Sign in to follow this  
davebg

Orlando Magic fan loses season tix for using the "M" word

The fan who allegedly directed a racial slur at Houston Rockets center Dikembe Mutombo was banned for the season Monday by the NBA and Orlando Magic.

Season-ticket holder Hooman Hamzehloui allegedly called Mutombo a "monkey" Thursday at a preseason game between the Rockets and the Magic. Mutombo -- a native of Zaire, which is now called the Democratic Republic of Congo -- yelled back at Hamzehloui and gestured from the court.

Hamzehloui was ejected from the game. The league said Hamzehloui is also barred from attending games at any NBA arena this season. Orlando said it will refund his season-ticket payment.

Mutombo said after the game he would go into the stands if it ever happened again, but told Houston television station KRIV on Monday that he has already forgiven Hamzehloui.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/bask...o.ap/index.html

OK, a few comments about this.

First of all, "monkey"? :banana: I've heard a lot worse from other fans in the stands, the players on the court/field and, well, even network TV. To my knowledge "monkey" is not one of those words you can't say on television. If it's good enough for the FCC... :dunno:

Second, the guy who shouted it is named Hooman Hamzehloui. So, uh, Hooman, exactly what color is your skin? I mean, Hamzehloui isn't exactly the most WASPy name I've ever heard.

Finally, Mutombo said he'd go into the stands if it happened again? Yeah :banana: that seems like an appropriate response. Some ignorant fock calls you an animal. Obviously the way to handle that situation is to confirm his statement as fact by acting like an animal and going into the stands to start a mini-riot so ESPN has something to talk about w/out making up its own news. <_<

pussifcation of america reigns supreme as usual. <_<

by the way when is Shaq gonna apologize for taunting Yao Ming with “ching-chong-yang-wah-ah-soh”

Didn't Mutumbo once kill a lion with his bare hands to prove his manhood in Africa when he was young?

Would you want him charging into the stands to get at you? :unsure:

Didn't Mutumbo once kill a lion with his bare hands to prove his manhood in Africa when he was young?

Would you want him charging into the stands to get at you? :unsure:

:lol:

Really? :clap:

Was Charles "coconut head" Barkley suspended for a year for spitting on a white girl? Was he suspended for a year for saying "See, that's why I hate white people"? Were Alan Houston and Charlie Ward suspended for a year for demonizing Jews (who happen to make up 75% of the crowd at MSG) in an interview with NY magazine? Or Shaq for his retarded Yao bullsh!t?

I see a trend here ... double standard, and POOSIFICATION GALORE!!!

I think that anyone who gives a crap about the NBA is frickin' lame. Those dumb a$$' clowns couldn't even win against the world in those overseas tournaments.

So, let Bron-Bron, D-Wade and 'Melo go back to their bling, their b!tches, their whips, their kicks, their 420, etc. THEY WERE BEATEN DOWN BY PASTY BOYS FROM GREECE!!! Exposed as the focktards they are.

That whole league can go ###### itself. It's a cesspool. :headbanger:

:Motumbo finger-wave:

Would you want him charging into the stands to get at you? :dunno:

They thought it was Motumbo but it was actaully a really skinny monkey.

In light of this news, several thousand NY Knicks season ticket holders plan on calling Mutombo "monkey" when he comes to MSG.

You know it..... :doh:

Migger? :doh:

In light of this news, several thousand NY Knicks season ticket holders plan on calling Mutombo "monkey" when he comes to MSG.

Gotta' do something to entertain yourself at a Knicks game (although their play on the court will be amusing.)

The one that really pixxed me off was when Dan Issel got busted for telling a bunch of axxholes that were shouting the most vile shiit at him to "shut up ya focking Messicans".

Now, never MIND the fact that these guys WERE indeed Messicans. (and of course, never mind that they were saying some truly vile things) They felt it was 'offensive'. LULAC and all the other wetbacks got upset and it was a huge deal. I mean, if you called me a focking American, I'd have no recourse. If you called me a focking Irishman, I'd couldn't say shiit.

So, I guess my point is: It's about time fans started getting some repurcussions for the shiit they say. Your $75 doesn't give you a free ticket to shout the most vile crap about a man, his family and/or his ancestory. - Especially with other fans around. I don't mind seeing this - Because if you've ever been to a British/Irish event, they make a Klan rally look like an ACLU picnic.

Now, back to the point. Calling a black buy a monkey is pretty offensive. Never mind the fact that one of the Williams sisters look pretty much exactly like KoKo the sign language gorilla. - In fact, I think it's the fact that there's some truth in it that makes the 'monkey' comment so offensive.

Now, back to the point. Calling a black buy a monkey is pretty offensive. Never mind the fact that one of the Williams sisters look pretty much exactly like KoKo the sign language gorilla. - In fact, I think it's the fact that there's some truth in it that makes the 'monkey' comment so offensive.

Wiffle just won this thread ;)

Don't bank on it ... the majority of that crowd are PC twats from the upper east/west sides. The rest are clueless numb nuts taking advantage of corporate seat plans.

The days of the raucous "blue seaters" at MSG have long been over. It's indicative of the emasculation this entire City has gone through since Giulliani left.