Sign in to follow this  
DanXIII

Latest from Jerry Falwell: The Devil is preferable to Hillary Clinton

I'm no Hillary Clinton fan, but WTF??? When is the IRS going to go after guys like this?

Falwell acknowledges Clinton comment

RICHMOND, Va. - The Rev. Jerry Falwell acknowledged on Sunday that he said if Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton were the Democrats' presidential nominee in 2008, it would motivate conservative evangelical Christians to oppose her more than if the devil himself were running.

"I certainly hope that Hillary is the candidate," Falwell said at a breakfast session Friday in Washington. "I hope she's the candidate, because nothing will energize my (constituency) like Hillary Clinton," he said. "If Lucifer ran, he wouldn't."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/falwell_hillary_clinton

Have you actually heard the tape, or just read this article? And why should a single comment affect his tax status? :dunno:

Have you actually heard the tape, or just read this article? And why should a single comment affect his tax status? :dunno:

Both (in answer to your first question) and you should read the statute regarding political affiliation and tax-exempt status (in answer to your second).

Both (in answer to your first question) and you should read the statute regarding political affiliation and tax-exempt status (in answer to your second).

I'm not in favor of revoking tax exempt status based upon one comment. The case in California where they were having whole sermons telling their constituents who to vote for is more my cup of tea. HTH.

I'm not in favor of revoking tax exempt status based upon one comment. The case in California where they were having whole sermons telling their constituents who to vote for is more my cup of tea. HTH.

Got a link? I'd like to read up on it. If they were doing that, they, too, should have their status revoked.

This is just another in a laundry list of reasons that Falwell should have lost his long ago. Of course, the rules are selectively enforced based on who is occupying the White House.

Ummm...I agree with him. I can't think of a candidate that would rally the conservatives like Hillary would. Also, if Hillary and Satan were running for office, I'd move to Canada rather than vote for Hillary.

Ummm...I agree with him. I can't think of a candidate that would rally the conservatives like Hillary would. Also, if Hillary and Satan were running for office, I'd move to Canada rather than vote for Hillary.

So are you saying that, since you agree with him, the law should not apply in his case?

Why is there so much dislike from the religous right for Hillary?

I think it has alot to do with being Clinton's wife, but also her stance on many issues, i think they fear her above all others..... :first:

Got a link? I'd like to read up on it. If they were doing that, they, too, should have their status revoked.

This is just another in a laundry list of reasons that Falwell should have lost his long ago. Of course, the rules are selectively enforced based on who is occupying the White House.

Here's a bunch of links. Enjoy.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=...8&scoring=d

So are you saying that, since you agree with him, the law should not apply in his case?

Yes, that is what I'm saying. :first:

This coming from someone how really, REALLY doesn't want Hillary to run.

I think there are several reasons. First and foremost, the theocracy crowd she Hillary as the poster-woman for rejecting their beliefs that women should be in a submissive role in marriage and society. Second, its been pounded into their head by talk radio for 16 years that she herself is the devil. Third, her "enlightened" positions on things like stem cell research, abortion, the Shalvo debate makes her a legitimate polar opposite to the fundie's. Last, the fact that she has attended church more than their idol-Bush- makes them confused and believe that she is up to something.

I think Falwell is a complete dirtbag and is an excellent example symptom of what is wrong with the GOP, but I think he is dead right on this. I think if the 'Beez' quit screwing around behind the scenes and put up himself on the GOP ticket straight up (some would argue he's won the last two elections already) that many of the right wing would have a very difficult decision to make.

What this should do is give DEMOCRATS pause. Do we really want to have another 4 to 8 years continuing this divisive culture spawned by the Bush family and the Clintons?

I, for one, would like a clean slate, a moderate candidate that had a clue about foreign policy, would throw all these neo-con moron's out, and get back to governing our whole country, not just his buddies and their interests.

not just his buddies and their interests.

We are talking about a politician right? Wouldn't hold my breath...

Here's a bunch of links. Enjoy.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=...8&scoring=d

Thanks dude, I'll check it out! :mad:

I'm on record as being a guy who won't vote for Hillary if she wins the nomination...I'm just sick of subsidizing guys like Falwell and Jesse Jackson when they clearly violate the law.

As for Falwell himself, I hope he keeps it up, it makes him look more and more like a Chavez clone every time he utters such stupidity.

This coming from someone how really, REALLY doesn't want Hillary to run.

I think there are several reasons. First and foremost, the theocracy crowd she Hillary as the poster-woman for rejecting their beliefs that women should be in a submissive role in marriage and society. Second, its been pounded into their head by talk radio for 16 years that she herself is the devil. Third, her "enlightened" positions on things like stem cell research, abortion, the Shalvo debate makes her a legitimate polar opposite to the fundie's. Last, the fact that she has attended church more than their idol-Bush- makes them confused and believe that she is up to something.

I think Falwell is a complete dirtbag and is an excellent example symptom of what is wrong with the GOP, but I think he is dead right on this. I think if the 'Beez' quit screwing around behind the scenes and put up himself on the GOP ticket straight up (some would argue he's won the last two elections already) that many of the right wing would have a very difficult decision to make.

What this should do is give DEMOCRATS pause. Do we really want to have another 4 to 8 years continuing this divisive culture spawned by the Bush family and the Clintons?

I, for one, would like a clean slate, a moderate candidate that had a clue about foreign policy, would throw all these neo-con moron's out, and get back to governing our whole country, not just his buddies and their interests.

Amen, Korben! thats exactly what this country needs now: is some sort of moderate with a clue about foreign policy.

this modern day Hatfields & McCoy's the two sides have created is ridiculous...i mean, a current story on Clinton's mis-handling of Osama Bin Laden??? its well documented that BOTH administrations made lots of mistakes regarding OBL...CLinton hasn't been in office for 6 years!!! do we really need to rehash this???

Hilary is bad for our country...just awful...Falwell would be JUST as bad. they are both SO polarized, that they'll actually represent very little of our contry. i agree more with Hilary about things like Stem Cell research and abortion rights, but her views on foreign policy and subsidizing public services are just awful. (IMO). Falwell speaks in absolutes that just don't apply to the real world. BUt he's right- Hilary running would polarize the right more quickly than anything.

i don't think the "Age" of the 3rd party is here yet, but i don't think its too far off. we'll reach a tipping point where enough people finally have had enough. eventually. not in 08, maybe not even by 2020...but the day WILL come.

1. She's a democrat. That's pretty mich all it takes.

2. She's a woman. (allegedly)

Man, it would be AWESOME if Satan ran for office.

:cheers:

<cough>Joe Biden<cough>

It's not just from the religious right...she's a very polarizing figure for people coming from all walks of life.

Frankly, IMO she epitomizes everything that is wrong w/politics in America. She is a true carpet bagger...presenting herself as a "real" New Yorker...Pu-Leaze. :)

She goes to speak from place to place and acts as if she's truly "one of them." I mean, she's so white she's focking clear, but when she goes to speak in a church in Harlem she starts going on and on about the "plantation" at the White House?

She presents herself as a strong woman...yet she's stayed with her philandering husband who has embarassed her numerous times in public w/his skirt chasing ways. Why? Obviously b/c it serves her political interests.

It really doesn't get any more fake or translucent than Hillary.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic -- to not question your government is unpatriotic."

"I took an oath of office to the Constitution, I didn't take an oath of office to my party or my president,"

"National security is more important than the Republican Party or the Democratic Party. And to use it to try and get someone elected will ultimately end up in defeat and disaster for that political party."

"Well, I didn't like what Mr. Rove said, because it frames terrorism and the issue of terrorism and everything that goes with it, whether it's the renewal of the Patriot Act or the NSA wiretapping, in a political context."

- Chuck Hagel. :D

"To question your government is not unpatriotic -- to not question your government is unpatriotic."

"I took an oath of office to the Constitution, I didn't take an oath of office to my party or my president,"

"National security is more important than the Republican Party or the Democratic Party. And to use it to try and get someone elected will ultimately end up in defeat and disaster for that political party."

"Well, I didn't like what Mr. Rove said, because it frames terrorism and the issue of terrorism and everything that goes with it, whether it's the renewal of the Patriot Act or the NSA wiretapping, in a political context."

- Chuck Hagel. ;)

I'd vote for Hagel given the chance.

Hopefully, we get a Hagel vs. Biden race. I'll vote twice.

Hopefully, we get a Hagel vs. Biden race. I'll vote twice.

;)

It would be refreshing to base our vote on which candidate will be better for the country instead of which one will be worse.

To be fair, Falwell didn't call her the debbil, he merely made a point of how strongly the religious right would rally against her. Had he called her the debbil, we would have given him a poor oppressed dictatorship to run.

And while I am not "religious" right, I would never vote for her because she is way too liberal for my taste, and she makes Kerry seem like he has strong convictions.

Besides Hagel and Biden, I'd throw in a few other moderates - Lieberman, John Warner, Whitman, and a maverick, McCain.