Sign in to follow this  
OB1

Rounds 5-8 Discussion

Goddammit Wilzone.

Just so you know, that's who I would have taken at 5.10, so this trade has worked out wonderfully for me so far.

:shocking:

Anyway, form 94-96 I think I spent as much time at UVA as I did at Rutgers

We almost overlapped - I was there 1987-1991 and 1997-2000.

Thank god you're still with the GTG chick. She's smoking.

Thanks, she is pretty great! :shocking:

Nice pick with Williams. :shocking:

Wilzone's team looks like it's going to be a force in a few years.

Sorry for the holdup. I was marooned away from all communication because a bridge was out (literally) up in New Hampshire. I'll pick in a few.

I guess the temptation of drafting Woods 6 rounds from now is out of my system. :thumbsup:

I missed out on the young RB without starting job run earlier, so I grabbed one now.

Jones is a friggin tank, and if not for his knee injury he might have been a first rounder this year. Del Rio is raving about him, and says he will use him much like the Bucs use Alstott. Can you say goaline carries? :thumbsup:

Also, with Freddie T due to be an UFA, don't be surprised if Jones is the starting RB next year in JAX, or later this year if Freddy T gets hurt.

Also, with Freddie T due to be an UFA, don't be surprised if Jones is the starting RB next year in JAX, or later this year if Freddy T gets hurt.

I KNOW. I have him in the CHIMI. He roxor!! :hyper: :thumbsup:

By the way, I hope no one minds that I insist upon cluttering our discussion threads with my inanity and/or drunken rages.

:thumbsup:

OB1, I had your draft pegged as my favorite one so far, but I just don't care for the Jones pick. Seemed a little early for a backup RB and I think your team is a player away from winning now. I just would've gone with someone who can benefit your team now without having to wait for an injury.

Just my .02 cents.

--

btw, if its not cool for me to post in here, just let me know and I'll vanish with my opinions. :ph34r:

OB1, I had your draft pegged as my favorite one so far, but I just don't care for the Jones pick. Seemed a little early for a backup RB and I think your team is a player away from winning now. I just would've gone with someone who can benefit your team now without having to wait for an injury.

Just my .02 cents.

--

btw, if its not cool for me to post in here, just let me know and I'll vanish with my opinions. :ph34r:

GET THE FOCK OUT!!#%@#!! :thumbsup:

Whisper sweet nothings about my team and you can post all you like. :thumbsup:

Whisper sweet nothings about my team and you can post all you like. :dunno:

hmmm...

Marty Booker was a steal this late - not too fond of Chris Perry but who knows. :thumbsup:

I'm not crazy about taking Perry this soon, either, but some of these peckers have decided to stockpile all the future talent. I don't want my team going grandpahoo on me!@# :thumbsup:

I think that the average age of my players thus far is about 35. Great forsight on my part. :rolleyes:

OB1, I had your draft pegged as my favorite one so far, but I just don't care for the Jones pick.  Seemed a little early for a backup RB and I think your team is a player away from winning now.  I just would've gone with someone who can benefit your team now without having to wait for an injury.

Just my .02 cents.

--

First, your opinions are more than welcome. :rolleyes:

Second, You are right, I have a team that is able to win this year, and If I had gone in another direction I might have improved those chances. Unfortunately, I had only one RB, and needed to make sure I got a second one or risk having a VERY shallow corps. There aren't any guys left out there at RB that will start this year that I can see, so I went for a guy that I'm pretty sure will get goaline carries. In a 16 tam league, a guy who scores TDs is probably startable, and I feel there will be WRs or TEs that I can start at my next pick.

I thought guys like McGahee, Foster and Bell would be around for my last pick and I was wrong. I couldn't take the chance that Jones would be around at 7.6.

I appreciate the kind words about my previous picks, I think I did a decent job of getting talented players pretty much in their prime or about to reach it. I think i'm set up to be solid for a few years. I just wanted to make sure I got a RB that I thought might wind up being a steal come next year.

Crumpler shouldn't have slid this far. A GREAT pick, imo. I've even been tempted to take him at one of my last few picks based on value alone. BitterNeverAround is building a beast.

I'll take a shot at Boston here. At this point he's no bigger risk than any of the other available WRs. Plus we already know what his potential is.

I don't think there's any middle ground for him. He'll either be great again or he will be nothing at all. The ultimate boom or bust.

I like the last two WR picks. When I saw Buffy's list I knew neither would drop to me at 6.16, but they are good picks here.

VM left for twitchy.

Also, CMT, your photo has been posted on the geek bored by Ju-Day. Either that's you focking around or it's not and you may want to get it deleted. :rolleyes:

I like the last two WR picks. When I saw Buffy's list I knew neither would drop to me at 6.16, but they are good picks here.

Yeah, Thanks for fowarding my list to everyone else. :rolleyes:

I guess the temptation of drafting Woods 6 rounds from now is out of my system. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I sh!t the bed with that one. The good news is, I didn't sh!t the bed quite as stinkily in rounds 1-5 as I normally do.

Yeah, I sh!t the bed with that one. The good news is, I didn't sh!t the bed quite as stinkily in rounds 1-5 as I normally do.

Just having some fun with you. This draft hasn't followed any normal conventions, apart from the first round.

:)

VM left for twitchy.

Also, CMT, your photo has been posted on the geek bored by Ju-Day. Either that's you focking around or it's not and you may want to get it deleted. :)

Sorry fellas, I have some possible trades in the works. I can't check my email from home because of software problems. If I can't make it to the office tonight to check, I will pick 1st thing Monday.

Also, that is an old pic of me. Only Burt, Merkin, O and Swerski originally knew where to find it (and it is very difficult to find). Odd that now "Ju-day" has it, no?

Just having some fun with you. This draft hasn't followed any normal conventions, apart from the first round.

:)

Please, mock away.

I should have taken Booker.

VM left for twitchy. 

Also, CMT, your photo has been posted on the geek bored by Ju-Day.  Either that's you focking around or it's not and you may want to get it deleted.  :angry:

Sorry fellas, I have some possible trades in the works. I can't check my email from home because of software problems. If I can't make it to the office tonight to check, I will pick 1st thing Monday.

Also, that is an old pic of me. Only Burt, Merkin, O and Swerski originally knew where to find it (and it is very difficult to find). Odd that now "Ju-day" has it, no?

OK...everyone that has a trade in the works with CMT, call it off so he can make his pick. :wall:

CMT...I hereby refuse your trade offer. (see how easy it is guys?) :headbanger:

HTH :)

I'm pretty sure I've found it before. :)

Crumpler shouldn't have slid this far. A GREAT pick, imo. I've even been tempted to take him at one of my last few picks based on value alone. BitterNeverAround is building a beast.

I woulda taken him instead of Lelie if I didn't already have Vick and Duckett...

:) :headbanger:

I woulda taken him instead of Lelie if I didn't already have Vick and Duckett...

:) :wall:

Whew.... :headbanger:

:angry:

I'm glad CMT has decided to take a full day to decide which crappy WR he wants to pick in this round.

I'm glad CMT has decided to take a full day to decide which crappy WR he wants to pick in this round.

I am waiting to pick.. Must be working on a very important case.. :blink:

I can't wait to see this trade :hyper:

:blink:

Sorry fellas, I have some possible trades in the works.  I can't check my email from home because of software problems.  If I can't make it to the office tonight to check, I will pick 1st thing Monday.

I can't wait to see this trade :hyper:

:blink:

I can't get the main assmeg to reply - I'll pick in 5.

I considered Stallworth over Jones at 6.05, he is soooo fast, and in his rookie year he showed he can be a gamebreaker. B)