Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Hot tubs and you

My normal day off (today) is going to be spent like just about every other day off.

Sitting in the hot tub for about 5 hours reading a book.

Someone told me the other day that this is not healthy.

Me: "Why?"

Him: "Because it will make your blood boil if you sit in it for prolonged periods of time"

Me: "Well, I don't have the damn thing set at 103 degrees or anything like that, how can it hurt me?"

Him: "I can't remember, but it just does"

Me: :cheers:

Any of you focks ever heard of anything like this? It is only set around 99 degrees or so. :banana:

It kills your swimmers (sperm). Not sure if it does permanent damage or temporary but it kills the little guys and makes the ones that do survive weak.

So do the world a favor and sit in there as long as you can :cheers:

It kills your swimmers (sperm). Not sure if it does permanent damage or temporary but it kills the little guys and makes the ones that do survive weak.

So do the world a favor and sit in there as long as you can :banana:

This is good news :cheers:

Thanx :banana:

itsatipthatgoogle

It seems as if prolonged exposure to all of the chemicals in hot tubs has been linked to a variety of health problems.

If you are trying to impregnate anything (meow), sitting this long in a hot tub may quell your spermage. Wish I woulda known that back when I was single. :cheers:

ETA: Me must type slow. :banana:

itsatipthatgoogle

It seems as if prolonged exposure to all of the chemicals in hot tubs has been linked to a variety of health problems.

I don't have a shitload of chemicals in it. When the water starts turning nasty, I just drain and fill.

I'll mebbe throw in a little bit of chlorine in every time I get out, but that is about it. :ninja:

Dunno about the more internal effects but that's probably bad for your skin.

Sux, your bathtub is not a hot tub. And all the candles and rose petals surrounding the tub still wont get your kat to put out. Enjoy your book!

99 degrees? I'm used to 104-110. But I have to get out after an hour or so or I get all dizzy and sh1t.

:rolleyes:

Wow. I just get dizzy.

Sux, each time you talk about relaxing in your hot tub, you seem to mention that you are in it all day long or for 5 or 6 hours at a time. I don't know how you can handle those temps for that long!

When I had mine (oh how I miss it), we would keep the temp between 103 & 108 and it would feel great to kick back and relax in it for awhile... but after 20 or so minutes, I would have to sit out on the side for a few minutes before going back in otherwise I'd get a mild headache and start feeling like I might pass out.

Just saying. ;)

:Headlines: Lonely Man Dies in Hot Tub, Eaten by Own Cats. :Headlines:

Good that you don't put a lot of chemicals in. I spent extensive time over a 3 day weekend in one last year. Led to Eczema which I still have to this day and has cost me well over $1,000 in perscriptions. And, it still itches and looks like I have leprosy when in full bloom. Be careful, bud. :angry:

Sux, each time you talk about relaxing in your hot tub, you seem to mention that you are in it all day long or for 5 or 6 hours at a time. I don't know how you can handle those temps for that long!

When I had mine (oh how I miss it), we would keep the temp between 103 & 108 and it would feel great to kick back and relax in it for awhile... but after 20 or so minutes, I would have to sit out on the side for a few minutes before going back in otherwise I'd get a mild headache and start feeling like I might pass out.

Just saying. :dunno:

I keep the temp, like I already said at around 99 degrees. HTH :mad:

:P

Good that you don't put a lot of chemicals in. I spent extensive time over a 3 day weekend in one last year. Led to Eczema which I still have to this day and has cost me well over $1,000 in perscriptions. And, it still itches and looks like I have leprosy when in full bloom. Be careful, bud. :dunno:

I wish you hand't posted that. I love hot tubbing but sometimes have these insane irrational fears or getting a chemical burn or having something go haywire and getting electrocuted. :mad:

1. Water at 99 degrees

2. Little use of chemicals.

3. Soaking for hours at a time.

4. "When the water starts turning nasty, I just drain and fill."

It certainly appears like your biggest concern is the development of algae, fungus, mold, viruses, and bacteria. How much dead skin and crap accumulates in there? Gross.

You have to manage the chemicals in the hot tub to make the water sanitary and easier on your skin.

http://www.erc.montana.edu/CBEssentials-SW...elude050603.htm

1. Water at 99 degrees

2. Little use of chemicals.

3. Soaking for hours at a time.

4. "When the water starts turning nasty, I just drain and fill."

It certainly appears like your biggest concern is the development of algae, fungus, mold, viruses, and bacteria. How much dead skin and crap accumulates in there? Gross.

You have to manage the chemicals in the hot tub to make the water sanitary and easier on your skin.

http://www.erc.montana.edu/CBEssentials-SW...elude050603.htm

Thats why I drain it when it starts to get nasty :dunno: I would rather not have all of the chemicals in there just to keep the water clear for 1 month at a time, when I can just clean it every 2 weeks or so. :mad:

Plus, I pee in it alot. :P

I keep the temp, like I already said at around 99 degrees. HTH :dunno:

:mad:

SUX, that must be a b1tch to maintain that temp.

99 is cold. even 101 would make a big difference and should be safe still

Mebbe it is hotter ;)

I don't have a thermometer in it, I just threw out 99 degrees because I know it is alot colder than the way most people keep theirs. There is no way I could ever stay in it as long as I do with the temp being 103 or something like that.

Would suggest you try using Baquacil instead of Chlorine. A ton easier on the skin (and all parts of your tub for that matter as it's non corrosive). I used it in my pool and it not only kept it cleaner but was more stable. It appears to cost more but it really doesn't as you don't use nearly as much as you do with Chlorine. GL

BTW, my GF's car needed a new distributor cap plugs and plug wires (some other stuff I don't remember). Seems to me that they just said "fock it, we're not going to try to find the problem, fire a shotgun at it instead of a .306." But, it works now and for $430 it's prolly $ well spent. Could blow that in labor in such a short time.

BTW, my GF's car needed a new distributor cap plugs and plug wires (some other stuff I don't remember). Seems to me that they just said "fock it, we're not going to try to find the problem, fire a shotgun at it instead of a .306." But, it works now and for $430 it's prolly $ well spent. Could blow that in labor in such a short time.

Are all the cylinders getting spark from the wires? If so, is it a strong spark, or weak?

If not, does the cap and rotor look good?

Yea for me :banana:

:pats back: