Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

People R Stupid

I just read some article that said that the $42 ($42??) T-shirt that Angelina Jolie's baby wore on the cover of People had started a mad rush of orders for the same shirt from all around the world. The store that sells it immediately ran out and is on back-order, blah blah blah.

I just can't understand things like this. I can SORT of get seeing some beautiful actress/actor and saying "that looks good, I'd like to wear that". But we're talking about a T-shirt on a newborn that probably promptly puked all over it after the photo shoot. I mean, what goes through people's heads? "See this shirt - an INFANT - -a FAMOUS one - wears the exact same thing!"

I will never understand people like that.

I dunno. Why do people go to a sporting goods store to pay inflated prices for a shirt with the Nike Swoosh on it? If you want me to wear your logo you pay me, not the other way around. But people do it....

I dunno. Why do people go to a sporting goods store to pay inflated prices for a shirt with the Nike Swoosh on it? If you want me to wear your logo you pay me, not the other way around. But people do it....

1) They fit me well and last longer than the stuff at Walmart.

2) They don't sell Dryfit Golf shirts at Walmart.

I call BS.

You don't wear shirts.

There was a report on the news almost a week ago that showed diesel jeans for newborns and stuff like that. Beyond me why a baby would need 150 dollar jeans. Some people have more money than sense.

Toro,

If I were you I'd never hit reply in a "people are stupid" thread.

At least in this case, your either choosing quality or perceived status. But WTF kind of status is there in wearing an infant's T-shirt?

- prolly start seeing chicks at the clubs wearing designer pampers soon too....

At least in this case, your either choosing quality or perceived status. But WTF kind of status is there in wearing an infant's T-shirt?

- prolly start seeing chicks at the clubs wearing designer pampers soon too....

Nike = Status? I don't think so. I can understand people buying Ralph Lauren polo or something, but Nike? :lol:

Nike = Status? I don't think so. I can understand people buying Ralph Lauren polo or something, but Nike? :lol:

hence the term "perceived status"

I am sure that the sponsors are lining up to have you wear their gear :lol:

Toro,

If I were you I'd never hit reply in a "people are stupid" thread.

What was wrong with my rebuttal?

I am sure that the sponsors are lining up to have you wear their gear :lol:

Obviously not. I'm just saying, why would you pay THEM to wear their crap?

Do you own a baseball hat with a team logo on it? How about a shirt with your favorite football team's name?

I paid good money to have McDonald's and Coca-Cola tattooed on both of my eyeballs, thank you very much.

Do you own a baseball hat with a team logo on it? How about a shirt with your favorite football team's name?

No baseball bat but yes to team apparel. There's a big difference though - If I gave a Rat's A$$ about Nike I'd pay to wear their logo. I do give a Rat's A$$ about the Broncos and the Lakers so I don't mind lining their pockets a bit. You won't find me paying money to wear team apparel for teams I don't care about, and that's the equivalent of paying to wear Nike crap.

No baseball bat but yes to team apparel. There's a big difference though - If I gave a Rat's A$$ about Nike I'd pay to wear their logo. I do give a Rat's A$$ about the Broncos and the Lakers so I don't mind lining their pockets a bit. You won't find me paying money to wear team apparel for teams I don't care about, and that's the equivalent of paying to wear Nike crap.

That is your preference. It does not make those people stupid because you don't know if they view Nike as more important than some stupid Broncos logo.

I don't own a single hat. I own zero shirts with writing or symbols on them. Corporate America can go fock itself and die.

That is your preference. It does not make those people stupid because you don't know if they view Nike as more important than some stupid Broncos logo.

In my eyes people are stupid to pay extra to wear corporate logos. Why the fock would anyone have an allegiance to Nike? :(

I don't own a single hat. I own zero shirts with writing or symbols on them. Corporate America can go fock itself and die.

I would expect nothing less from you :(

So what did this T-shirt look like? Must be one stylish shirt to justify $42.

The other day there was a pretty long article in my local paper detailing the fact the Brad, Angie, and the rugrat had left Namibia (or whereever the fock they were). This was in the WORLD NEWS section, not the Gossip or Hollywood sections, the WORLD NEWS section.

This is focking WORLD NEWS?

waiting....

You can certainly get the same quality shirts for a lesser price somewhere else. This was not a comparison to WalMart. However, my comment was more a general commentary on your posts, not a specific critique of this particular thread.

Does your mom knit your clothes or something? How do you avoid ling the pockets or promoting any of the large sporting companies? I never realized you were such a hippy?

Does your mom knit your clothes or something? How do you avoid ling the pockets or promoting any of the large sporting companies? I never realized you were such a hippy?

He wears hemp :(

He wears hemp :(

That would be a Hemp R Us logo on his shirt in the Geek Picture thread I'm guessing.

You can certainly get the same quality shirts for a lesser price somewhere else. This was not a comparison to WalMart. However, my comment was more a general commentary on your posts, not a specific critique of this particular thread.

What is your definition of quality? Hold up in the wash? The material that is most comfortable? Doesn't fade?

What about fit? If you find something that fits you well and you can afford it, what's the difference?

I don't see you saying the same thing about people that pimp Old Navy stuff. You can get those "quality" clothes other places without the logos and such?

BTW, GFY.

I do have some stuff with a corporate logo on it, although I'm not paying FOR the corporate logo as you do when you buy a big old shirt with the Nike or Adidas logos on them. I have Levis for example. However, I don't think you'll find any shirt or anything in my wardrobe with corporate logos on them, except for a few Polo shirts. I like the material Polo shirts use. Most of my Tshirts are from events I've gone to for hobbies I'm in to, or sports apparel for teams I follow. The only ones with corporate logos on them were freebies.

I swear, I must own at least 20 T-shirts with liquor logos on them. - Never paid for a single one.

....guess that comes from hanging out at the bars WAY too much,....

spoken like a poor man. ;)

Stupid people buying their infants expensive clothes is nothing new. There is a reason you can find baby-sized Air Jordans at Foot Locker. Because people are dumb enough to drop $100 on shoes so their 2 month old can be the coolest puking machine on the block.