Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka

Why is Fantasy Football So Much Better Than Baseball?

Too many baseball games. Fantasy baseball is like a second job trying to keep track of everything.

Too many baseball games. Fantasy baseball is like a second job trying to keep track of everything.

:thumbsdown: yea, with a schedule of over 150 games, its hard to keep up with everything. for some reason, fantasy football just seems more fun and intriguing.

:lol: yea, with a schedule of over 150 games, its hard to keep up with everything. for some reason, fantasy football just seems more fun and intriguing.

:lol:

Scheduling and the length of the baseball season. FF gives you the opportunity each week, usually within a 36 hour window, to view all the weeks stats & matchups head-to-head. Baseball doesn't. I'm a huge NBA fan (yeah, I'm the one) but stopped playing fantasy hoops for the same reason. Just can't get that same instant gratification that you do in football every Sunday/Monday.

Each game is so much more important in f.f...BTW, please don't call baseball gay. I would take the sport of baseball over football any day, but fantasy football blows away fantasy baseball.

Scheduling and the length of the baseball season. FF gives you the opportunity each week, usually within a 36 hour window, to view all the weeks stats & matchups head-to-head. Baseball doesn't. I'm a huge NBA fan (yeah, I'm the one) but stopped playing fantasy hoops for the same reason. Just can't get that same instant gratification that you do in football every Sunday/Monday.

Beyond having a good weekly lineup system, football is also a better fit for head to head leagues. This inspires the trash talk and competitive spirit that gets leagues off the ground in the first few years.

Fantasy baseball is like having a second job. One job is enough. FF is fun and more leisurely.

Each game is so much more important in f.f...BTW, please don't call baseball gay. I would take the sport of baseball over football any day, but fantasy football blows away fantasy baseball.

Baseball is to sports as Magnum P.I.'s mustache is to gay.

You just lost what little credibility you had when you bashed a classic show like Magnum P.I.

p.s.- are you one of those bitter people that got stuck out in right field because they couldn't cut it anywhere else?

p.s.#2- the hardest thing to do in sports is hitting a baseball coming at you at 90+ mph

You just lost what little credibility you had when you bashed a classic show like Magnum P.I.

p.s.- are you one of those bitter people that got stuck out in right field because they couldn't cut it anywhere else?

p.s.#2- the hardest thing to do in sports is hitting a baseball coming at you at 90+ mph

What's the hardest?

Hitting a golf ball consistently straight.

Baseball is GAY :banana:

Then again, I like baseball...Does that make me ummm...different? :banana:

What's the hardest?

What fun is that? You gotta hit it crooked every now and then or it wouldn't be so challenging :banana:

I wish I could hit it straight on a regular basis

baseball is an incredibly hard sport to play. hitting against a pitcher these days is scary. but fantasy baseball is not fun to play. i played for many years. it is a great sport. but football, is the most fun, and is more exciting to watch.

What's the hardest?

took the words out of mouth......

this post is 100% correct....

Not a big fan of Baseball....with the steroids....and the endless amount of games....and how slow it is....

I don't see why it is so hard when the pitching aspect is going down and sluggers are hitting more and more out of the park...

I do like playoff baseball tho.......somewhat....

Steroids and the fact that so many team don't even have a chance with the extremes in salery caps...these things just kill baseball....

Football is by far the best sport....every games seems too count greatly....week too week you can get excited for the games....Salery Cap (parity)....and the fantasy aspect can't be matched....

Baseball is a great sport, only football is nearly as good.

Major League Baseball, on the other hand, has become a pile of sh!t.

#1) Schedule; 1 game a week gives you as much or as little time as you want to prepare and a full 6 days to talk smack to the guy you beat that week.

#2) You actually get to watch the games. Half the fun is rooting for your players.

#3) NFL parity. Love it or hate it, the salary cap has made this a more exciting sport.

#4) Basball is gay. To the earlier posters that said hitting a fastball is one of the hardest things to do is sports, I can't argue. You have to be a pretty good athlete to play baseball; w/ football, you can pretty much take any fat kid throw him on the line and call him an offensive guard (my position in high school). But that has nothing to do with it. Soccer players are terrific athletes too, but the sport is still boring as hell to watch.

#1) Schedule; 1 game a week gives you as much or as little time as you want to prepare and a full 6 days to talk smack to the guy you beat that week.

#2) You actually get to watch the games. Half the fun is rooting for your players.

#3) NFL parity. Love it or hate it, the salary cap has made this a more exciting sport.

#4) Basball is gay. To the earlier posters that said hitting a fastball is one of the hardest things to do is sports, I can't argue. You have to be a pretty good athlete to play baseball; w/ football, you can pretty much take any fat kid throw him on the line and call him an offensive guard (my position in high school). But that has nothing to do with it. Soccer players are terrific athletes too, but the sport is still boring as hell to watch.

u hit the spot here man. as a baseball player, its a tough sport, but not very intruiging to watch it. it can be very boring, while the nfl is extremely fun to watch with only 1 game a week.

Exactly, I love college baseball. GO HUSKERS!!!!

And for the record, Magnum P.I. rocks, it was the mustache that was a gay icon.

Further for the record I was a left fielder. :banana:

:banana:

Every year I think the college world series is the best ball your going to see. I don't watch during the season but I always end up getting jacked-up over teams/players I don't even know in the tourney. Pure baseball.

MLB has multiple issues.

When you're 50+, retired, need something to do, you follow baseball.

Gives you something to do every night, you drink while you watch, and it puts you to sleep by 9.

Anyone under 30 who follows baseball, needs to try watching some real sports. Baseball is painful to watch. It's long. And the season never ends. Doesn't matter when you lose. Doesn't matter when you win. And unless you follow the top 5-6 teams, the rest don't really have a shot to win year in year out.

And before some nerd shouts about the Marlins, how you liking that 15mil payroll? Yeah you can really have long term success in a small market. After you win the world series, your payroll needs to be cut to 1/2 of what A-Rod makes. Nice sport.

When you're 50+, retired, need something to do, you follow baseball.

Gives you something to do every night, you drink while you watch, and it puts you to sleep by 9.

Anyone under 30 who follows baseball, needs to try watching some real sports. Baseball is painful to watch. It's long. And the season never ends. Doesn't matter when you lose. Doesn't matter when you win. And unless you follow the top 5-6 teams, the rest don't really have a shot to win year in year out.

And before some nerd shouts about the Marlins, how you liking that 15mil payroll? Yeah you can really have long term success in a small market. After you win the world series, your payroll needs to be cut to 1/2 of what A-Rod makes. Nice sport.

Grab your mit, let's go have a catch. :banana:

Baseball blows!

thanks for adding to the thread raider. just because you were the unathletic kid that the coach never put in, it doesnt mean you should bash a great sport.

This carries little weight. We are not trying to play it, we are trying to watch it. It pales in comparison to football and there's nothing you can say or do to change that reality.

I have a modified fantasy baseball game that makes it more like fantasy football.

We only use weekend series. It's always head-to-head. Modified scoring. Fun times. Also being football fans, we only run the thing through the All-Star game so we can concentrate on training camp.

:cheers: Don't you ever slam Magnum PI again. Ever! :first:

Some things need to be kept sacred.

Beyond having a good weekly lineup system, football is also a better fit for head to head leagues. This inspires the trash talk and competitive spirit that gets leagues off the ground in the first few years.

kareckas, I'm going kick your ass even worse this year than last!

Hey, you're right.

:unsure:

This carries little weight. We are not trying to play it, we are trying to watch it. It pales in comparison to football and there's nothing you can say or do to change that reality.

I enjoy watching football as much as the next guy, but I probably watch more baseball...People who say baseball is boring to watch probably don't understand the intricacies and strategies of the game very well.

I enjoy watching football as much as the next guy, but I probably watch more baseball...People who say baseball is boring to watch probably don't understand the intricacies and strategies of the game very well.

The intricacies?....

too bad those things you are talking about only come out in post season baseball....

Baseball is so boring the annoucers tend to just start talking about something totally different while the game it being played....it is BORING...

o wow look the manager put in a pinch runner....COOOOOOOOOOOL....

they set the infield back .....WOOOOOOOOW!....

then the thing that is just stupid.....when a manager comes out to argue a call....how stupid....so they come out to talk to the ref slow the game down even more....for what ......to get a call changed once out of a 100?....which even then i dont know how a manager can convince a umpire to change a call he made 2 minutes ago...

lets come out and argue a call so it looks like we are actually doing something....or so we dont fall asleep... :wall: .....

Baseball the steroid filled....boring....slow....dragged out season.....with a bad comish sport is stupid....!!!

I like baseball but prefer to go to the ball park rather than watch at home. I don't follow it religiously like football as it doesn't hold my interest nearly as much. At the park though it is a great spectator sport to socialize and enjoy the atmosphere.

It is a sport that people have more extreme opinions about whether they like it or not. Different strokes for different folks.

Baseball is DULL! You can even see managers snoozing in the dugout. They need a pitch-clock on the pitcher. :lol:

The rules are silly/inconsistent. Umpires can't even agree on a strike zone. And how 'bout that batter's box? After the first batter, the chalk is obliterated. :P

And the home run records....just keep juicing the ball to spur interest in the game and a bunch of players can beat the records.

But this is just the game. Maybe invoking a little fantasy baseball (like wagering) could make it a little more interesting...but only a little.

I like baseball but prefer to go to the ball park rather than watch at home. I don't follow it religiously like football as it doesn't hold my interest nearly as much. At the park though it is a great spectator sport to socialize and enjoy the atmosphere.

Good point. I live in Birmingham, AL and we have a crappy minor league team that I go see a few times every year. It's hot, the nachos are stale & the beer is flat but it's hard to find a better way to waste an afternoon with friends. It's a heck of a lot of fun for what it costs.

I lump baseball into the same category as golf. Yes it's a great game, but its just not entertaining to watch on tv.

Baseball has its dull moments but football is becoming pretty lame as well. Ive hit on this a bunch of times but the Commie Pinkos always come barking back with their homo-agenda. :lol:

Heres why football sucks for anything other fantasy football:

- All teams are .500 and the free agency/salary cap deathgrip are designed to keep it that way. The NFL doesnt want anyone to be good for more than one season at a time..... and they want them to do it when you least expect it. Hence the "Shoot your wad" phrase. Most recent SB teams completely disappear never to be heard from again. Great, just focking great. :banana: But, the bleeding heart sissies who cant compete without help from the NFL seem to enjoy this mediocrity garbage. Fine you got it. B)

- TV coverage is atrocious.... unless you happen to live in some magic area you often get AWFUL regional coverage. Focking horrible BS. Oh yeah, there is a commercial after every single play, kickoff, timeout, punt, fair catch, instant replay, injury, blah focking blah. Did I mention that the BEST games should be on TV each week. Let the home team faggitz pay for their regional coverage. :wall:

- The playoffs and Super Bowl are HORRIBLE. Period. The Squealers and Seabags? IN the Super Bowl? Those are the best the NFL has to offer eh? Great.... the game was awful and was filled with mistakes, goofs, and bad play all around. What a joke. At least in baseball, the RIGHT teams get in.... meaning the ones who played the best and were the most consistent all year long. None of this focking wildcard 8-8 crap getting lucky. Thats why the ONLY way to properly decide playoffs is the 7 game series. This way, the crappy teams cant just get lucky...they actually have to beat the team their playing 4 times which doesnt happen much at all, if ever.

- The "big-headed" NFL has the fans by the nutsack and will never change ahything for the better. The once great league has turned into a haven for mediocre teams trying to "out shoot" each others wad load. Wonderful.

- Take away fantasy football and 50% of the current" fan" base disappears. The NFL has become a fantasy sports haven and thats it. Other than that..... puhleeze...... :P

I ran a head to head baseball league with Mondays off in 04 and what a headache to score it was. I thought the way I designed it could be done and a website could accomodate but alas it blew...

Each team with 18 players no pitchers...start two different lineups and if a guy was off or injured then your backup automatically got the call....We played about 130 games and then a playoffs but it was a nightmare to score...

FF much better and I love baseball (not as much as football)

Baseball has its dull moments but football is becoming pretty lame as well. Ive hit on this a bunch of times but the Commie Pinkos always come barking back with their homo-agenda. :lol:

Heres why football sucks for anything other fantasy football:

- All teams are .500 and the free agency/salary cap deathgrip are designed to keep it that way. The NFL doesnt want anyone to be good for more than one season at a time..... and they want them to do it when you least expect it. Hence the "Shoot your wad" phrase. Most recent SB teams completely disappear never to be heard from again. Great, just focking great. :ninja: But, the bleeding heart sissies who cant compete without help from the NFL seem to enjoy this mediocrity garbage. Fine you got it. :clap:

- TV coverage is atrocious.... unless you happen to live in some magic area you often get AWFUL regional coverage. Focking horrible BS. Oh yeah, there is a commercial after every single play, kickoff, timeout, punt, fair catch, instant replay, injury, blah focking blah. Did I mention that the BEST games should be on TV each week. Let the home team faggitz pay for their regional coverage. ;)

- The playoffs and Super Bowl are HORRIBLE. Period. The Squealers and Seabags? IN the Super Bowl? Those are the best the NFL has to offer eh? Great.... the game was awful and was filled with mistakes, goofs, and bad play all around. What a joke. At least in baseball, the RIGHT teams get in.... meaning the ones who played the best and were the most consistent all year long. None of this focking wildcard 8-8 crap getting lucky. Thats why the ONLY way to properly decide playoffs is the 7 game series. This way, the crappy teams cant just get lucky...they actually have to beat the team their playing 4 times which doesnt happen much at all, if ever.

- The "big-headed" NFL has the fans by the nutsack and will never change ahything for the better. The once great league has turned into a haven for mediocre teams trying to "out shoot" each others wad load. Wonderful.

- Take away fantasy football and 50% of the current" fan" base disappears. The NFL has become a fantasy sports haven and thats it. Other than that..... puhleeze...... :(

love the NFL and I love MLB, but this hit the nail on the head with a few exceptions. I especially like the fact that if you take away fantasy football, you take away half its fans. I think this is so true. I also would add that you deplete most of the other half, if they take away betting. I beleive taht compulsive gamblers and fantasy football players represent 80% of the NFL "fans".

love the NFL and I love MLB, but this hit the nail on the head with a few exceptions. I especially like the fact that if you take away fantasy football, you take away half its fans. I think this is so true. I also would add that you deplete most of the other half, if they take away betting. I beleive taht compulsive gamblers and fantasy football players represent 80% of the NFL "fans".

this is pretty NOT true to me....

in the mid 1990's Fantasy was no where near where it is today and football was still the number one sport in America...Fantasy Football really didnt become a "monster" util the 2000's.....

idk if you live in fantasy world.....or just somewhere with nerdy guys that dont care about the games but only fanatsy....but where I come from twice as many fans don't even play fantasy.....and many of the ones that do are in a basically just for fun league.....

outside of a couple hardcore leagues including mine fantasy football is a distant 2nd to real football.....same goes for me even tho I am in a more serious league....

I can just see where this topic is heading.....right to the dreded argument of which is more important....your team of your fantasy team.... :ninja:

fantasy baseball gets too boring in the summer time having to make roster changes every day. It doesn't give you enough time to research daily moves. You're constantly adding/dropping players throughout the season.

In football, you draft your team, and that's pretty much it.

fantasy baseball gets too boring in the summer time having to make roster changes every day. It doesn't give you enough time to research daily moves. You're constantly adding/dropping players throughout the season.

In football, you draft your team, and that's pretty much it.

yea, like someone said before, its like a 2nd job. just too many games..