Sign in to follow this  
jets24

Ann Coulter's response

I think you are all missing the point of this.

You cannot tell someone not to be offended.

Sure you can.

Let's look at it another way; maybe this is a red herring. Racism, bigotism, etc is all about intent. If someone purposely does something out of spite based on the other person's appearance, lifestyle choice, religion, ethnicity, gender, etc, then that is bad. If something is done out of satire, humor, or inadvertantly, no one has the right to be offended. Because the intent was not there. Irregardless of the Coulter incident, people do not have the right to be offended. It's people that get offended by stupid crap, that I spend time wishing cancer on them. Which they would find offensive. Which would make me wish AIDS on them too. And the carousel keeps spinning. :cheers:

Sure you can.

Let's look at it another way; maybe this is a red herring. Racism, bigotism, etc is all about intent. If someone purposely does something out of spite based on the other person's appearance, lifestyle choice, religion, ethnicity, gender, etc, then that is bad. If something is done out of satire, humor, or inadvertantly, no one has the right to be offended. Because the intent was not there. Irregardless of the Coulter incident, people do not have the right to be offended. It's people that get offended by stupid crap, that I spend time wishing cancer on them. Which they would find offensive. Which would make me wish AIDS on them too. And the carousel keeps spinning. :cheers:

So do you find it offensive that other people find things offensive? Do you wish cancer on yourself?

What does irregardless mean?

This kids is a perfect example of an RP lie. His use of ommission and context to avoid being caught.

The thread was on Reid skipping the capital funeral service to go to Africa, notice RP doesn't mention that the WHOLE discussion was on the capital service. He was throwing a temper tantrum about how disrepectful it was that Reid wouldn't be there. I simply pointed out that Bush was skipping it as well, because he was on vacation, and that he missed Reagan's as well. Hence the out of context quotation above. Good cutting though...

Reid didn't miss the Cathedral service, why would that be relevant...Perhaps you will add into my famous quote where I said that I was talking about the Cathedral service and clear up this lie for us...I'll waiting for that one along with the Neilsen link and your tech station link...

You aren't holding your breath waiting for RP to actually provide factual documentation? That would be dangerous.

So do you find it offensive that other people find things offensive?

I know a trick question when I see one. No comment.

Do you wish cancer on yourself?

Every single minute of every single day.

What does irregardless mean?

Irregardless is a type of flesh eating bacteria. Which is a pretty apt description of Ann Coulter.

This kids is a perfect example of an RP lie. His use of ommission and context to avoid being caught.

The thread was on Reid skipping the capital funeral service to go to Africa, notice RP doesn't mention that the WHOLE discussion was on the capital service.

You came up with the spin that you were talking about the "capital service" well after I poiinted out your lie with my link to the Reagan funeral schedule.

Your quote speaks for itself.

1) Funny response.

2) Tim Hardaway - Even though he wasn't part of the NBA (and I don't think used the F word) was brow beaten into apologizing and banned from any NBA events. The dude from Grey's anatomy had his job threatened, had to apologize and go to counseling. Gotta wonder if Anne's going to be banned from any GOP fundraising events. 'Cause of course, the groups that pay her speaking fees, or for whom she raises money, MUST send a message that they don't endorse this kind of discrimination, right?

Man has our countrymen turned into a bunch of whiney sacks :ninja:

Not only is it your right to be constantly offended, its your duty.

Since I started this thread, allow me some comments.

1. RP and Korben: Stop hijacking this thread please. By the way, RP is dead on.

2. I think that GoColts and Boz/BoFan are two of my favorite posters and I generally agree with most of their points.

3. Deep down, Phillybear is full of love for all.

4. Moni is a towelhead. So what? Why is that so offensive to him? I'm Irish with a little ###### and my parents are alcoholics. Again, so what. Get over yourself. Hey Moni, YOU are the problem, trust me. You think white men are not maligned? You're nuts.

5. Besides the ridiculously biased media, our biggest problem in this country is our sense of entitlement. Everybody feels they are entitled to this and that. Political correctness has done this country a great disservice.

Everybody should watch the old Dean Martin roasts. They are calling Foster Brooks a drunk. They are handing Sammy Davis Jr. a piece of watermelon. They are calling Phyllis Diller a slut and Dean Martin a stupid Italian. Nobody was offended. These were simpler times.

Okeedokee.

Kornholed had nothing to start with, and has even less now.....surely he won't come back for more. :banana:

2. I think that GoColts and Boz/BoFan are two of my favorite posters and I generally agree with most of their points.

1. Rp is dead on as I was reading that thread as it happened. Everyone knows Kornholed lied. He is a serial lier. Nearly everything he types is a lie, including that he is a man. He is not a man, by any definition.

2. I would love to add that to my sig. Nobody can agree on everything 100%. That took a lot of guts to say that about me. Thanks for the compliment.

:thumbsup: to jets24

Being called a douche bag isn't the same. When someone calls you a douche, they're attacking you and only you, not a whole group of people.

You might be offended by gays, but they're not directing their actions towards you. Calling someone a ###### is directing those comments at all gays. Theres a big difference.

Best argument in this thread, and no one dared to touch it. The thread should have been over at this point.... long before Chandler, Deep South, and Jets started pleasuring each other... :thumbsup:

Best argument in this thread, and no one dared to touch it. The thread should have been over at this point.... long before Chandler, Deep South, and Jets started pleasuring each other... :headbanger:

Stereotypes are funny. The world needs humor. I have no problem with that. :thumbsup:

I can get offended by whatever the fock i want. Calling someone a towel head is not the same thing as your parents being alcoholics. I don't care about the word someone calls, but the fact that someone is trying to degrade and belittle me. If i was black and someone called me a nigga in an attempt to dismiss, belittle, degrade, put down, or anything like that, i would be mad. Boz said words don't offend him, but put a hand on him and its a different story. To me, calling me by a racial slur is an action. Its an attempt to put me and every other turban wearing person down. And its not even a towel.

You have no idea what my outlook on whitey is either. Why do people make personal attacks when they don't know a god damn thing about the other person. You know nothing about me. You can argue my view points, because i stated them here. How do you know whether or not every single one of my friends is white, or if every single one of them are indian.

How do you know whether or not every single one of my friends is white, or if every single one of them are indian.

I thought Indians wore feathers, not towels. :ninja:

Yea that makes sense. Because before america was america, it was india. Or umm, i'm sure theres a good reason why some people still call native americans indians. Ignorance can't be the only reason.

Yea that makes sense. Because before america was america, it was india. Or umm, i'm sure theres a good reason why some people still call native americans indians. Ignorance can't be the only reason.

I'm a native American because I was born here, but I have no Indian blood in me.

hth

I can get offended by whatever the fock i want. Calling someone a towel head is not the same thing as your parents being alcoholics. I don't care about the word someone calls, but the fact that someone is trying to degrade and belittle me. If i was black and someone called me a nigga in an attempt to dismiss, belittle, degrade, put down, or anything like that, i would be mad. Boz said words don't offend him, but put a hand on him and its a different story. To me, calling me by a racial slur is an action. Its an attempt to put me and every other turban wearing person down. And its not even a towel.

You have no idea what my outlook on whitey is either. Why do people make personal attacks when they don't know a god damn thing about the other person. You know nothing about me. You can argue my view points, because i stated them here. How do you know whether or not every single one of my friends is white, or if every single one of them are indian.

You sure can get offended. You know what? Who cares? The answer...nobody. Just like nobody cares if I get offended. Here's the difference....and pay attention because this is important....I CHOOSE NOT TO BE OFFENDED. Here's another important point. You are a liar and a complete hypocrite. Here is my proof. You said earlier:

You wouldn't understand because theres no single word that offends you. You don't know what its like being called sand-######, towel head, osama, or terrorist. You don't know what its like being called a dirty wetback by a white person, or a spic. You can't understand being called a ###### by a white person.

Yet, in your last post...you referred to me(or others) as "whitey". Now, that is an offensive term. Did you know that? I'm sure you will try and back track and explain it away but here it is for all the world to see. You lied. You are an oversensitive hypocrite also. (Sorry if this offends people of a "hypocratic" nature or possibly the "sensitive" groups out there) See how ridiculous it is? Where does it stop? In conclusion, "honkey" is a word that offends whites as well. But you see, you were so busy whining about yourself that you failed to consider others. Anyhow, goodnight Osama. :rolleyes:

FFToday discussing race = bull in china shop. Do not try this at home, folks.

FFToday discussing race = bull in china shop. Do not try this at home, folks.

DHIAFP

You sure can get offended. You know what? Who cares? The answer...nobody. Just like nobody cares if I get offended. Here's the difference....and pay attention because this is important....I CHOOSE NOT TO BE OFFENDED. Here's another important point. You are a liar and a complete hypocrite. Here is my proof. You said earlier:

You wouldn't understand because theres no single word that offends you. You don't know what its like being called sand-######, towel head, osama, or terrorist. You don't know what its like being called a dirty wetback by a white person, or a spic. You can't understand being called a ###### by a white person.

Yet, in your last post...you referred to me(or others) as "whitey". Now, that is an offensive term. Did you know that? I'm sure you will try and back track and explain it away but here it is for all the world to see. You lied. You are an oversensitive hypocrite also. (Sorry if this offends people of a "hypocratic" nature or possibly the "sensitive" groups out there) See how ridiculous it is? Where does it stop? In conclusion, "honkey" is a word that offends whites as well. But you see, you were so busy whining about yourself that you failed to consider others. Anyhow, goodnight Osama. :rolleyes:

You think the words whitey and honky are offensive? If you say you do, please give me an example of why. You're really reaching with that one there and I'm afraid you are extremely clueless. :mad:

I guess i didn't make it clear. If i was offended by something and not a single person cared, well that sucks for me. I didn't intend for it to sound like you and everyone else should care that i something offended me.

As for whitey being offensive, i never knew that. When i said whitey, i was referring to all white people. As in he doesn't know what i think of whitey (white people). Since theres a famous (JUMP! JUMP AROUND!) singer who calls himself WHITEY ford and i've never heard anyone complain, i didn't think it was offensive.

And for the record, i've never been offended by a single comment on this board. Its a focking message board. Call me sand ###### all you want, who cares. Half the time, i don't even support the position i do on this board. The only reason i take a certain position, is to represent a different side. Just like people (boz, he holds it down) point out things to me in a certain perspective that i never considered before, i try to do the same for others. I'm like that in real life and it frustrates people because they say i argue just for the sake of an argument/debate.

But yea, it really just boils down to two different outlooks/attitudes on life. If someone calls me a sand-###### in real life and not in fantasy message board land, i would be offended. To me, saying i choose not to be offended, shows a total lack of self-respect, honor, and confidence. It screams of, "WALK ON ME!! I'LL ROLL OVER AND EVERYTHING." But of course, i realize i could be labeled as having no confidence and need to constantly re-enforce it through actions. Maybe you would say i have to make myself feel important. I'm not saying my opinion of what you said is right, its just how i perceive it.

this is truly an abortion of a thread. i'm embarrassed for Mike and the rest of the FFToday staff to allow such a travesty of humanity to exist on this fine bored. :thumbsup:

this is truly an abortion of a thread. i'm embarrassed for Mike and the rest of the FFToday staff to allow such a travesty of humanity to exist on this fine bored. :mad:

DHIAFP

You think the words whitey and honky are offensive? If you say you do, please give me an example of why. You're really reaching with that one there and I'm afraid you are extremely clueless. :mad:

It's not so much that I think it is offensive as it is....ummmm.......EVERYBODY!

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source whit·ey also Whit·ey (hwī'tē, wī'-) Pronunciation Key

n. pl. whit·eys also Whit·eys Offensive Slang

Used as a disparaging term for a white person or white people.

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

WordNet - Cite This Source whitey

noun

offensive names for a White man

WordNet® 2.1, © 2005 Princeton University

thanks for playing

DHIAFP

It's not so much that I think it is offensive as it is....ummmm.......EVERYBODY!

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source whit·ey also Whit·ey (hwī'tē, wī'-) Pronunciation Key

n. pl. whit·eys also Whit·eys Offensive Slang

Used as a disparaging term for a white person or white people.

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

WordNet - Cite This Source whitey

noun

offensive names for a White man

WordNet® 2.1, © 2005 Princeton University

thanks for playing

Do you really think that posting the definition of the word is an example of why the word is offensive? :pointstosky:

:huh:

You said the word offended you, I'm just curious as to how. I'm not curious what the definition is!! :mad:

Bottom line, Ann Coulter is one of the most prominent spokespeople for the right-wing. She says things that a lot of Republicans think but don't want to say out loud because they don't want to out themselves as bigots. Coulter's schtick may be a joke but it's no coincidence that she speaks at the biggest conservative events and gets the biggest cheers when she says stuff like "towelhead" and "f@ggot." It's what a lot of Bush Republicans really think about minorities and they love Ann because she says it.

The best thing the left wing can do is ignore Ann and let her continue to out her followers for what they are.

Bottom line, Ann Coulter is one of the most prominent spokespeople for the right-wing. She says things that a lot of Republicans think but don't want to say out loud because they don't want to out themselves as bigots.

Are you speaking for yourself here or are you just making assumptions? Nothing worse than a Liberal trying to tell me what i really think and feel. :D

1) Coulter can say whatever she wants. The real issue is who hires her from this point on to raise money or speak at their events.

2) The realy chiickenshiit thing abou this is that Coulter - Who's supposed to be this brash, badaxx fearless speaker of truth - Is too chickenshiit to show up anywhere now but the friendly confines of Faux. Fock, even Maher has the balls to take on OReally on OReally's own turf! What a chickenshiit ###### she is. :D

How can calling a person you know isn't gay a fagg0t be anything but what it was intended to be? She was calling the guy a pu$sy. Would all the cats have become upset if she had just called him that straight out?

I don't know where you people grew up, but where I grew up people called people "fags" and "faggots" all the time and it wasn't because they thought they were gay. :dunno:

You're really reaching with that one there and I'm afraid you are extremely clueless. :dunno:

I thought that was pretty evident by the comment that Bobo and gocolts were his favorite posters or that RP was correct about something. :D

All you people in saying Ann Coulter did something wrong by calling Edwards a fagg0t are just aiding the quest in the Pussification of America. :dunno:

How can calling a person you know isn't gay a fagg0t be anything but what it was intended to be? She was calling the guy a pu$sy. Would all the cats have become upset if she had just called him that straight out?

I don't know where you people grew up, but where I grew up people called people "fags" and "faggots" all the time and it wasn't because they thought they were gay. :dunno:

yeah, she tried to pull the same thing. "Hey, I KNOW he's not a homersexual - he's married...!"

The problem with that is the double standard. Wasn't too long ago that the conservatives AND the 'mos were all over M&M for using the same word and using the same excuse.

yeah, she tried to pull the same thing. "Hey, I KNOW he's not a homersexual - he's married...!"

The problem with that is the double standard. Wasn't too long ago that the conservatives AND the 'mos were all over M&M for using the same word and using the same excuse.

I don't care what she said after the fact. I know from my own experience, when you call someone a fagg0t that isn't gay, you're insulting them, not calling them gay or making fun of gays. You think she was saying Edwards is gay or was she calling him a pu$sy?

I don't care what she said after the fact. I know from my own experience, when you call someone a fagg0t that isn't gay, you're insulting them, not calling them gay or making fun of gays. You think she was saying Edwards is gay or was she calling him a pu$sy?

She was calling him a pu$sy by using the derogatory term for homosexuals. What does that say about the way she feels about homosexuals?

Where I grew up people stopped doing that after around the 9th grade. :D

All you people in saying Ann Coulter did something wrong by calling Edwards a fagg0t are just aiding the quest in the Pussification of America. :dunno:

The only people that are b!tching and moaning are the whiney Liberals. "Words" tend to hurt them real bad for some reason.

I think the latter. My POV's been pretty clear on this.

1) She can say what she wants.

2) The groups that hire her from this point forward will likely bear the consequences - as will she.

3) I have no problem with #2 - The same statements were made about the Dixie Chicks.

4) I DO have a problem with her being a chickenshiit. (see earlier posts)

5) I DO have a problem with anybody from the right who bashed anybody else for using this word - and are now running around spitting out the talking points about how it's okay b/c "she's a satirist".

5a) To coin a phrase - "You're either for it, or you're against it"

I think she was making fun of the fact that the dude from Grey's had to go to "rehab" - and how ridiculous all of this is. I agree with her and I thought her joke was pretty funny. However, just like they said with the Dixie Chicks - You can say what you want, but you have to have the maturity to understand that there may be people who are offended - and you have to live with the consequences.

My biggest biitch is #5. I hate hypocrites.

The only people that are b!tching and moaning are the whiney Liberals. "Words" tend to hurt them real bad for some reason.

....And while I was posting, case in point (above):

The same people biitching about whiney liberals and how they're pussies for being offended by "words" are the same ones that :D like a sombiitch when people criticize the beloved idiot Bush - and were OUTRAGED at the 'words' that Natalie Maines (for example) used.

Again, I hate focking hypocrites. If you're gonna use the "what kind of poosays gets offended by words?" minimization BS, you better point that finger at every half-wit limp diick (including the President) who was pixxed off at the DC, Bill Maher, etc.. (among many others) who did nothing more than recite "words". :dunno:

Yeah, I never hear anybody from the Bushie side bitching when Rosie O'donnell says something stupid. :dunno:

"f@ggot" is a loaded word. It is a weapon used to demean and wound the gay community. Its just as wrong when you say it to people, but you don't have the platform and audience this woman has, so its not anywhere close to the same level.

"f@ggot" is a loaded word. It is a weapon used to demean and wound the gay community. Its just as wrong when you say it to people, but you don't have the platform and audience this woman has, so its not anywhere close to the same level.

I bet you were never one when you were younger to use that popular phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt". Boy, that saying is long gone eh? lol

Are you speaking for yourself here or are you just making assumptions? Nothing worse than a Liberal trying to tell me what i really think and feel. :D

Ann Coulter is a nationally syndicated columnist, she writes for several right-wing publications, she's a regular guest on FOX News programs, and she's been a speaker at the Conservative Political Action Conference several years running - an event also attended by the Vice President, among others.

I'm not saying Coulter speaks for all Republicans. But there is a knuckle-dragging bigot wing of the GOP and she speaks for them. That is why she gets big applause when she calls Arabs towelheads, says the terrorists should've flown their plane into the NYT headquarters, suggests we should murder "liberal" Supreme Court justices, calls Edwards a "phaggot," etc. A sizeable number of Republicans think this way but keep it under wraps to appear normal around election time.

Yeah, I never hear anybody from the Bushie side bitching when Rosie O'donnell says something stupid. :D

It doesnt matter what Rosie says, no one ever takes that lenny "dykstra" seriously anyway.

Ann Coulter is a nationally syndicated columnist, she writes for several right-wing publications, she's a regular guest on FOX News programs, and she's been a speaker at the Conservative Political Action Conference several years running - an event also attended by the Vice President, among others.

I'm not saying Coulter speaks for all Republicans. But there is a knuckle-dragging bigot wing of the GOP and she speaks for them. That is why she gets big applause when she calls Arabs towelheads

She gets applause due to the actions by the Terrorist for 9/11. My sympathy for those people are long gone. As the dixie chicks sang,"Im not ready to make nice" with them either.

I bet you were never one when you were younger to use that popular phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt". Boy, that saying is long gone eh? lol

Yes I heard that, and no one killed me after calling me a name or beat the sh!t out of me. No words are as offensive to me on the same level as they might be for other people in a community that people hate. Nothing bothers you, great, but you don't have you finger on the pulse of society and can tell everyone else how they should feel.