Laptoppers?

Finger pad, mouse or stick thingy?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use?

• Finger pad
    • External Mouse
    • Stick thingy
    • Other?

I've had a laptop at home that had the little stick thingy - hated that. I've had/have one with the little finger-pad thing at the base of the laptop - and I'm trying my best to force myself to use it, but I'm still kind of a mouse guy at heart. - Things like scrolling a page up and down and page/up-down seem easier with a mouse. So, what do YOU use?

I use the slidy finger pad when traveling, but plug in an optical USB mouse when not.

I use the slidy finger pad when traveling, but plug in an optical USB mouse when not.

Yep. I bought an Apple iBook G4 in January - taught myself all the shortcuts so it'd be easier to use w/out a mouse.

Yep. I bought an Apple iBook G4 in January - taught myself all the shortcuts so it'd be easier to use w/out a mouse.

Same here - I use the slidey finger pad thing, but I know all the shortcuts.

Travelling all the time with an external mouse would've been a pain in the ass so I just got used to the finger pad thing and the shortcuts.

When out of the office, I always use a wireless, optical mouse. And not the little travel ones from Belkin, those are as bad as the stick or pad.

It builds up the stamina and muscles on the fingers and you can finger you woman like a champ! :banana:

foreplay is for f@gs... :banana:

Pity bump for wiffle's no-reply thread. :(

appreciated. :thumbsup:

My only real problem with the pad is when you have to page up/down on a screen. I wish they had some short-cut for that.

Finger pad, although I much prefer to use a mouse... I'm used to it now, though.

It's harder for me to be without the numeric key pad off to the right on my laptop. I hate using the numbers along the top.

My only real problem with the pad is when you have to page up/down on a screen. I wish they had some short-cut for that.

My HP has a strip right next to the finger pad that allows me to scroll a window up and down, but I still prefer the external mouse.

Mac's recognize two fingers for scrolling up and down and side to side. :thumbsup:

I like to finger it. But I plug in a mouse when I can.

I don't really need to know your anal habits. HTH

My fingertips get sore if I use the touchpad for too long. But usually it's all I got. Otherwise I'd plug in a mouse.

Used to rent an IBM Thinkpad that had the red button in the middle of the keyboard. I liked that better than the touchpad.

I guess I am the only one that uses the red nubbin' :sleep:

I have tried them all and here is my preference:

1. Touch pad

2. Nubbin

3. Mouse

I guess I am the only one that uses the red nubbin' :)

I have tried them all and here is my preference:

1. Touch pad

2. Nubbin

3. Mouse

I like the nubbin best of the 3 when using laptops. However, my Toshiba Satellite doesn't have it. B)