Sign in to follow this  
OrangeSoda

Sleeper TE

Every year there is some nitwit on this board that has a sleeper Te, and they are always way off base....For me I have a had a decent track record, 3 years a go i had LJ smith and Boo Williams, 2 yrs ago i drafted gates, last year I drafted Mike seidman and Tim Ehus... So my track record has been pretty good with TE,s

I just figure I'll be the nitwit this year...

This year I am High on Wesley Duke a 2nd player on Denvers practice squad.

I will use my lat pick in the draft on him this year.

Added him to my dynasty roster when DEN put him on the active roster :lol:

I wrote an article for the site calling Seidman my TE sleeper. :lol:

Duke is in NFLE. I doubt he'll see much action next year. Still developing.

This year I'm going for Bennie Joppru. They just need to get that bionic leg coordinated with the organic one and he'll be a stud.

Every year there is some nitwit on this board that has a sleeper Te, and they are always way off base....For me I have a had a decent track record, 3 years a go i had LJ smith and Boo Williams, 2 yrs ago i drafted gates, last year I drafted Mike seidman and Tim Ehus... So my track record has been pretty good with TE,s

I just figure I'll be the nitwit this year...

This year I am High on Wesley Duke a 2nd player on Denvers practice squad.

I will use my lat pick in the draft on him this year.

:lol: He's a sleeper alright :banana: He will sleep so much, that he will not even see the field this season.

I have two tight ends on my keeper league team. You read it here first, BOTH will be studs next season. The first one is Todd Heap. Look at his final 3 games last season. When he and Boller began to click, they were lighting teams up.

The other is Kellen Winslow Jr. He knows he has only one chance remaining. He is going to be to quick for any linebacker to cover and the Browns will probably be playing catch-up most of the time. Winslow could catch 60 passes next season. That's not in the same league as Heap, Gates, Gonzalez, or maybe even Shockey, but he has the highest ceiling of any of them.

I have two tight ends on my keeper league team. You read it here first, BOTH will be studs next season. The first one is Todd Heap. Look at his final 3 games last season. When he and Boller began to click, they were lighting teams up.

The other is Kellen Winslow Jr. He knows he has only one chance remaining. He is going to be to quick for any linebacker to cover and the Browns will probably be playing catch-up most of the time. Winslow could catch 60 passes next season. That's not in the same league as Heap, Gates, Gonzalez, or maybe even Shockey, but he has the highest ceiling of any of them.

Kellen Winslow junior - how can he be too quick for linebackers now? Have you seen him run lately? Well I haven't either since two years without a play under his belt. Maurice Clarret slow is my prediction. Not to say 2007 he won't be a beast. Just no possible way he has muscle memory on quickness at the NFL level this year.

Kellen Winslow junior - how can he be too quick for linebackers now? Have you seen him run lately? Well I haven't either since two years without a play under his belt. Maurice Clarret slow is my prediction. Not to say 2007 he won't be a beast. Just no possible way he has muscle memory on quickness at the NFL level this year.

:first: He's a f-in' soldier!! :sleep:

:sleep: He's a f-in' soldier!! :mad:

Yup - the Soldia of SELF-DESTRUCTION

this is Kellen talking to himself :first: - huh huh, have you seen those new stand up scooters that have an engine on them. No way that can hurt me. Watch everyone I'm going to pop a wheely!

TGonz... :first:

I agree with this to some extent. He should bounce back to 1000/7-9 TDs, and since he'll probably fall to the 4th, he's a solid value, if not really a sleeper.

Vernon Davis, drafted out of Maryland, will explode on the scene this year :first:

:rolleyes: He's a sleeper alright :rolleyes: He will sleep so much, that he will not even see the field this season.

The original poster and I are banking on more people like you in our leagues to overlook Duke. Unfortunately for me, I live in the Denver area, so all my leaguemates know about him as well. Think about it, do you think the Broncos let Putzier go because they think Stephen Alexander is their TE of the future? No, They have been comparing Duke to Shannon Sharpe since he got here. I'm not sure he can live up to those expectations, but I do know the Broncos are very high on Wesley Duke.

Adam Bergen - TE - Arizona Cardinals

;) er

am i insane or was arizona granted a special rule that they are allowed to play with two balls on all

offensive plays next year.

between edge, boldin and fitz, how do you see bergen putting up big numbers... we are talking 60+ catches and about 8 tds?

Love the kid - depends on who takes him though. Denver? scary good. Niners? not so much.

I'd be happy if San Francisco took him. It would give Alex Smith someone to throw to plus take care of an immediate need at the position since Eric Johnson couldn't stay healthy if his life depended on it.

Bump- Now that Dever took a TE in Round 2??? I had him on short list of sleeper picks also. Anyone think that he will make much of an NFL TE ever? Why did they draft a TE so high?

Guest Black Label Society

I suppose it's not much of a sleeper, but I think Heath Miller is going to be a HUGE part of the Steelah's offense. I actually drafted him last year, and I got a bunch of blank stares. About week 10, guys were emailing me left and right saying 'nice pick.....wanna trade him?' :unsure:

I'm an Eagles fan so take this with a grain of salt, but ... LJ Smith was going off last year until McNabb got hurt. He ended up with over 600 receiving yards, and most of those were in the first half of the season. Once Donovan got hurt he totally disappeared from the offense. This might be a stretch but with a healthy McNabb and no TO to dominate the passing game, I can see LJ ending up with 750+ yards and 5-6 TDs - not bad for a guy you can get pretty late.

Marcedes Lewis, Jacksonville Jaguars = this years Heath Miller

He's strong, fearless, and has great hands. He's big and runs great routes. Look for him to score 6 td's atleast

Not really a sleeper, but if Steve McNair goes to Balt. I think Todd Heap could challenge for the #1 TE this year. McNair loves the TE!

And how about Chris Cooley for WAS. He now has Al Saunders from KC as his O Coordinator and the Tony Gonzalez guy was pretty good in KC.

Marcedes Lewis, Jacksonville Jaguars = this years Heath Miller

He's strong, fearless, and has great hands. He's big and runs great routes. Look for him to score 6 td's atleast

;) :lol: :banana: :banana:

M-A-R-C-E-D-E-S Lewis will be a definite slepper. more tall weapons for leftwich

My thoughts exactly. Not one WR in JAX has stepped up to say "ME ! Throw it to ME Byron ! " and with Jimmy a year older - this guy might see 50 rec and 4-5 TD's and won't even be in the top 15 TE's taken in most leagues

I have two tight ends on my keeper league team. You read it here first, BOTH will be studs next season. The first one is Todd Heap.

Tell me more about this Heap guy. Any good?

Not really a sleeper, but if Steve McNair goes to Balt. I think Todd Heap could challenge for the #1 TE this year. McNair loves the TE!

And how about Chris Cooley for WAS. He now has Al Saunders from KC as his O Coordinator and the Tony Gonzalez guy was pretty good in KC.

Chris Cooley could be on the verge of stepping up this year, 774yd 7tds not bad with a running game just finding itself. He should be on level with that production again this year 900yds, 8tds