Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

My knee is focked up for no reason.

This morning everything is fine. Absolutely no problems. I'm feeding my 15yr old son breakfast, I get up and it feels like I've sprained my knee ligiment or something.

On the inside of my right kneecap it feels like is all frickin strained and painful. In recent months this has happend to me two other times. In about an hour it will be fine again... well it was in the past, but what the hell is this all about?

I went through all highschool sports and have lifted weights and did cardio since and I've never had a sports related injury. So I don't think it's something just 'catching up' with me or something.

Is this something I should start to be concerned about ya think?

I'm walking around the house like Jerome Bettis here dangit. :huh:

I don't think the knee is the real problem here

Ohhhhh.... that's right. I forgot that all the focking comedians post during the day. My bad. :huh:

On the contrary. redtodd's a day poster.

It's prolly ass cancer. HTH

Just fell off my desk chair. :unsure:

Funny you should mention this. The back of my right knee has been bugging me off and on for a few weeks. Something back there is swollen and it hurts to straighten my leg out.

You want professional advice from this bored? Go see a focking orthopedist.

That stuff can "catch up" btw.

I've been saying for a couple of weeks that I need to go see a doctor. Have I actually done it? No.

Just fell off my desk chair. :D

Sadly, this is a symptom of ass cancer. :banana:

Just cut the damn thing off, you got another, right?

BTW, same damn thing with me on my lower back 3 days ago...Freaky Sh!te.. :thumbsup:

Funny you should mention this. The back of my right knee has been bugging me off and on for a few weeks. Something back there is swollen and it hurts to straighten my leg out.

Bakers Cyst. Ice it.

It's probably the syphillis acting up. :first:

Guest Mr.T

You're shocked you're getting nothing but smartass comments? Seriously, what the ###### kinda ###### did you expect us to tell you? Like anybody here knows what it could be (other than ass cancer). None of us are doctors.

Bakers Cyst. Ice it.

Daaaaamn. You're good.

http://www.jointhealing.com/pages/knee/bakers_cyst.html

Knee Problem - Baker's Cyst

If you have some swelling located in the back of your knee; you may have a Baker's Cyst. This is named after a physician who described it first, not because bakers have these cysts.

The cyst usually occurs due to some other problem in your knee such as arthritis or even a tear of your meniscus. The swelling from this problem causes fluid to build up in your knee. This fluid pushes out the weakest point of your joint capsule surrounding your knee. This is usually to the back portion of your knee capsule, and a cyst forms. The cyst has a valve made out of your joint capsule tissue. This valve can sometimes become clogged and the fluid becomes trapped in the cyst. Thus, even when the injury has resolved, you still have the swelling in the back of your knee. This is associated with pain usually described as dull and aching. The pain is worse with prolonged walking or standing. It is sometimes improved with rest, elevation and taking pain medication.

Sounds EXACTLY like what I have. I was actually worried tonight that I had some kind of growth back there. I guess in a way, I do. I'm off to get the ice pack and naproxin!

Daaaaamn. You're good.

http://www.jointhealing.com/pages/knee/bakers_cyst.html

Knee Problem - Baker's Cyst

If you have some swelling located in the back of your knee; you may have a Baker's Cyst. This is named after a physician who described it first, not because bakers have these cysts.

The cyst usually occurs due to some other problem in your knee such as arthritis or even a tear of your meniscus. The swelling from this problem causes fluid to build up in your knee. This fluid pushes out the weakest point of your joint capsule surrounding your knee. This is usually to the back portion of your knee capsule, and a cyst forms. The cyst has a valve made out of your joint capsule tissue. This valve can sometimes become clogged and the fluid becomes trapped in the cyst. Thus, even when the injury has resolved, you still have the swelling in the back of your knee. This is associated with pain usually described as dull and aching. The pain is worse with prolonged walking or standing. It is sometimes improved with rest, elevation and taking pain medication.

Sounds EXACTLY like what I have. I was actually worried tonight that I had some kind of growth back there. I guess in a way, I do. I'm off to get the ice pack and naproxin!

See fockers... someone knew what was wrong with endgame... suck it. Who knows.. maybe some dude had the same thing as me. :flip the bird:

See fockers... someone knew what was wrong with endgame... suck it. Who knows.. maybe some dude had the same thing as me. :flip the bird:

How's the knee doing?

Despite the plethora of knee injuries/problems I have had, I have no idea what would cause this type of pain, for this amount of time.

Possible there's a shard of cartilege that's catching occaisionally, but if it hurts for a couple of hours it's not likely a ligament or muscle.

My completely unedjumacated, personal experience only opinion is that you've got a slight tear in your medial meniscus.

I'm out of large anotomical words now. Wish I could help more.

How's the knee doing?

Despite the plethora of knee injuries/problems I have had, I have no idea what would cause this type of pain, for this amount of time.

Possible there's a shard of cartilege that's catching occaisionally, but if it hurts for a couple of hours it's not likely a ligament or muscle.

My completely unedjumacated, personal experience only opinion is that you've got a slight tear in your medial meniscus.

I'm out of large anotomical words now. Wish I could help more.

It's doing better today... I can walk up stairs at least even though I can't walk down them... something is catching with I bend my knee... when it's all straight it's cool.. and when it's all bent it's cool.. just during the bending. It is getting better though so hopefully I'm all good by tomorrow.

It's doing better today... I can walk up stairs at least even though I can't walk down them... something is catching with I bend my knee... when it's all straight it's cool.. and when it's all bent it's cool.. just during the bending. It is getting better though so hopefully I'm all good by tomorrow.

If it is a bit of torn cartilege, you may want to get it checked before it catches and either does more damage or locks your knee up. Even if it's better tomorrow. Cartilege can catch here and there for a while before it snags really good, or tears further.