Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Have you had an experience with an nfl player?

The Kansas City Chiefs come to River Falls, WI for training camp. I live there. Well a couple years ago after practice I ran in to Priest we talked for what seemed like 10 minutes, very cool guy. I told him that he was on my fantasy team and he better be as good as he was the previous year. It was really cool!

Heh....small world. That's where I am from, and where my mother and brothers live! B)

on a road trip once through mississippi in the sumertime i was drinking a little bit and opened the wrong hotel room door to see favre and madden in the room with one bed.

needless to say it was kind of akward.

B)

I hung out with lawrence Phillips one night at a party. We were in a private room and he wanted to have me introduce him to some of the girls in boca raton.I knew plenty of girls there. This was right when he came to Miami. I was thinking so he can throw them down the stairs too! Needless to say I knew better.

I waited on and talked with Desmond Howard a few times. I grew up in Ann Arbor so I am a huge fan of his. he was still with the Skins and had not done squat in the NFL. I asked him "when are you going to do something in the NFL?" He didn't care that I called him out. Hey the guy now has a superbowl MVP trophy!

I met Rod Woodson in a gym in FtWayne, IN (his hometown) when I was in H.S. and he played for PIT. He was very cool. He spotted my buddy and I on bench and signed my belt...still have it.

I played along side a current DAL o-lineman in H.S....he grew up two doors down from me.

Last season or maybe the year before. Some poster on this site had a "guess what NFL player I am" and had most everyone going. That post would still be on the 1st page had it not been locked.

The good old bad days!

Last season or maybe the year before. Some poster on this site had a "guess what NFL player I am" and had most everyone going. That post would still be on the 1st page had it not been locked.

The good old bad days!

Long live the Cap'n! :headbanger:

one of my good friends lives next door to jags receiver reggie williams... we hung out for a while..also i see jimmy smith and fred taylor often and we talk.. i did see dan marino on vacation, i spoke to him but nothing big.

Reggie williams, that punk left a dent in my girls car. He went to a party on greek when he was playing for uw. This guy was so drunk that when he left the party, he hit my girls car ann until this day the dent is still there. I thinks its pretty funny but its kind of wack that he didnt come back in the house and offer to pay since he knew he was gonna be paid. Goes to show you. I was a valet captain at the westin hotel and we got all the players from all different leagues. It was very interesting. More punks than nice guys. Coolest guy I ever met...bernie williams. Class act. Cheapest tipper...nate mcmillian(when he was a player) always had a diff girl on his arm(a-rod and gary payton)

The good old bad days!

I'll agree that it was a classic thread, but he had hardly anyone going.

By the twentieth post on, only the most gullible people were were even still guessing.

The poor guy was getting lambasted.

I got it on with Orioles pitcher Kris Benson's wife Anna Benson when she was a stripper, and I know this is not football related, but she is a slut none the less.

Name a cowboy from the nineties super bowl teams. Names I can remember anyway. Haley is my favorite, he is one cool ass dude. Wish I could play some ball like him. Crazy fool.

Joe Montana's daughter went to a high school in my town and he would always go see all the games. Saw him there all the time

The good old bad days!

best thread evah in the history of FFToday :thumbsup:

Ive started to get to know Rashean Mathis after going to jags training camps over the years and he came to my kids birthday party along with the rest of the secondary(Wright, Grant, Darius) and they threw the football with the kids and signed autographs.

My high school band played at a football players vs cops basketball event. A bunch of players were there but the only ones I remember being there were Esera Tuaolo and Favre. Favre had just joined the team. He was vaguely remember him thowing one down... or was it a layup? I don't know. All I know is he was cocky as hell back then.

When I was a kid a friend & I went to a golf course with the boys club to help find balls in the woods when players hit them in there. My friend & I were in the woods goofing off when he said look out in time for me to look & get hit in the chest by a golf ball. While I was clutching my chest like I was having a heart attack I looked up to see current player at the time GBs Brian Noble come walking up looking for his golf ball. My friend & I ended up getting our picture taken with him and it landed on the front page of our local news paper's sports section. Problem was we were wearing these stupid boys club hats & the sun was shining on us so our faces weren't visible.

I saw Brian Bosworth in line at Heathrow airport the morning after the Super Bowl in 1988. I said to him "You're not Brian Bosworth, are you?" (Duh) He smiled and said "Not today I'm not", as he put his sunglasses on. He didn't come off as arrogant, though. I just chuckled and said "No problem." Then airport security shooed me away because I was in the First Class line, and I'm anything but first class. Boz looked smaller than I expected, but he had a hot chick with him.

Damn, that sounds pretty lame now that I read it...... :blink:

Lets see I played HS basketball and Football with Cliff Dingle....who went to Penn State, Joe Hamilton, Harvey Middleton, Courtney Brown, Pierson Prioleau.....I actually didnt know Courtney too well but my wife did as they graduated together....said he was a brain and a shy quiet type....

The hardest hit I ever had in a game or practice was trying to tackle Cliff Dingle....He was a big muscular black guy with a low center of gravity and I was a skinny white boy and he rang my bell.....He was the nicest guy in the world....as were most of these guys....Harvey was a bit cocky but heh he had talent and knew it...

I met Bryce Florie the other day when I took my son to his pitching lesson....He can still throw a baseball very hard....My 9 year old son was amazed....

I had a couple chances to meet my Idol Dan Marino but I didnt......I gaurded Sharon Wright during my tryout for the Clemson Basketball team and Chris Whitney...I walked off the team during 2nd week of tryout....we had been trimmed to about 16 players and the skinny 5' 9" white guy was still going....can you believe I quit cause of a girl....I know idiot

Also had my picture taken thats still on my wall with Tree Rollins when I was at basktball camp when I was very young...

nobody real famous but heh not too bad

on a road trip once through mississippi in the sumertime i was drinking a little bit and opened the wrong hotel room door to see favre and madden in the room with one bed.

needless to say it was kind of akward.

:wub:

:pointstosky: ;)

Ed Simmons of the Washington Redskins came into a restaurant I was managing.... the guy was HUGE! All my disillusions about being able to play profootball went out the window when imagined getting hit by a guy that size. The guy who waited on him was called Boomer. Ed kept calling him Boomer Esiason all night. He was a decent guy and a good tipper if I recall correctly.

Oh... and Joe Green saved my life when I was a kid. :blink:

had late night drinks with nick saban at his house(michigan state years) he got his kid out of bed and showed me his long %$#@. u just knew nick was going to be huge.

:wacko:

When I was a kid, Dan Doornink's parents owned a cabin a couple hundred yards down the hill from my Grandparents cabin. Hung out there a few times. Now I coach High School basketball. Doornink's son is a Sophomore. I am good friends with their coach, therefore I have sat in the bleachers and spoke with Dan on a number of occasions. He is a great guy!

Wierd that I new some of his family briefly as a kid, now I know him.

Current Falcon special teams coach Steve Hoffman is my neighbor. He was with the Boys during their 90's dynasty. and still lives in Big D. Talk to him every now and then. Parcells screwed up by letting him go as shown by the Boys kicking problems this past season. After he was let go, he had one helluva garage sale for free Cowboys apparrel he got over the years and gave me a Cowboys coat with his name on the tag for free, how sweet!

During the filming of the crappy Neccessary Roughness movie that came out back in the early 90's, I met Butkus, Ben Davidson, Jim Kelly, Dorsett, Herschel, Too Tall, Randy White, Jerry Rice, and Roger Craig. Kelly was throwing balls to whoever would go deep for him on the field. Got a ton of autographs. Evander Holyfield was there a week after he won the heavyweight tltle, and hooked up with some track members from North Texas.