Sign in to follow this  
edjr

IF the Red Sox sweep all 4 from the Yankees this weekend

that will put them only 7.5 back in the AL EAST.

GB Theo Epstein :rolleyes:

Nothing makes me happier than the fact that the Red Sox will miss the playoffs this year. That's the next best thing to the Yankees winning. :dunno:

that will put them only 7.5 back in the AL EAST.

GB Theo Epstein :blink:

It's all his fault huh? The guys that go out and play the game (some of whom you like to point out weren't his acquisitions) aren't at all accountable?

Also, as much as I hate to do it I have to give props to the Yanks for how they performed this year under pressure. OK, well all of them except A-Rod (funny how well he starting playing once the pressure was off the team.) That said I still won't be rooting for them in the playoffs. Honestly, just want to win my fantasy league and see some good playoff baseball.

It's all his fault huh? The guys that go out and play the game (some of whom you like to point out weren't his acquisitions) aren't at all accountable?

Clement instead of Lowe

Beckett instead of Pedro

Crisp instead of Damon

Who is responsible for the following being on the 2006 Red Sox? :dunno:

Javy Lopez

Eric Hinske

Doug Mirabelli

Pitcher listed with ERA

Mike Timlin 4.47

Julian Tavarez 4.74

Rudy Seanez 4.82

Keith Foulke 5.02

Josh Beckett 5.09

Kevin Jarvis 5.40

Kyle Snyder 5.90

Craig Hansen 5.97

Matt Clement 6.61

Jason Johnson 7.36

David Pauley 7.88

Lenny DiNardo 7.94

Jermaine Van Buren 11.77

Abe Alvarez 12.00

Clement instead of Lowe

Beckett instead of Pedro

Crisp instead of Damon

Who is responsible for the following being on the 2006 Red Sox? :pointstosky:

Javy Lopez

Eric Hinske

Doug Mirabelli

Pitcher listed with ERA

Mike Timlin 4.47

Julian Tavarez 4.74

Rudy Seanez 4.82

Keith Foulke 5.02

Josh Beckett 5.09

Kevin Jarvis 5.40

Kyle Snyder 5.90

Craig Hansen 5.97

Matt Clement 6.61

Jason Johnson 7.36

David Pauley 7.88

Lenny DiNardo 7.94

Jermaine Van Buren 11.77

Abe Alvarez 12.00

The only one of those three I will concede is Damon and only for now. I still think that will work out in the long run. The rest of these guys were proven pros with track records and they haven't performed up to snuff. It's not Theo's fault. He gets the players and they go out and perform. They don't do it and they should be held accountable.

Where's Manny when we need im? He packed it in. Where's Trot been? 'Tek certainly slipped at the plate and his injury hurt badly.

The Mirabelli deal was a bad one, but it was made in the face of clamoring from Boston area sports fans and their knee-jerk reactions.

You say it's all Theo's fault they are where they are. I say BS, you need to hold the players accountable for the results. I mean to play a 5 game series in Boston against the Yanks and to get swept when going 3-2 would have kept you at half a game back is not the fault of the GM.

Here's hoping for a better 2007 (though I have a feeling it will be rocky) but maybe you'll accept and honor the deal I offered which will make it infinitely more palatable.

The only one of those three I will concede is Damon and only for now. I still think that will work out in the long run. The rest of these guys were proven pros with track records and they haven't performed up to snuff. It's not Theo's fault. He gets the players and they go out and perform. They don't do it and they should be held accountable.

Where's Manny when we need im? He packed it in. Where's Trot been? 'Tek certainly slipped at the plate and his injury hurt badly.

The Mirabelli deal was a bad one, but it was made in the face of clamoring from Boston area sports fans and their knee-jerk reactions.

You say it's all Theo's fault they are where they are. I say BS, you need to hold the players accountable for the results. I mean to play a 5 game series in Boston against the Yanks and to get swept when going 3-2 would have kept you at half a game back is not the fault of the GM.

Here's hoping for a better 2007 (though I have a feeling it will be rocky) but maybe you'll accept and honor the deal I offered which will make it infinitely more palatable.

it's still 2006 and Theo sucks. :dunno:

Manny's vaginal cramps will keep him from playing for the remainder of the season, and will make it that much harder for my team in the Geek Homers league. :blink: Same goes for Papelbon, though he wouldn't be seeing many save opps the rest of the way anyway.

thank you, theo--signed, detroit, minnesota, and chicago.

It'll be funny if the Tigers end up missing the playoffs and the Twins and White Sox overtake them. Wasn't Detroit something like 10 games ahead of Chicago in the division at one point this year?

Thanks to Dan Duquette :banana:

:banana:

"Looked like Jesus

Throws like Mary

Loyal like Judas

Johnny B Gone"

Hey, what can you buy for a Billion Dollars?

If you're the Yankees, you can't BUY a World Series!!!

Since the curse of Todd Zeile/ARod the Yanks have blown Over a Billion Dollars AND Choked on a unsurmountable three games to NONE lead in a playoff series...

...and have No World series Titles since 2000.

God, they are a great team.

I loved watching them go down to "underdogs" Arizona & Florida.

LMFAO.

With that payroll they'd better be winning thier Division every Year.

C'Yaaaaa ChokEES!!!!!

This message in no way constitutes ANY disrespect for Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada, Tino Martinez or Paul O'Neill as I believe they truely are Class at it's best and I honestly will miss getting a chance to watch them play once they're gone from the Game.

Your whining about Theo is painfully old. Why don't you start whining about religion..........oh, wait.......... :thumbsdown:

Your whining about Theo is painfully old. Why don't you start whining about religion..........oh, wait.......... :unsure:

:lol: See, I told y'all this guy was a funny mofo. :unsure:

Clement instead of Lowe

Beckett instead of Pedro

Crisp instead of Damon

Who is responsible for the following being on the 2006 Red Sox? :clap:

Javy Lopez

Eric Hinske

Doug Mirabelli

Pitcher listed with ERA

Mike Timlin 4.47

Julian Tavarez 4.74

Rudy Seanez 4.82

Keith Foulke 5.02

Josh Beckett 5.09

Kevin Jarvis 5.40

Kyle Snyder 5.90

Craig Hansen 5.97

Matt Clement 6.61

Jason Johnson 7.36

David Pauley 7.88

Lenny DiNardo 7.94

Jermaine Van Buren 11.77

Abe Alvarez 12.00

dont be bashing hinske...

but i can see where u are going with this..a GREAT sb by dave roberts and the unreal clutch hitting of ortiz has definitely given theo a long leash...if roberts gets thrown out and the yankees sweep, do you think theos still in boston? :shocking:

and wait..how would pedro help the red sox from the dl list? remember when i traded him? i said hes due for the dl list and when he goes, hes not coming back in 2006...

well, he tried anyway.....sorry mets...hes toast....

Manny's vaginal cramps will keep him from playing for the remainder of the season, and will make it that much harder for my team in the Geek Homers league. :banana: Same goes for Papelbon, though he wouldn't be seeing many save opps the rest of the way anyway.

It'll be funny if the Tigers end up missing the playoffs and the Twins and White Sox overtake them. Wasn't Detroit something like 10 games ahead of Chicago in the division at one point this year?

yes it would be--but not as funny as saying last march that the red sox would be out of it come september and the tigers would be still fighting for the best record in baseball in september.

game.

set.

match.

yes it would be--but not as funny as saying last march that the red sox would be out of it come september and the tigers would be still fighting for the best record in baseball in september.

game.

set.

match.

The Tigers will have more wins in the regular season than the Red Sox for the first time since 1997. Congrats.

But if the Tigers are sitting at home watching the playoffs alongside the Red Sox instead of participating in them, none of that matters.

The Red Sox will end their season on a miserable whimper, but I'll still have my 2004 World Series DVD to make me feel better. :banana: Would they have one for the Tigers for finishing in 3rd place this year? Maybe you can pull out the 1984 WS VHS. :cheers:

The Tigers will have more wins in the regular season than the Red Sox for the first time since 1997. Congrats.

But if the Tigers are sitting at home watching the playoffs alongside the Red Sox instead of participating in them, none of that matters.

The Red Sox will end their season on a miserable whimper, but I'll still have my 2004 World Series DVD to make me feel better. :headbanger: Would they have one for the Tigers for finishing in 3rd place this year? Maybe you can pull out the 1984 WS VHS. ;)

cute...are you seriously talking shiat? a red sox fan? the fan of a team that has won once in the last 100 years. at least my dead grandparents and dead great-great parents lived to see the tigers win the world series in their lifetimes.

2004 everyone outside of new york was rooting for the red sox--including me. why? (drumroll) because they hadn't focking won anything in 100 years! it's like rooting for the skinny kid with glasses on the playground against the bully.

you've got the pats. be happy. football season has started. like it or not, the red sox blow.

cute...are you seriously talking shiat? a red sox fan? the fan of a team that has won once in the last 100 years. at least my dead grandparents and dead great-great parents lived to see the tigers win the world series in their lifetimes.

2004 everyone outside of new york was rooting for the red sox--including me. why? (drumroll) because they hadn't focking won anything in 100 years! it's like rooting for the skinny kid with glasses on the playground against the bully.

you've got the pats. be happy. football season has started. like it or not, the red sox blow.

Hey, I didn't start it. ;)

The Red Sox do blow and in a big way, that's why NFL season couldn't come soon enough for me. What else would I have to look forward to, the Celtics? (puke) The Bruins? (puke) Boston College basketball and football, with their combined 0 national championship appearances? (puke)

I'd like to see Detroit get in as it would be the White Sox probably don't make it. The Red Sox would be the only team this century to make the playoffs the year following their WS championship (Arizona, Anaheim, Florida all missed the playoffs the following years).

The Red Sox do blow and in a big way, that's why NFL season couldn't come soon enough for me. What else would I have to look forward to, the Celtics? (puke) The Bruins? (puke) Boston College basketball and football, with their combined 0 national championship appearances? (puke)

I'd like to see Detroit get in as it would be the White Sox probably don't make it. The Red Sox would be the only team this century to make the playoffs the year following their WS championship (Arizona, Anaheim, Florida all missed the playoffs the following years).

i should know this...but why don't you like the white sox?

"If the Red Sox sweep all 4 from the Yankees this weekend"

... pigs will fly, hell will freeze, and my aunt will grow a set of balls.

wont happen, sox fans. forget this season - focus on the patriots.

p.s.- the pats will suck this year too

YANKS!

i should know this...but why don't you like the white sox?

A few reasons:

- I always have some resentment towards teams that eliminate the Red Sox in the postseason. I hated the Indians for a while back in the 90's because of this.

- Ozzie Guillen is one of the most classless managers I've ever seen. He's interesting for a soundbyte and is a good manager but he's a jerk. Don't forget the drunkard douchebag A.J. Pierzynski. Only player on the team that I like is Javier Vazquez.

- White Sox fans on the Internet have gotten real cocky, talk a lot of shit about the Red Sox. Just bad vibes from that team. That's why I'd like for them to pull an Anaheim.

- I've always been a fan of Frank Thomas, and nothing would make me happier than to see him lead the A's to a division crown while the White Sox watch at home. I'll probably root for Oakland in the playoffs because of the Big Hurt factor.

A few reasons:

- I always have some resentment towards teams that eliminate the Red Sox in the postseason. I hated the Indians for a while back in the 90's because of this.

- Ozzie Guillen is one of the most classless managers I've ever seen. He's interesting for a soundbyte and is a good manager but he's a jerk. Don't forget the drunkard douchebag A.J. Pierzynski. Only player on the team that I like is Javier Vazquez.

- White Sox fans on the Internet have gotten real cocky, talk a lot of shit about the Red Sox. Just bad vibes from that team. That's why I'd like for them to pull an Anaheim.

- I've always been a fan of Frank Thomas, and nothing would make me happier than to see him lead the A's to a division crown while the White Sox watch at home. I'll probably root for Oakland in the playoffs because of the Big Hurt factor.

oh. okay then.

You should have stayed a D-backs fan for another year there Fair Weather Johnson.

The D-Backs did in fact make the playoffs in 2002, losing in the first round to the Cardinals.

:dunno: :banana: :banana:

A few reasons:

but i gotta say: if you take it that personally about every team that has ever done in the red sox...yikes. that's a lot of anger and a lot of ulcers.

Nothing makes me happier than the fact that the Red Sox will miss the playoffs this year. That's the next best thing to the Yankees winning. :bench:

but arent you gonna miss yanks v sawks and all the ajoining hype :shocking:

but arent you gonna miss yanks v sawks and all the ajoining hype :banana:

actually, to be honest... i will miss a potential Red Soxs vs Yankees 7 game playoff series. I guess if your not a fan of either team, its a nice break.

You should have stayed a D-backs fan for another year there Fair Weather Johnson.

The D-Backs did in fact make the playoffs in 2002, losing in the first round to the Cardinals.

:wall: :wub: :(

LOL, oops forgot about that. :D

Hey I don't hate the D-Bags...err I mean D-Backs, you guys did a very good thing in 2001. :banana:

swamp dog: I didn't really become a hardcore sports aficionado until the early 90's. I saw the Red Sox eliminated in the first round by Cleveland in 1995, again in 1998, lost ALCS to New York in 1999, again in 2003, and humiliated by Chicago in 2005.