Sign in to follow this  
indybearsfan

bears 34 seahawks 3

Seriously...I couldn't understand the words you were spelling or the sentences you were putting them in...

...34-3?...Chicago is all right, but Grossman will hit a wall anytime now, could be Sunday

Seahawks'll kill 'em

First of all, while the line clearly struggled against the Lions in week one (the same way they struggled last year week one at Jax) they were hardly "shredded" by the Cards in week 2. The fact that Hass was not sacked once by two of the premiere D Lineman in the game clearly shows the line is coming together (just as they did last year after a 2-2 start). So, I beg to differ that week one negates the week three performance. What has happened since game one does negate a rough start in Detroit just as a rough start last year was negated by an 11 game win streak.

My point about Smith missed the mark. The point was if one dynamic player could bring down such a vaunted D, then the Hawks stands a good chance of being successful Sunday because of their well-rounded O.

OBTW I noticed you capitalized LAST YEAR to reduce the importance of the point being made. Maybe you should have capitalized THREE WEEKS AGO IN WEEK ONE when referring to the Lions "shredding" of the Hawks because the past is the past, right?

Sacked 3 times and Alexander ran for 3.4 yards per carry. a full yard below his career average.

I said they were better agaisnt NY G...but like I said to Lions fans after game one...do not put too much into what happened for that one game. While their line very well may have come together...they are still not shown to be as strong as what Chicago has as an oline all 3 games.

Im not saying it totally negates it...but week 3 does not negate what happened the first 2 weeks either.

One dynamic player could...true...that does not necessarily mean a more well-rounded O will simply just do the same thing.

I capitalized it because I find it funny you want to compare something that happened last year to something that could happen with a completely different opponent in week 4 of the season.

There is quite a difference between what happened several months ago...and what happened 3 weeks ago.

Actually I havn't seen a single logical reason from a Bears fan on why the Bears will win. This is the same the Seahawks heard all last year and so far this year. Teams never talk about why they will win; they always talk about why the Seahawks will lose. They have to find flaws in the Seahawks because they cant find any strengths in their own team.

So give us 1 good reason why the Bears can win this game? Home field? Urlacher?

Your D wont win this one. If you blitz we dump to MoMo all day. If you man up you have DJack in 1:1 coverage and get burned all day. If you play zone we hit Engram and Branch over the middle and walk down the field all day.

Offensively you cant beet the speed of our defense (our LBs have better 40 times then your WR), you wont be able to run against us (#2 rated Run D in the league), and your Quarterback used up all his amazing points in the first 3 games.

Not to mention the Seahawks pretty much own the Bears; we are 6-2 liftime against you and 3-1 at your home field. So much for home field advantage.

Face it Bears fans.. you're focked. But hey, you still have Urlacher :pointstosky:

Nice post, added some points I left out. Here is another interesting comparison. Back in 2003, the Hawks were going into Baltimore to play Ray Lewis and the Vaunted Ravens D. Overall the Ravens finished 2003 # 3 in total D, made the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

The Hawks went into their backyard and hung 466 yards and 41 points on them. Hass threw for 333 and 5 Td's. What does that mean? Well, it means that this Hawk O is better than the 2003 O and if DaBears take them as lightly as the Ravens did, 41 points will not be out of the question. Am I saying that is defintely going to happen? No. But I sure hope Lovie and the boys are taking them lightly :pointstosky:

Now you are bringing up something from 3 years ago?

And saying this O...without Alexander just must be better?

I would not hang my hopes on scoring 41 points on this Bears team...given how well they have played as a unit...even if you do want to go back to this year.

And what you forget about that game is....you freakin lost to the Ravens...44-41....with freakin Anthony Wright at the helm.

Nice post, added some points I left out. Here is another interesting comparison. Back in 2003, the Hawks were going into Baltimore to play Ray Lewis and the Vaunted Ravens D. Overall the Ravens finished 2003 # 3 in total D, made the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

The Hawks went into their backyard and hung 466 yards and 41 points on them. Hass threw for 333 and 5 Td's. What does that mean? Well, it means that this Hawk O is better than the 2003 O and if DaBears take them as lightly as the Ravens did, 41 points will not be out of the question. Am I saying that is defintely going to happen? No. But I sure hope Lovie and the boys are taking them lightly B)

well, theres been too much..seattle has nothing because...well, i dont know who hill is, talk going on...

this game WILL be tough..the weathers gotten sharply colder and windier..lovie and holmgren are familiar with each other from stl-seattle matchups...

carolina was smoked by the bears in chicago earlier...theres NO reason that the panthers shouldve made THAT many adjustments and came back and wooped them the way they did...

this will pretty much be for home field...i think seattle can lose and still go to chicago in the playoffs and make the proper changes and win..

but i would rather win this and have the bears come to a place where the home team hasnt lost since 2004...

i think of the bryant johnson long td catch down the middle vs seattle week 2 and i think of the fact that berrian has done that every week so far..i am both worried and yet confident that seattle has found a way to prevent that...

itll be different this week..the bears will be able to hear the signals and get a jump off the line..

maybe we need to treat it is...keep the ball in the bears hands...better chance to score off of grossman then against the d...like the old ravens... :lol:

seriously though...over $350 for tickets? are the bears nuts?....i almost went to this game..theres no way i would pay over 650 to sit next to jim belushi... :pointstosky:

Sacked 3 times and Alexander ran for 3.4 yards per carry. a full yard below his career average.

I said they were better agaisnt NY G...but like I said to Lions fans after game one...do not put too much into what happened for that one game. While their line very well may have come together...they are still not shown to be as strong as what Chicago has as an oline all 3 games.

Im not saying it totally negates it...but week 3 does not negate what happened the first 2 weeks either.

One dynamic player could...true...that does not necessarily mean a more well-rounded O will simply just do the same thing.

I capitalized it because I find it funny you want to compare something that happened last year to something that could happen with a completely different opponent in week 4 of the season.

There is quite a difference between what happened several months ago...and what happened 3 weeks ago.

I brought up last year because this is the same Bear D as last year. And if Bear fans think that this Bear D is unbeatable, well, have at it. OBTW, the Bear D wasn't exactly dominant in Minny.

Actually I havn't seen a single logical reason from a bears fan on why the Bears will win. This is the same the Seahawks heard all last year and so far this year. Teams never talk about why they will win; they always talk about why the Seahawks will lose. They have to find flaws in the Seahawks because they cant find any strengths in their own team.

So give us 1 good reason why the Bears can win this game? Home field? Urlacher?

Your D wont win this one. If you blitz we dump to MoMo all day. If you man up you have DJack in 1:1 coverage and get burned all day. If you play zone we hit Engram and Branch over the middle and walk down the field all day.

Offensively you cant beet the speed of our defense (our LBs have better 40 times then your WR), you wont be able to run against us (#2 rated Run D in the league), and your Quarterback used up all his amazing points in the first 3 games.

Not to mention the Sehawks pretty much own the bears, we are 6-2 liftime against you and 3-1 at your home field. So much for homefield advantage.

Face it bears fans.. you're focked. But hey, you still have Urlacher :pointstosky:

Not a Bears fan...but reasons? So far Seattle has not been able to run the ball very well. Add in a very dinged up Alexander, if he even plays. Hasselbeck, while very good last week has not exactly lit the world on fire thus far this season.

The Bears have a defense that even if you want to go back to last year...gives up very few points...

That same Panthers team that gave them fits in the playoffs...had figured something out...because they scored a whopping 3 points earlier in the year against the Bears.

You act as if you will just have your way with that defense...well...you cannot just count on that...because you all have had games like week 1 against a Detroit team that Chicago and Green Bay shredded.

You can talk about how great and fast your D is...and Im sure they are fine...but the better 40 times than their WRs is bull...nor do 40 times mean a thing when the pads are on and the game is being played.

Historical record of what has gone on is meaningless at this point.

FAce it...you are acting overconfident to hide the fact that you really are not so sure about this game.

I brought up last year because this is the same Bear D as last year. And if Bear fans think that this Bear D is unbeatable, well, have at it. OBTW, the Bear D wasn't exactly dominant in Minny.

Nobody thinks it is unbeatable.

However, if you want to go back to last year...they also held Carolina to 3 points in their first meeting.

The defense allowed 3 FGs and held them under 300 total yards and forced 2 turnovers...pretty dominant.

However, if you want to go back to last year...they also held Carolina to 3 points in their first meeting.

that they did..and shortly after...carolina returned..took their notes and whipped up on them...the infamous "ignore" game...

i didnt forget the ravens game comment..i didnt even want to see it brought up..that was back when the D gave up 18 in the last 3 minutes every other week..good times :dunno: and no, im not going to look up the bad calls in that game..but i remember the league commenting on that game..what a mess THAT game was..

u think muhsin muhammed is faster than julian peterson?...what player has exposed the seattle D this year? i wont ignore the super bowl..even it is WAS last year...seattle was burned by el and ward..

theyve added jennings..peterson..tapp for the d line..hamlins back..

this game could be 35-30...stranger things have happened...but im guessing it wont be 35-3 at half..

that they did..and shortly after...carolina returned..took their notes and whipped up on them...the infamous "ignore" game...

i didnt forget the ravens game comment..i didnt even want to see it brought up..that was back when the D gave up 18 in the last 3 minutes every other week..good times :dunno: and no, im not going to look up the bad calls in that game..but i remember the league commenting on that game..what a mess THAT game was..

u think muhsin muhammed is faster than julian peterson?...what player has exposed the seattle D this year? i wont ignore the super bowl..even it is WAS last year...seattle was burned by el and ward..

theyve added jennings..peterson..tapp for the d line..hamlins back..

this game could be 35-30...stranger things have happened...but im guessing it wont be 35-3 at half..

Is muhsin the only WR the Bears have? The comment was that they ran faster 40 times than the Bears WRs...not just one WR.

Im not saying that anyone has exposed them...or even that the Bears will expose them (funny because you can look and I never have said such a thing). I think this will be more of a defensive battle coming down to the obvious key factor of turnovers.

Oh...and for all those laughing about the 34-3 thing...its an old joke with Packers and Bears games that has evolved into just about any game involving one of those two teams....nobody actually thinks the Bears will win 34-3.

this guy started the post just go get some attention, does that remind you of somebody *Cough T.O.

Rex Grossman came back to earth last week when he faced a above average defense against the vikings. Playing great against the packers and then the lions who are 1-5 together does not count.

Bears play tough defense but lack the smart part. Thats why they will be killed in the playoffs. Same thing goes with the Jaguars.

Bears will be BURNED this weekend by 4 receivers.

Oh...and for all those laughing about the 34-3 thing...its an old joke with Packers and Bears games that has evolved into just about any game involving one of those two teams....nobody actually thinks the Bears will win 34-3.

my bad....i ignore the gb-bears threads....they arent as much fun as they were the first 10 years of favres career...

I do think Seattle is the better team but it will be interesting to see how they do with Morris in the game. Im a huge Seattle fan but I try to be reasonable when it comes to threads like this. As far as the linebacker comparisons, I truly believe Seattle has the best linebacker core in football right now. There secondary is also vastly better then last year. I think there defense is right there with Chicago. On the offensive side of the ball, Seattle has the definite advantage. I think it will be a close game but Seattle will win by 10. . .

The 34-3 threads were actually from me 5 years ago. I posted that score one week and the bears won. Saw it as a karma / good luck thing and continued each week with Bears 34 - <opponent> 3 threads. This was the 13-3 season back in the hayday of this board before it was over run by so many anonymous new users.

Now for the game, the Bears have home field, the hawks are hurting at RB and the bears D is the fastest and best in the league - far better than the seahawks. You can cherry pick the one game by Steve Smith if you like, but Seattle doesnt have Steve Smith or anyone of his talent level. Jackson is good, Branch is average and rusty and Burleson and Engram are journeymen players that are not going to carry a team to victory.

On the Sea side, they have some troubling stats - Their sacks are 9 for and 8 against. (Bears are 10 and 2). Last year was 57-24 for Sea, so in the early going, the loss of Hutch is definately felt and the D is just not making as many big plays as before.

The Seattle O is actually averaging less per play than their weak opponents (4.7 yds to 4.9)

Chi's O is averaging 5.7 per play. The Bears are not the same one dimensional team that they were last year. Grossman is throwing downfield and has a 100 passer rating. Against fairly crappy defences, hass has an 88 rating including 5 INTs.

Minnesota's D was suppose to be the big test and Grossman did well against them with 270+ yards and the winning TD drive.

Seattle fans are fools or delusional homers if they think their team now is far superior to the Bears. This will be a huge game where both teams are contenders. Not easy for either side. Homefield and health are in Chi's favour. I also think they will come out flying in this one playing against the SB losing team. They have the national spotlight on Sunday night and want to prove themselves as a legit SB contender.

Bears 24 - Sea 17

The 34-3 threads were actually from me 5 years ago.

I still miss your Steak4214 alias. :rolleyes:

I still miss your Steak4214 alias. :thumbsdown:

ha! You have quite the memory - a troll from 5 yrs ago who was around for 1 thread and then disappeared and you bring up his name like it was yesterday. Don never forgets a trol.

<wasnt me> :D

Minnesota's D was suppose to be the big test and Grossman did well against them with 270+ yards and the winning TD drive.

Seattle fans are fools or delusional homers if they think their team now is far superior to the Bears. This will be a huge game where both teams are contenders. Not easy for either side. Homefield and health are in Chi's favour. I also think they will come out flying in this one playing against the SB losing team. They have the national spotlight on Sunday night and want to prove themselves as a legit SB contender.

Bears 24 - Sea 17

Though, Grossman also threw for 2 INTs...one returned for a TD...

I think the teams are very close...no huge advantage either way...but that was with a healthy Alexander...without him I tip the scales in the Bears favor...especially at home.

ha! You have quite the memory - a troll from 5 yrs ago who was around for 1 thread and then disappeared and you bring up his name like it was yesterday. Don never forgets a trol.

<wasnt me> :dunno:

After one futile and disappointing attempt a young FFTodayer regains his composure, logs in under a new handle and becomes FFToday legend.....

Swamp Dog!!!

Ok. Let's look at what's been done so far this season.

Seattle (3-0), 20th Off., 8th Def., scored 72 (24/game), allowed 46 (15/game).

Won @ Detroit (0-3), 9-6. Detroit really sucks, 21st Off., 24th Def.

Won vs. Arizona (1-2), 21-10. Arizona sucks, 15th Off., 26th Def.

Won vs N.Y. Giants (1-2), 42-30. Giants aren't that good, 2nd Off. (skewed), 27th Def.

2 wins at home vs. bad teams, 1 win on the road vs bad team

Bears (3-0), 7th Off., 4th Def., scored 79 (24+/game), allowed 23 (7+/game).

Won @ G.B. (1-2), 26-0. Pack is not good, 9th Off., 31st Def.

Won vs Detroit (0-3), 34-7. Lions really suck, 21st Off., 24th Def.

Won @ Vikings (2-1), 19-16. Vikings are good, 18th Off., 13th Def.

1 win at home vs bad team, 2 wins on road (1 bad team, 1 good team)

The Bears have the only good win over a good team, and that was on the road.

This game is being played in Chicago, advantage Bears.

The Seahawks have not faced a defense as good as the Bears as of yet, the best was the Lions

and they suck. And the Lions held them to 9 pts on the road. Did I mention the Lions suck?

Bears Defense > Seahawks Offense

The Bears offense is much better than last year. Seahawks have a good defense but

not as good as the Bears and will not completely shutdown the Bears O.

Bears Offense = Seahawks Defense

This game will not be a blowout in any form. The Bears D will limit the Seahawks and the Bears Offense and ST will do enough for them to win this game.

Bears 20, Seahawks 13.

The Bears have the only good win over a good team, and that was on the road.

This game is being played in Chicago, advantage Bears.

The Seahawks have not faced a defense as good as the Bears as of yet, the best was the Lions

and they suck. And the Lions held them to 9 pts on the road. Did I mention the Lions suck?

Bears Defense > Seahawks Offense

The Bears offense is much better than last year. Seahawks have a good defense but

not as good as the Bears and will not completely shutdown the Bears O.

Bears Offense = Seahawks Defense

This game will not be a blowout in any form. The Bears D will limit the Seahawks and the Bears Offense and ST will do enough for them to win this game.

Bears 20, Seahawks 13.

I disagree with every single thing you just wrote. I want to hit myself in the head with a hammer until I lose consciousness, hoping to forget. My head hurts from reading that.

Enjoy the game. :cheers:

I disagree with every single thing you just wrote. I want to hit myself in the head with a hammer until I lose consciousness, hoping to forget. My head hurts from reading that.

Enjoy the game. :cheers:

Everything?

So you think Seattle has faced a defense as good as the Bears this year?

You think the Bears offense is not better than they were last year?

You think the game will be a blowout?

Here's an article from the Bears' scout.com site (pay):

Hasselbeck Not Crazy About Facing Bears D Premium Story

Hasselbeck and Branch have connected quickly

Hasselbeck and Branch have connected quickly

By John M. Crist

Editor in Chief

Posted Sep 27, 2006

Seattle quarterback Matt Hasselbeck was head coach Mike Holmgren's hand-picked choice to run his version of the west coast offense. After some growing pains along the way, the former boston College Eagle has emerged as one of the best QBs in football. Hasselbeck talked with the Chicago media via conference call at Halas Hall on Wednesday, and Bear Report was there to hear what he had to say.

Another in a long line of starting NFL quarterbacks who cut his teeth backing up Brett Favre in Green Bay, Matt Hasselbeck has developed into one of the premier signal-callers in football. He got Seattle all the way to the big game last year, posting a career-best 98.2 passer rating in the process. Anxious to get back to center stage after losing to Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XL, Hasselbeck & Company are the chalk team to win the NFC once again.

The Seahawks rode their high-powered offense and destroyed the barely-competitive NFC West a season ago. Hasselbeck may have been the man calling plays in the huddle, but it was tailback Shaun Alexander who was named MVP of the league and ultimately became the coverboy for Madden NFL `07. But with Alexander now furthering the myth of the Madden Curse and suffering a cracked bone in his foot, Hasselbeck doesn't know how much of an effect his main weapon's absence will have on the offense.

"I'm not sure," he said. "Probably not a whole lot. There's certain things that he does for our offense, and there's certain things that he doesn't do. He's not even on the field. In some areas it's not a big deal, but in others it is because he's been the guy here. He's gotten every snap, every rep, every carry. The next guy is going to have to step up. Whether that's Mo Morris or Mack Strong or somebody else, that guy just has to be ready to go, and hopefully we do the best we can with it. But it's never easy when you lose a player like that, and I think we just got to find a way to overcome it."

Seattle had the best offense in the NFC a year ago while the Bears featured the best defense, and although the irresistable-force-versus-immovable-object playoff game never materialized, Hasselback was not looking forward to that challenge.

"No way," he said. "Not me. I was not rooting for that matchup. They're a great defense, and why would you want to go to Chicago, or even have them come (to Seattle). That would be a very tough way to go. We don't have the choice this year. We have to go there. We have to play them. So we're going to do the best we can."

Seattle shredded the Giants a week ago through the air using a lot of formations featuring four wide receivers - Hasselbeck threw five touchdown passes - so he was asked if having that personnel on the field gives his offense and advantage.

"I don't know if that's going to be as big of a part of our plan as it was last week," he said. "Certainly, the element of surprise helped us last week. There's no way the Giants could have spent the amount of time necessary preparing for that because they're most likely preparing for what we've always done, and that's to be a pretty balanced, multiple-formation, multiple-personnel group offense. Because of our injury situation last week, I think we tried to surprise them a little bit and take advantage of some things early, and we were able to do that. I don't know that we still have that element of surprise on our side anymore, so I'm not sure if that's going to be as big of a deal as it was last week. But it worked last week for us, and hopefully we can come up with something this week to give us an advantage."

The addition of Deion Branch could have caused quite a stir in the Seattle receiving corps, but according to Hasselbeck, the former Super Bowl MVP's arrival hasn't disturbed the depth chart all that much.

"Really, the only guy it's changed is Nate Burleson. We haven't touched Bobby (Engram). We haven't touched Darrell (Jackson). Nate and Deion are sharing reps from time to time in our four wide receiver package that we were in last week. We just kept Deion at one spot so he could learn that, but now he's much more comfortable, and I think we got the ability to be a little bit more exotic that way. I think those guys have done a great job adjusting."

It would be understandable if Hasselbeck put some additional pressure on his own shoulders since it appears that Alexander may miss a few games, but according to head coach Mike Holmgren, he thinks his QB won't try to do too much.

"I hope not," Holmgren said. "One of the things I talked to the quarterback about that's no different over the years is that you don't have to win the game by yourself. I think when a quarterback goes into the game thinking that, any quarterback, then he doesn't play so well. There are other guys on this team that can play football. I would hope he wouldn't view it that way. I'm certainly going to talk to him about it. Mo Morris is a good football player. Mack Strong is having a good year. We have some receivers that can run some routes and so on. He doesn't have to win the game by himself."

The Soldier Field crowd is bound to be in a frenzy by the time NBC's prime time coverage kicks off on Sunday night, but with last season's Super Bowl experience under his belt, Hasselbeck should be tough to rattle.

My guess is you havnt seen a Seahawks game. Get used to the #51. You will see it a lot Sunday, as Tatupu blows up most of your plays.

Bears D > Seahawks O? Now thats funny. Will it be a test? Yes. But I dont think the Bears D have played this type of Offense and will struggle to find an answer to the number of weapons the Seahawks can put out there. Last week when the Seahawks went 4 wide not only was there 1 player open, some plays Hasslebeck said everyone was open. So unless Chicago can respond to that level of talent on the field at one time they wont be able to stop Seattle. Can they? I dont know, thats why we play the games. 1 of 2 things will happen. Hasslebeck will get hammered all day by the blitz and it will be a close game, or the Seahawks will blow out the Bears through the air.

The Bears offense is a Fraud. You will see that Sunday. The Seahawks wont blitz and will still come away with 4 or 5 coverage sacks on the day. Assuming Grossman is smart. If not, if he pulls an Eli, you will see another 3-4 ints.

I think this will be a great game. I'm looking forward to it.

Everything?

So you think Seattle has faced a defense as good as the Bears this year?

You think the Bears offense is not better than they were last year?

You think the game will be a blowout?

Seattle faced the Giants, which is the best defense and best overall team that Chicago or Seattle have faced. And throw out the Giants stats. The Giants played the Colts, Eagles, and Seattle, three of the best offenses in the league, so their stats will be skewed quite a bit. The Giants were solid last year, and will be solid by the end of this year. They are still one of the best teams in the league. Yes, Chicago has a better defense than the Giants. And this is by far the best offense Chicago has seen this year.

The Bears were a run dominant team with Thomas Jones last year. While Grossman is an upgrade over Orton for sure, until Chicago starts to get some consistency running the ball, they will struggle to score points on half way decent defenses. Like Minnesota. And Seattle has a better defense than Minnesota. Much better. I am not ready to say the Bears even have an average offense yet until the face some better competition. This game will be a nice showcase.

Will the game be a blowout? Probably not, but this is a thread with a lot of unrealistic predictions, including some of mine. Seattle has unleashed a passing game that is simply unfair for other defenses to have to cover. And just wait until Seattle gets their TEs healthy. Yikes. The Bears better get a ton of pressure on Hasselbeck and often, or the weather better be windy, or Brown gets FG blocked, because I really strongly believe Seattle is perfectly capable of winning this game by double digits.

Seattle faced the Giants, which is the best defense and best overall team that Chicago or Seattle have faced. And throw out the Giants stats. The Giants played the Colts, Eagles, and Seattle, three of the best offenses in the league, so their stats will be skewed quite a bit. The Giants were solid last year, and will be solid by the end of this year. They are still one of the best teams in the league. Yes, Chicago has a better defense than the Giants. And this is by far the best offense Chicago has seen this year.

The Bears were a run dominant team with Thomas Jones last year. While Grossman is an upgrade over Orton for sure, until Chicago starts to get some consistency running the ball, they will struggle to score points on half way decent defenses. Like Minnesota. And Seattle has a better defense than Minnesota. Much better. I am not ready to say the Bears even have an average offense yet until the face some better competition. This game will be a nice showcase.

Will the game be a blowout? Probably not, but this is a thread with a lot of unrealistic predictions, including some of mine. Seattle has unleashed a passing game that is simply unfair for other defenses to have to cover. And just wait until Seattle gets their TEs healthy. Yikes. The Bears better get a ton of pressure on Hasselbeck and often, or the weather better be windy, or Brown gets FG blocked, because I really strongly believe Seattle is perfectly capable of winning this game by double digits.

The Giants D...is in no way near what the Chicago defense is. Yes, their stats will be skewed a bit. But even last year...Bears were 1st in points against, 2nd in yards....Giants were 14th in points against, 24th in yards.

And not enough has changed on either team to really change that.

The Bears were a run dominant team...and they do need to start running it better. Week 1 and 2 I think part of that was Detroit and Green Bay trying to first stop the run.

But I think Grossman is an upgrade over Orton...though I think I would be an upgrade over Orton. I think the WRs are playing better as well...and the Oline is quite solid.

I think without Alexander now, it makes it a bit easier to cover the WRs...because Mo does not really frighten many people at this point.

Im a Chicago homer and a die hard bear fan.......34-3???.....i duno about that......but a bears win? i think so

My prediction 20-10 Bears

2 TDs by bears.... one via offense and one via Def./ST.....and 2 FG

One TD via pass for seattle and one FG

After all the bickering in this thread, I hope it ends up a tie.

Completely unbiased opinion, I think Seattle cruises.

Just for argument's sake...

Seattle's opponents:

DET - 24th defense (9 points), 21st offense (6 points)

ARZ - 26th defense (21 points), 15th offense (10 points)

NYG - 27th defense (42 points), 2nd offense (30 points, I think Giants D scored 7 here so 23)

Chicago's opponents:

GB - 31st defense (26 points), 7th offense (0 points)

DET - 26th defense (34 points), 21st offense (7 points)

MIN - 12th defense (19 points), 18th ofense (13 points, but 7 cam from Minny's D, so the D really gave up 6)

I am not arguing any points here, just thought I would put this up for comparison purposes.

I'm a Hawk fan and I think you are an idiot. 34-3?? Can I remind you the Bears don't get to play GB, Det, or Minn next week?

I admit this is probably our toughest game of the year but MVP or no MVP we'll put up points at Soldiers Field.

And you think Grossman, his WR group, and non-existant running game will do better than Warner/Fitz/Boldin/Edge or Manning/Burress/Toomer/Shockey/Barber?

Let me tell you that you have not seen a defense this good since the superbowl. The Bears are going to hurt Hasselback.

Let me tell you that you have not seen a defense this good since the superbowl. The Bears are going to hurt Hasselback.

I seem to remember the Seahawks putting up 10 in that game. But hey, they can score on anybody. :pointstosky:

For the love of god.. do we have to talk about the Superbowl? Because then we have to talk about all the points the refs took from the Hawks. So lets just not go there. Some of us are still a little bitter. :pointstosky:

Regarding the Carolina game last year, dont read too much into it. That was not necessarily an indictment of a weakness in the defence. There was alot of reasons that can be pointed to for that loss, primarily, the coaching staff and misfortune.

The first TD, Tillman fell down and the safety did not get over in time. In a cover two, the safety needs to recognize that play and haul ass to the point of reception. Chris harris did not do so.

The 2nd TD, Thompson was at CB. Most Bear fans were shouting "Who the hell is this guy". He also fell and harris again did not cover the deep route.

From a coaching standpoint, you have the best WR in the game, an injured running attack, Keary freaking Colbert on the other side and no TE to speak of. Instead of double or triple teaming the one threat like Sea did, the Bears coaching staff did not adjust their D to the opposition. They didnt adjust at halftime nor in the 4th quarter. I dont know if it was ego, pigheadedness or just being plain clueless that they couldnt figure out how to stop 1 guy.

I put that loss and Smith's production on the coaching staff.

Despite the best D in the league, the Bears also added top it this year and are even better than last. Daniel manning now starts instead of Harris and Ricky manning adds depth as the nickel back. mark Anderson has replaced departed haynes and Dvoracek has been a part of the best DT rotation in the league - the interior line for the hawks took the big hit with Hutch leaving and will be overmatched. The other addition is Rasheed Davis and Devin Hester on KRs. This was a big weakness last year. 4 rookies already contributing as well as the key FA acquisition.

well, i for one..am not putting much stock in that playoff game..i only bring it up when others trash seattle in an odd way...

im a big lovie smith fan..there isnt a gb fan that wouldnt take him here..(many wont admit it)...

hes smart..focused and determined..when he said he 3 goals and the first was to beat gb..people here respected that and took it as a compliment...

it used to be the thing to beat gb..now, if you DONT, youll get chewed out..

seattle never had that until holmgren came around and thanks to the dropped passes and soft d..he was on the hot seat..im glad he made it through that..hes the best coach seattles ever had...

as for the game..i dont see seattle going 4 wide and throwing at will..

matts had it easy..week 1 was shaky..but in the past..matts had it easy..everyones open, as hes said..but it wont be this way..if hes patient and takes whats given..the bend but dont break D..FG chances will be there..and Gould has been solid as well..

Mili is practicing..but thats not saying a ton..if Hellers the guy, TE is a bit thin..

i think its exciting that its finally to the point where there arent many games that make u think, wow..i dont know how theyll win this one..they can..but need to be their best..the bears and hawks dont get many opponents that strike fear in them..this game is one..

and it helps both in the long run..u can get sloppy playing gb, det all year..you need a playoff type game to bring the focus back....

im glad this weather system will be gone by sunday..windy and rainy isnt good...59 for game time would be ideal for seattle...

"no hawks fan will make excuses."

Funny didn't their coach and a great deal of their fans say that the refs cost them the Superbowl last year?

For the love of god.. do we have to talk about the Superbowl? Because then we have to talk about all the points the refs took from the Hawks. So lets just not go there. Some of us are still a little bitter. ;)

Oh yep... there it is again.

Score

Bears 45

Seahawks 2

Seahawks get the 2 only because Grossman throws the ball entirely around the globe, catches it himself, and is takled in the endzone.

If only we had a team of miniDitkas......it would be

MiniDitkas - 107

Seahawks - 0

Funny didn't their coach and a great deal of their fans say that the refs cost them the Superbowl last year?

did you WATCH the game last year? or are u one of those who only tune in for commercials?....

Even Steeler fans will tell you the hawks lost the game due to refs.. that game was a sham.. but can we please move on to this match-up? Its going to be a great game!

He absolutely did and for damn good reasons. The more pertinent question you should be asking yourself is, "Why didn't the NFL fine him for slamming the officials?" I'll give you three guesses, the first two don't count.