Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Can we finally admit McNafro is overrated?

Not to pull a Limbaugh here, but have you noticed that every time McNabb gets hurt, his replacements come in and kick axx? Hell, even Detmer looked like Joe Montana when he got his shot with the offense. McNafro has this great habit of throwing at a reciever's shins. Sure, it cuts down on interceptions, but, until they draft a smurf that can run a 4.0 40, it doesn't exactly help with the whole "catching the ball" concept. Now, Garcia comes in and looks like a world-beater too. - Kinda has to tell you something, no?

Can we finally just admit that McNabb is nothing more than an average QB? I mean, I like the guy -and his Mom opens one heck of a can of soup, but he's definitely not an 'elite' QB by any means.

His troll-like witch of a mother would disagree with you. She hates Eagle fans too.

Yes. We may as well admit that Tommie Harris sucks, too.

And Darrell Jackson. And Michael Strahan. And Javon Kearse.

If a team that doesn't lay down and die when a player gets hurt, it means that player sucked.

Maybe the Eagles should waive McNabb. I'm sure that no one would pick him up. :thumbsup:

Eagles fans = NO! He is the greatestist QB ever.

Everyone else = YES

Maybe the Eagles should waive McNabb. I'm sure that no one would pick him up. :rolleyes:

At the salary McNabb makes.... :thumbsup:

I'd rather have Terell Owens on my team.

Yes. We may as well admit that Tommie Harris sucks, too.

And Darrell Jackson. And Michael Strahan. And Javon Kearse.

If a team that doesn't lay down and die when a player gets hurt, it means that player sucked.

Maybe the Eagles should waive McNabb. I'm sure that no one would pick him up. :thumbsup:

no offense, but being a Broncos fan, I'd hope they wouldn't pick up McNabb...

Cutler > McNafro

finally ? those with a clue have been saying it for years

McNabb = Rich, fit, famous

Drobeski = Poor, fat, unknown

:thumbsup:

no offense, but being a Broncos fan, I'd hope they wouldn't pick up McNabb...

Cutler > McNafro

McNabb has his shortcomings - not terribly accurate and he's saved some of his worst performances for some very big games. But c'mon now, the guy does some amazing things on the football field. Not too many players can scramble around for 7-8 seconds until his receivers get open or throw a 60-yard rainbow while running to his left. McNabb may be overrated but he's still an elite QB in this league. I do think Andy Reid leans way too heavily on Donovan and asks him to throw the ball too much. The entire complexion of the offense has changed since McNabb got hurt - they're running the ball much better. McNabb would be a far better QB throwing the ball 30 times per game in a balanced offense than he is throwing it 45-50 times with no running attack. Just look at Elway - he never won anything until Terrell got there, now he's revered as the best QB to play the game.

The Eagles fans are on a high right now, I need to bring them down a bit. What should I do??

Fixored

That looks about right

if you took Brady out of there it would be about right!

Brady=a QB who has a weak arm yet isn't called upon to throw the ball more than 5 yards infront of him except for 2-3 times per game, thus having a decent comp % and "unflappable" :rolleseyes: poise

Put Brian Griese in N.E. and Brady in Griese's places (Denver, Miami, Tampa, Chicago) and he would be looked upon just as Griese is looked upon.... And then Griese would have all the sports writers praise him as the greatest QB we'll ever see, and all these N.E. homers slob on his knob cause Griese won 4 :dunno: championships in 5 years!

Brady=a QB who has a weak arm yet isn't called upon to throw the ball more than 5 yards infront of him except for 2-3 times per game, thus having a decent comp % and "unflappable" :rolleseyes: poise

I'm and Eagles fan and like McNabb, but I have to put Brady right up there with one of the all-time greats. If having a strong arm was all you needed to be a great quarterback, Jeff George would be in the Hall of Fame right now.

Brady also has 3 Superbowls..........3 SUPERBOWLS

Put Brian Griese in N.E. and Brady in Griese's places (Denver, Miami, Tampa, Chicago) and he would be looked upon just as Griese is looked upon.... And then Griese would have all the sports writers praise him as the greatest QB we'll ever see, and all these N.E. homers slob on his knob cause Griese won 4 :dunno: championships in 5 years!

If you're gonna start comparing Brian Griese to Tom Brady, than I'm sorry, this converation is over :dunno:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. McNabb

5. Palmer

That's correct, although I'd have a hard time not putting Brady at 1.

I'm and Eagles fan and like McNabb, but I have to put Brady right up there with one of the all-time greats. If having a strong arm was all you needed to be a great quarterback, Jeff George would be in the Hall of Fame right now.

Brady also has 3 Superbowls..........3 SUPERBOWLS

Brady is truely an elite QB and a well deserved lock to go to the hall of fame. But he didn't win those superbowls by himself.

As for McNabb. He's a very good QB. Certainly better than average. Maybe not on the all time great list, but a very good QB. He'd be a lock for the hall of very good, if such a place existed.

Brady is truely an elite QB and a well deserved lock to go to the hall of fame. But he didn't win those superbowls by himself.

As for McNabb. He's a very good QB. Certainly better than average. Maybe not on the all time great list, but a very good QB. He'd be a lock for the hall of very good, if such a place existed.

never said he did win them by himself. I'm just sayin', 3 Superbowls have got to count for something

Sure, it cuts down on interceptions, but, until they draft a smurf that can run a 4.0 40, it doesn't exactly help with the whole "catching the ball" concept.

it's a tip that Brian Westbrook :dunno:

Brady is one of the best long passers in the league you stupid fock.

Not to pull a Limbaugh here, but have you noticed that every time McNabb gets hurt, his replacements come in and kick axx?

J. Garcia 17/31 153 1

:dunno:

J. Garcia 17/31 153 1

Exactly. Garcia is what he is. He's mobile and smart. He can dodge a pass rusha nd he rarely makes foolish throws. He is asked to drive the field and convert first downs.

Unlike McNabb, Garcia won't single-handedly win a game for you. He is a very good west-coast offense leader. He did the same thing his first few years as a starter in San Fran. It didn't mean he was better than Steve Young. He was just a decent quarterback working within a great offense. Same as he is this year. We all saw how he played with Detroit and Cleveland.

As for Brady, if the Chargers end up beating New England this week, we can expect the Rivers.Brady asswipes. Whatever. There are only five or six great quarerbacks in the league right now, and McNabb and Brady happen to be two of them.

That's correct, although I'd have a hard time not putting Brady at 1.

I think Manning is a better quarterback. Brady has had more success. If you put Manning on NE team, he would have the same success as Brady. You put Brady on the Colts, the Colts defense and kicker would let him down too.

McNabb is one of the top quarterbacks in the league today, and maybe the best qb in Eagles history. It's just a shame that Reid never created a balanced offensive attack to complement him. As mentioned before, he has his shortcomings, but you'll have that in most qb's.

I'll never understand why McNabb doesn't get the respect.

The dude went to what.... 3 straight NFC games??? Hes' got 1 SuperBowl appearence, his team always has winning seasons under him, and before getting hurt McNabb had thrown at least 2 TDs passes in almost every game this year!?!?!? What more could you want? He seems like a pretty damn good QB to me (and I hate the Eagles).

Just because Garcia has stepped up and performed does not make McNabb overrated. I am not an iggles fan. McNabb is a great qb and is not overrated. If Mcnabb were in the lineup perhaps the eagles would have scored more points against the giants.

I'll never understand why McNabb doesn't get the respect.

The dude went to what.... 3 straight NFC games??? Hes' got 1 SuperBowl appearence, his team always has winning seasons under him, and before getting hurt McNabb had thrown at least 2 TDs passes in almost every game this year!?!?!? What more could you want? He seems like a pretty damn good QB to me (and I hate the Eagles).

:sleep:

Part racism. Part jealousy. Part fishing expedition.

It's an assmeg tri-fecta.

Brady is one of the best long passers in the league you stupid fock.

all the fat must have clogged your eyes!

Brady is good for 1-2 "long" (15+ beyond the line of scrimmage) ball throws a game. After that, it will either be off target or intercepted! I've NEVER seen someone so easy to predict an INT than Brady (well, Ryan Leaf was pretty reliable for that).

When I watch Pat's games with my friends, and brady drops back to throw a 20 yarder I say "watch, it'll be picked off or off target by 5 yards" and all but once or twice a game, I'm correct!

homer goggles activated = Brady is all time great!!! Homer goggles deactivated = wow, he's Brian Griese just on a better team

which I should state that I'm a big Griese fan... he just doesn't get the knob slobbing that Brady does, so naturally I like him better than Brady. But all in all, Brady is a "good" QB, but nowhere near "great".

which I should state that I'm a big Griese fan... he just doesn't get the knob slobbing that Brady does, so naturally I like him better than Brady. But all in all, Brady is a "good" QB, but nowhere near "great".

I'm not a Pat's fan, and I believe Brady is one of the all-time greats. I'm sure NewbieJr and many others agree also

Exactly. Garcia is what he is. He's mobile and smart. He can dodge a pass rusha nd he rarely makes foolish throws. He is asked to drive the field and convert first downs.

Unlike McNabb, Garcia won't single-handedly win a game for you. He is a very good west-coast offense leader. He did the same thing his first few years as a starter in San Fran. It didn't mean he was better than Steve Young. He was just a decent quarterback working within a great offense. Same as he is this year. We all saw how he played with Detroit and Cleveland.

Now, just substitute "GARCIA" for "BRADY" and you'll see that this is why I think Brady is highly overrated and get's undeserved credit!

Now, just substitute "GARCIA" for "BRADY" and you'll see that this is why I think Brady is highly overrated and get's undeserved credit!

Even GiantsFan has less diarreha come out of his mouth than Big Pete :sleep:

Part racism. Part jealousy. Part fishing expedition.

It's an assmeg tri-fecta.

Agreed. McNabb is a huge racist. McNabb is very jealous of anyone stealing his spotlight, ala Terrell Owens. And fishing expedition...did you hear McNabb's comments about Owens at last year's Super Bowl pre week festivities. Unprovoked attacks on Owens.

I am happy that McNabb is being taken down a peg or two with the play of Garcia. McNabb needs to eat some humble pie. And he needs to apologize for continually ripping the fans that booed his selection at draft day.

McNabb is an egotistical fockhole.

Agreed. McNabb is a huge racist. McNabb is very jealous of anyone stealing his spotlight, ala Terrell Owens. And fishing expedition...did you hear McNabb's comments about Owens at last year's Super Bowl pre week festivities. Unprovoked attacks on Owens.

I am happy that McNabb is being taken down a peg or two with the play of Garcia. McNabb needs to eat some humble pie. And he needs to apologize for continually ripping the fans that booed his selection at draft day.

Even GiantsFan has less diarreha come out of his mouth than Big Pete :rolleyes:

I'm just calling a spade a spade!

It's a FACT that Brady isn't asked to win games on his talent alone

It is a FACT that if they are down by 3 with 1 minute to go, Brady still isn't asked to throw the ball more than 5 yards infront of him... (great coaching!!! Keep your weak armed QB from making a mistake and throwing out of his comfort zone i.e; 5 yards and less)

It is a FACT that he is given way too much credit for NE's success

Look, Brady is good. I'll give him that! But there is no denying that if you had a redraft for QB's, and Brady was taken either 1 or 2, he would be extremely lucky to bring a mediocre team to a .500 record, let alone the playoffs (cause it would be the mediocre teams that would get first shot at picking him)

:rolleyes:

As for Brady, if the Chargers end up beating New England this week, we can expect the Rivers.Brady asswipes. Whatever. There are only five or six great quarerbacks in the league right now, and McNabb and Brady happen to be two of them.

my point was that those are vick numbers. how is that kicking axx?

:lol:

I'll kill you!!! :lol: :D