Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Draft discussion

I had Larry Johnson and Shaun Alexander in a dead heat in value. Alexander is the safe pick. Larry Johnson is the sexy pick. The Madden Curse forced me to pass on Alexander.

I had Larry Johnson and Shaun Alexander in a dead heat in value. Alexander is the safe pick. Larry Johnson is the sexy pick. The Madden Curse forced me to pass on Alexander.

So far in the 3 leagues I know where i am drafting (2 keepers) I wont be anywhere near this decision. If I was tho I'd go with Larry. Madden helps, but Larry is going to be huge!

Anyone think that Roaf's retirment could help boost Alexander to the one pick?

Personally, I think it is too soon to tell. Too many variables.

Tiki at 4 to a Giants fan. I didn't see that coming.

I have Tiki and Portis as 4a and 4b. That close, I'm goin with the homer pick. :banana:

Tiki at 4 to a Giants fan. I didn't see that coming.

:doh:

I dunno lots of decisions to make here, went with the guy who has proven himself year in year out, hopefully he can do it in Arizona, but with the stud Wr's why not :P

Ronnie or Cadillac. Took Ronnie because of Cadillac injury concerns

ok you are in just read the rules and go with the flow

and now we wait for clash :wall:

I know it's crazy to talk about value picks in the first....but I think Caddy is a value at 10. I think he will be a top 5 back. I was very happy to see him there at 10.

Heading out til about 2 Central time for some basketball...Swirv has my list still, not that he'l need to use it at all :blink:

Little surprised to see Fitz as the 1st WR taken, but I'm a big fan of drafting who you are high on....and not just going down the draft in order.

Kevin Jones in the 1rst huh? Wow that was early. Any way I took T.O with my second pick. He is unstoppable on the field. Hopefully he can shut his mouth enough to not get in trouble.

I grew up in Michigan and I still follow and root for the pathetic Lions. I don't trust Martz enough to give Jones the ball. I know he is not the head coach but we will see.

I am not a big fan of having a RB/WR from the same team, but I cannot pass up on talent like Torry Holt at this point. He is the best WR left on the board, the Rams schedule is pretty cake this year too.

I am not a big fan of having a RB/WR from the same team, but I cannot pass up on talent like Torry Holt at this point. He is the best WR left on the board, the Rams schedule is pretty cake this year too.

Absolutely agree. Good value here. :o

Unorthodox draft so far. Which isn't a bad thing.

Damn you Swirv!! I couldn't believe that Dom Davis was gonna come to me. :blink:

I'm not sure why - but in every mock draft and probably all 3 of my real drafts - I can never say the words "I draft Willis McGahee"

It's just never gonna happen.

Little surprised to see Fitz as the 1st WR taken, but I'm a big fan of drafting who you are high on....and not just going down the draft in order.

Yeah, he isn't going :thumbsup: overall usually, but he also wasn't coming back either.

Missed out on Moss by one pick, but very happy with CJ as a replacement. Would have liked Mcgahee here also.

Marvin Harrison and Jamal Lewis. I was a bit disappointed that Chad Johnson went one pick ahead of me. I had to settle for Jamal Lewis over a second WR or Gates as the drop off at RB is more severe than WR in the next 22 picks that will happen before I pick again, and for me it's too early for the first TE or 2nd QB off the board.

I will draft willis.....and be happy about it.

He's the best RB in the league. :thumbsup: Just ask him.

I think a top 3 pick is very strong this year. You get one of the Big 3 RB's and then moss, harrison or the chad.... That's pretty strong.

Not only that but you get the rebound right around the corner. Then you have Gates, another good WR or semi risky running back. Iam not very happy with picking 9th in a money league in 3 weeks.

chester taylor 3.2 - torn between him and Dunn. Went with the guy I thought had more upside, but more risk also, kind of a homer pick but I do think the revamped o-line and coaching staff is going to help the running game bigtime in MN. Was targeting Lewis here but he didn't make it thanks to phillybear :thumbsup:

Who is picking for fantasy master? I want to get this pick in shortly. I am next. I need to drive to visit my cousin. I can leave someone my next pick after this. It will be coming up soon.

I think a top 3 pick is very strong this year. You get one of the Big 3 RB's and then moss, harrison or the chad.... That's pretty strong.

Yeah I like the top 5 spots a lot this year

Guys, I'm back..thanks for making the picks for me. I should be on and off for the rest of the afternoon now.