Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

***The Official "Ocho Cinco" is the BUST of the Year Thread***

I stubbornly/ignorantly/stupidly/blindly/painfully keep putting this POS in my starting lineup only to watch him log 40 yrds and run his mouth a lot. On draft day I thought I got a gift from the FF GODS when the dude in front of me took Randy Moss and left CJ on the board for me, what a waste. This guy was projected to be the #1 WR in FF this year, and he's now the 3RD FREAKIN BEST WR ON HIS OWN DAMNED TEAM?! BEHIND GUYS THAT HAVE BOTH MISSED 2 GAMES DUE TO INJ/SUSPENSION?!?! HEY OCHO CINCO, STFU AND CATCH SOME BALLS!!!

I've been saying for the past 3 weeks it's time to get rid of him -- only now it'll be difficult to get someone of any consequense. His value is as low as it's gonna get, so those who still have him may have to ride it out.

I made a move about a month ago and traded Chad for Bulger and it's paying off handsomely. Much like taking a chance on a player during the draft, sometimes we have to take a chance on getting rid of a player - espcially when it's as obvious as Chad.

That Bengal schedule is a monster, so any turnaround from Chad may be small at best.

Edge and Lamont Jordan are far more of a bust.

I don't recall 85 being drafted in the 1st round in any league.

I've been saying for the past 3 weeks it's time to get rid of him -- only now it'll be difficult to get someone of any consequense. His value is as low as it's gonna get, so those who still have him may have to ride it out.

I made a move about a month ago and traded Chad for Bulger and it's paying off handsomely. Much like taking a chance on a player during the draft, sometimes we have to take a chance on getting rid of a player - espcially when it's as obvious as Chad.

That Bengal schedule is a monster, so any turnaround from Chad may be small at best.

Johnson finally has started to complain about not being used properly--who knows, maybe the Bungles will sit up, listen, and toss a few more throws his way. That way, those of us who still have him might get 4 points instead of 3. :banana:

Bigger bust than Lamont Jordan? That's pushing it as at least Senor Cinco's been scoring some points.

Did anyone see the interview with him after the game? He seriously looked like he was going to break out in tears when they asked him if he was happy with how he is being utilized.

Blame Carson Palmer. Guy is playing scared. The pick he had returned for a TD was a ball intended for CJ where he open. Carson just made a terrible pass.

Let's not forget to mention Henry and Hoozyamomma are better.

I traded away Ocho Cinco and a 3rd rnd 2007 rookie pick for TO and a 2nd Rnd 2007 rookie pick. I have Marvin and TO as my WR1 & 2. With Colston and B.Edwards, Cotchery in reserve..

I too got fed up with the "mouth"...

I stubbornly/ignorantly/stupidly/blindly/painfully keep putting this POS in my starting lineup only to watch him log 40 yrds and run his mouth a lot. On draft day I thought I got a gift from the FF GODS when the dude in front of me took Randy Moss and left CJ on the board for me, what a waste. This guy was projected to be the #1 WR in FF this year, and he's now the 3RD FREAKIN BEST WR ON HIS OWN DAMNED TEAM?! BEHIND GUYS THAT HAVE BOTH MISSED 2 GAMES DUE TO INJ/SUSPENSION?!?! HEY OCHO CINCO, STFU AND CATCH SOME BALLS!!!

Being in a keeper league and a league that starts 3 WR's......with my first pick in the 2006 draft I selected the GREAT Chad Johnson......I am now sitting at 3-6. My keeper was none other than another bust this year the GREAT Caddy Williams.......

Check out my team....still can't believe I am 3-6..... :wall: :wall:

:cry: :first:

Being in a keeper league and a league that starts 3 WR's......with my first pick in the 2006 draft I selected the GREAT Chad Johnson......I am now sitting at 3-6. My keeper was none other than another bust this year the GREAT Caddy Williams.......

Check out my team....still can't believe I am 3-6..... :wall: :wall:

:lol: :angry:

HAD TO UPDATE MY TEAM TO SEE HOW GREAT I AM AT 3-6

It's hard to be more of a bust than Cadillac Williams right now. He's KILLING ME, but I have to hold on to a #1 RB in hopes Gruden will get his head out of his arse sometime this year. And I also have Carson Palmer, so you can guess how well my season is going.

How can a biggest bust discussion not include Shaun Alexander?

Injuries don't count if you ask me.

You can't fault a player for getting hurt.

Did anyone see the interview with him after the game? He seriously looked like he was going to break out in tears when they asked him if he was happy with how he is being utilized.

Blame Carson Palmer. Guy is playing scared. The pick he had returned for a TD was a ball intended for CJ where he open. Carson just made a terrible pass.

I started a thread way back in the summer right before FF draft season in which I stated that I thought CJ's stock would drop because of the Palmer's injury and was basically run off the board as a nut for suggesting that. I agree that Palmer doesn't look right and like I thought, CJ's prodiction has suffered.

He is a HUGE bust, maybe not the biggest but caertainly a runner-up.

Actually, aside from one monster season hasnt he been slightly over-rated fantasy wise to begin with? I mean he really does not have a consistent track recored of putting up WR #1 numbers. Not saying the numbers are bad, just that they are NOT WR #1 numbers like everyone expects.

Good Luck trading him now....hes as worthless as a football bat. :cheers:

if it makes you feel better, in my keeper league, i have CJ, shaun alexander, and cadillac williams. luckily i have mcnabb and westbrook who have carried me so far this season.

Actually, aside from one monster season hasnt he been slightly over-rated fantasy wise to begin with? I mean he really does not have a consistent track recored of putting up WR #1 numbers. Not saying the numbers are bad, just that they are NOT WR #1 numbers like everyone expects.

His number from 2003, 2004, 2005:

90/1355/10

95/1274/9

97/1432/9

Pretty good numbers over the three years he's been the guy. And consistent too, which what I want from a #1 WR. None of this Santana Moss 3 TD and then miss 3 games BS. I don't think you'll find too many guys not named Holt or Harrison that put up those kinds of numbers over the 3 year period.

While Chad's been a bust, I think Cadllac and Lamont have the edge in bust of the year voting.

We all laughed at an owner in our league for taking Houshyoumama in the 2nd round while Chad Johnson was still on the board.

I got Rudi in the 1st, Palmer in the 2nd and C.J. was sitting there for me in the 3rd. I was gonna take him thinking Cincy would put up nearly 30 points a game. Glad I took McGahee instead.

Rudi and McGahee are no longer on my team and nobody wants Palmer.

I can't wait for the 2007 draft! It's been a long Fantasy Football season for me already.

:mad: :wacko: :D

In a 14 team league Mr. Ocho Stinko was our first round pick at number 13. We then snagged Steve Smith at 16 followed by Chester Taylor and Frank Gore. We thought we were god's.

So I give a big F-U to Chad "Sucks my" Johnson. Luckily we traded him two weeks ago for Drew Bree's. With him and our 17th! round pick Marques Colston no one has gotten close to beating us. Chad Johnson can lick my taint as well as Carson Palmer and the entire Bengals offensive line.

BIG BUST CITY. Bengals = Pussies.

Top bust is between Edge / Caddy / Lamont Jordan.

Ocho Cinco is right behind them.

My opinion relative to their respective draft positions. All busts thus far.

:banana:

exactly, same with Shaun Alexander

I think comparitively speaking, CJ is as big a bust as Edge, at least Edge is the best RB on his own team, CJ can't even say that right now at the WR spot. People drafted Edge at the end of the first round knowing he wasn't going to be as successful in AZ. CJ was drafted as the first WR taken in a LOT of drafts and he's not even in the top 30 in most formats. But I will give "Hall of Shame" props to Caddy and Lamont over both. I tend to agree with anybody who excuses Alexander due to injury, although I contend he brought it on himself with the Madden Cover Jinx (as did anybody who drafted him knowing that he was on the Madden cover). Right now CJ's value is so low that I can't get anything for him, unless somebody is prospecting or hedging he's gonna turn it on. It's bench city for his arse on my team until he pulls out two "CJ of the last 3 years" weeks in a row.

Guest JahRasta311

I traded Ocho Cinco and Warrick Dunn For Rudi Johnson and Chris Chambers, I made out pretty well.

First I'm not a Bengals fan but why would you call him a Piece of Sh*t?

I didn't even read past that first sentence because of it. That's a bit of advice.

Second NO WAY is it Chad Johnson.

Sean Alexander is bust of the year so far. Far and away. Followed by Lamont Jordan.

Folks, we have been thru this before. I guess people don't remember 2004 when CJ couldn't find the end zone to save his life, and then went on a tear starting week 11. I think there were very similar posts...

I would suggest buying low if you can get him at the right price

and Cadi :rolleyes:

btw: I don't know anyone who had CJ ranked #1 overall WR. Every single person I know had either Steve Smith or Tory Holt as #1/#2 with guys like CJ, TO, Marv, Randy, etc being late 2nd rounders.

First I'm not a Bengals fan but why would you call him a Piece of Sh*t?

I didn't even read past that first sentence because of it. That's a bit of advice.

Second NO WAY is it Chad Johnson.

Sean Alexander is bust of the year so far. Far and away. Followed by Lamont Jordan.

Injury doesn't make you a BUST ! Alexander was injured on the first series on Game 1 !

BUST of the year goes to lamont Jordan , Caddilac Williams , and Chad Johnson

I agree that Lamont Jordan is the biggest bust of the year, considering he was ranked among the top backs in projections and expected to have a career season. Edge is at least producing, and far more than Jordan. Even Ocho Cinco still plays and posts some numbers, but obviously far less than what was expected. No one in the league has been a bigger disappointment than Lamont Jordan though...he's the Kevin Bustow of 2006.

...and in regards to Chad Johnson, I think too many FF owners get caught up in his verbal hype. They have that question "how you gonna stop 85?!" stuck in their heads so deep they actually believe it's impossible to answer. Get past the commercials, get past the motormouth, and you're left with a very average WR.