Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

NFL Draft Weekend Team Thread: New York Giants

at 25 - I think they take a RB - as the air apparent to Tiki...

Williams or Moaroney are better value then any WR -

air, or heir? Don't worry, they won't...

air, or heir? Don't worry, they won't...

tomato

tomato

potato

potato

Thank God I'm not in English Lit Class; cause I would have gotten a red circle around that word... shame on me.

tomato

tomato

potato

potato

Thank God I'm not in English Lit Class; cause I would have gotten a red circle around that word... shame on me.

Lighten up Clinton...just poking a bit of fun your way. Geez, with no first round pick today, you are going to be bored, aren't ya? :rolleyes:

Unless Chad Jackson slips to us for some reason, I don't think we should go WR or running back (although I have a funny feeling we might take Moss). If we keep the pick, I think we should still go defense with it. I think we'll likely go LB still. Our depth chart still isn't too strong there. Another option is CB. There is also a chance we trade down for more picks also.

Giants: Tiki is all for picking an RB

BY MIKE GARAFOLO ~ Star-Ledger Staff

NEW YORK -- Tiki Barber is well aware of the business side of the NFL, the strategy behind the draft and his impending decline. That's why yesterday, when asked about the possibility of the Giants drafting running back Laurence Maroney to be his successor, the 31-year-old Barber immediately nodded and flashed that million-dollar smile.

http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/index.ssf?...0940.xml&coll=1

I am calling it right now, the Giants will hit a homerun in the 2nd with this pick. :mad:

I'd rather they score a Touchdown with it.. seriously though, did you sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night or something.. wanna elaborate?

-v

From Espn.com:

Steelers-Giants

Steelers get: 25th pick in 2006 draft (selected WR Santonio Holmes).

Giants get: 32nd pick in 1st round, 32nd in the 3rd round (96 overall) and 32nd in the 4th round (129th overall).

Not a bad haul for moving down 7 spots.. the 2nd round pick would've been better.

-v

WTF? Why would you take a DE when you have 2 pro bowlers and a guy like Tuck waiting in the wings?

He was their best player available? Strahan is going to be a cap casualty in 2007.

I would have rather seen them take Chad JAckson to be groomed to replace Amani Toomer than have Mathais drafted to replace Strahan. I dunno... :banana:

im sending them my fantasy football drafting resume

they could have got him at 56 (id still had been pissed though)

I was unhappy at first because I feel like the Giants are 1 good Safty, DT or LB away from having an awesome defense.

But from what I am reading ...This guy has good size, All-Pro talent and the opporunity to learn from Strahan and Osi. They should have solid DE for Years

The Giants did what other teams fail to do . . . take the best player available on their board. With injuries and the salary cap, a position that is a strength can quickly become a weakness.

Adding Moss was nice. He can play WR and return kicks. Good move EA.

Anyone know how he compares to Santana when he came out.

Good job so far - they traded down (enabling them to trade up for Moss) and got a player that might have been, by a good margin, the best player/talent on the board.

While not a need, now that postion (one of the most important) won't be a need for years to come. Id have prefered to get someone to replace Pettigout, but maybe Justice had more issues than we are aware of.

Moss will be GREAT in this offense. I dont like WRs picked high by and large, but he has exactly what an already good offense doesnt have at all. A VERY quick, VERY shifty receiver.

I understand they will try to run screens to Moss with the other WRs (big guys) blocking, ala Steve Smith or Santana Moss. LOVE that. Plus, with the trees running seems and outs, there should be a lot of open space to get Moss some running room in general.

Eli must be LOVING that pick - which makes it all the better in the grand scheme of things.

I was a little upset that we didn't get Jackson, but I think EA is honest when he says Moss was the highest ranked WR they had on the board, and that's why they traded up in the 2nd round. Perhaps it's also why they made the trade with Pittsburgh ... to set up that move, if they felt he wouldn't fall. I think he might have ... but I like the call. 2 solid picks. I was hoping they would take a top notch WR today. Very happy, overall.

Dunno if I'd call Toomer a "Tree" ... he was supposed to be a hands guy ... until he started dropping a lot of passes. But with Shockey and Tiki ... and Jacobs who has turned into a decent blocker, and Eli chuckin' ... I dunno how you can cover all that. :sleep: Because Toomer does have good hands ... when he's open.

Yeah ... it could all work together real nice .... if all goes as planned.

And don't forget ... at one time the NYG defense was centered around Cornelius Griffin.

:thumbsup: