Sign in to follow this  
www.kyleortonfans.com

Week 1 Sleepers

Lets get ready for week one. OK I'll start!

Arizona D/ST vs. SF

J. Nedney @ Arizona

M Jones vs Dallas. Roy Williams is always coming up to far, which opens up man coverage on the outside. I expect MJ to hook up for some big plays. None of Dallas' corners will be able to matchup with him.

QB -

Plummer @ STL

Warner vs SF

RB -

Jets RB @ TEN

Bears RB @ GB

Bronco RB @ STL

WR -

Burleson @ DET (possibly Engram as well)

Coles @ TEN

Stallworth @ HOU

A Bryant @ ARI

Defense -

Browns vs NO

Jets @ TEN

Trent Green at home against the Bengals. Everyone is talking about the run game in KC, but this game is poised to be a shoot out, especially if they fall behind.

Brandon Jacobs. The Giants/Colts game is going to be fun to watch. The Manning Bro's may have a little rivalry going in what could be a high scoring game. Jacobs could see a few goal line carries.

Drew Brees at Oakland. People seem to forget how good he played last year. Stallworth is no big loss and Oakland is pathetic.

McNair, Mason, Heap, Lewis at Tampa Bay. Baltimore is poised to possibly be the most improved team this year and TB D isn't that good any more.

Trent Green at home against the Bengals. Everyone is talking about the run game in KC, but this game is poised to be a shoot out, especially if they fall behind.

Brandon Jacobs. The Giants/Colts game is going to be fun to watch. The Manning Bro's may have a little rivalry going in what could be a high scoring game. Jacobs could see a few goal line carries.

Drew Brees at Oakland. People seem to forget how good he played last year. Stallworth is no big loss and Oakland is pathetic.

McNair, Mason, Heap, Lewis at Tampa Bay. Baltimore is poised to possibly be the most improved team this year and TB D isn't that good any more.

Ummm, Drew Brees plays against CLE week one. :headbanger:

QB -

Plummer @ STL

Warner vs SF

RB -

Jets RB @ TEN

Bears RB @ GB

Bronco RB @ STL

WR -

Burleson @ DET (possibly Engram as well)

Coles @ TEN

Stallworth @ HOU

A Bryant @ ARI

Defense -

Browns vs NO

Jets @ TEN

Warner is definitely not a sleeper especially when playing against the 49ers. Neither is Plummer for that matter. And Den Rb's a sleeper? Please. Maybe if you pick one or if you say Cobbs but to say Den Rb's. :headbanger: Who playing FF doesnt know that the Den running game has consistently been one of the best in the league.

Rest of the list is decent.

Ummm, Drew Brees plays against CLE week one. :headbanger:

My bad. You are correct. I would still keep him on this list though.

:headbanger: :D :huh:

Did I miss something here ?

Deshaun Foster vs ATL

Two of his three 100yd games came against that horrible run D last year, and they won't be much better this year. 24/131/1 and 18/165/1 They allowed 130ypg last year on the ground, and 18 rushing TD's.

Then trade him before he gets hurt! :headbanger:

Nate Burleson vs Detroit (The Lions will throw eveything they`ve got at stopping Alexander and Burleson will be the beneficiary)

Antonio Bryant vs Arizona (The 49ers will have to throw to keep up, and lots of those passes will go to Bryant)

Warner is definitely not a sleeper especially when playing against the 49ers. Neither is Plummer for that matter. And Den Rb's a sleeper? Please. Maybe if you pick one or if you say Cobbs but to say Den Rb's. :dunno: Who playing FF doesnt know that the Den running game has consistently been one of the best in the league.

Rest of the list is decent.

Warner and Plummer were a bit of a reach I know. I was just throwing it out there. Take it or leave it.

How about Frye (CLE)? Let's face it if you are looking for DEEP sleepers in week one, you suck at drafting.

By the way, I said "Bronco RB" because we don't know who it will be right now.

Deshaun Foster vs ATL

Two of his three 100yd games came against that horrible run D last year, and they won't be much better this year. 24/131/1 and 18/165/1 They allowed 130ypg last year on the ground, and 18 rushing TD's.

Then trade him before he gets hurt! :banana:

I beg to differ with this statement. First, how is Deshaun Foster a sleeper? He is consistently picked in the 3rd to 4th rounds. And, the Atlanta D is not going to be horrible against the run this year. They added Grady Jackson at nose tackle to clog the middle, which should give their LBs more opportunity to stuff the run. Dont forget the presence of John Abraham. And new safeties Lawyer Milloy and Chris Crocker will be much better in run support as well. Defensive statistics from last year are pretty much worthless when applied to the coming season, especially in today's NFL when so much changes from year to year.

WHy would we list sleepers for week 1?....and use them???

all of your studs should be healthy......you play your studs....

I dont get it....

WHy would we list sleepers for week 1?....and use them???

all of your studs should be healthy......you play your studs....

I dont get it....

Some of us are in league that are actually competitive and you don't get Manning, LJ, Tiki, Holt and Boldin. If you're in a remotely competitive 12 man league you don't have "studs" at every position, odds are your #1 RB and #1WR are set, but the other guys can be debatable based on matchups. If you have a 3rd round RB and a 5th round RB, or a 4th round WR and a 6th round WR, it's not clear cut 100% of the time which guy is better in a given week like it is in your 6 man Yahoo league.

Some of us are in league that are actually competitive and you don't get Manning, LJ, Tiki, Holt and Boldin. If you're in a remotely competitive 12 man league you don't have "studs" at every position, odds are your #1 RB and #1WR are set, but the other guys can be debatable based on matchups. If you have a 3rd round RB and a 5th round RB, or a 4th round WR and a 6th round WR, it's not clear cut 100% of the time which guy is better in a given week like it is in your 6 man Yahoo league.

Good answer :thumbsup:

Let's all remember that we see anything from 8-14 team leages here......Sometimes you have to prompt for more info before making assumptions.

Sammie Parker in the shootout at Arrowhead

Samie is indeed a good sleeper pick for week 1 if it does turn into a shootout. Though i could really see Edwards call run, run and run to get Palmer and co. off the field.

I beg to differ with this statement. First, how is Deshaun Foster a sleeper? He is consistently picked in the 3rd to 4th rounds. And, the Atlanta D is not going to be horrible against the run this year. They added Grady Jackson at nose tackle to clog the middle, which should give their LBs more opportunity to stuff the run. Dont forget the presence of John Abraham. And new safeties Lawyer Milloy and Chris Crocker will be much better in run support as well. Defensive statistics from last year are pretty much worthless when applied to the coming season, especially in today's NFL when so much changes from year to year.

His ADP is 4th round for 12-teamers, which likely means that unless you start a flex spot, he's a bench player behind two starters. Bench players = sleepers to me.

Will ATL defense be improved? Well sure, how could they not be. Of course things change from year to year. But if you're telling me that you think four new starters on D are going to suddenly play well together as a team in week 1...well, I'm not buying it. It will take time to get that unit to play well as a team.

Abraham is a pass rusher, and Milloy and Crocker will be deep because of Carolina's passing game.

Maybe you're an ATL homer, you sound like you follow them. I'm not in here saying ATL is going to suck on D all year. I'm only here stating that I think owners of D.Foster should consider putting him in their starting lineups in week 1. And just like things change from one year to the next...things change from week to week as well. So don't take it as a slam against ATL....past week 1 anyway.

His ADP is 4th round for 12-teamers, which likely means that unless you start a flex spot, he's a bench player behind two starters. Bench players = sleepers to me.

Will ATL defense be improved? Well sure, how could they not be. Of course things change from year to year. But if you're telling me that you think four new starters on D are going to suddenly play well together as a team in week 1...well, I'm not buying it. It will take time to get that unit to play well as a team.

Abraham is a pass rusher, and Milloy and Crocker will be deep because of Carolina's passing game.

Maybe you're an ATL homer, you sound like you follow them. I'm not in here saying ATL is going to suck on D all year. I'm only here stating that I think owners of D.Foster should consider putting him in their starting lineups in week 1. And just like things change from one year to the next...things change from week to week as well. So don't take it as a slam against ATL....past week 1 anyway.

I am not an ATL homer. I am actually a TB fan. I just think that the Atlanta defense is going to be much improved this year, especially against the run. I dont think the Atlanta safeties will be back covering the Carolina receivers all game either. Deangelo Hall is a really good cornerback, and should be able to stay with Steve Smith :doublethumbsup: And Keyshawn Johnson is not scaring anyone deep. While I kind of agree with you when you say that Deshaun Foster is a good starter for week 1, dont be surprised if he does not get 100 yards or a TD.

Deshaun Foster vs ATL

Then trade him before he gets hurt! :doublethumbsup:

Atl added Abraham, Jackson, to go with Kerney and Coleman. A pretty solid front 4 now.

I think they will be better against the run this year.

Arizona D/ST vs. SF
I waited to get a defense in one of my leagues and all the decent ones were gone, so I picked up Arizona because of their week 1 matchup. I plan on just using whichever team has the best matchup each week.

I waited to get a defense in one of my leagues and all the decent ones were gone, so I picked up Arizona because of their week 1 matchup. I plan on just using whichever team has the best matchup each week.

I'm using that strategy, also. I like Arizona week 1 and STL week 2. I plan on using the team(s) playing either SF, GB, or Houston every week. I took Dallas in the 14th and Arizona in the 15th hoping that Dallas would be this year's Indy D/ST. Not sure if that will happen, but i'll hold on to them for a while to find out.