Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

LenDale White has torn hamstring.....

(KFFL) Mike Klis, of the Denver Post, reports USC RB LenDale White (hamstring) underwent an MRI on his right hamstring that showed he has a moderate tear near the pelvic region, according to Dr. Randall Eldridge, a Denver chiropractor renowned for his treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. The hamstring tear will sideline White until mid-May, which means White will not have a personal workout prior to the April 29 NFL Draft and may not be ready for the minicamp of the NFL team that selects him. "He should recover fine," Dr. Eldridge said. "He just needs time to heal. But I could see where he would have been in considerable pain had he tried to run." White hopes the tear found in his hamstring will ease NFL executive concerns about his work ethic. The extent of the potential damage to his draft value, however, won't be known until April 29

Stinks for him......

Stinks for him......

I don't think it's hurts his value much, if any. At least now he has a doctor verifying he had a legitimate reason not to run at the combine. It gets him out of his personal workout too. If he performed poorly there, his value would have dropped. If he did well it would have gone up. By not doing anything his value kind of stays the same and maybe goes up a bit. A team might reach on him now that would have passed on him before if he had a poor personal workout.

Hammy injuries are never good. Along with the high ankle sprain, they're one of the most frustrating injuries. Players tend to be healthy enough to play, but too hurt to be very effective.

I don't think it's hurts his value much, if any. At least now he has a doctor verifying he had a legitimate reason not to run at the combine. It gets him out of his personal workout too. If he performed poorly there, his value would have dropped. If he did well it would have gone up. By not doing anything his value kind of stays the same and maybe goes up a bit. A team might reach on him now that would have passed on him before if he had a poor personal workout.

I was thinking about that, too. I think the injury will actually hurt his stock a bit, but you raise a valid alternative view of the situation.......

At least now he has a doctor verifying he had a legitimate reason not to run at the combine. It gets him out of his personal workout too.

You think a partially torn hamstring explains how he was barely able to bench press more than the punter?

If I am an NFL exec, I need more than a "renowned chiropractor" to explain how he ballooned to 244 lbs. I'd be taking witness statements from the clerks at FatBurger off Marlton Ave.

I think the question I'd like to know the answer to is when White tore the hammy. If it happened during the season, it would explain a lot of things I saw on film where he seemed to go down easily when wrapped up on waist or leg tackles.

Goodbye 1st round. How far does he fall?

I don't see him making past the Steelers in the first round

I guess it makes sense in replacing Bettis. But Pittsburgh might be able to grab him at the end of the 2nd. Injuries can very well make a guy free fall for many, many rounds. And hammies can linger.

I guess it makes sense in replacing Bettis. But Pittsburgh might be able to grab him at the end of the 2nd. Injuries can very well make a guy free fall for many, many rounds. And hammies can linger.

Ehhhhhh. No.

If people draft white QBs to be WRs in the first round, then an elite college RB whose size translates well into the NFL, won't fall "rounds". He won't even fall 1 round.

Denver, Colts, Panthers, Pitt, Philly, Vikings, Pats, Jags won't all pass on this guy. Not to mention someone trading up if he gets in the 25-30 range. WAY too much talent. You've got CBs who didn't even play last year going in the first round. 5'9 scat backs. Vanderbilt QBs.

It just takes one team to fall in love with the White in film. The White is real might be a little fatter, but you can't argue his talent and performances on the biggest stages.

Ehhhhhh. No.

If people draft white QBs to be WRs in the first round, then an elite college RB whose size translates well into the NFL, won't fall "rounds". He won't even fall 1 round.

Denver, Colts, Panthers, Pitt, Philly, Vikings, Pats, Jags won't all pass on this guy. Not to mention someone trading up if he gets in the 25-30 range. WAY too much talent. You've got CBs who didn't even play last year going in the first round. 5'9 scat backs. Vanderbilt QBs.

It just takes one team to fall in love with the White in film. The White is real might be a little fatter, but you can't argue his talent and performances on the biggest stages.

We will see.

You think a partially torn hamstring explains how he was barely able to bench press more than the punter?

If I am an NFL exec, I need more than a "renowned chiropractor" to explain how he ballooned to 244 lbs. I'd be taking witness statements from the clerks at FatBurger off Marlton Ave.

He weighed 256 at the Rose Bowl. So, he's lost 12 pounds since a performance that turned a lot of heads. No ballooning. He was 238 at the combine, where he pulled the hamstring, so he's gained 6 pounds since.

He will not fall past the 1st round. As others have stated, Pitt will be all over him with their 1st rounder if he slips that far.

Steelers drafted Heath Miller even though he was fresh off a sports hernia injury.

It is early and the STeelers would not be drafting him to be a starter or even much of a contributor unless (or when) Staley goes down.

I am just looking at his production in college and I think the explanation of his weight gain could be cause he can't do any arobic workouts with a bad hammy.

Nobody is going to invest first round money on a guy they don't have a close up look at./

Too much risk.

Steelers are likely too wise for that.

This guy is a 2nd rounder IMO

Nobody is going to invest first round money on a guy they don't have a close up look at./

Too much risk.

It's fairly common knowledge that a player's grade comes 90% from his play, from the film. This post-season stuff is worth about 10%. It's used to organize tiers. The medical and psyche stuff is more important than the bench press and 40. The scouts are all over athletic departments for years. They already know who is strong and who is fast.

The physical measureables get blown up by the media, but rarely to they have the affect on the draft most think. People were predicting Kudla would break the bench press record, Vernon Davis would have one of the best workouts ever, and Manny Lawson was a freak many months ago. The media just doesn't pay that close attention. Then when the numbers are announced they start the hype and readers think the hype means more than it really does.

Has White slipped in his tier (with DeAngelo and Maroney)? Perhaps, even probably. Further? Nah. He was never a certain RB2,3, or 4 (just one of the three). He still probably is one of those three.

I broke out some tape last night, and I see a very talented running back.

:doublethumbsup:

It's fairly common knowledge that a player's grade comes 90% from his play, from the film. This post-season stuff is worth about 10%.

See McGahee, Willis.

Too much risk.

Close up look? This guy has been scouted for 3 years!

Look at the film. You know where they play real games? You hear all this combine/workout BS every year. Remember how Suggs was phat and slow? Too slow to catch QBs? 12 sacks later, WOOOPS. If you're an elite talent, you're an elite talent.

Don't you think all the teams in the second 1/2 half of the draft are loving this "White dropping like a rock" stuff. Ravens ate it up when Suggs fell.

Like I said in another thread, if the draft was 7 weeks ago, White is a top 6-7 pick. 26 TDs? Come on dawg. Did you see the Rose Bowl? Even phat White kicked ass. Teams have been drooling over White for 2 years.

The end result of all this? He loses some money, and a better team jumps all over him. Trust me if he hits 25-26, you're going to see 3-4 teams trying to trade up to get him (like Philly, Jets, SF). And watch out if Denver drafts him, he'll get 15 TDs this year. =)

:doublethumbsup:

See McGahee, Willis.

Wow. Great point. Willis could barely run.

Elite college RB, hurt or healthy. People will gamble on that. He's a top 10 talent, he'll go in 1st round.

Again, great post.

Think I saw somewhere that he has never been timed in the 40. Then he can't run at the combine. Then he can't run at his Pro Day and bench presses FEWER times than the punter (correct me if I am wrong on the bench press thing but, that's what I remember and I'm way to lazy to look it up). But all of the above plus the weight/bad body issue would scare me as a GM.

By the way, I do not believe he has never been timed. He's just slow and he doesn't want to advertise it.

I think he drops to the end of 1st and will be a bust.

He already is a big bust, a very big bust from what I hear. DDD cup bust.

and man boobs.

If he's out of shape enough to have man boobs - how can his legs be in condition to run in the NFL? Only the o-linemen and d-linemen are aloud to have man boobs. How could he not be motivated to get in shape :wall: .

Think I saw somewhere that he has never been timed in the 40. Then he can't run at the combine. Then he can't run at his Pro Day and bench presses FEWER times than the punter (correct me if I am wrong on the bench press thing but, that's what I remember and I'm way to lazy to look it up). But all of the above plus the weight/bad body issue would scare me as a GM.

By the way, I do not believe he has never been timed. He's just slow and he doesn't want to advertise it.

He beat the punter by one rep, so you're wrong! :wall:

I don't know if he's ever been timed. I don't really care about that. Here's a couple TD runs to consider. One for 46 and one for 32. That's 78 yards of sprinting away from little DBs. They weren't straight line runs, so they're kind of like watching two 40s. He's pretty fast for his size. Yes, I watched them both a few times. He has a nice burst. He gets up to speed very quickly, and he has pretty surprising longspeed. Nothing to get excited about. He's mostly a quick footed power back with great vision. The burst gets him into the secondary and he's tough to catch. As fast as Alexander, I would guess.

All that said, you may be right. I don't know. But the character concerns have also been long known, and now they're being exposed. They could be very serious concerns, toofunny. Seriously. He is very immature. He did have a reputation for being a lazy in the weightroom. He did have a reputation for hanging out with a less than ideal group of friends. Much of this is being validated and there is cause for concern.

Close up look? This guy has been scouted for 3 years!

Look at the film. You know where they play real games? You hear all this combine/workout BS every year. Remember how Suggs was phat and slow? Too slow to catch QBs? 12 sacks later, WOOOPS. If you're an elite talent, you're an elite talent.

Don't you think all the teams in the second 1/2 half of the draft are loving this "White dropping like a rock" stuff. Ravens ate it up when Suggs fell.

Like I said in another thread, if the draft was 7 weeks ago, White is a top 6-7 pick. 26 TDs? Come on dawg. Did you see the Rose Bowl? Even phat White kicked ass. Teams have been drooling over White for 2 years.

The end result of all this? He loses some money, and a better team jumps all over him. Trust me if he hits 25-26, you're going to see 3-4 teams trying to trade up to get him (like Philly, Jets, SF). And watch out if Denver drafts him, he'll get 15 TDs this year. =)

Wow. Great point. Willis could barely run.

Elite college RB, hurt or healthy. People will gamble on that. He's a top 10 talent, he'll go in 1st round.

Again, great post.

The guy was suspect before the injury.

Willis Macgahee was a dominator at Miami and was likley going to #1 overall before his injury.

White brings serious Questions about his speed/quickness.

Those did not exist with WM.

And beyond WM, you'd be hard pressed to find a gimp that was a first rounder.

When i meant close up...i meant running in person...with his shirt off.

Why would he try to cover up the injury. I think trying to hide it makes his stock drop more. It shows he is self centered. It shows GMs that it's all about him. He'll be the person to hold out because he is not happy with his contract.

The hamstring tear up in the pelvic region is more serious than an normal tear. It could very well linger with him for a while into next seaon. When a team pays millions for a 1st rounder, they want the safest pick and those top players have the same amount of skill.

Why would he try to cover up the injury. I think trying to hide it makes his stock drop more. It shows he is self centered. It shows GMs that it's all about him. He'll be the person to hold out because he is not happy with his contract.

The hamstring tear up in the pelvic region is more serious than an normal tear. It could very well linger with him for a while into next seaon. When a team pays millions for a 1st rounder, they want the safest pick and those top players have the same amount of skill.

All the reported stories put together in an equation don't add up to any coherent conclusion. I think we're witnessing damaging damage control.

All the reported stories put together in an equation don't add up to any coherent conclusion. I think we're witnessing damaging damage control.

Gil "Zap" Grisham@#!

Cue The Who and shots of Vegas

All this means is that he'll definetly be on the board when the Colts pick at 30. So you can bet your lunch money that Polian will without a doubt... choose another tight end.

:headbanger:

All this means is that he'll definetly be on the board when the Colts pick at 30. So you can bet your lunch money that Polian will without a doubt... choose another tight end.

:headbanger:

White is nothing like what Indy would look for in a RB...AT ALL.

It's fairly common knowledge that a player's grade comes 90% from his play, from the film. This post-season stuff is worth about 10%. It's used to organize tiers. The medical and psyche stuff is more important than the bench press and 40. The scouts are all over athletic departments for years. They already know who is strong and who is fast.

The physical measureables get blown up by the media, but rarely to they have the affect on the draft most think. People were predicting Kudla would break the bench press record, Vernon Davis would have one of the best workouts ever, and Manny Lawson was a freak many months ago. The media just doesn't pay that close attention. Then when the numbers are announced they start the hype and readers think the hype means more than it really does.

Has White slipped in his tier (with DeAngelo and Maroney)? Perhaps, even probably. Further? Nah. He was never a certain RB2,3, or 4 (just one of the three). He still probably is one of those three.

I broke out some tape last night, and I see a very talented running back.

Partly true, and likely true here. The injury will probably cost him any chance of the 10 to 20 slots. The Pats at 21 is possible still.

Generally, the big impact of the post season workouts is to get a team to reevaluate tape. The other big impact is with players who have little usable tape. A decade ago Eric Swann moved from undrafted to 1st round because of the workouts.

J

Willis Macgahee was a dominator at Miami and was likley going to #1 overall before his injury.

#2 was certainly possible, but Palmer was definately going #1.

White is nothing like what Indy would look for in a RB...AT ALL.

Why not. He's an excellent receiver out of the backfield, though the Trojans didnt ask that of him much.

J

Why not. He's an excellent receiver out of the backfield, though the Trojans didnt ask that of him much.

J

Indy just isn't patient enough for the 3-4 yards in a cloud of dust like White is most likely going to be. And how often did he play on passing downs/3rd downs, cause with Indy's no huddle, their RB has to be on the field basically series at a time.

If he's out of shape enough to have man boobs - how can his legs be in condition to run in the NFL? Only the o-linemen and d-linemen are aloud to have man boobs. How could he not be motivated to get in shape :headbanger: .

perhaps he was motivated, but every time he tried to run his man boobs flopped and flapped around and discouraged him.

I think he needs to find George Castanza, so he might be able to acquire a manziere - a "bro" if you will. :rolleyes:

perhaps he was motivated, but every time he tried to run his man boobs flopped and flapped around and discouraged him.

I think he needs to find George Castanza, so he might be able to acquire a manziere - a "bro" if you will. :thumbsup:

Don't over sized breast give women back trouble?

Maybe man boobs give hammy aches cause your not supposed to have them!

He weighed 256 at the Rose Bowl. So, he's lost 12 pounds since a performance that turned a lot of heads. No ballooning. He was 238 at the combine, where he pulled the hamstring, so he's gained 6 pounds since.

At his age I wouldn't think his weight should fluctuate that much unless he has a weight problem.

The partially torn hamstring itself isn't what potentially will cost him a first round pick, it is the questions about his dedication and effort to being an elite athlete. His entire approach to the critical off-season evaluation period has been unimpressive. There is no question that some team could easily completely ignore this and pick him purely on upside, but he is no longer a lock to go in the first round.