Sign in to follow this  
nobody

When Brett Favre and the Packers start out 0-10

Speculate within

I think they should, but they won't because Brett Favre thinks he's God and so do most everyone else, but we should consider this before our drafts. Honestly, I think if they benched him, he would retire immediately since he thinks he's bigger than the game.

As a Packer fan, the question pains me and intrigues me. 1st - the Pack won't start 0-10 (3-7 maybe, but not 0-10). But, I personally feel if it comes to the point of no return (4-8, 3-9) then I hope Rogers starts. It would suck to see the era end this way, but it would be the right thing for the team. I don't think McCarthy cares about hurting his feelings, nor am I truly sold that he or TT wanted Brett back (except for the PR nightmare).

Speculate within

I think they should, but they won't because Brett Favre thinks he's God and so do most everyone else, but we should consider this before our drafts. Honestly, I think if they benched him, he would retire immediately since he thinks he's bigger than the game.

Nice day for fishin'. Are they bitin'?

Speculate within

This is a brilliant, thought provoking topic. Congratulations. You've brought this board to a new low.

Brett Favre is a god!

- Brett Favre doesn't sleep.....he waits.

- Brett Favre doesn't read books....he just stares them down until they give him the information he wants.

:rolleyes: ;) :ninja:

I'm dead serious in that I think he would retire and the reason why, but, yes, I was exagerrating about the 0-10 thing. I think he would take it as an insult being on the bench and retire. Does he not think he's great? Did he not say in the offseason while he was taking his time deciding whether to retire, "What are they going to do cut me?" Does he not sit out of minicamps because he thinks he can't improve? The guy has an ego, and Green Bay as an organization has fed into it.

So to spare you brett favre lovers, I'll rephrase. Strike the previous comments.

It is pretty obvious GB won't be in contention this year. Would GB bench Favre once they are out of contention?

I'm dead serious in that I think he would retire and the reason why, but, yes, I was exagerrating about the 0-10 thing. I think he would take it as an insult being on the bench and retire. Does he not think he's great? Did he not say in the offseason while he was taking his time deciding whether to retire, "What are they going to do cut me?" Does he not sit out of minicamps because he thinks he can't improve? The guy has an ego, and Green Bay as an organization has fed into it.

So to spare you brett favre lovers, I'll rephrase. Strike the previous comments.

It is pretty obvious GB won't be in contention this year. Would GB bench Favre once they are out of contention?

Why should we listen to anything you say? You're a "nobody". :rolleyes:

Why should we listen to anything you say? You're a "nobody". :rolleyes:

Excellent point. This topic has no bearing on the upcoming fantasy season and thinking about it before our drafts is stupid. Nevermind.

Where do you get that Favre thinks he's a god? Because the media praises him?

What, do you think that the Packers would cut Favre? He was being honest in that statement. I have no idea where you're coming from. He doesn't do extravagent end-zone celebrations, doesn't get into trouble off the field.

Why slam the guy? Do you know him personally?

No, he's not as good as he once was. Neither are allot of players who get older. But he goes out there and tries his best. He didn't have to come back to a crappy team with a new coach this year. He did it because he loves the game. He didn't come back to show the world how great he is. He knows this team isn't going to the Superbowl.

First of all I said strike the Favre bashing from the record. Secondly, I don't need to know someone to form an opinion of their character. Thirdly, I know my boss wouldn't fire me, but when I want to take a vacation during a busy time, I don't say, "what are you going to do fire me?" because it's arrogant. Fourthly, he didn't come back because he loves the game, he came back to get piz-aid. If he loved the game so much he wouldn't have needed 4 months to decide to come back.

But seriously, do you think the Packers would bench the god damn guy or not? It's not a fishing trip, jackoffs. It's a question that could have a profound effect on your draft. In three months when ESPN brings it up, everyone will be considering it then.

What, do you think that the Packers would cut Favre? He was being honest in that statement. I have no idea where you're coming from. He doesn't do extravagent end-zone celebrations, doesn't get into trouble off the field.

actually he does or has done all those things. And if you think thats being honest and not cocky more power to you.

0-0-13, yes.

Fascinating. The ultimate doppelganger. 13 ties . . . :bench:

Where do you get that Favre thinks he's a god? Because the media praises him?

Why slam the guy? Do you know him personally?

No, he's not as good as he once was. Neither are allot of players who get older. But he goes out there and tries his best. He didn't have to come back to a crappy team with a new coach this year. He did it because he loves the game. He didn't come back to show the world how great he is. He knows this team isn't going to the Superbowl.

I do know him personally and have since college. His ego is larger than life.

BUT that is not why Brett is back for another year. He is back because of his pride. He wants one more shot to go out with a bang.

As to the question of when do you bench him for Rodgers...IMO GB will not. Again IMO Brett will start every game this year. Should they? Yes, but will they is the quesion

Does he not think he's great?

Presently...no, I think he thinks he is still very good physically...and I would agree with that.

Did he not say in the offseason while he was taking his time deciding whether to retire, "What are they going to do cut me?"

In a joking manor...yes. Those who took him serious have no clue about the guy.

Does he not sit out of minicamps because he thinks he can't improve?

No. He worked out rather than practiced at the request and with permission of the head coach.

Basically everyone who Bashes favre on a daily basis are ignorant packer haters or just trying to fish...

if he thought he was above the game or is just doing it for the money....why would he not miss a start in his career?....why would he play when his dad just died?....why would he play the rest of a season with a broken throwing thumb?....why would he come back to a 4-12 team coming off the worst year of his career?....because he loves the game and doesn't want to go out like that.....

funniest thing is when I hear people say he's doing it for the money... :shocking:

yea his life style would really show how hungry he is for getting and spending money....while he is outside cutting his own grass and wearing beat up old golf hates.....yea and look at those expensive suits he wears to all of his games....yes, he is just a money spending freak who wants more and more...

Only "nobodys" can be that stupid in judgments...and think they know what is going on and who people are while they watch from the peanut gallery...

But seriously, do you think the Packers would bench the god damn guy or not? It's not a fishing trip, jackoffs. It's a question that could have a profound effect on your draft. In three months when ESPN brings it up, everyone will be considering it then.

You seem to know more about Favre than anyone else on this board so why are you asking us? Let's make this easy for you, "don't draft Brett Favre this year for all the reasons you stated".

I'll just list everything you're wrong about in that post

1. I don't hate Favre

2. I don't hate the Packers

3. I'm not trying to fish

4. Never missing a start doesn't preclude being arrogant or greedy

5. Playing the day after your dad died doesn't preclude greed, but it hints of selfishness

6. Playing with a broken thumb doesn't preclude greed or arrogance

7. Coming back to a crappy team surely doesn't preclude greed or arrogance

8. Being a miser doesn't preclude greed

9. Dressing down doesn't preclude greed or arrogance

10. You don't know him, but claim I'm wrong

If you're going to take the whole you can't possibly judge someone you don't know angle, then you can't tell me I'm wrong because you don't know him either dumbass. You can only say I might be wrong. That is just a horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible post.

1. I don't hate Favre

5. Playing the day after your dad died doesn't preclude greed, but it hints of selfishness

If you're going to take the whole you can't possibly judge someone you don't know angle, then you can't tell me I'm wrong because you don't know him either dumbass. You can only say I might be wrong. That is just a horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible post.

I never claimed to know him.....but from all those reasons above I would say they point more toward being unselfish and not greedy.....you are the one who came up with the (he's coming back to get paid).....how so please explain.....he has made a lot of money through out his career and doesn't seem to buy big expensive things nor has a habbit of throwing around money unlike many Sport Stars.....so why would he come back for the money.....yea the guy is really selfish when he does so many fundraisers to groups and foundations its not even funny....some that are documented and put all over the media many that are not....coming back after his dad dies and plays is "hinting at selfishness" are you retarded?...so playing for his teamates when he didn't have too was selfish?....playing with a broken thumb when many couldn't nor wouldn't has nothing to do with not being selfish?....

So basically what you are trying to say but are really too stupid to actually say it is anything brett favre does now a days is selfish or greedy....and if favre quit football today and joined the army or played the last year of his career for the minimum salary would in no way be connected to not being selfish but actually would be hinting to selfishness....get real :wub: .....i find more and more people on this board who have opinions that are as worthless as the sh*t I just took....

1. I don't hate Favre

I wish there was a way to PRECLUDE your topic. :wub:

So basically what you are trying to say but are really too stupid to actually say it is anything brett favre does now a days is selfish or greedy....and if favre quit football today and joined the army or played the last year of his career for the minimum salary would in no way be connected to not being selfish but actually would be hinting to selfishness....get real :lol: .....i find more and more people on this board who have opinions that are as worthless as the sh*t I just took....

Sorry, but you don't know me, so you can't presume to know what I am trying to say or know if I'm stupid or not for that matter especially since you have about a 4th grade reading comprehension. Now since I know you can't understand what you read, I'll just come out and explain that this is sarcasm right now and save you the trouble of responding as if it were serious.

I appreciate your loyalty to the man, by the way. Most fans would throw guys under the bus for sucking as bad as Favre did last year, but since he played really great 10 years ago, you stick by your man. That's touching.

I'm dead serious in that I think he would retire and the reason why, but, yes, I was exagerrating about the 0-10 thing.

So, let's get this straight, for the record: Are you or are you not guaranteeing a Saints win week 2? :lol:

So, let's get this straight, for the record: Are you or are you not guaranteeing a Saints win week 2? :rolleyes:

38-3 Saints win. WRITE IT DOWN!!!!

First of all I said strike the Favre bashing from the record. Secondly, I don't need to know someone to form an opinion of their character. Thirdly, I know my boss wouldn't fire me, but when I want to take a vacation during a busy time, I don't say, "what are you going to do fire me?" because it's arrogant. Fourthly, he didn't come back because he loves the game, he came back to get piz-aid. If he loved the game so much he wouldn't have needed 4 months to decide to come back.

lol..... I have no opinion, but you did make me laugh.... but on a serious note If i'm not mistaken I think Favre is close to Marino's TD record I think he needs like 22 (not 100% on that) but that (career records) could come into play late in the season I know he passed Elway a few times last year for different records and i'm not sure where he stands in terms of who he's close to in others, but I'm sure if they're in reach he's going to want to stay on that field even if they're 3-10 or whatever record they have....

I can't picture that ~~> :unsure: if there's a record in his reach ESPECIALLY THAT TD ONE...

Good point. Favre has 396. Marino has 420. Since Favre is very selfish and greedy, I can see him trying for the record. (I kid, I kid)

they will end up benching brett and it will be more sad than if he retired.

This is what Favre said in Peter King's colum on Monday:

"I'm telling you, we're going to be OK. I know people will be surprised if we're 8-8. But who knows? This year may be better, it may not be. And if there comes a point in the season where it's like it was last year, I won't walk away, but I will totally understand if Mike says, 'We're going to look to the future.' That's fine. This thing has to be about our team, not about me.''