aren't very good at reading defenses. Yeah, he made something happen with his feet many times, but many of the receivers he hit were wide open. Texas's receivers weren't good enough to get wide open all the time. Vince was patient, went through his progressions, and hit the wide open guy.

I'm not saying he was spectacular at making the reads and that he doesn't need a little work, but I don't think Vick is much better. The only person Vick throws to is Alge Crumpler.

That's okay you are entitled to disagree :(

Let me redefine what I'm saying there. Vick has been in the league since 2001, so his defense reading skills are somewhat better based on expierience. I wasn't trying to imply that Vince can't read Defenses at all, I'm just trying to say that Vick is better at it right now. Given time, I think Vince will be better.

i think they are pretty different. vince is 6'5", 240 lbs. vick is like 6'0", 205 lbs. vick is faster and has a stronger arm. vince is obviously bigger and harder to bring down and more accurate with short passes.

That's okay you are entitled to disagree :)

Let me redefine what I'm saying there. Vick has been in the league since 2001, so his defense reading skills are somewhat better based on expierience. I wasn't trying to imply that Vince can't read Defenses at all, I'm just trying to say that Vick is better at it right now. Given time, I think Vince will be better.

And just so I am clear, I am comparing Vick 2001 vs Young 2006. Vick obviously has the advantage of years of experience.

<_<

If anyone is really wondering how Vick compares to Young, check their college rushing and pasing stats. Its not even close.

And just so I am clear, I am comparing Vick 2001 vs Young 2006. Vick obviously has the advantage of years of experience.

<_<

In this case, I give Young the advantage. I think he is ahead of where Vick was in his rookie year.

Kind of ironic that you bring up passing efficiency, since Vick led the nation in that category as well... as a red-shirt freshman. I do agree that Young is more advanced than Vick was, though, based on the offenses they ran. The shotgun Young operated out of wasn't pro-style, but like you said, he at least went through progressions, while Vick normally took off is his first read wasn't open.

Young is a much more traditional quarterback prospect than Vick was. He has the prototypical size and more experience reading defenses. He doesn't have Vick's otherworldly speed and arm strength, but that actually might be a plus for him in the long run. I think those tools are stunting Vick's development, allowing him to get by without mastering the mechanics and patience in the pocket necessary to become an elite quarterback. If Young is harboring any illusions of being able to get by on raw athleticism, that won't last for long.

If you are looking at drafting Vince Young this year and starting him, I dunno, he's a rookie. If you are drafting him for future years, I think that might pan out. I am a huge Buckeye fan, and he won that game he played against us. Our defense was probably nearly as good as some NFL defenses, so I see him succeeding in the NFL. Every time I've watched him, he can do it all. Problem is, you never know. Once huge wads of cash start being thrown around, you never know how a person will respond in life. That's part of what makes it so hard to predict a player in the draft. I know that if I received that kind of cabbage, it would be hard to remain focused. I would probably gain a bunch of weight lying on some beach and when someone told me to work out I would say, I'll get to it later.

Vick's sophomore:

completed 59% of his passes for 2095 yards 13 TDs 5 ints

ran for 585 yards and 8 Tds

Young's sophomore:

59% of his passes for 1849 yards 12 Tds and 11 ints

ran for 1079 and 14 Tds

Vick'sjunior:

54% of his passes for 1459 yards 9 Tds 6 ints

ran for 705 yards and 9 Tds

Young's junior:

completed 65% of his passes for 3036 yards 26 Tds 10 ints

ran for 1050 and 12 Tds

Vick's sophomore:

completed 59% of his passes for 2095 yards 13 TDs 5 ints

ran for 585 yards and 8 Tds

Young's sophomore:

59% of his passes for 1849 yards 12 Tds and 11 ints

ran for 1079 and 14 Tds

Vick'sjunior:

Young's junior:

ran for 1050 and 12 Tds

You add in all the intangibles. Young is better than Vick by two levels at the end of this year. If he is a starter at the beginning.

Young has a better arm than Vick, accuracy and power. You haven't seen Vince throw if you don't already know that. Vince may not have the top speed of Vick and may be a quarter step slower. But Vince has more vision and savvy and is harder to tackle.

Young to Moss. All day, all night. Career year for Moss when Vince comes.

They are both solid Runningbacks that need to realize that QB is NOT their best position. No offense, just the facts. :lol:

As RB's or "slash" players, they could really shine.... but, could you see either of them in an Elway-like 2 minute drill where passes have to be completed to barely open WR's in a split second????

Yeah RIGHT..... :unsure:

In your dreams. ZERO chance of Moss putting up better numbers (with Young) than his days with Culpepper.

In your dreams. ZERO chance of Moss putting up better numbers (with Young) than his days with Culpepper.

I like Vince Young's Potential, but I have to agree with this. There is no way anyone can realistically expect Young to go to Oakland (if he did) and have a better rookie year that C-Pep ever did with Moss.

The Bottom Line is this: You should never draft a rookie QB in a redraft league. In a Keeper League, you look at rookie QBs late in the draft. In a Dynasty league where just about every player is kept, then a rookie QB with promise goes pretty high.

They are both solid Runningbacks that need to realize that QB is NOT their best position. No offense, just the facts. :lol:

As RB's or "slash" players, they could really shine.... but, could you see either of them in an Elway-like 2 minute drill where passes have to be completed to barely open WR's in a split second????

Yeah RIGHT..... :banana:

Road Lizard, go back and watch 3 games for me regarding Young (or click the videos up above :) )........

The Ohio State Game

The Oklahoma State Game

And the USC Game

In everyone of those game, Young led incredible drives/comebacks. To say that he couldn't run a 2 minute offense is a little absurd, especially when most 2 minute offenses run out of the shotgun. Granted, this was in college, but I can't name many QBs that made a name for themselves doing that in college who couldn't do in the NFL either.

If he keeps his head on straight and learns the NFL systems, in about 3 years Vince Young may be on the best in the league.

Guest stevejohnson

I like Vince Young's Potential, but I have to agree with this. There is no way anyone can realistically expect Young to go to Oakland (if he did) and have a better rookie year that C-Pep ever did with Moss.

The Bottom Line is this: You should never draft a rookie QB in a redraft league. In a Keeper League, you look at rookie QBs late in the draft. In a Dynasty league where just about every player is kept, then a rookie QB with promise goes pretty high.

Road Lizard, go back and watch 3 games for me regarding Young (or click the videos up above :banana: )........

The Ohio State Game

The Oklahoma State Game

And the USC Game

In everyone of those game, Young led incredible drives/comebacks. To say that he couldn't run a 2 minute offense is a little absurd, especially when most 2 minute offenses run out of the shotgun. Granted, this was in college, but I can't name many QBs that made a name for themselves doing that in college who couldn't do in the NFL either.

If he keeps his head on straight and learns the NFL systems, in about 3 years Vince Young may be on the best in the league.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem with your agruement is that if Young goes to a team that has to play him right away, he isn't going to get 3 years.....I don't think he is ready to play at the NFL level yet so playing him right away could kill his confidence and his career. The best thing that could happen to that kid is to sit behind a vet for at least 1, maybe two seasons (like S. McNair did).....

The problem with your agruement is that if Young goes to a team that has to play him right away, he isn't going to get 3 years.....I don't think he is ready to play at the NFL level yet so playing him right away could kill his confidence and his career. The best thing that could happen to that kid is to sit behind a vet for at least 1, maybe two seasons (like S. McNair did).....

I never said he should/would start year one. In fact, like you said, I hope he gets to sit for atleast a year. Looking at the possibilities of who could draft him. I think Oakland would be tempted to play him now. If he went to Minn. or Ten. his chances of sitting atleast one season are better. Only time will tell though. :)

From a talent perspective, how do these two compare?

Speed, arm strength, accuracy, dumbness?

I'm guessing that Vince falls to the Raiders at #7, so he should fall into a great situation for a rookie qb with Moss, Porter and Jordan helping him out.

Can he start in year 1 and how does he compare to Vick from an athletic standpoint?

Oakland? Davis loves the long ball and Young is not the qb for the long ball. Even Leinart has questionable arm strength and ppl know his arm is better than Young's.

Vick's junior year:

Young's junior year:

ran for 1050 and 12 Tds

This is how I see them in my mind so it was nice to see the stats.

Young is an impact QB who needs to smooth some edges.

Vick is a talented athlete who needs to learn how to play QB.

You guys are crazy comparing a guy like Young to Vick. Vick is a star/Pro Bowler in the NFL...nuff said.

You started making sense on the "crazy" thing...

...then you said it was because Vick was better.

:angry:

Add 2+2 and it looks like Vick did some sleeping around to get that trip to the Pro Bowl.

You started making sense on the "crazy" thing...

...then you said it was because Vick was better.

:wall:

Add 2+2 and it looks like Vick did some sleeping around to get that trip to the Pro Bowl.

Are you suggesting he got in because of his popularity? :P :angry:

Oakland? Davis loves the long ball and Young is not the qb for the long ball. Even Leinart has questionable arm strength and ppl know his arm is better than Young's.

Those people who 'know' that are fools. I feel sorry for them. I have not seen Cutler. I have seen a lot of Leinart and a all of Vince. Vince has superior arm strength. Leinart does too. Both pass with uncanny touch. Vince can ran(to put it lightly), Leinart is poor in that category. They will both excel. You have been informed more than once.

The comparison is obvious. Both are top-10 picks in the NFL draft despite not having convinced people that they can pass effectively. That is remarkable and I don't see how you could overlook it. They also both quarterbacked their teams to amazing seasons in college despite having rocks in their heads, again remarkable.

That said, yes, their skillsets are not an exact match. But compared to the starting quarterbacks in the NFL, they are on the same end of the spectrum. Unlike the athletic QBs who have had big-time success in the NFL, neither one played in anything resembling a pro-style offense in college. So I do think anyone evaluating Young would be wise to compare and contrast him to Vick.

Here's how I think they break down, from a talent standpoint (2001 Vick vs 2006 Young, per Walter's clarification):

Throwing - I think you have to like Young here. Vick has the better arm but in my opinion, but I think Young has two advantages which are each more important: 1. Vick has shown no ability to throw the ball with touch, which Young has. I keep waiting for Vick to figure out how to do this, and he hasn't yet. 2. He has a 5" height advantage. That will not only help him when he's developed as a passer but also IMO it will help him to be patient and learn to stand in the pocket.

IMO Young's passing performance in his junior year is more impressive than anything Vick has ever done throwing the ball, even if you dock Young's accomplishment for having been done behind such a dominant offensive line. I really don't think you can give either guy an edge when it comes to experience/credentials reading defenses in college. (edge Young)

Athleticism - I give Vick the edge here because he is so quick and fast. But Young's superior weight and strength are a big plus too, you really never see Vick break any tackles and Young can definitely do that. That will help him to not take so many sacks. It also means that, although Vick will make more of an impact running the ball, there will be plays at times where Young busts through for extra yards on a play where Vick would have been brought down. I think the stronger Young will also be able to hold on to the ball more (fumble less). But teams won't really have to game plan against his running like they do against Vick. (edge Vick)

Intelligence/Maturity/Leadership - I put these three together because although initially you can lead with locker room charisma, in the long run your ability to lead will be affected by how you conduct yourself on and off the field in a large variety of circumstances. And because a mature player is likely to gain football intelligence faster. Both players were hailed as excellent leaders in college. From what I can tell they both have personality that other players can respond to. The question is, are they natural leaders, or did their teammates just respond to them in college because they were cool guys who were doing great things on the field? It's an important question because success is so much harder to come by in the NFL, you need to be able to lead your team whether or not you are dominating on the field. Maturity is where I have really soured on Vick in the last year. Particuarly the way he whined that nobody should question his passing skills anymore after he had a solid (albeit far from amazing) passing performance in a win over Miami this year. 4 years in the league and he just doesn't get it, you just work hard and do your job, you can't get caught up in trying to prove that you're what someone wants you to be. It's too early to see how Young will handle adversity in the NFL, but I liked how he handled the Heisman loss and all of the hype USC got prior to the Rose Bowl. I would give Young the edge here except that I think he showed bad judgement when it came to the combine. (edge Push)

Summary - When Vick came out, he was a unique commodity, and people didn't have a clear idea how his talent would translate to the NFL. If Vick hadn't come out, I think Young would be a #1 or #2 pick this year. But Vick has struggled enough as a passer that people are going to be more cautious and Young will fall to the mid-top-10. Which is interesting considering that Vick has had a pretty good career. In fact Vick has had an amazing career for the Falcons if you factor in his impact on ticket sales. But five years later Young might not be exciting enough to have the same kind of financial impact for whoever drafts him. I think Vince Young will have a slower start to his career than Vick, but in the end I think he will be a better passer. Ultimately I think that makes him a better long-term prospect because the WRs on the team won't feel like chopped liver and the entire team won't get sick of answering questions about playing on a team with a QB with CB speed. It's mostly up to Vince (and Vick too) to learn to handle their challenge with humility and dignity.

Where has it been proven that Vince Young this so called "weak arm"? I keep hearing all this talk about a weak arm, but I haven't seen it. He's made all the throws he needed to make in college.

Just because he has a funky throwing motion doesn't mean he has a weak arm. :cheers:

Where has it been proven that Vince Young this so called "weak arm"? I keep hearing all this talk about a weak arm, but I haven't seen it. He's made all the throws he needed to make in college.

Just because he has a funky throwing motion doesn't mean he has a weak arm. :thumbsup:

Are you the same guy as IAMWood? If so I assume you are replying to my post among others. As far as I know, Young doesn't have a weak arm, but it's not as strong as Vick's. Vick can flick his wrist and the ball travells 70+ yards. Does anybody have the results from the college QB skills competition? I can't remember what Young's longest throw was, but I think it was about 67 yards, even though they didn't penalize in that contest for being off on the direction. By no means is that a weak arm, and he'll be able to get the distance for 99% of the throws needed in the NFL, but it never hurts to have that extra juice when you need it.

So I do think anyone evaluating Young would be wise to compare and contrast him to Vick.

Athleticism - (edge Vick)

Intelligence/Maturity/Leadership - (edge Push)

That's solid analysis, t.j, but I disagree with both conclusions quoted. Young's size and strength trump Vick's speed and quickness, because Young has all four (qualities). Vick rates better in two of the categories, but significantly lower in the other two. Young is more of a freakish athlete than Vick. Pound for pound, Vick wins, but that's not reality.

Young also wins the leadership contest. He is more mature 01 vs 06, and he is unusually poised and confident. Vick seemed to rely 100% on superior physical ability. Young "looks" like he does the same because he is so physically superior to his competition, but he already has great intangibles that many hoped Vick would develop (and hasn't).

Young is currently being managed by monkeys, and that could reflect a flaw, but he was correct not to work out at the Combine. It's a business decision weighing risk. I would gladly support a bill in Congress to force all college prospects to participate in the Combine, but until that passes, any player at any position grading 1 or 2 has too much to lose and too little to gain by working out with his peers.

Are you suggesting he got in because of his popularity?

With regards to Kevin Smith's 'Dogma':

Suggesting it?!? I'm flat-out saying it!

Intangibles: Young - Young is much bigger (6'5 230 vs. 6'0 215). Young has also shown that he can carry a team when needed (go back and watch that last quarter of the USC game :first: ). Vick has made some electrifying plays and can be the homerun threat at any given moment.

height and weight are actually quite tangible. They can be directly measured. :huh:

Beside being black.

I have seen this in various places. I wonder who got this particular idiocy going. As several have pointed out, there are obvious comparisons that have nothing to do with race.

I will jump on the intangables bandwagon. The way that Vince young seems to will his team to victory is, if not unique, special. If you watched the Rose Bowl, I think it was Lynn Swan that was asked if Young was ready to be an NFL QB--which is an obvious reference to his lack of technical polish. Swann's reaction to the question verged on, "Are you CRAZY?" Refining technique is the easy part, if the desire to improve is there. That is the area I see Vince Young trumping Michael Vick, the willingness to do whatever it takes. Even his opponents recognize it. Remember the justification for going for it on 4th and 2--they wanted to keep the ball out of Young's hands.

J

I'll take my chances with Young over the long haul.

Without repeating much of what has been said here, there is one key factor that Young already has over Vick:

The ability to move in the pocket and keep your eyes downfield and your feet set to make a throw. Watch Vick under pressure--unless he knows where he's throwing the ball, he'll put his head down and begin making some dramatic evasive moves in the pocket. By the time he gets away from the pressure, he either has to reset his feet (and arm) and re-scan the field--something he never has the time to do, because if he is still in the pocket after jumping around like this, he's about to get tackled.

Many of the dynamic runners at the QB position don't know how to slide in the pocket or step up while keeping their eyes downfield and feet set to deliver the ball. This is a major reason they don't have high completion percentages and don't progress as fast as some pocket QBs. They are big plays waiting to happen--either for their team or the defense .

Young sometimes tries to do too much, but he has demonstrated the ability to stay in the pocket to make a throw. Sure he runs a lot, but he's more decisive. Even at VA Tech, Vick did this routine in the pocket.

McNair and McNabb were good college runners as QBs but both learned to work out of the pocket. Young is more of a runner like McNair was early in his career.

I think Young's early signs to stay controlled in the pocket and his poise makes a big difference. Don't worry about the Wunderlic score, either...there are several examples of quality players that total bagged the test.

Are you the same guy as IAMWood?

I AM Wood

he just JWood.

hth

Without repeating much of what has been said here, there is one key factor that Young already has over Vick:

The ability to move in the pocket and keep your eyes downfield and your feet set to make a throw. Watch Vick under pressure--unless he knows where he's throwing the ball, he'll put his head down and begin making some dramatic evasive moves in the pocket. By the time he gets away from the pressure, he either has to reset his feet (and arm) and re-scan the field--something he never has the time to do, because if he is still in the pocket after jumping around like this, he's about to get tackled.

And this is exactly what I mean about Vick's athleticism stunting his development. He usually runs like a RB, looking to take off and get the yards right in front of him. The one thing I would add is that he has the arm strength to pull up and throw, even when his feet aren't set... with pretty disastrous consequences as far as accuracy goes. One of the few times I can remember him using his gifts to be a better passer was in the playoff game at Green Bay, when he utterly humiliated KGB and two other Green Bay defenders in the backfield, extending the play by several seconds while continuing to scan downfield. I guess that's the difference between having a coach in Reeves that actually wanted to teach him to play the right way, as opposed to one in Mora, Jr. who's basically a cheering section.

height and weight are actually quite tangible. They can be directly measured. :sleep:

Yeah, I'm not sure what I was thinking there....DoH!

Oh well, :D

I have seen this in various places. I wonder who got this particular idiocy going. As several have pointed out, there are obvious comparisons that have nothing to do with race.

I will jump on the intangables bandwagon. The way that Vince young seems to will his team to victory is, if not unique, special. If you watched the Rose Bowl, I think it was Lynn Swan that was asked if Young was ready to be an NFL QB--which is an obvious reference to his lack of technical polish. Swann's reaction to the question verged on, "Are you CRAZY?" Refining technique is the easy part, if the desire to improve is there. That is the area I see Vince Young trumping Michael Vick, the willingness to do whatever it takes. Even his opponents recognize it. Remember the justification for going for it on 4th and 2--they wanted to keep the ball out of Young's hands.

J

You hit on a good point here, and I wanted to echo it.

There was some issues that alot of critics pointed out about Young going into this last season, and one of them was if his passing did not improve, the team probably repeat their season from 2004. That they would basically go as far as Young would take them. Young has something that I have yet to see in Vick, and that is the drive to actually try and become better. Young worked his butt off last year to improve his passing and the results spoke for themselves. His numbers from 2004 to 2005 are a good example of that.

If Young's Drive and Determination that he has shown throughout his college career transcends into the NFL, then there shouldn't be any doubt that one day this guy could be really something special.