Sign in to follow this  
Exit 160

my team this year

I know I know, so prematurely. Way too early to have the draft. But what do you guys think of this team.

2 starting RB

2 wr

1 qb

1 te

1 d

QB - Palmer, Brunnel, Favre

RB - Portis, Willie parker, Reggie Bush, Thomas Jones, Mewelde Moore

WR - Santana Moss, Dereck Mason, Joe Jerevisous, Keyshawn

TE - Tony Gonzales

K - Feely

D - Giants

Not a great draft. QB situation is questionable. If Palmer is back to 100% then you will ok there. RB is decent, but not great. I expect Portis to have a better year than last year so he is a good pick. Willie Parker will be ok if he can at least match last years stats. But if Duce Staley is back fully he may steal carries. Reggie Bush could end up being a great pickup, but only time will tell how he will work in that situation. Receivers are a bit weak. I like Santana Moss. But with Portis on the team as well you run the risk of getting minimal points if Washington gets shut down by a defense. Mason may or may not have a good year. Jeruvisous and Keyshaun are old. The Panthers have proved that they can do well just passing to Steve Smith. All Keyshaun is going to do is draw a DB off of Smith. Then it will be easier for Smith to get more catches. Tony Gonzales is a decent pick if he is used as a receiver this year and not a blocker. With Larry Johnson running the ball in KC, Gonzales may be doing a lot of blocking this year. And like Keyshaun, Gonzales may spend a lot of time as a decoy, taking one defender out of the play. The Giants Defense isnt rated real high from what I have seen. Feely is a decent kicker.

Overall, your teams looks ok but has several question marks. If Palmer, Parker, Portis and Moss have years at least as good as last year you might be alright. I expect that they will. And if Bush ends up being a huge part of the offense for the Saints, you will doing real well. May be able to trade a RB to improve your WR situation.

Good luck.

Thank you.

Duece gained allot of weight and with Bettis out of the picture, Parker will have a chance to shine. Gonzalez and Santana are blue chip stocks. Mason is a high risk high reward. but at least I got feely as my kicker :doh:

Not a great draft. QB situation is questionable. If Palmer is back to 100% then you will ok there. RB is decent, but not great. I expect Portis to have a better year than last year so he is a good pick. Willie Parker will be ok if he can at least match last years stats. But if Duce Staley is back fully he may steal carries. Reggie Bush could end up being a great pickup, but only time will tell how he will work in that situation. Receivers are a bit weak. I like Santana Moss. But with Portis on the team as well you run the risk of getting minimal points if Washington gets shut down by a defense. Mason may or may not have a good year. Jeruvisous and Keyshaun are old. The Panthers have proved that they can do well just passing to Steve Smith. All Keyshaun is going to do is draw a DB off of Smith. Then it will be easier for Smith to get more catches. Tony Gonzales is a decent pick if he is used as a receiver this year and not a blocker. With Larry Johnson running the ball in KC, Gonzales may be doing a lot of blocking this year. And like Keyshaun, Gonzales may spend a lot of time as a decoy, taking one defender out of the play. The Giants Defense isnt rated real high from what I have seen. Feely is a decent kicker.

Overall, your teams looks ok but has several question marks. If Palmer, Parker, Portis and Moss have years at least as good as last year you might be alright. I expect that they will. And if Bush ends up being a huge part of the offense for the Saints, you will doing real well. May be able to trade a RB to improve your WR situation.

Good luck.

Thank you.

Gonzalez and Santana are blue chip stocks. . but at least I got feely as my kicker :doh:

Thats something to be happy about. For a 10 teamer this is pretty crappy.

Gonzalez blue chip?

3QBs?

Weak RBs, better hope T. Jones is traded

weak running back? Should I trade Portis, Staley will not replace Bettis. Parker will shine

I picked 3 qb's because Brunnel and Palmer are slightly hurt.

Thats something to be happy about. For a 10 teamer this is pretty crappy.

Gonzalez blue chip?

3QBs?

Weak RBs, better hope T. Jones is traded

I know I know, so prematurely. Way too early to have the draft. But what do you guys think of this team.

2 starting RB

2 wr

1 qb

1 te

1 d

TE - Tony Gonzales

K - Feely

D - Giants

Portis is your only stud, in a 10 teamer thats not good. You must be a redskins fan or something. Sorry not sold on midget Moss and Tony G will be doing alot of blocking again with Roaf retired.

I think you got your 3rd/4th RBs and your TE when you should have been taking better starting WRs.

Your draft was OK I guess.... but for Chrisakes find a league that drafts a little later....would ya please? :P

weak running back? Should I trade Portis, Staley will not replace Bettis. Parker will shine

I picked 3 qb's because Brunnel and Palmer are slightly hurt.

Love when someone asks for opinions on their team in the wrong forum and then get all defensive when people rip on the team. It would be interesting to see what round you took these guys, assuming Portis was 1st pick. Would love to see whole draft of this 10 team league so we could see which team dominated.

Love when someone asks for opinions on their team in the wrong forum and then get all defensive when people rip on the team. It would be interesting to see what round you took these guys, assuming Portis was 1st pick. Would love to see whole draft of this 10 team league so we could see which team dominated.

I'd like to see either the whole draft or simply where you took your guys. I don't see anyone I'd consider a 2nd/3rd round pick in a 10 teamer. It almost looks like you traded those picks away?

2 starting RB

2 wr

1 qb

1 te

1 d

QB - Palmer2, Brunnel9, Favre10

RB - Portis1, Willie parker3, Reggie Bush6, Thomas Jones8, Mewelde Moore14

WR - Santana Moss4, Dereck Mason7, Joe Jerevisous12, Keyshawn13

TE - Tony Gonzales5

K - Feely11

D - Giants15

my best guess for what round he took these guys...

how close am i???

I was 4rth pick in a ten team league. no way Parker would have still been there in the 3rd.

1 - portis

2 - parker

3 - moss

4 - gates

5 - mason

and so forth

my best guess for what round he took these guys...

how close am i???

I was 4rth pick in a ten team league. no way Parker would have still been there in the 3rd.

1 - portis

2 - parker

3 - moss

4 - gates

5 - mason

and so forth

So, you have Gates, too?

2 starting RB

2 wr

1 qb

1 te

1 d

TE - Tony Gonzales

K - Feely

D - Giants

I think this is a horrible draft. Who did you take with your 2nd round pick? It's like it is missing or something. If you had Harrison or Holt and didn't have Keyshawn this lineup would make more sense in a 10 team league. I would give you a D. Better hope Palmer works out. I would drop both Favre and Brunell and pick up some RB or WR prospects, such as Wilford, G. Jones, P. Johnson, Gado, Moats.

2 starting RB

2 wr

1 qb

1 te

1 d

TE - Tony Gonzales

K - Feely

D - Giants

Not a bad team for a 14 or 16 teamer, but a 10!!! :banana: :banana: I'd have to see the other teams in this league, but I'd say barring some great waiver wire pickups or trades, you are in for a very rough season...sorry, just my honest opinion

1 - portis

2 - parker

3 - moss

4 - gates

5 - mason

and so forth

sorry dude, for a 10 teamer its pretty bad.. you reached a lot and i mean a lot in the 2nd, 3rd round and 5th round. I think here is where i see your mistake. you had projections for these players, and drafted them where you thought they will finish at the endof the year, to which they very well maybe. but the art to having a successful draft is to draft value. which means, that you may think that mason will end up with stats that would warrant 5th round selection but his current value lets say is 8th. So what you want to do is wait for mason until he is a lost closer to his current value to pick him. Then when he puts up 5th round numbers, he will be steal in the 8th round and you look like a genius. The main problem when you come across by drafting on your projections vs value is that if you are wrong.. you will not be happy camper during the season.

2 starting RB

2 wr

1 qb

1 te

1 d

TE - Tony Gonzales

K - Feely

D - Giants

that is one ugly team, how much $$$ did you donate to the league???

It wouldn't be so bad if it was a 16 team league.

FYI, Parker is going to have the exact same role as last year. As a Steeler fanboy, I think you and many others are overestimating the role that Bettis played last year.

Parker was a huge reach in the 2nd round. I agree that it seems like your 2nd round pick is missing...

Good luck with the waiver wire.

In a PPR, you'd compete. Mason will put up a lot of catches. Bush would be more valuable as well. Non-PPR, you'll have to scour the waiver wire to get help at WR. You'll be battling uphill all year if you don't improve there.

For a 10-team league, this lineup doesn’t cut it. I consider this team a collection of thrombosed external hemorrhoids.

1 - portis

2 - parker

3 - moss

4 - gates

5 - mason

and so forth

Portis= ADP 1.04- good pick

Parker= ADP 3.07- awful pick

Moss= ADP 4.08- awful pick

Gonzalez= ADP 5.03- right spot I just don't like him w/ Roaf out

Mason= ADP 6.09- awful pick

The others are right it doesn't look like you got a 2nd rnd pick. The problem is you over valued Parker & Moss and that means you missed out on a good RB#2 or top flight receiver. And if Parker would really have been gone in the 2nd than there would be an even higher rated RB left for you in the 3rd.

I admire your courage for putting this out there for all to critique. I'm afraid I'd have to agree with most everyone that you missed the boat too often in terms of conventional wisdom. I'd be curious to know who all you passed up to take FWP and Moss.

However, the thing about FF is that you never know. Last year, nobody thought Steve Smith would end up the top WR in the league, or that Tom Brady and Carson Palmer would outscore Peyton Manning. Maybe you'll get lucky this year and look brilliant in retrospect.

Good luck.

I think this is a horrible draft. Who did you take with your 2nd round pick? It's like it is missing or something. If you had Harrison or Holt and didn't have Keyshawn this lineup would make more sense in a 10 team league. I would give you a D. Better hope Palmer works out. I would drop both Favre and Brunell and pick up some RB or WR prospects, such as Wilford, G. Jones, P. Johnson, Gado, Moats.

Yup you better go get Moats :wub:

that team is azz.....if portis went down you might not win a game...you see more azz on that squad then on a vickys secret mag....for a 12 teamer it would still be a lil under average..to tell you the truth if i had to watch that mess all year, i wold probally beat the wife and kick the dog each sunday in advance for the azz whipping i was going to recieve every sunday..........and when did fwp become a 2nd rd. pick in a 10 teamer, he shouldnt be a 2nd rounder in a 12 man league......total GARGABE just being honest...

and you wont have to worry about doing this :banana: anytime soon..

that is a very very very very bad team. even in a 12 team league that would have been a garbage team. Given i did draft in the third slot which is probably the best slot to pick from in a 12 team league i would have dominated that team. I got my hands on tomlinson, owens, boldin, bledsoe, dunn, heath miller. you gotta do yourself a favor next time you draft and look for value rather then to reach for players like you have. I live in pittsburgh and willie parker would have been a good pick in maybe round 4 or 5 in a 10 team league. You must be a beginner, but you have to start somewhere. nobody became an expert on their first time playing FF

Rather than repeat what others are saying (which I happen to agree with) I will defend you a little. Middle first round is usually a difficult place to draft IMO, and certainly this year. There's a wide range of opinions regarding which RB should fall at 4/5/6 and though Portis is pretty much at the top of that list, there really isn't a lot of consensus yet. If your league drafted RB heavy in the 1st and 2nd then I could see how you might have a handful of RB's at 2.06 which would be less than spectacular 2nd RB's (including Parker). Moss might not have been a "reach" if there was a tremendous run at WR between 2.06 and 3.04 but you definitely passed up some high value RB at 3.04 then.

If you didn't reach for your 2nd, 3rd, 4th picks you're certainly guilty of getting caught at the back end of a run at each pick. I'd be interested to see your draft. That would probably help determine what kind of value you left on the table.

Having said all this, you NEVER know. The season never turns out as we think preseason so you've still got a good shot. Good luck!

I won't add insult to injury by saying this team sucks. FF is a game of preference. If you like your players then good for you.

I posted a team I drafted in a 12 man league that included the likes of Larry Johnson, D Rhodes, Duece Mac, C dillon, C Mart, Hines Ward, Javon Walker, Donald Driver, D Brees, J Delhomme. I was very pleased with this team and my draft as I feel there is some proven talent and some guys that have something to prove. Upside IMO is tremendous.

Well I got slammed by everyone on this bored. So you kno what. My preferences don't match everyone elses. Fock It! I'm happy with it and the rest of them can Fock Off!

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........''...\.......... _.·´

............\..............(

..............\.............\....