Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Detroit Tigers Tracker

It is officially time to question whether they will make the playoffs.

I agree 100%. Things are getting very ugly. Hey Tigers, the Angels called they want their choke back.

yep they are done and i can get my $120 :cry:

Also they are back to not even coming close to selling these games out, and people can get cheap tickets again

yep they are done and i can get my $120 :banana:

Also you they are back tonot even coming close to selling these games out, and can get cheap tickets

explain

One series left against Minnesota and another against the White Sux. The rest should be easy. But the Tigers have been in a deep rut for a while and have lost both their mojo and their stranglehold atop the standings. Losing more series than their (we're) winning now. There's no excuse for a playoff contender to lose a series to these AL West teams.

explain

which part the $120

I made 2 bets in teh first few weeks of teh seaosn.. one to a guy straight up teh tigers would not win the AL, another for $20 they would not make the playoffs... I also hedged me bet and put $25 on them to win the AL at 14-1 odds

Also yeah I am trying to sell $20 tickets on stubhub right now for 13, and they are not going ot be sold. Its vs the Rangers.. Kids are back in school, so not as many go to the games.. Hell I dont think they got over 30k for any game vs Seattle

Their hitting is making the baby jesus cry. :blink:

which part the $120

I made 2 bets in teh first few weeks of teh seaosn.. one to a guy straight up teh tigers would not win the AL, another for $20 they would not make the playoffs... I also hedged me bet and put $25 on them to win the AL at 14-1 odds

Also yeah I am trying to sell $20 tickets on stubhub right now for 13, and they are not going ot be sold. Its vs the Rangers.. Kids are back in school, so not as many go to the games.. Hell I dont think they got over 30k for any game vs Seattle

ah, okay. but me thinks you'd gladly eat the money if the tigers ended up in first :blink:

ah, okay. but me thinks you'd gladly eat the money if the tigers ended up in first :clap:

yes i think you missed the part where i said i hedged the bet and got them winning the al at 14-1 odds put 25 down

yes i think you missed the part where i said i hedged the bet and got them winning the al at 14-1 odds put 25 down

:thumbsup:

Good start...of course the same could be said of the Seattle and LA series.

true--but somehow i don't see them losing focus like that against the twins.

It seems clear to me that Minnesota is Detroit's patsies. I just worry all these Ls we constantly tag on their sorry asses will be the difference that keeps them out of the playoffs.

Damn, now their DEFENSE sucks too???

One thing about the Tigs, they have had some GREAT games mixed in this slump, what tells me they still have it, they are just relaxing for the playoffs. That is smart, but, they need to start getting on a roll into the playoffs, that is very important to roll into the playoffs.

BTW, i seriously doubt they are just relaxing for the playoffs, i just what to make up excuses why they are sucking. I blame the internet.

Same old story, same old song and dance.

Offense completely impotent, defense making mistakes. They are real close to finishing themselves off.

And after 112 days, the Tigers have lost the AL lead.

Offense:

- 24th in runs in August, 13th in September but with 7 games of 3 runs or less.

- 28th in OBP in August, 24th in September

Defense:

- 9th most errors (93)

Pitching:

- 7th in ERA in August (3.75) -- 13-16 record

- 3rd in ERA in September (2.56) -- 3-6 record (entering today)

:thumbsup:

:pointstosky:

:dunno: 15-2, top of 7th, freakin nuts :wub: But, tommarrow they will lose 9-2, give up 13 hits. They have had some great games mixed in with a bunch of horrible games the past month and a half.

:shocking: 15-2, top of 7th, freakin nuts :clap: But, tommarrow they will lose 9-2, give up 13 hits. They have had some great games mixed in with a bunch of horrible games the past month and a half.

Naaaah. Tomorrow they lose 3-1, SUNDAY they lose 9-2.

Anyone want to put money down..Tigers score more tonight than the next 6 days combined.

By the way, would someone please kneecap the Cleveland closer. :mad:

Naaaah. Tomorrow they lose 3-1, SUNDAY they lose 9-2.

Anyone want to put money down..Tigers score more tonight than the next 6 days combined.

By the way, would someone please kneecap the Cleveland closer. :thumbsup:

if they lose 9-2 sunday to daniel cabrera, the tigers should give up..they wont lose sunday unless its a slugfest and it happens late...

17-2.

is the batting slump officially over? let's hope so.

I'll believe it when they do it a couple times in a row.

vs LA: 9 runs...then 2 and 1

vs Sea: 6 runs....then 3 and 4

at Min: 7 runs...then 5, 1, 1

6 innings, 1 run, 5 hits, 1 walk.

Tigers offense is still offensive.

um, try the glass half full angle: roberton pitches a gem, the tigers get another shutout to add to their league-leading total, and they blank the birds 2-0.

oh, and the white sox fall to 5 back.

it's all good :dunno:

if they lose 9-2 sunday to daniel cabrera, the tigers should give up..they wont lose sunday unless its a slugfest and it happens late...

Ugh...I hate it when I'm right. :banana:

*Tiger 5 spot*

YES. Prove me wrong!

Creative this time. Offense fights, pitching chokes. Grilli = banned.

ETA: Hearing Polanco said he is done for the year. No links yet.

Minnesota and ChiSox are going to rely on KC saving their ass down the stretch. Seems we have just enough gas left in the tank. But it's going to take more than that to get through the AL playoffs.

Minnesota and ChiSox are going to rely on KC saving their ass down the stretch. Seems we have just enough gas left in the tank. But it's going to take more than that to get through the AL playoffs.

just happy to be there--whatever happens in the playoffs is extra :banana:

Stoked to see Polanco s almost ready to return... http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...RTS02/609190389

all the reports the past two days have said polanco won't be playing again this year.

all the reports the past two days have said polanco won't be playing again this year.

That's what I'm saying- the story changed overnight. (That's what I think I'm saying, unless it did a 360.)

That's what I'm saying- the story changed overnight. (That's what I think I'm saying, unless it did a 360.)

ah, just saw the update (i couldn't get your link to open the first time). well, that's certainly good news.

but that's weird: polanco was a little bi-polar there. doom and gloom one day, giddy and optimisitc the next day.

drugs?

ah, just saw the update (i couldn't get your link to open the first time). well, that's certainly good news.

but that's weird: polanco was a little bi-polar there. doom and gloom one day, giddy and optimisitc the next day.

drugs?

From the sound of it, I don't think he had ever had a cortisone shot before. Probably panicked when his shoulder was sore the next day. Meanwhile our schizo offense gets lost in traffic on the way to the stadium.

But hey, why play the A's at home when you can take a scenic trip to the Big Apple!