Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Detroit Tigers Tracker

From the sound of it, I don't think he had ever had a cortisone shot before. Probably panicked when his shoulder was sore the next day. Meanwhile our schizo offense gets lost in traffic on the way to the stadium.

But hey, why play the A's at home when you can take a scenic trip to the Big Apple!

the playoffs--no matter what form they take--will be iciing on the cake this year. i'm just relieved it's no longer a 3-team race (for all intents and purposes).

neither of these teams (white sox or tigers) were going to sweep the other in this series. simply wasn't going to happen this time of year.

nothing to worry about as far as the offense goes: garcia was simply nasty and unhittable tonight. he would have beat any team in the league tonight with the stuff he had going on.

bonderman pitches a gem and zoom zoom rips the heart out of the white sox. :banana:

sox down 6 with 10 to go.

the tigers and twins are going to the playoffs.

I'd say things are looking good. Still want baseball's best overall record though- not that it did much for the Pistons and Wings.

win #92: 7-3 over royals. and the twins (1.5 back) and white sox (7 back) lose :headbanger: :cheers:

tigers magic number to a playoff berth: 2 games with 8 to go! :banana: :doh: :lol:

Great to see Polanco back in the lineup.

I'm thinking that Rogers may get the win here.

:cheers:

I'm thinking that Rogers may get the win here.

:(

Hmm, 15 spot vs KC. I'm going to go ahead and put this in the win column, hope I dont jinx it. :cheers:

Man, Rogers has been awesome after his little mid-season slump, the Tigers best pitcher really far and away in the 2nd half. How about Polanco, 3/4 2 RBI in his return, his return is HUGE.

Now only 1/2 behind the Yanks for the best record in the AL/league. Who would they face with the best record?? Will they face the Twins??? I don't know if they would want to face the Twins to start.

are you saying that detroit could face the twins if det has the best record?

teams from the same div can't face each other in the 1st round(the yanks-sox rule)

are you saying that detroit could face the twins if det has the best record?

teams from the same div can't face each other in the 1st round(the yanks-sox rule)

That's what someone said, i thought that would suck. So, would they play the As or the Jays in the first round??? I dunno, the Tigers would sweep both of them.

That's what someone said, i thought that would suck. So, would they play the As or the Jays in the first round??? I dunno, the Tigers would sweep both of them.

Jays are already toast. It'll be the division winner vs the As, loser vs the Yankees. I'm thinking winning the division makes sense. Let NYY be Minny's problem.

Jays are already toast. It'll be the division winner vs the As, loser vs the Yankees. I'm thinking winning the division makes sense. Let NYY be Minny's problem.

oakland has a legitimate shot at best record. how'd you like to win the division but still play the yankees? by my math, it's very possible.

Hmm, 15 spot vs KC. I'm going to go ahead and put this in the win column, hope I dont jinx it. :dunno:

its the Tigers, not the Spartans. no worries about choking away a big lead.

It's great finally being a legitimate contender, but I'm still feeling greedy. It's been over two months now that I've raised expetations to beyond qualifying for the playoffs. August made me feel more like we've backed in. I wanna see all these other playoff teams taken down and I'm glad Polanco is around to help ensure it gets done.

It's great finally being a legitimate contender, but I'm still feeling greedy. It's been over two months now that I've raised expetations to beyond qualifying for the playoffs. August made me feel more like we've backed in. I wanna see all these other playoff teams taken down and I'm glad Polanco is around to help ensure it gets done.

I'm going to be lazy and not try to back up my statement but I remember hearing that ChiSox of last year had a worse collapse through basically the same stretch of the year and we all know how that turned out.

I found myself getting greedy as well. I got pretty annoyed and discouraged with the team to the point where I needed to stop watching for a stretch but I had to remind myself that no matter how they finished, it was an incredible ride that far exceeded expectations. Also, they are set up for a long stretch of competitive baseball and will be an desirable place for free agents (Soriano?) and that's all you can ask for.

Now they have found their bats again (albeit KC) so it should be interesting.

I found myself getting greedy as well. I got pretty annoyed and discouraged with the team to the point where I needed to stop watching for a stretch but I had to remind myself that no matter how they finished, it was an incredible ride that far exceeded expectations. Also, they are set up for a long stretch of competitive baseball and will be an desirable place for free agents (Soriano?) and that's all you can ask for.

I couldn't have put this better myself. I've been unable to watch games since mid-August. But I'm back in it for the rest of the season.

They've done us proud this season.

I'm going to be lazy and not try to back up my statement but I remember hearing that ChiSox of last year had a worse collapse through basically the same stretch of the year and we all know how that turned out.

Now they have found their bats again (albeit KC) so it should be interesting.

the white sox last year were up 15 in early august, and i believe it went down the last series of the season--if not the last game--before they squeaked in officially.

the white sox last year were up 15 in early august, and i believe it went down the last series of the season--if not the last game--before they squeaked in officially.

I can't add much to this. It's been such a long time since I actually paid attention to the homestreach of the MLB playoff race. They didn't have wildcards, or six divisions, or Florida Marlins back then.

Speaking of the White Sox, I do believe they raised a white flag before today's game.

ozzie's style is fine if you win--but you lose, he becomes nothing but an abrasive a-hole.

the mike keenan of baseball.

19 freaking years, wow. Hopefully it doesn't end as badly as things did in 87...focking Twins!!! :)

Will this be a repeat?

Speaking of the White Sox, I do believe they raised a white flag before today's game.

They better not, they need to finish strong; preferably with a three game winning streak.

They better not, they need to finish strong; preferably with a three game winning streak.

the white sux are bigger patsies right now than even the royals. no exaggeration.

Five more games of jockeying for playoff order.

I'm totally at peace with Jones as the closer now. He's been finding his way to get the job done often enough.

It's good to see Polanco back, hopefully he moves back to the #2 spot in the lineup. If he's still suffering lingering effects of being injured, it's not showing in his performance.

After the Tigers game, I actually found myself following the Min/KC game on the gametracker at mlb.com, first time all season. It's so painful to root for KC to extract a win from their pathetic lineup and awful pitching. Things actually looked good, they had a 2-1 lead over Santana there but sadly, slowly, painfully blew it, the game turned on a passed ball in the 8th. KC had the bases loaded with one out in the 9th and got K-ed twice to end the game.

Awesome that we finally have a pennant race, and playoff games ahead. Working ebay for tickets since they sold out so fast (thank you to the bastards who bought stacks of tickets just to scalp them :doublethumbsup: ), but man is our offense going to get us killed.

Had a feeling we'd get some kind of rally going in the seventh with two on and no out. But that double play was killer.

Had a feeling we'd get some kind of rally going in the seventh with two on and no out. But that double play was killer.

no worries: the focking twins couldn't beat the guy the tigers put a 10-spot on in the first inning the other night :unsure:

what are the various tiebreaker situations? anybody know?