Sign in to follow this  
ElvisMcCoy

Drafted last night

12 man league 1 PPR & 1 PPC all TDs are 6pts. Rsh yds 1-10 Pass yds 1-25 Rec Yds 1-20

I thought it went well and I got some players late that I thought were good picks.

What do you think?

(3) L. Johnson RB

(22) D. McAllister RB

(27) H. Ward WR

(46) J. Walker WR

(51) D. Driver WR

(70) J. Delhomme QB

(75) Da. Clark TE

(94) C. Martin RB

(99) D. Brees QB

(118) J. Jurevicius WR

(123) Seattle DEF

(142) D. Rhodes RB

(147) B. Edwards WR

(166) New England DEF

(171) D. Graham TE

(190) J. Brown K

deuce at 22, when did the(619)go.(bush). love where u got martin,jurevicious,d.clark. mcallister is way 2 high at 22 as a stud wide out or safer back had to be around. pretty good job i think, u can start brees late in the season in the dome.

Other than LJ, your RBs are a MASH unit. McAllister was a reach in the 2nd and has some serious question marks coming off of injury, Martin is 33 years old and coming off injury, and Rhodes may not even be the starter in Indy come Week 1.

WRs look decent, but Walker was a bit of a reach in the 4th.

QBs should be ok.

Clark was a big reach in the 7th and a 2nd TE is kind of a waste...along with drafting 2 defenses.

All in all, it's ok.

im not gonna lie but i think you did pretty awful. walker-bust, delhomme-to ealry, duce-round 2!! are uo kidding? clark, ward, jurevicious to early.....

best pick was driver but he was risky with favre...

sorry-D+/C-

just my opinion......

12 man league 1 PPR & 1 PPC all TDs are 6pts. Rsh yds 1-10 Pass yds 1-25 Rec Yds 1-20

I thought it went well and I got some players late that I thought were good picks.

What do you think?

(3) L. Johnson RB

(22) D. McAllister RB

(27) H. Ward WR

(46) J. Walker WR

(51) D. Driver WR

(70) J. Delhomme QB

(75) Da. Clark TE

(94) C. Martin RB

(99) D. Brees QB

(118) J. Jurevicius WR

(123) Seattle DEF

(142) D. Rhodes RB

(147) B. Edwards WR

(166) New England DEF

(171) D. Graham TE

(190) J. Brown K

Two D? I hope this is a free league buddy.

It is a league that requires you keep a certain roster.

Believe me I would never carry 2 def 2 TE or 2 K if I wasn't made to do so.

Other than the Walker pick, I like this team. It would be nice to have nabbed a back with more pass catching potential but maybe that is what Rhodes is for. I'm curious to know what other receivers and running backs were available at the Walker pick?

with this team i hope the :doublethumbsup: were cold and tasty. At least that way it wasn't a total loss of three hours. Although, Dominique Rhodes may be the one pick keeping ya out of the cellar.

Best of Luck,

Bushwood

Other than the Walker pick, I like this team. It would be nice to have nabbed a back with more pass catching potential but maybe that is what Rhodes is for. I'm curious to know what other receivers and running backs were available at the Walker pick?

WRs taken Prior to my J Walker pick at 46 in this order.

S Smith - T Owens - L Fitz - T Holt - A Boldin - C Johnson -

M Harrison - R Moss - H Ward - C Chambers - R Wayne - San Moss -

D Jax - Plax Burress - And then my J Walker pick at 46

I stuck to my RB RB WR strategy and it turned out that these guys were my highest ranked at those positions.

It was an odd draft. S Smith & T Owens both went in the first.

WRs taken Prior to my J Walker pick at 46 in this order.

S Smith - T Owens - L Fitz - T Holt - A Boldin - C Johnson -

M Harrison - R Moss - H Ward - C Chambers - R Wayne - San Moss -

D Jax - Plax Burress - And then my J Walker pick at 46

I stuck to my RB RB WR strategy and it turned out that these guys were my highest ranked at those positions.

It was an odd draft. S Smith & T Owens both went in the first.

As others have pointed out, it really depends how big a factor Deuce is coming off his injury. Same can be said for Curtis. One of those two will have to produce pretty consistently to keep your team in the hunt. As for Walker, I don't like having to rely on a receiver coming off a knee injury but your other 2 receivers are solid. A selection of Roy Williams or Andre Johsnon might have been stronger there. I think if you can pick up a little waiver wire depth at Rb and Wr, you will likely be in the thick of things. :shocking:

Not trying to be a d!ck but where you went wrong was drafting MCcalister in the second and Going to much wr in the top 5 rds. You are weak at rb other then Larry which was a good pic at 3.

Also think you should have went rb in the 4th instead of Walker. Ward and Driver makes you decent at wr.

Not trying to be a d!ck but where you went wrong was drafting MCcalister in the second and Going to much wr in the top 5 rds. You are weak at rb other then Larry which was a good pic at 3.

Also think you should have went rb in the 4th instead of Walker. Ward and Driver makes you decent at wr.

Hindsight being 20/20 you are probably right. I got caught up in the WR feeding frenzy. They were flying off the board left and right man! Plus I had gone in with the idea of going RB RB WR WR .

This is my fun league so if I get my arse handed to me it's only my pride that is hurt.

Hindsight being 20/20 you are probably right. I got caught up in the WR feeding frenzy. They were flying off the board left and right man! Plus I had gone in with the idea of going RB RB WR WR .

This is my fun league so if I get my arse handed to me it's only my pride that is hurt.

Cool man Good luck and speaking of luck you never know in fantasy football your team could turn out to be good. ;)

two of your 1st 4 picks are guys coming off ACL tears, and you picked up a TE in the 7th round that shouldnt have gone until the 12th. But hey, youve got Larry Johnson and two very solid defenses, so I think you'll be in most games.

The only picks I like our LJ and Driver.

Javon Walker and Deuce McAllister are both players coming off of ACL surgery and both are skill position players that need to be able to have a burst and cut (what I'm saying is it wouldn't be such a problem if say we were talking about a QB (e.g. Palmer).

I drafted Edge the year after his ACL surgery and he struggled and was hurt still and missed some games.

The thing is it may not matter. If Larry Johnson performs at a freakish level like last year, he really only needs average production from the #2 to have a formidable team. Whether Deuce or Curtis or Dominic provides it is another story.

You took five players coming off of major surgery.

McCallister

Walker

Martin

Brees

Edwards

:ninja:

I like that you grabbed WRs that score TDs with your scoring system. I agree that Rhodes might save you.

*edited to note that there are five players, not four coming off of surgery

Duece in the 2nd and Walker in the 4th are bad value picks. Other than that, decent draft.

With 1 pt for 10 rush yds and 1 for 20 rec. yards you should have gone for more quality Rb's early though I think you may have lucked out w/ Rhodes in the 10th.

And what is PPC?

Nice team bro

How did you get L.J at three? I thought he was a lock for #1, #2.

I love the Martin pick

And Delhomme

3 Good W/R

I think your in good shape.

YOU ARE AN ELITE FANTASY DEITY! WE WORSHIP AT YOUR FEET!

:banana: Just thought I'd give you one rave review...

Overall, not a bad team. You certainly took some gambles and time will tell if they were worth it. If Cmart can pull one more decent year out, you should be ok.

And what is PPC?

Yikes, I kinda skimmed over that part. Gotta be point per carry. That's insanity. PPR helps WRs, but 1/20 receiving slams them right back down. So last years point totals would look something like...

Alexander - 745

Steve Smith - 253

Palmer - 389

Holy RB bias, Batman!

And what is PPC?

Could it be Points Per Completion? Helping raise QB value makes more sense...

Ouch. Your team looks a little rough. Hopefully LJ just blows up like everyone is expecting and you will be just fine.

I think Douche McSuckister is going to be fine. I know Bush is going to get his touches but I think Douche will still get his share.

Yikes, I kinda skimmed over that part. Gotta be point per carry. That's insanity. PPR helps WRs, but 1/20 receiving slams them right back down. So last years point totals would look something like...

Alexander - 745

Steve Smith - 253

Palmer - 389

Holy RB bias, Batman!

You need to seriously talk about the scoring in this league. What fun is a league where one position makes or breaks the season for any team. This doesn't reward anyone for putting together a solid balanced roster, it only matters what running backs you get. That being said, there had to be a better rb to take with your 2nd pick than Deuce. You do realize the ACL rule for RB's is fool proof. Deuce ain't going to be very good this year.

Could it be Points Per Completion? Helping raise QB value makes more sense...

If that's the case, it makes QBs score freakishly high instead of RBs...

Alexander - 385

S Smith - 253

Palmer - 734

i hate leagues with 1 rec points for every 20 yards as opposed to 10 - boring drafts 40 of the first 50 picks are usually running backs

I like the Larry Johnson pick, Hines Ward pick and Dominic Rhodes...and uh that's about it. You reached way too early up and down the board.

And what is PPC?

Points Per Crutch??? Maybe he's hoping for more ACL tears???

Deuce in the 2nd is a joke... and if WR started flying early, then there had to be other backs or get a better wide in the 2nd and pull a RB in the 3rd/4th...

Alot of your picks seem early... premature drafting can be treated... maybe start you draft late august???

Wow! It is a rather bizarre draft.

Johnson was a gift

Duece a disaster as he could have been had at least 2 rounds later

Ward is solid

Walker is a boom or bust. I feel a bit early and Rod 2 rounds later would have been better

Driver is a money pick in the 5th

Jake was 3 rounds early

Clark was 2 rounds early

Martin was a great snag in the 8th

Brees was a round early and i think Rivers would have been a better value in the 13th

Joe J. was early, though he will have a decent start to the season

Rhodes was a nice late pickup, but addai could easily move him aside by midseason

3 picks that i like. 1 doesnt really count because you had pick 3 and LJ fell to you. the 2 picks are jurevicous, he could do you well and at round 10 may have been a reach but probably not..good job. the second pick is rhodes in the 12th. im still confident that he will have the job to begin with.

other than that i think you messed it up. it is way early in the drafting season to have a draft so ill cut you some slack. maybe you didnt prepare(it looks that way). you started screwing off right off the bat by taking deuce. i know there had to be better RB's there at pick #22. walker at the end of the 4th? ouch...too early for a guy who is coming off ligament tear.

dallas clark at 7? after gates is gone id wait. once the top 3 TE are gone you better really wait. delhomme in the 6th...jesus man!

ok so i could bash every pick here but i wont. basically you just took guys earlier than you needed too. there must be a few teams here that love you cuz you hooked them up by passing on "lock" picks early. if i were you i woulda never drafted this early. i woulda not reached for these spares. and if i did draft this early and with those roster requirements(they suck btw), i woulda saved the 2DEF,2K,2TE for the last 6 rounds.

i hope you have some other leagues cuz you aint winning this one.

sorry.

You peaked with your Larry Johnson pick at #3.

Steep downhill decline from that point.

Good luck.

if i did draft this early and with those roster requirements(they suck btw), i woulda saved the 2DEF,2K,2TE for the last 6 rounds.

My thoughts exactly. BTW, where is your second K?

Way too early for McAllister but I think C-mart will surprise people this year. He will probably your RB2 early in the season.

I like your WR....Ward and Driver ....they will get you points on a constant basis.

Your QB's are solid and your TE is average.

You should be competitive.

Other than LJ, your team lacks players who could put up monster stats. If you want to win the league, you are going to have to be all over the prime waiver wire running back. Solid team, but it lacks upside.

:wall: damn :first: crap :doh: I read that early draft thread too late. :doh:

It appears I will have to call off the whole thing and redraft on August 12th oe later.

Thanks for the tips guys. This is just a fun league with some guys I used to work with years ago.

Again hindsight being 20/20 what most of you are saying makes perfect sense now.

I will use this insight in my money league draft LAST WEEK OF AUGUST. :lol:

I read that early draft thread too late. :blink:

It appears I will have to call off the whole thing and redraft on August 12th oe later.

Thanks for the tips guys. This is just a fun league with some guys I used to work with years ago.

Again hindsight being 20/20 what most of you are saying makes perfect sense now.

I will use this insight in my money league draft LAST WEEK OF AUGUST. :ninja:

:first: