Sign in to follow this  
Diesel07

where do you work and how much do you make?

They just pay me.

Nobody actually mentioned "work" during the hiring process.

A company, way more than you two.

WOW :banana: You da man!!!

The Golden Tooth Dental & Jewelry Emporium

I loveded this job cuz they gave me a free toof ary monf and now I can spell my baby momma name but they done up and fired me cuz I let one of my hoes sniff the laughing gas. She just smelt it, she don't do drugs no mo.

Reason for leaving: They tried to work a brotha ta deaf and I got thangs ta do

They just pay me.

Nobody actually mentioned "work" during the hiring process.

Hey, that was pretty much my gig, but it is fixing to end. They are eliminating my position. I am eligible for re-hire and have been called back before. My base was $76K+ and I just got a $24K bonus. I made about the same money selling cars and will probably go back to that and skip all the corporate interviews.

The 10th Circle of Hell.

Less than my peers, and with the salary freeze now heading into it's third year, I am ready to reduce the building to rubble, along with my peers. Apparently my recent promotion was not worthy of a bump in pay. :banana: :D

The 10th Circle of Hell.

Less than my peers, and with the salary freeze now heading into it's third year, I am ready to reduce the building to rubble, along with my peers. :banana: :D

How soon until you start paying them to work there?

How soon until you start paying them to work there?

I just did a quick edit. I got promoted last year, and still couldn't get a bump in pay. How focked up is that?

I actually made less money this year than last year because overtime was eliminated.

Government jobs. :banana: :D

I started my own Public Relations consulting firm a couple of months ago. I make a nice hourly rate on the jobs I have, but I'm still building the business so there isn't as much work as I'd like. Things are looking good, though. April looks to be a good month!

Architecture firm - Decent money, I live ok for a 25 year old.. And I'm not Art Vandelay!

Architects :unsure:

Civil Engineer, not bad pay, good work

Big -O tires $8.00 / hr. (plus commission) :unsure:

BTW, you said yesterday that you were a mechanic, not a salesperson. Why do you get a commission?

This is the geek club. I work as a CEO in a major company and make 7 figures a year, just everybody else here.

Actually, I make 40 grand as a CSR for a paper manufacturing company. So I live in constant fear of losing my job. Mills are closing constantly in these parts.

BTW, you said yesterday that you were a mechanic, not a salesperson. Why do you get a commission?

I get 5% commision on all mechanical work that the shop does.

Brakes, Front end repair, engine diagnostic, etc. The $8.00 / hr is just to keep us standing here when we are slow...Like today :unsure:

I get 5% commision on all mechanical work that the shop does.

Brakes, Front end repair, engine diagnostic, etc. The $8.00 / hr is just to keep us standing here when we are slow...Like today :unsure:

I presume then that you suggested that Curly have the $1000000000000000 tuneup and that she drive to Folsom to get it.

Good for you. :banana:

Taco Bell $5.35 an hour

I presume then that you suggested that Curly have the $1000000000000000 tuneup and that she drive to Folsom to get it.

Good for you. :unsure:

Yep :banana:

Actually, all that is "required" for her is an oil change and tire rotation..Dealer gets $250.00 to do the 15k "service". :clap:

Yep :thumbsup:

Actually, all that is "required" for her is an oil change and tire rotation..Dealer gets $250.00 to do the 15k "service". :lol:

Yeah, my car has all kinda recommended regular services that are $250, $500, etc. Fock that. Although, I suck at getting my tires rotated, and just had to get 4 new ones well before I should have (Discount Tire, sorry :( ). I plan to be better in the future.

Also, you had the email rap going, hope you talked about more than oil changes.

Yeah, my car has all kinda recommended regular services that are $250, $500, etc. Fock that. Although, I suck at getting my tires rotated, and just had to get 4 new ones well before I should have (Discount Tire, sorry :thumbsup: ). I plan to be better in the future.

Also, you had the email rap going, hope you talked about more than oil changes.

Nothing wrong with discount tire..They just don't do any services besides tires. (around here anyway)

All I know about tires anymore is that: They are black, round, and sometimes hold air..

Yea, I know...I'm now a racist.. :lol:

Nothing wrong with discount tire..They just don't do any services besides tires. (around here anyway)

All I know about tires anymore is that: They are black, round, and sometimes hold air..

Yea, I know...I'm now a racist.. :thumbsup:

I think the ones here only do tires too.

Any you are not only a racist, but you are a fattist and a fartist. You should feel deeply ashamed.

Architecture firm - Decent money, I live ok for a 25 year old.. And I'm not Art Vandelay!

Contractor - I got sick of architects. :thumbsup:

Yeah, you and every other contractor on the planet! :thumbsup:

That's why I do design-build - to cut you out of the picture! :lol:

That's why I do design-build - to cut you out of the picture! :thumbsup:

Design-build goes either way, it can also cut YOU out of the picture.

This is the sweetest design build firm in Denver right now. I would love to work for them one day.

We mostly do higher education and civic type projects (highschools, student housing, education buildings, etc..)

Public money for the most part, so you can only imagine all the hoops we jump through with everyone. It's all just being chalked up as experience for now, I'm not sure where I'll go with it.

Surf shop owner.

My job is cooler than yours.

I do ok.

:mellow:

Manager of a busy surgeon's office, who sometimes also puts on the occupational and physical therapy hat for patients as well as provide a warm and fuzzy atmosphere for patients who are askeered of surgery.

How much do I make? Never enough! :huh: