Sign in to follow this  
yostevo

Blue Man Group and other shows that the SO drags you to.

Mrs. yostevo's birfday is coming up and I got her tickets to Blue Man Group traveling show. She's big into Cirque de Soleil so I figured she'd be diggin this too.

Last week we went to see the touring Cirque de Soleil "Delirium" and I have to say that I was bored to absolute focking tears. We were in the front row of the nose bleeds and I nearly had to take a header into the 12th row to ease the pain. However, she was giving me "the look" of absolute gratification for making the effort to be there in the first place and more than made up for it later on. :)

She mentioned that "Delirium" was a lot more singing and dancing compared to the theatrics and performance acrobatics of the previous shows. Perhaps this had something to do with why I wanted to down a bottle of cyanide. I'm just sayin.... :wacko:

Now I'm going to subject myself to the Blue Man Group. Anyone see this? Any shows/plays out there that you guys just draw a line in the sand and tell your SO that they just have to go with someone else to? I can deal with these performance art shows, but chick flicks are basically off limits for me.

I was in Vegas with a buddy last year and, having heard all the hype about the BMG, we decided to check it out. It SUCKED. I feel sorry for you that you're subjecting yourself to such torment. You must love your wife very much.

I was in Vegas with a buddy last year and, having heard all the hype about the BMG, we decided to check it out. It SUCKED. I feel sorry for you that you're subjecting yourself to such torment. You must love your wife very much.

Grrrrrreeaaaaaattttt...... Do you want to kick my dog while your'e at it? :wacko:

Love will make you do strange things

The Blue Man Group are fahgs. The show is moronic. Seriously, go into the garage NOW ... close yourself in, and let the fumes do their work. It's the only option left ... :wacko:

Mrs. yostevo's birfday is coming up and I got her tickets to Blue Man Group traveling show. She's big into Cirque de Soleil so I figured she'd be diggin this too.

Last week we went to see the touring Cirque de Soleil "Delirium" and I have to say that I was bored to absolute focking tears. We were in the front row of the nose bleeds and I nearly had to take a header into the 12th row to ease the pain. However, she was giving me "the look" of absolute gratification for making the effort to be there in the first place and more than made up for it later on. B)

She mentioned that "Delirium" was a lot more singing and dancing compared to the theatrics and performance acrobatics of the previous shows. Perhaps this had something to do with why I wanted to down a bottle of cyanide. I'm just sayin.... :)

Now I'm going to subject myself to the Blue Man Group. Anyone see this? Any shows/plays out there that you guys just draw a line in the sand and tell your SO that they just have to go with someone else to? I can deal with these performance art shows, but chick flicks are basically off limits for me.

I've seen several cirques, none of them had singing or dancing. "Ka" was by far my fav (I do martial arts, and some of the stuff they did was amazing).

Also seen Blue Man Group. You might want to bring ear plugs, seriously. It is quite loud. I didn't really enjoy it, but then again I was drunk and exhausted (it was during a sales kickoff) and I literally fell asleep to the rhythm. Everyone should experience the sight of a shaved blue man catching about 30 marshmallows in his mouth, then regurgitating back a glob of white goo. :wacko:

My wife and I tend to like the same kinda shows, so she would never ask me to see Celine or similar shiot. :dunno:

The Blue Man Group are fahgs. The show is moronic. Seriously, go into the garage NOW ... close yourself in, and let the fumes do their work. It's the only option left ... :wacko:

:) I don't own a garage. (yet)

The worst for me was probably Chicago. Actually I bought her the tickets for Xmas and we went over Valentine's Day weekend (2 birds 1 stone). It wasn't too awful though. If you're gonna go to a Broadway show, it's best to go to one with tons of women in hot outfits.

I've seen several cirques, none of them had singing or dancing. "Ka" was by far my fav (I do martial arts, and some of the stuff they did was amazing).

You see, I can appreciate tremendous acts of human achievement such as the the acrobatics or serious strength manuevers but listening to people sing show tunes is a little like listening to other guys fart in the men's room. Nice out, but I've heard it all before.

My wife and I tend to like the same kinda shows, so she would never ask me to see Celine or similar shiot. :)

My wife would go see Celine and Yanni. I'm in deep sh!t aren't I ? :wacko:

My wife would go see Celine and Yanni. I'm in deep sh!t aren't I ? :)

Thoughts and Prayers... :dunno:

You need to negotiate, brutha. Find something you'd both equally hate. :wacko:

The worst for me was probably Chicago. Actually I bought her the tickets for Xmas and we went over Valentine's Day weekend (2 birds 1 stone). It wasn't too awful though. If you're gonna go to a Broadway show, it's best to go to one with tons of women in hot outfits.

The one plausible reason for me( besides the affection of the wife) to view these shows are those fem butts that you can bounce coins off of. :) Those legs certainly make an ass out themselves. (_!_)

Thoughts and Prayers... :dunno:

You need to negotiate, brutha. Find something you'd both equally hate. :wacko:

Global warming arguments. Check.

Delirium isn't a "real" cirque show. I don't get BMG either, it was decent the first time, good Vegas show, but I'll never go again.

We saw Celine at Ceasars as well. Now the wife wants to see Barry Manilow at the Flamingo Hilton. :wacko:

I am sure there is somewhere near the Strip that has some girl on girl action that will balance this out.

We saw Celine at Ceasars as well. Now the wife wants to see Barry Manilow at the Flamingo Hilton. :cry:

I am sure there is somewhere near the Strip that has some girl on girl action that will balance this out.

I see front row Rod Stewart in your future.

:D :banana:

Make a stand.

Last week we went to see the touring Cirque de Soleil "Delirium" and I have to say that I was bored to absolute focking tears. We were in the front row of the nose bleeds and I nearly had to take a header into the 12th row to ease the pain.

Simply awesome. :banana:

FBT and stc are going to Cirque in a couple weeks.

Simply awesome. :banana:

FBT and stc are going to Cirque in a couple weeks.

I hope they are heavily medicated. I'd say about a quart of 151 should suffice. At least seeing the blurred double vision of everything might make it enjoyable. Just close one eye for orientation sake once in awhile.

We saw Celine at Ceasars as well. Now the wife wants to see Barry Manilow at the Flamingo Hilton. :P

An hour or so at the Spearmint Rhino will straighten you out. :wacko:

Last November....

Cirque De Solei "Mystere'"

UNFOCKINGBELIEVEABLE :P I'd go again in a heartbeat... unbelieveable strenph and acrobatics... it was focking crazy.. I was going OHHH AHHH EWWW WWOOOWW... like a focking hick. I couldn't help myself. I kept telling myself to knock it off but I couldn't..

One of these days I'm gonna fly me and the wife down to see "Ka" a 2 day gig..... fly down that day.. watch it that night.... fly out in the morning.. or hit a show the next night and then fly out the next morning...

unbelieveable strenph

Yes, that would be amazing. :P

I was flipping through the channels and a cirque de sole show was on and i guess i caught it at the right time because it was unfockingreal. Imagine a car seat with the backside down. So you're sitting in the chair like you're about to shoot off on a rocket. One guy was doing that with his feet up in the air and there was a guy standing on that dudes feet. The laying down guy would do a "leg press" and launch dude #2 into the air where he would a full flip then land on the guys feet again. You ahve to see it to appreciate it.

Starts 2:30 into the clip.

I was flipping through the channels and a cirque de sole show was on and i guess i caught it at the right time because it was unfockingreal. Imagine a car seat with the backside down. So you're sitting in the chair like you're about to shoot off on a rocket. One guy was doing that with his feet up in the air and there was a guy standing on that dudes feet. The laying down guy would do a "leg press" and launch dude #2 into the air where he would a full flip then land on the guys feet again. You ahve to see it to appreciate it.

Yep.... that's a small part of "Mystere'" I was focking gasping like a focking hillbilly during this part. As a guy who lifts weights... I couldn't believe how motherfocking strong they were.

Last November....

Cirque De Solei "Mystere'"

UNFOCKINGBELIEVEABLE :thumbsdown: I'd go again in a heartbeat... unbelieveable strenph and acrobatics... it was focking crazy.. I was going OHHH AHHH EWWW WWOOOWW... like a focking hick. I couldn't help myself. I kept telling myself to knock it off but I couldn't..

One of these days I'm gonna fly me and the wife down to see "Ka" a 2 day gig..... fly down that day.. watch it that night.... fly out in the morning.. or hit a show the next night and then fly out the next morning...

Ka isn't the greatest show either, go see O instead.

I brought a chick to the Blue Man Group in 2000 for a date, I brought my current GF like 6 months ago and 80% of it was the same show. :huh: :headbanger: :sleep:

Mystere and O are the best Cirque shows I have seen and I have seen all the Vegas shows and 3 of the traveling shows (wife also like Cirque...alot). But you and her should check out Zoomanity at NYNY. It is adult themed and has some pretty funny acts as well as the cool acrobatics.

I saw a few Cirqe shows and really liked them. O and Mystere were the best but the one in Orlando was very good too. The BMG in Vegas just plain sucked. These guys are just blue mimes. The end blew because they draped toilot paper all over everyone. I had no idea what the point of any of that was. So if you dislike Cirque, hang on because it gets worse.

You guys let your women make these kinds of decisions and pretty soon you'll be watching Chippendales or Thunder From Down Under together.

Blue Man Group is anything but a chick show :dunno:

Last week we went to see the touring Cirque de Soleil "Delirium" and I have to say that I was bored to absolute focking tears. We were in the front row of the nose bleeds and I nearly had to take a header into the 12th row to ease the pain. However, she was giving me "the look" of absolute gratification for making the effort to be there in the first place and more than made up for it later on. :cheers:

She mentioned that "Delirium" was a lot more singing and dancing compared to the theatrics and performance acrobatics of the previous shows. Perhaps this had something to do with why I wanted to down a bottle of cyanide. I'm just sayin.... :D

I've seen BMG twice and enjoyed it both times. We've also seen all the local Cirque shows and have found them quite enjoyable....If you get to Vegas, you must see either KA or O, they'll change your mind on Cirque shows.

I've seen BMG twice and enjoyed it both times. We've also seen all the local Cirque shows and have found them quite enjoyable....If you get to Vegas, you must see either KA or O, they'll change your mind on Cirque shows.

:dunno:

AlsoAlso, stop being cheap asses and pay for the good seats at the "O" show... it's gymnast chicks swimming around in white bodysuits and cameltoes galore... in addition to the fantastic acrobatics, stage/set, and music.

I feel very strongly that Chicago is the greatest work of entertainment ever written or performed in the U.S., or even the world, so obviously I have issues with the tepidity of this endorsement.

Also, we went to Mystere at TI a few months ago and enjoyed it a lot. I've never seen Blue Man Group except in commercials and have never felt compelled to buy any products that they've endorsed, but I'm very fond generally of drums and rhythmic movements.