Sign in to follow this  
DrJ

Bears 34, Lions 3

;)

If the defense plays the way they did last week, it will be a competitive, low-scoring slugfest.

Congratulations on rolling over the 1-AA Green Bay Packers. It won't be so easy this week.

I think it's possible for the Lions to neutralize the Bears' sometimes enemic offense, so the 34 may be a bit too optimistic.

I'd say something to the tune of 21 - 10 would be more in line. The 8.5 line, however, will be covered.

I thought this was supposed to be a FF talk site?? Why is this turning into the Lions will beat the Bears, no the Bears will beat the Lions conversation?? :dunno:

:dunno:

If the defense plays the way they did last week, it will be a competitive, low-scoring slugfest.

Congratulations on rolling over the 1-AA Green Bay Packers. It won't be so easy this week.

Congratulations on Shaun Rogers beating 1-AA lineman Prokclaw Womack all day long, but Hasselbeck still had 144 yards passing in the first and 210 on the game.

You guys act like you were the reincarnation of the Tampa defense or something. Rest assured, you'll see what a real defense looks like this Sunday.

Congratulations on Shaun Rogers beating 1-AA lineman Prokclaw Womack all day long, but Hasselbeck still had 144 yards passing in the first and 210 on the game.

You guys act like you were the reincarnation of the Tampa defense or something. Rest assured, you'll see what a real defense looks like this Sunday.

All I'm saying is Detroit's Defense > Green Bay's Defense.

The Lions are going to have to play very very well to win. I think they keep it competitive.

WTF are you smoking???? Did you not see the Lions D handle the defending NFC champs last week? Chicago has no offense so there won't be much to defend this week. My guess Detroit 17 - Chicago 10. (the 1 TD will be by the defense)

er, the tampa defense gave up 27 points last week. the lions gave up 2 field goals to a super bowl team. so i'd agree with you that the lions aren't a reincarnation of the tampa defense :P

WTF are you smoking???? Did you not see the Lions D handle the defending NFC champs last week? Chicago has no offense so there won't be much to defend this week. My guess Detroit 17 - Chicago 10. (the 1 TD will be by the defense)

As a matter of fact, I watched it last night. Detroit was closer to giving up 42 than they were to scoring it, I'll tell you that much. And giving up 144 yards of passing in the first half isn't exactly my definitely of "handling" anyone, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Detroit has been quietly putting a quality defense together for the last few years. Nobody has noticed because their offense was so bad that they would get worn out every game because they were on the field most of the time. They have purged themselves of a lot of players that were poison, talented guys without character and have a hard working if unspectacular looking roster at this point. That is the hot new trend throughout the league and while it may not lead to a lot of victories, it does tend to lead to closer scores for some reason. Guys that aren't egotistical superstars in their own mind seem to play harder when things aren't going great and they are more team oriented. That is something they didn't have with all of those 1st round WR busts.

Considering they also have new schemes on both sides of the ball I expect to see them get better from here on out. Kitna is pretty good at taking care of the ball too, I don't see them throwing 3 INT's, maybe punting a lot but not making stupid turnovers that lead to easy points.

Grossman is the most overrated 1st year player ever, because that is about how much real experience he has. Do not fool yourself into thinking that GB's defense (or any part of that team) is a legitimate opponent to anyone other than the Raiders right now. GB is just bad and I am not talking about they will come around bad, they are terrible and the only good thing that comes out of this season is they will be able to fix their running game by drafting Adrian Petersen, though they won't for some reason. And don't forget that Detroit just kept the single season TD rusher of all time to 51 yds as well as kept Hasselbeck out of the endzone. Grossman couldn't carry Hasselbeck's jock without getting a sports hernia.

No way in hell that Chicago outscores them by 14, I see it being more like 17-13 with a mistake late in the game being the difference either way. The only real advantage I see is that Lovie knows Martz's offense very well. I actually think that one team has a great return to set up the go ahead score, I love both return teams.

I thought this was supposed to be a FF talk site?? Why is this turning into the Lions will beat the Bears, no the Bears will beat the Lions conversation?? :first:

You will never see a Lions fan start one of these threads. We have quite a bit more class and better things to do with our time. What we have on this site is a couple Bears fans who have an almost psychotic obsession with the Detroit Lions. I think it all ties back to Jim McMahon and the Superbowl Shuffle.

BTW: at what point did I fall into an episode of the Twilight Zone where the Bears can put up 34 points? There is no way the Bears DEF (as great as it is) is going to score 4 TD's. Everyone knows the offense isn't capable of putting up more then 10 so I think you guys are reaching a bit. The Lions might not win but the Care Bears aren't going to put up 34 points against ANYONE this season.

Worst case scenario... 20-10 Bears

Probable oucome... 17-7 Lions

:dunno:

Lions fans are so pathetic. You know they reached their peak in week one but you just don't want to admit it. Seatle was in your redzone 5 times. They should have scored at least 2 or 3 tds. You didn't almost win that game, Seattle almost lost it. Plus your offense looked terrible. Once Kitna started getting heat he reverted to form. Look for the Bear's to hold his feet to the fire all day. I would say , 3 interceptions is not unreasonable. Then the Bear's will just wear out your D until the TD's start coming to Jones and Benson. Look for Grossman to toss one or two more. Final score, 31-3. Believe it. :dunno:

What we have on this site is a couple Bears fans who have an almost psychotic obsession with the Detroit Lions.

:thumbsdown:

Nobody has a pyschotic obsession with the Detroit Lions. :(

Nobody is upset about your 7 winning seasons in 45 years and your one playoff victory over the same span. :doh:

You have one poster who is a lions fan (although living very far away from Detroit) who has been a pyschotic a-hole in Bears threads for years. Of course, he gets some attention.

Nobody cares about the Lions. They are no one's rival.

Nobody cares about Lions fans. I can't name a single one except for Sampdog.

HTH :doublethumbsup:

Seatle was in your redzone 5 times. They should have scored at least 2 or 3 tds.

Exactly - like I said, maybe Roy should look at the tape again because it was Seattle that was the one close to putting up 42. Perhaps he was confused about which team he was on because of those ugly black abominations they were wearing.

You will never see a Lions fan start one of these threads.

I guess 45 years of suck will do that to you...

Exactly - like I said, maybe Roy should look at the tape again because it was Seattle that was the one close to putting up 42. Perhaps he was confused about which team he was on because of those ugly black abominations they were wearing.

I guess 45 years of suck will do that to you...

the bears have sucked for the last 4 decades too, pal. you thump your chest over 1985 worse than steeler, cowboy, and 9er fans--fans who really do have a right to thump their chests. the bears have woefully sucked over that time period as well. it's a free focking tip. so get off your high horse before snl starts skewering your delusional azzes once again.

Detroit has been quietly putting a quality defense together for the last few years. Nobody has noticed because their offense was so bad that they would get worn out every game because they were on the field most of the time. They have purged themselves of a lot of players that were poison, talented guys without character and have a hard working if unspectacular looking roster at this point. That is the hot new trend throughout the league and while it may not lead to a lot of victories, it does tend to lead to closer scores for some reason. Guys that aren't egotistical superstars in their own mind seem to play harder when things aren't going great and they are more team oriented. That is something they didn't have with all of those 1st round WR busts.

Considering they also have new schemes on both sides of the ball I expect to see them get better from here on out. Kitna is pretty good at taking care of the ball too, I don't see them throwing 3 INT's, maybe punting a lot but not making stupid turnovers that lead to easy points.

Grossman is the most overrated 1st year player ever, because that is about how much real experience he has. Do not fool yourself into thinking that GB's defense (or any part of that team) is a legitimate opponent to anyone other than the Raiders right now. GB is just bad and I am not talking about they will come around bad, they are terrible and the only good thing that comes out of this season is they will be able to fix their running game by drafting Adrian Petersen, though they won't for some reason. And don't forget that Detroit just kept the single season TD rusher of all time to 51 yds as well as kept Hasselbeck out of the endzone. Grossman couldn't carry Hasselbeck's jock without getting a sports hernia.

No way in hell that Chicago outscores them by 14, I see it being more like 17-13 with a mistake late in the game being the difference either way. The only real advantage I see is that Lovie knows Martz's offense very well. I actually think that one team has a great return to set up the go ahead score, I love both return teams.

When they bite this hard DrJ, you know they're going to run with your line. Let the reel spin at first, tire them out, and then slowly bring them back to the boat. This one's a fighter so try not to let him off the hook. You could see a long and entertaining fight to reel this one in.

the bears have sucked for the last 4 decades too, pal. you thump your chest over 1985 worse than steeler, cowboy, and 9er fans--fans who really do have a right to thump their chests. the bears have woefully sucked over that time period as well. it's a free focking tip. so get off your high horse before snl starts skewering your delusional azzes once again.

They won the division last year and in 2001.

They have more than one playoff victory over the last half century, too.

Detroit has sucked donkey ballz for 50 years. That's why they don't start any threads. (Not because they're "classy" :banana: )

That's all he was saying.

I think you read fine, sampy; it's the comprehension part that is so tough. :pointstosky:

Guest MUGS
donhaas Today, 05:50 PM Post #22

FF Geek

HTH

Not even Millen :ninja:

Nobody has a pyschotic obsession with the Detroit Lions. :huh:

Nobody is upset about your 7 winning seasons in 45 years and your one playoff victory over the same span. ;)

You have one poster who is a lions fan (although living very far away from Detroit) who has been a pyschotic a-hole in Bears threads for years. Of course, he gets some attention.

HTH :dunno:

Well Bears and Pack fans must consider it a pretty big rivalry considering every piece of Lions news gets posted by a Bear or Pack fan long before a Lion fan. You guys seriously have a sick obsession with our team. Talking up the Bears winning the NFCN is nothing to brag about. Wow you guys are the kings of the leper conference! The Bears are no closer to winning the only thing that matters in football (the SB) then the Lions are so try not to sprain your shoulder patting yourselves on the back.

Listen. it's not east being a Lions fan. Millen is a jerk off and should of been fired years ago. The orginization as a whole has no winning history and nothing of signifigant football importance except at one time having the greatest RB in the history of the game. Our draft strategy the last few years has been questionable and I (unlike many) tend to think if Joey Harrington was givin the right tools to succeed (coach and cast) he would still be in Detroit as he's a better QB then Kitna.

However, I also live FAR FAR away from Detroit so I might not know all the ins and outs of the org as a true "homer" might. My parents blessed our family with the greatest gift anyone could give and moved us all out of the armpit of America mid-west almost 20 years ago. I tried to follow the Rams (then they left), and even jumped on the Raider bandwagon for a bit when they were in LA. None of those teams ever stacked up against my beloved pathetic Lions so here I am 20 years later still in So Cal rooting for my LieDowns!

2006 NFCN champs!

They won the division last year and in 2001.

They have more than one playoff victory over the last half century, too.

Detroit has sucked donkey ballz for 50 years. That's why they don't start any threads. (Not because they're "classy" :headbanger: )

That's all he was saying.

I think you read fine, sampy; it's the comprehension part that is so tough. :headbanger:

so the beating was so severe last week that you've now become a bear fan? :headbanger: what's the term for that when someone is kidnapped, beaten, and raped repeatedly but then "converts" to their captors? whatever that term is, you're it.

and please refresh my memory again where the packers finished last year. and where they'll finish this year. yeah, thought so.

i understand the need for you to assign greatness to the bears. why? because then that explains why they throttled the packers. but at the end of the day, the packers are simply dreadful and the bears are a team that wouldn't even make the playoffs--or contend for them--if they played in the nfce.

thanks for playing. buh-bye.

The Bears are no closer to winning the only thing that matters in football (the SB) then the Lions are so try not to sprain your shoulder patting yourselves on the back.

Keep telling yourself that, and I'm sure you'll be able to find a single reputable source that ranks the Lions even remotely close to the Bears to back it up too.

An 8 1/2 point line - why that's merely a tossup.

But hey, at least you finally agree that the Lions haven't done a single thing that matters in their entire history. That's a start.

I'm not a bears or lions fan. I think they both blow. Neither team will even sniff the Superbowl. You bears fans better get used to that until the bears can learn how to draft at the skill positions. Even when the bears won the Superbowl, they were average at best at the skill positions. Jim McMahon, Dennis McKinnon, Willie Gault? Only Walter Payton was truly a great player. All the '85 offense had to do was put up 10 points and that fantastic defense would hold the other team under that total (no, the current defense is not as good as the '85 defense, whether the stats say so or not). Does anyone know who the most prolific passer in bears history is? Anyone? It's Eric Kramer. That's right. A crappy ex-lion is their all-time single season best passer. Quick-name some good post-Payton running backs. One. Neal Anderson. Name some good receivers. Marty Booker? Tom Waddle? Any QB's? The current crop of skill players is actually better than the usual bears stiffs but they are not Superbowl material. All they are doing now is winning enough games to ensure that they won't draft high enough to get a stud. Even when they did they got malcontent Cedrick Benson.

BTW: at what point did I fall into an episode of the Twilight Zone where the Bears can put up 34 points?

[Twilight Zone]

Sep 18 2005 - Detroit - W (38-6)

[/Twilight Zone]

:unsure:

I'm not a bears or lions fan. I think they both blow. Neither team will even sniff the Superbowl. You bears fans better get used to that until the bears can learn how to draft at the skill positions. Even when the bears won the Superbowl, they were average at best at the skill positions. Jim McMahon, Dennis McKinnon, Willie Gault? Only Walter Payton was truly a great player. All the '85 offense had to do was put up 10 points and that fantastic defense would hold the other team under that total (no, the current defense is not as good as the '85 defense, whether the stats say so or not). Does anyone know who the most prolific passer in bears history is? Anyone? It's Eric Kramer. That's right. A crappy ex-lion is their all-time single season best passer. Quick-name some good post-Payton running backs. One. Neal Anderson. Name some good receivers. Marty Booker? Tom Waddle? Any QB's? The current crop of skill players is actually better than the usual bears stiffs but they are not Superbowl material. All they are doing now is winning enough games to ensure that they won't draft high enough to get a stud. Even when they did they got malcontent Cedrick Benson.

Keep telling yourself that, and I'm sure you'll be able to find a single reputable source that ranks the Lions even remotely close to the Bears to back it up too.

An 8 1/2 point line - why that's merely a tossup.

But hey, at least you finally agree that the Lions haven't done a single thing that matters in their entire history. That's a start.

I never denied it. You see, although a Lions "homer" I live in a part of the country that actually has things to do and women that don't look like lumberjacks. Football is pretty far down on my list of what's important to me. I understand that you guys living in the armpit have a little less to live for from week to week. I'd probably know everything about the Bears or another team I have no interest in also if I lived in hell.

I never denied it. You see, although a Lions "homer" I live in a part of the country that actually has things to do. Football is pretty far down on my list of what's important to me. I understand that you guys living in the armpit have a little less to live for from week to week. I'd probably know everything about the Bears or another team I have no interest in also if I lived in hell.

Yeah, I hear Detroit was voted one the top places to live in America....if you're a crack head or like living in abandoned buildings.

Yeah, I hear Detroit was voted one the top places to live in America....if you're a crack head or like living in abandoned buildings.

I live in Orange County, California. Like I said, my parents gave our family the greatest gift anyone could give and moved us out of that craphole 20 years ago. Don't kid yourself, I'm someone who's seen "both sides of the fence". The whole midwestern United States is a complete cesspool. They dont call it the armpit of America for nothing.

Bears, Lions, Green Bay, Minny.... they all suck and their whole state sucks. The only thing I miss about DET is the Lions and Tigers and tbh if Los Angeles gets a football team I'll most likely hop on that wagon. I've already started the transition to the Angels and Lakers so I'm sure it won't be that hard.

next.

I live in Orange County, California. Like I said, my parents gave our family the greatest gift anyone could give and moved us out of that craphole 20 years ago. Don't kid yourself, I'm someone who's seen "both sides of the fence". The whole midwestern United States is a complete cesspool. They dont call it the armpit of America for nothing.

next.

Yeah, any state that has trouble deciding which actor it wants in charge sure has it all together.

Pretty funny that a guy with 2500 posts in 2 years on a fantasy football message board, who has gotten his panties into a bunch about how the Lions are picked on by other fans in the division, would play the "football is pretty low on my list of things" card.