Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Ok, how's this bad beat? 2 hands in a row. Same guy!

2,000 person Pokeroom freeroll. First few hands. Pot limit. I've got K,7 and everybody folds but one guy. Flop is a rainbow, 7,5,10 and I bet, he calls. Turn is a 7. So, I have trip 7's and top kicker. I bet, he raises, I reraise ... we end up all in. He shows a 7,2 ... I start singing, "Ha ha, fock you, fock you ..." river comes up a 5, we both have a boat ... split the pot.

Next hand (like 3rd of the tourney), I have pocket 7's ... and end up all in against the same guy, which I have now correctly pegged as playing too loose. He shows J,Q, unsuited.

Flop comes 9, 4, 3 ... turn 6 ... river Queen.

FOCK!

He was about 15% in the first one, and pre flop on the second hand about 35%.

:thumbsup:

I don't know how you calculate odds, but the preflop being 35% is not correct. Two over cards against a pocket pair is more along the lines of 55-45

Also you have to tell us how much you guys were betting so we can tell if he is getting pot odds. Thanks a bunch.

I don't know how you calculate odds, but the preflop being 35% is not correct. Two over cards against a pocket pair is more along the lines of 55-45

Also you have to tell us how much you guys were betting so we can tell if he is getting pot odds. Thanks a bunch.

I already mention it was pot limit. We were betting the pot, each had about 1500 in chips.

Ok, call it 42% preflop, still, by 4th street it was 22%.

is anybody else bored to tears by poker stories? wow. you had bad/good luck. in a game of chance. shocking.

It's an overcard. Higher than any card in the flop. Ok ... not TOP kicker ... but a VG kicker ... unless he has Ace, 7, I should win.

Aren't 7's supposed to be good luck?

I like how I asked for bet sizes and he says they just pot it every bet.  And he didn't realize overs vs a pair is a flip.  God he sucked at poker.

Remember in 2006 when everyone was a poker pro?  :cheers:

All the smart people know it's 80% luck

Nothing was worse than when the bored would get spammed with people posting bad beats.

I've got some big-o stories

4 hours ago, edjr said:

I would say 100%...

5 hours ago, edjr said:

The cards are luck for sure.  Bet sizing and knowing when to call, raise or fold are skill.  It isn't a coincidence that certain players win most of the time they play and others rarely cash out when they leave.