Sign in to follow this  
lambert58

Band of Brothers

Is in my opinion the best thing to have ever been on Television.

Great Acting, great cast, great story, and great directing.

Favorite part: The Breaking Point

I can't imagine a more realistic movie about army life.

(sorry, but I watched it this week on DVD and I felt the need to discuss.)

(sorry, but I watched it this week on DVD and I felt the need to discuss.)

Awww...bullsh1t...

You just want some homo internet love :banana:

I really have t get the dvd..I heard that Band of Brothers s the sh1t

:ninja:

Awww...bullsh1t...

You just want some homo internet love :banana:

:lol: :dunno:

I really have t get the dvd..I heard that Band of Brothers s the sh1t

:ninja:

You have to watch the DVD. It has a special documentary on the real members of Easy Company called "Together We Stand Alone" that is truly emotional. Great job by Hanks and Speilberg.

You have to watch the DVD. It has a special documentary on the real members of Easy Company called "Together We Stand Alone" that is truly emotional. Great job by Hanks and Speilberg.

I already know that I would get all misty eyed watching it.

Thanx for reminding me tonight of something that I need to buy :wub:

greatest mini series ever. The Breaking Point is a great episode. Lt. Speirs is the man. I bought the book after watching every episode. Book is great....of course.

I need to to buy the DVD as well.

Major Winters is a great man.

Band of Brothers. :headbanger:

yep, Band of Brothers is awesome :headbanger: great, great mini-series. any time i come across it on tv i get sucked back in. its so good, i've watched it about 10 times. the "Bastogne" episode with the medic is the one that first got me into it. i saw that one and then went back and watched the entire series in 2 days.

I can't really think of to many situations that would freak me out worse than jumping into an enemy country in the middle of the night, under heavy AA fire, only to make it to the ground and realize I don't know exactly where I am and my only weopon is a KNIFE because my rifle got torn from my pack when I jumped out of the plane!!! Fock me!! Not my idea of a good start to your war experience.

Listining to the survivors tell there stories in the bonus features is pretty sobering. Especially where one talks about several men in his hometown who killed themselves because the army rejected them for service.

"Different times... Different times..." he goes on to say.

greatest mini series ever. The Breaking Point is a great episode. Lt. Speirs is the man. I bought the book after watching every episode. Book is great....of course.

I need to to buy the DVD as well.

Major Winters is a great man.

Band of Brothers. :banana:

I bet reading the book was a lot better after seeing the show. I read the book first and loved it, but I had a rough time trying to remember who was who.

Winters was a bad arse mofo.

I can't really think of to many situations that would freak me out worse than jumping into an enemy country in the middle of the night, under heavy AA fire, only to make it to the ground and realize I don't know exactly where I am and my only weopon is a KNIFE because my rifle got torn from my pack when I jumped out of the plane!!! Fock me!! Not my idea of a good start to your war experience.

That's always been a scary thought for me as well after watching the series. I just can not imagine how focked up that would be.

My wife and I watched it every week when HBO first put it out there, and we bought the DVD collection when it became available.....truly, one of the greatest epic series evah :cry:

excellent show...i reccomend it to everyone...i own the dvd and watch it everytime it comes on tv (veterans day, memorial day etc)...i get teary eyed everytime...hands down the best shoe (movie or tv) ever!!! :cry:

Love it, the quality for a television miniseries, the cast, learning history from it :pointstosky: B)

I bet reading the book was a lot better after seeing the show. I read the book first and loved it, but I had a rough time trying to remember who was who.

Winters was a bad arse mofo.

Major Winters has a new book out detailing his personal experience during the war. He rehashes some of the events in Band of Brothers but he also offers a fresh perspective on some of the men that he served with. He also tells about some of the men on the DVD who are no longer with us. Carwood Lipton, Moose Heyliger, Popeye Wynn to name a few.

Great book to read as well.

Major Winters has a new book out detailing his personal experience during the war. He rehashes some of the events in Band of Brothers but he also offers a fresh perspective on some of the men that he served with. He also tells about some of the men on the DVD who are no longer with us. Carwood Lipton, Moose Heyliger, Popeye Wynn to name a few.

Great book to read as well.

It's called The Biggest Brother-The Life of ###### Winters-The Man That Led The Band Of Brothers. It's written by Larry Alexander. I have not bought it....yet. Looking forward to reading it.

It's called The Biggest Brother-The Life of ###### Winters-The Man That Led The Band Of Brothers. It's written by Larry Alexander. I have not bought it....yet. Looking forward to reading it.

Different book than what I was talking about. The book that I mentioned is called: Beyond Band of Brothers: The War Memoirs of Major Richard Winters.

http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Band-Brothers...tion/B000GIW42S

I just want to agree with everyone here that said that this is possibly the best miniseries/movie EVAH!

If you haven't seen it yet, buy it, don't rent it. You will not regret it.

:banana:

Listining to the survivors tell there stories in the bonus features is pretty sobering. Especially where one talks about several men in his hometown who killed themselves because the army rejected them for service.

"Different times... Different times..." he goes on to say.

Different times indeed. :o

If you enjoyed the Band of Brothers book, I highly suggest also reading nearly anything by Stephen Ambrose. WW2 is his bread and butter, but he also has a lot of other historical writings.

I have read all of these and liked every one:

D Day: June 6, 1944: The Climactic Battle of World War II

Citizen Soldiers: The U. S. Army from the Normandy Beaches to the Bulge to the Surrender of Germany

The Wild Blue : The Men and Boys Who Flew the B-24s Over Germany 1944-45

Comrades : Brothers, Fathers, Heroes, Sons, Pals

Different times indeed. :o

I would not expect you to understand it ...... :D

:o

Just rubbing you a bit, for your comments elsewhere, I have no reason to actually call you out, hence the smilie.... :banana: :D

I would not kill myself, but I understand the desire to serve, it drove me to spend 12 years in the Marine reserve, I would have stayed longer but I had a greater duty to my family....

I bought the entire CD box set, while this thing was running we never missed an episode.....

The scene that stands out most in my memory was the arrival of the americans at the concentration camp......:mellow:

It's a great miniseries. The only problem I had was keeping track of who was who. I'll have to watch it again and pay more attention.

My grandfather passed away a couple years ago - I was able to keep all his medals, jacket, and bronze star. He faught under General Patton. He kept a scrap book of his journey -I now have it in my possession - it started in 1941. There are pictures of a liberated concentration camp, shot down airplanes, he was right there in the circle when Patton met the Russians - I have that picture also. This 1941 scrapbook should be in a musuem. Some of the most amazing pictures Itell you. He was awarded the bronze star with this.....

Dear Mr Finch:

I have the honor to inform you that by direction of the President, the Bronze Star Medal has been awarded to you for heroic achievement by the Commanding General, Sixty-Fifth Infantry Division. The citation is a follows:

"For heroic achievement in connection with military operations against an enemy of the United STates ner Nohn, Germany on 7 March 1945. Volunteering for the first night patrol to cross the Saar River although he had had no sleep for 36 hours, Sergeant Finch took the position of point man. Entering enemy held territory, the patrol approached within twenty feet of an old castle and encountered three Germans. Holding fire until the patrol leader began shooting, Sergeant Finch helped kill one enemy soldier, wound a second, and cause the third to seek cover. Since the enemy was in control of the high ground beyond, the patrol leader ordered his men to withdraw, while Sergeant Finch personally covered their movements. His courage and alertness enabled the patrol to return without a casualty and reflect great credit upon Sergeant Finch and the military service."

Sincerely yours,

Edward F. Witsell

Major General

I love war movies. The "Band of Brothers" collection is Awesome :blink: