Sign in to follow this  
Clash of the Titans

*** hot juicy rumors about trades around the league ***

all courtesy of titanscentral.net

1- javon walker to denver for picks 37/68/119.....green bay is apparently looking to reload on defense...gb wants a one............but even they know no one is giving that up for a guy coming off an acl

2- from someone who knows someone who knows a Denver beat writer.............says Texans want DRobertson from the Jets for DDavis...............further proof that Bush is the guy..............and Denver is also wanting Dewayne robertson for Lelie and a 4th.....................

3- for the titans if matt lionheart is around at 3...rumor is davis considering dealing pick #7 and jerry porter and possibly some draft picks ( 2 & 4 mentioned as candidates ) for the titans #3 in order to snare lionheart so the titans/jets don't

Robertson was a top five pick for the Jets....has he fallen out of favor with the team or something??

Robertson was a top five pick for the Jets....has he fallen out of favor with the team or something??

I've seen a few reports saying that he has indeed fallen out of favor. However, I think its too early to give up on him at this point. He's been around what, two seasons?

First off, long time since I've been on the board. Glad to see things up and running.

I can see No. 1 and 2 possibly going down, but No. 3 is a hard sell. Reason being that the Titans all but have come out and said they want a QB in this draft. Now, they could make the move and grab Jay Cutler for sure at No. 7. Shoot, they might get Vince Young there, as well. But unless they would be willing to make the deal, grab Cutler (for sure) and get the picks and Porter, I don't see them trading down.

They might grab Young at No. 3, who knows. But that's why the draft is so much fun when something unexpected could happen.

Coincidently, Robertson is the guy the Bears would have taken that year if they didnt trade down for Haynes and grossman. They also would not have drafted Tommie Harris if they had DR.

Also just want to say...... Is it me or does it seem like there are more rumors this year than previous years? Should make for an interesting draft.

i can't see walker fetching all three of those picks...maybe the 37th by itself on a good day, most likely the middle one.

Also just want to say...... Is it me or does it seem like there are more rumors this year than previous years? Should make for an interesting draft.

millen said today at the lions presser there has been a lot more pre-draft phone chatter among front office-types than any other draft he's been involved in. that doesn't prove anything...just saying.

Coincidently, Robertson is the guy the Bears would have taken that year if they didnt trade down for Haynes and grossman. They also would not have drafted Tommie Harris if they had DR.

the thing i heard on robertson is that he doesn't fit the defense of the new regime. i forget whether the jets are going from a 4-3 to a 3-4...but either way robertson supposedly fits the "old" defense of herm more so than the new one.

all courtesy of titanscentral.net

2- from someone who knows someone who knows a Denver beat writer.............says Texans want DRobertson from the Jets for DDavis...............further proof that Bush is the guy..............

This one popped up on the Texans message boards yesterday. Maybe some validity to it...

Oh, and I really dig that deal for Houston.

I heard from a friend in the organization that the Broncos are wanting to move up in the draft to grab Vernon Davis, the player they really, really covet.

i can't see walker fetching all three of those picks...maybe the 37th by itself on a good day, most likely the middle one.

millen said today at the lions presser there has been a lot more pre-draft phone chatter among front office-types than any other draft he's been involved in. that doesn't prove anything...just saying.

the thing i heard on robertson is that he doesn't fit the defense of the new regime. i forget whether the jets are going from a 4-3 to a 3-4...but either way robertson supposedly fits the "old" defense of herm more so than the new one.

Jerry Angelo said the same thing a few days back, that he has had tons of phone calls from people wanting to trade to the Bears 26th spot (many from the later 1st round or early 2nd round)....should make for some excitement the next few days all the way into Sat.

I've seen that Jerry Porter may be on the block.

As a Raider fan, I friggin hope there's nothing to those rumors. They just signed him to a big 5-year deal last year, it would be stupid to trade him now. They'd still have 80% of his signing bonus to count against their cap.

Robertson has played very well for the Jets so i dont know why they would want to dump him, they just signed van Oelhoffen which may be one reason...

i think there was talk about them moving to a 3-4 and they may not feel he is suited for it although he is actually a bit bigger than Kimo, so im not really sure on that

i have heard nothing about trading him though

I have seen the The trade rumor regarding DD for Robertson on a Jets message board. I think I read that Robertson has a degenerative knee condition. Also after showing some nice potential in his 2nd season, last season was a dissapointment. It looked to me that he really missed J.Ferguson there in the middle with him. I also don't think he is the best guy at nose in a 3-4. He just seems a little undersized for that, but I don't think the Jets will be playing either a 4-3, or 3-4 exclusively. From about the 30 responses I read on the Jets board, I'd say the consensus is that the Jet fans would be all for it. The Jets really don't have much of anything for depth at DT, so I am not sure if it would be a good move for them. I still think Curtis Martin has another decent season in him, with Houston being used much the same way L.Jordan was in his last year with the Jets

As a Raider fan, I friggin hope there's nothing to those rumors. They just signed him to a big 5-year deal last year, it would be stupid to trade him now. They'd still have 80% of his signing bonus to count against their cap.

I saw this in a possible deal to move up in the draft. Something like Porter and the #7 with the Jets or something.

Lots of rumors out there.

Lelie, Stallworth, Porter, Walker, etc etc.

Porter is flat out untradable to the Raiders:

Contract Details

Porter agreed to a multi-year deal in February 2005, keeping him from testing the free agency market. Porter's cap-friendly contract calls for him to earn $1 million in base salary each of the next three seasons, a source in the Raiders front office told the Contra Costa Times. That figure jumps to $5.2 million in 2008 and $6.4 million in '09, years that are voidable and thus non-applicable. However, he nonetheless earned himself at least $10 million in guaranteed money because of his size and sheer athleticism.

So it would be $3m this year to keep him or $8m to trade him. The incremental $5m in cap hit would make the draft picks unsignable. Won't happen - can't happen.