Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Favorite Hamburger Toppings

Me? It's gotta be Provolone with Sauteed Mushrooms and Guacamole.

- It's not 'traditional', but definitely one of my faves.

Everybody raves about bacon on a burger, - and don't get me wrong - I loves me some bacon - I'm still looking to put bacon on ice cream - but I've never been uber impressed with bacon on a burger.

A chef friend of mine taught me this: If you're gonna do bacon, the best way is to cook it up a litte bit ahead of time (bacon seems to cook slower than ground beef), then mix it in with the ground beef, form the patty and grill it. The extra fat makes for one hell of a tasty and juicy burger. :mad:

A chef friend of mine taught me this: If you're gonna do bacon, the best way is to cook it up a litte bit ahead of time (bacon seems to cook slower than ground beef), then mix it in with the ground beef, form the patty and grill it. The extra fat makes for one hell of a tasty and juicy burger. :mad:

At Whole Foods they make patties with the cheese and bacon already ground in to it.

Bacon and bleu cheese burger is focking good!

In college there was this one deli that made a bacon cheesesteak this way. The chopped up pieces of bacon, mixed in w/the chooped steak and provelone.

YUM!!! Daffy Deli is/was (?) the shizzle (way before we even knew what a shizzle or a nizzle was.)

Cheese, bacon and (runny) fried egg w/ 1/2lb burger on a kaiser roll

heart attack waiting to happen I know

(Oh yeah ketchup AND Mustard!)

top of the bun? :)

blue cheese, bacon, avacado, fried jalapeno strips, spicy mustard :yum:

Cheese, bacon and (runny) fried egg w/ 1/2lb burger on a kaiser roll

heart attack waiting to happen I know

(Oh yeah ketchup AND Mustard!)

I've seen a fried egg on a burger before - never tried it though.

A Pickle. An absolute must for a Hamburger. Nothing makes a hamburger taste more hamburgery than a nice dill pickle. One from the Butcher is even better.

Deliciious. A slice of tomato doesn't hurt either but a pickle is key.

HTH

A Pickle. An absolute must for a Hamburger. Nothing makes a hamburger taste more hamburgery than a nice dill pickle. One from the Butcher is even better.

Deliciious. A slice of tomato doesn't hurt either but a pickle is key.

HTH

all that pickle talk leads me to believe you're playing for the other team.

At Whole Foods they make patties with the cheese and bacon already ground in to it.

Bacon and bleu cheese burger is focking good!

you just made my stomachh growl!!! now i have to get a burger tonight!! 5 Guys Here I come!!!

turkey burger with an ortega chili and a spicy chipotle spread. beef is for fat people and rednecks (or fat rednecks) :dunno:

I've seen a fried egg on a burger before - never tried it though.

its a drunk thing for usre. I do not think I'd eat it sober - actually I know I wouldn't. The egg has to be a little runny so the yolk drips onto your french fries! yummy :P

I prefer the Juicy Lucy. Cheese on the inside, and a couple slices of bacon and pickles. Good stuff!

Generally speaking: grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, cheese, ketchup, mustard. That's my general burger.

The best burger I've ever had was at the Vortex in Atlanta. It was burger dipped in Buffalo wing sauce and then topped with lettuce, tomato, and an ice cream scoop of blue cheese.

Avacado, swiss cheese or Pepper jack cheese, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, sauteed mushrooms.

:ninja:

Fancy burger: Avocado, sharp cheddar, mayo.

Cheap burger: Ketchup, mustard, mayo, shredded lettuce, pickles, and real American cheese.

Crap, I'm hungry now.