Ironmen

T Owens OUT 2-4 Weeks

Terrell Owens B)

Steve Smith :P

Clinton Portis :banana:

Jeremy Shockey :banana:

I F'ING HAVE THEM ALL!

(plus mcnabb and holt)

In a 16 team league! I should be rolling on my way to another championship.

When comes to injury.. I don't worry about TO.. the guy always wants to play and its only a finger... To bad he will miss the GB game but I assure you.. he will be in the Philly game in 3 weeks.. Which isn't to bad; I bet he only misses 1 game..

Terrell Owens :pointstosky:

Steve Smith :banana:

Clinton Portis :banana:

Jeremy Shockey :banana:

I F'ING HAVE THEM ALL!

(plus mcnabb and holt)

How did you end up with four of the top twenty picks in a 16 teamer? :banana:

I thought the cowboys played a lot better without TO in the line up. :pointstosky:

He just doesnt seem to have any timing or anything with Bledsoe. He hasn't impressed me too much. Seems like they are trying too hard to get TO involved.

Terrell Owens :dunno:

Steve Smith :blink:

Clinton Portis :cry:

Jeremy Shockey :thumbsdown:

I F'ING HAVE THEM ALL!

(plus mcnabb and holt)

You get what you deserve.

Those guys are all high risk for injury...they all slipped in drafts....because of exactly what is happening.

I love it. ;)

So, does Crayton start in his place DAL homers? He did catch a TD last night. Any value for those of us in deeper leagues?

I thought the cowboys played a lot better without TO in the line up. :rolleyes:

He just doesnt seem to have any timing or anything with Bledsoe. He hasn't impressed me too much. Seems like they are trying too hard to get TO involved.

All due respect, but this is a ridiculous post.

The only reason Glenn was in single coverage all night was because TO was on the field taking the double.

The only reason JJones had room to run was because there was TO, taking the double.

Dallas' offense is helped tremendously by Owens, even if it's not the plays he's directly involved in. Football is a multi dimentional sport - Owens adds a dimention to a team like very few athletes can.

My take: He's got a fractured ring finger and he said they want to pin it. They have a BYE in week 3, so the timing couldn't have been better. I guess Owens sits out the Tennesee game and returns for the game against Philly. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him play against Tenn.

I thought the cowboys played a lot better without TO in the line up. :thumbsdown:

Another idiotic, clueless posting. You need TO to open up the offense for you. You can blame TO for being a distraction to your team due to his history. But you can't diss him for his on-the-field contributions to the team.

Agreed. It would help if all injury related posts were stickied. :thumbsdown:

We'll do.......

The only reason Glenn was in single coverage all night was because TO was on the field taking the double.

The only reason JJones had room to run was because there was TO, taking the double.

Dallas' offense is helped tremendously by Owens, even if it's not the plays he's directly involved in. Football is a multi dimentional sport - Owens adds a dimention to a team like very few athletes can.

My take: He's got a fractured ring finger and he said they want to pin it. They have a BYE in week 3, so the timing couldn't have been better. I guess Owens sits out the Tennesee game and returns for the game against Philly. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him play against Tenn.

Exactly. Remember that he actually got the injury in the first quarter, and didn't think enough of it to tell the team until the fourth quarter. It's not as serious of an injury as it might sound, and Dallas needs him in the lineup too badly to let him sit longer than a couple of weeks (even if he is getting only 2 catches/17 yds).

As a Dallas homer, I would be shocked if he missed more than the Titans game. He'll definitely be in for the game at Philly.

Exactly. Remember that he actually got the injury in the first quarter, and didn't think enough of it to tell the team until the fourth quarter. It's not as serious of an injury as it might sound, and Dallas needs him in the lineup too badly to let him sit longer than a couple of weeks (even if he is getting only 2 catches/17 yds).

As a Dallas homer, I would be shocked if he missed more than the Titans game. He'll definitely be in for the game at Philly.

Good points - I think it's remarkable that with all the TO hating going on, people bashing him for breaking a finger, that no one's said anything about him playing 45 minutes with a broken finger. He didn't ask out of the game, and since Bledsoe stopped looking his way, I am positive that he told him his hand wasn't right. But he kept drawing the double which helped Glenn to a huge night. It wasn't until 5 mins left in the game, up 3 scores that TO went to the locker room for X-Rays.

That's tough right there. I tip my cap to old school toughness. Most guys break a finger and are out. Done. Hell, Portis has a sore shoulder and missed practice all week and then missed the game. No one's ripping him at all.

The word from the Dallas area radio talk show homers is that TO has a broken metacarpel, which is basically a bone on the top of his hand. Not as serious as a broken finger. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back after the bye week.

With all the carping going on about TO, there are only two things that matter to me. One, the guy plays his ASS off between the lines. And two, after he threw a beatdown on Hugh Douglas, the so-called "team ambassador" on that gutless Philly squad, he went into the room and demanded to know who else wanted some. None of those pussies spoke up, most notably that nancy boy McNabb.

Despite all, the guy's tough.

The word from the Dallas area radio talk show homers is that TO has a broken metacarpel, which is basically a bone on the top of his hand. Not as serious as a broken finger. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back after the bye week.

With all the carping going on about TO, there are only two things that matter to me. One, the guy plays his ASS off between the lines. And two, after he threw a beatdown on Hugh Douglas, the so-called "team ambassador" on that gutless Philly squad, he went into the room and demanded to know who else wanted some. None of those pussies spoke up, most notably that nancy boy McNabb.

Despite all, the guy's tough.

:pointstosky: :clap: :D

For what it's worth;

I've broken the same bone on my right hand that T.O. broke and while I didn't have a entire medical staff tending to my needs and it didn't take more than 6 weeks to heal, it still really limits your functionality. I had to have a cast on for about 5 weeks and it was very tender for a month or so afterwards. I'm not trying to say T.O. isn't going to recover - but I do wonder how this will affect him because it's a lot more limiting than one would imagine, especially since it's the carpal on the back of the hand, that's a lot worse than the actual phalange.

my two cents

For what it's worth;

I've broken the same bone on my right hand that T.O. broke and while I didn't have a entire medical staff tending to my needs and it didn't take more than 6 weeks to heal, it still really limits your functionality. I had to have a cast on for about 5 weeks and it was very tender for a month or so afterwards. I'm not trying to say T.O. isn't going to recover - but I do wonder how this will affect him because it's a lot more limiting than one would imagine, especially since it's the carpal on the back of the hand, that's a lot worse than the actual phalange.

my two cents

Pro Football players >>>> you

just saying.

Owens is a tough SOB. You probably cried for a whaaaaa-mbulance, while TO played 45 minutes with it, drawing the DT and pumping his arms & cheering when Glenn scored that 40 yd TD.

Your break may have been more severe. This one sounds like a fracture.

Regardless, if it's gonna happen the timing is perfect. Right before the BYE and early in the season. Nothing worse than losing a top receiver in the FFB playoffs - I'm actually stoked it's this week, as I was planning on not using him next week anyway. I'll miss the money start against the Titans, but as fate would have it, I face the Owens team in week #4 in my WCOFF league, so there's some hidden blessings here.

My receivers are Fitz/Owens/Driver/Wiliamson/MJones, so somehow I think I'll get by for a couple weeks. I'd prefer Owens was playing, but hey - at least this way his hammy gets even stronger before he faces Philly. :unsure:

Regardless, if it's gonna happen the timing is perfect. Right before the BYE and early in the season. Nothing worse than losing a top receiver in the FFB playoffs - I'm actually stoked it's this week, as I was planning on not using him next week anyway.

Nice spin...

Nice spin...

As oppossed to you, who has contributed nothing whatsoever, as usual. :wall:

And it's hardly "spin" - it's looking at the bright side of a craptastic situation. I could go hang my head, but the league I have him in is as a WR2, and I couldn't use him week 3 anyway, right? Unless you think I could get fantasy stats from a guy on the BYE that is....:banana:

God gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Fortunately that team is uber deep at WR, and I have faith that I'll get through. As for Owens, it's true: if your guy is gonna get hurt and miss a couple weeks, it's a nice coincedence of timing that it's right before his BYE week. Are you contesting this, or just being a troll? :dunno:

he should be fine. it they put a k-wire in it, he'll be good in 2-3weeks (in time for philly on oct8); if they dont, he will surely be good to go for philly.

ring finger on his hand can be buddy-bandaged and he can still manipulate the catches with his 3 dominant digits. i own him in 3 leagues, and im not worried.

Another idiotic, clueless posting. You need TO to open up the offense for you. You can blame TO for being a distraction to your team due to his history. But you can't diss him for his on-the-field contributions to the team.

You guys give TO entirely to much credit I think it is insulting to the rest of the Cowboy team. The Cowboys don't need TO, they are fine without him. The guy is injury prone and I would be surprised if these are the only games he misses. You can almost count on him missing a game or two at the end of the year.

As oppossed to you, who has contributed nothing whatsoever, as usual. :cheers:

And it's hardly "spin" - it's looking at the bright side of a craptastic situation. I could go hang my head, but the league I have him in is as a WR2, and I couldn't use him week 3 anyway, right? Unless you think I could get fantasy stats from a guy on the BYE that is....:bench:

God gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Fortunately that team is uber deep at WR, and I have faith that I'll get through. As for Owens, it's true: if your guy is gonna get hurt and miss a couple weeks, it's a nice coincedence of timing that it's right before his BYE week. Are you contesting this, or just being a troll? :banana:

Relax Scooter. I've just never seen anyone use the term "stoked" when talking about an injured stud that's all :wall:

How did you end up with four of the top twenty picks in a 16 teamer? :rolleyes:

It's an auction dynasty league. I had everybody on that list last December except TO and McNabb.

Relax Scooter. I've just never seen anyone use the term "stoked" when talking about an injured stud that's all :mad:

Well, it's all about perspective...last few years I've suffered a McNabb broken fibula in week 10, a McAllister torn ACL in week 3, an Ahman Green torn quad, a Julius Jones broken shoulder blade (clavicle), and a William Green permanent sandy mangina/girlfriend stabbing.

So when I seem "stoked" that one of my top players has a broken bone in his hand and it's the week before his bye with a 3 week injury (max) indeed I am extatic that it's very mild, and early in the season. Best possible timing.

:clap:

I own him as he was my 3rd overall pick in the draft. I traded Ahman and Rod Smith for ROY and even though he has not been great he will be a good fill in for T.O. till he gets back. I am hoping for the best and he comes back in 2 weeks.

How the hell can some of you say that Owens doesn't benefit Dallas a massive amount? Even if TO catches NO passes, he still benefits immensely. The opposing team can't stack the line against the run with TO in the game and Terry Glenn or any other receiver will find single coverage more often.

And TO didn't catch many on Sunday... because he had a BROKEN FINGER (which he continued to play through. Say what you want about his attitude off the field, and he his a jerk, but he will play harder than anyone on the field). Also, did you see the first game where Owens's finger wasn't broken? He caught everything that came his way (not as much as could've been, with Bledsoe at QB) and was Bledsoe's target early and often.

He's actually a leader for the girl scouts...and he only plays FF with his troop

I'd start a flame war *if* this wasnt true.

How the hell can some of you say that Owens doesn't benefit Dallas a massive amount? Even if TO catches NO passes, he still benefits immensely. The opposing team can't stack the line against the run with TO in the game and Terry Glenn or any other receiver will find single coverage more often.

And TO didn't catch many on Sunday... because he had a BROKEN FINGER (which he continued to play through. Say what you want about his attitude off the field, and he his a jerk, but he will play harder than anyone on the field). Also, did you see the first game where Owens's finger wasn't broken? He caught everything that came his way (not as much as could've been, with Bledsoe at QB) and was Bledsoe's target early and often.

I think you are missing the point. You people are giving TO way to much credit, you act like he is the next coming of Christ. TO has played on some very good teams in SF and Philly but has no Super Ring to show for it. If he were as great as everyone says he would have achieved multiple Super Bowl Rings. The fact remains he is on the down side of his career, is injury prone, and has never taken a team to the next level.

Ok, no offense but the above is the epitome of pointing out the obvious...I never made the arguement that I am as tough as a football player.. Simply sharing my personal experience on the matter. I don't care how tough you are, it's hard to make catches when your finger doesn't move.

also, as I pointed out - i didn't have the constant hypochondriac medical staff a pro-football player does.

the end.

just saying.

Owens is a tough SOB. You probably cried for a whaaaaa-mbulance, while TO played 45 minutes with it, drawing the DT and pumping his arms & cheering when Glenn scored that 40 yd TD.

oh and btw - i didn't even know my hand was broken when the injury happened. I didn't "cry whaaaaa-mbulance", the only reason I got it checked out was because the next day my hand wouldn't move. so actually, it would appear I am MORE tough than T.O. when it comes to my once broken hand. Cheering from the sidelines isn't really what I call spectacular. but you know, i guess you have a different idea of tough...

I think you are missing the point. You people are giving TO way to much credit, you act like he is the next coming of Christ. TO has played on some very good teams in SF and Philly but has no Super Ring to show for it. If he were as great as everyone says he would have achieved multiple Super Bowl Rings. The fact remains he is on the down side of his career, is injury prone, and has never taken a team to the next level.

Yes, because obviously just one great receiver wins teams Super Bowls. Oakland is winning this year's SB.

TO benefits his team on the field as much if not more than any other receiver in the league currently.

Now they're saying TO has been upgraded to questionable for the Tenn game in week 4.

With the plate in there, there's 0 chance of reinjuring the bone - so it's a matter of being able to play through pain - say what you will about Owens off the field, he's shown this ability throughout his career. Most recently with his dazzling performance in the post season on a broken ankle.

If not Tenn, Owens is back for sure against the Eagles. :doublethumbsup: