Sign in to follow this  
TIKI-BARBERS-BARBER

Why Won't The Colts Trade For

Interesting thought, if the Texans do draft Bush they might be able to good a good player or high draft pick from the Colts for Davis. With Davis playing for the Colts I don't believe they would miss a beat. I know everyone says they are going to draft a rookie running back but sometimes they don't work out for a couple of years. :first:

Why won't the Texans trade down and get OL help?

I agree and think they should keep Dom and trade down for OL help which is there biggest need but they have a big hard on for Bush.

Houston wouldn't trade Davis - thats why. Who would/could the Colts give up to get Davis? They couldn't handle Davis recent extension in terms of $$$.

Pipe dream only.

Now if you said the Colts should grab Lee Suggs; thats more like it :first:

*Easily obtainable

** Capable of producing (if healthy)

*** Would come on the cheap

Houston wouldn't trade Davis - thats why. Who would/could the Colts give up to get Davis? They couldn't handle Davis recent extension in terms of $$$.

Pipe dream only.

Now if you said the Colts should grab Lee Suggs; thats more like it :first:

*Easily obtainable

How about Tatum Bell ?

There are a lot of backups in the NFL that would probably do well for the Colts. The Colts probably make any RB better than he is simply based on their offense.

Good lists so far. How about these...

1. Chicago's Thomas Jones or Cedric Benson. One should be on the block.

2. SF's Barlow or Gore.

3. Ten's Henry or C.Brown.

4. Cin's Chris Perry.

With all that Said. Polian has been able to master past drafts for talent. He'll probably just get a back in the draft.

How about Tatum Bell ?

Denver is always willing to trade a RB... but not sure if Bell is a good "blocker"; which is needed when your QB is named Peyton.

With all that Said. Polian has been able to master past drafts for talent. He'll probably just get a back in the draft.

The Colts will get a RB in the draft who is cheaper than all of the guys mentioned so far (except maybe Gore), and almost as effective or possibly more effective than any of them.

As for Benson, no way can the Bears even consider trading him, it would be a huge cap hit on his pro-rated signing bonus.

There are a lot of backups in the NFL that would probably do well for the Colts. The Colts probably make any RB better than he is simply based on their offense.

Good lists so far. How about these...

1. Chicago's Thomas Jones or Cedric Benson. One should be on the block.

2. SF's Barlow or Gore.

3. Ten's Henry or C.Brown.

4. Cin's Chris Perry.

Thomas Jones or Chris Perry would be a good fit.

I actualy thought Michael Bennett woiuld have been a good fit.

it will be RBBC.. so I expect Dallas Clark to get more Red Zone TDs

I actualy thought Michael Bennett woiuld have been a good fit.

it will be RBBC.. so I expect Dallas Clark to get more Red Zone TDs

Except that I don't think Bennett has ever tried to block anyone and the RB has to be a good pass blocker in that O.

Fred Taylor wants out of Jacksonville.

Ricky Williams if he's not suspended.

Are two other backs that might be something to check into.

Both have too many miles on them for the Colts to be interested.

The Colts will get a RB in the draft who is cheaper than all of the guys mentioned so far (except maybe Gore), and almost as effective or possibly more effective than any of them.

As for Benson, no way can the Bears even consider trading him, it would be a huge cap hit on his pro-rated signing bonus.

why would they even want to???....when they just drafted him last year in the top 5???

why would they even want to???....when they just drafted him last year in the top 5???

They wouldn't.

I agree and think they should keep Dom and trade down for OL help which is there biggest need but they have a big hard on for Bush.

:wacko:

Domanick Davis? If they got him they wouldn't miss a beat in that offense without Edge.

I wouldn't think the Texans would trade Davis to a team within their own division, especially the Colts, without trying to drive up the asking price.

I wouldn't think the Texans would trade Davis to a team within their own division, especially the Colts, without trying to drive up the asking price.

I agree on the division thing - never help your enemy out period. That is of course unless your the Eagles! Let's send the best Wr in the Nfl to the team we hate 2nd most (da boys followed closely behind da redskins)!

I agree on the division thing - never help your enemy out period.

Unless you can get a Herschel Walker type deal.

Unless you can get a Herschel Walker type deal.

dam 49ers man - you quoted me before I could even finish my quick edit!

dam 49ers man - you quoted me before I could even finish my quick edit!

If you're Indy at no. 30, do you take Joseph Addai assuming the big 4 will be gone or do you go a different route? I think Addai is a good all around RB who can pick up the blitz and is a good receiver out of the backfield.

They would still miss a beat, because James is a great blocker and picks up the blitz better than most backs.

I think the Colts would be best served by getting a back with some NFL experience over a rookie. I say this because their window will be closing. The offensive line has declined a bit the past two years, Marvins already one of the leagues elder WR's and the money's starting to thin out as their defensive players need to get paid.

The most glaring weakness with a rookie RB is also among the greatest strengths Edge provided in his knowledge and ability to pick up blitzes and be on the right page with their offensive scheme.

Fred Taylor wants out of Jacksonville.

Ricky Williams if he's not suspended.

Are two other backs that might be something to check into.

Where are you getting that Taylor wants out?

Only thing I have heard is that he'd like to finish his career there but realisticly realizes that the Jags are considering aquiring someone younger which means they might not keep him around much longer. So I dont think its that Taylor wants out, I think its that the Jags could draft a back and then decide to release Taylor.

Pipe dream only.

Now if you said the Colts should grab Lee Suggs; thats more like it :ninja:

*Easily obtainable

Like the blooming of the flowers or the swallows return to Capistrano, the first sighting of Portis26's unconditional love for Lee Suggs signals the beginning of spring.

Where are you getting that Taylor wants out?

Only thing I have heard is that he'd like to finish his career there but realisticly realizes that the Jags are considering aquiring someone younger which means they might not keep him around much longer. So I dont think its that Taylor wants out, I think its that the Jags could draft a back and then decide to release Taylor.

There was an article the other day saying that Fred doesn't trust the Jaguars and feels he may not be the starter so he would like to go where he is appreciated. If you check Mastermind or KFFL the last couple of days you should be able to find it.

Whys everyone think Rhodes is such a bum?A ok back can put up good numbers on a great passing off.Which they have the best.The colts may draft a back but I see rhodes having a good year.The year James got hurt Rhodes had a good year.Finished up damn good..Ind wont trade for a back,look for them to draft one a little late in the draft.

Whys everyone think Rhodes is such a bum?A ok back can put up good numbers on a great passing off.Which they have the best.The colts may draft a back but I see rhodes having a good year.The year James got hurt Rhodes had a good year.Finished up damn good..Ind wont trade for a back,look for them to draft one a little late in the draft.

Cause that was 5 years ago, he's been hurt all the time in a backup role ever since, because no other teams showed any interest in him, because he's had a little over 100 carries in the 4 years since, and because he looked like a turd last year.

as much as Manning is a glory hound who loves to call his own number all the time, i think he's just going to take over the RB duties himself. That way he can get partial credit for every TD...

as much as Manning is a glory hound who loves to call his own number all the time, i think he's just going to take over the RB duties himself. That way he can get partial credit for every TD...

... moving along... Rhodes and Mungro are and will always be quality backups, but there's an argument to be made that their experience in the system would suit them better than any incoming rookie. In all likelyhood, Polian has one or two obscure runners in minda that he knows he can get on the cheap in the 2-5 rounds, so unless someone ridiculous falls into their lap at 30, they'll take the best player available, regardless of the position.

Just my opinion.

From KFFL

Colts | Polian addresses running back situation

Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:37:25 -0700

John Oehser, of Colts.com, reports Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian said picking a running back in the NFL Draft is probably necessary. "Do we need another one? Probably. Is it going to come in the first round? I don't know. There are players down below that we like probably as much as the guys we like in the first round." The Colts president said he "fully expects whoever comes in to play and play well." Polian also said he believes RB Dominic Rhodes will be able to gain 1,000 to 1,200 yards when he plays full-time, "That's why we re-signed him."

There was an article the other day saying that Fred doesn't trust the Jaguars and feels he may not be the starter so he would like to go where he is appreciated. If you check Mastermind or KFFL the last couple of days you should be able to find it.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, it would have been from this week.

Cause that was 5 years ago, he's been hurt all the time in a backup role ever since, because no other teams showed any interest in him, because he's had a little over 100 carries in the 4 years since, and because he looked like a turd last year.

Yeah, Rhodes has not shown much lately and doubt he'd be the long term answer at this point.

It does look like there is some slight turmoil in Jacksonville.

KFFL...

Jaguars | F. Taylor ready to move on if necessary

Thu, 13 Apr 2006 06:31:02 -0700

Bart Hubbuch, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor expects to be back with the team in 2006, but he's ready to move on if necessary. "There are 31 other teams in this league, and I'm good enough to play for somebody," Taylor said this week. "I'm going to do what I need to do to take care of myself, and they're going to do what they have to do to take care of the organization. It's a business. If somebody were to fall into free agency that was better than me, they would snatch him up in a heartbeat, and I would be on the street. I would love to end my career here, but I know how it goes. Emmitt (Smith) wanted to end his career in Dallas, but it doesn't always work out. What someone says can be a lot of hot air, so I'm going to take care of Fred first." Taylor was referring to comments by Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver and head coach Jack Del Rio since the end of last season that indicated Taylor would be welcomed back. As previously reported, Taylor has decided to workout on his own and that move was greeted coolly by Del Rio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaguars | F. Taylor to workout on his own this year

Tue, 11 Apr 2006 06:26:48 -0700

Bart Hubbuch, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor attended the start of the team's offseason conditioning program Monday, April 10, but did not take part and said he doesn't plan to participate in the program this year. Taylor has decided to do specialized workouts with a private company near his offseason home in Davie, Florida. "I worked out with the team for eight years, and it might sound a little selfish, but now it's time for Fred to take care of Fred," said Taylor, who looks noticeably slimmer at about 225 pounds.

I doubt they'll cut him though.

I just don't see Fragile Freddy in Indy. Indy does not have a lot of cap space and given his injury history, a long term deal is not feasible. Therefore, the only way he goes there is if he wants a ring more than $. This means a 1 year deal at a very reasonable price. Not a knock on FF, but today it all seems about 1 more big paycheck........

BTW, I think it would be a great fit and maybe a SB. James looked more than a step slower and less quick to me last year.

JMHO.

OK this just may be stoopid but William Green could be had for cheap and if he has polished the turd off of him as I suspect, he might could work well in that offense. Let Lee Suggs keep his current job.

I agree on the division thing - never help your enemy out period. That is of course unless your the Eagles! Let's send the best Wr in the Nfl to the team we hate 2nd most (da boys followed closely behind da redskins)!

TO was a free agent who could sign with any team he liked. I highly doubt Philly would've traded him to the Boys.