Sign in to follow this  
davebg

UPDATORED: Oh, it is focking ON!

And that's exactly what I am saying as well.

I have never said that he shouldn't be upset about it either. And I do agree, that if Dave has handled it in his usual angry way, then it has NOT been handled correctly.

As for being judegemental of Dave, perhaps. However, past threads and situations have shown from his POV that he does get VERY angry and upset, and says many things off the cuff. Which, again, is fine...however, YOU have the choice to act rational and calm, or you can explode at the drop of a hat, which is what I assume Dave does...just judging on what he posts.

Just as many on here judge that I must nag my husband incessantly at home, I can judge just as well that Dave blows up when his wife purchases the wrong sausage for dinner.

Of course we would all be pizzed about it.

However, MOST of us would have reacted MUCH differently, I assure you.

believe me, I know I would, as well as most people would have handled it a little different. I'm just saying bc we all know dave has a little temper, we are looking at it knowing how he reacts to most things.

Estimates:

1st poop: 4 min of WTF time + 1 min of cleanup = Total 5 min

2nd poop: 4 min of WTF time + 1 min of cleanup +30 min going from door-to door of neighbors above me and getting roped into long conversation w/old guy on 6th fl whom I had never met and my inital conversation w/Mrs. Dog Poop + 10 min to put together my post on the message board + 10 min on phone w/management + 20 min when a board member came by and woke me and Mrs. DaveBG up that Sat morning = Total 1 hr 15 min

3rd poop: 9 min of WTF time + 1 min of cleanup + 5 min to reply to Mrs. Dog Poop's post on message board + 20 min to visit management in person & listen in while they called Mrs. Dog Poop + 10 min to call management back and make sure the matter went to the board immediately + 20 min on phone w/health dept + 10 min on phone w/board member = Total 1 hr 15 min

see, what you're forgetting is that it's not just 4 min of WTF + 1 min cleanup... it's 4 min of WTF + 2 minutes to walk and find the stuff to clean it up and walk back + 1 min of actual cleanup + 2 min to put the trash away etc.....

it's the little things that take a "5 min" time an bump it up to the 15-20 min range. such as your 1hr 15 min of "actual time spent" really was more like 2-3 hours to find the numbers, get the run around, wait for others to call back and verify etc...

can't forget the "waiting" time into the equation.

Ohh yeah, and to JK/TNG, like he said in this post, and on the previous page, and per my timeline, the issue has been resolved!

Again, my reaction from the BEGINNING was this:

1st time --> Let it slide

2nd time --> Tried speaking to her, got nowhere. Lodged complaint on community message board, which is exactly what our site says it is for. Lodged a complaint w/management.

3rd time --> Lodged complaint w/management w/stipulation that it goes to the board right away. Responded to her post on the message board. Lodged complaint w/the health dept.

You're correct about one thing. I am convinced that I am RIGHT. I am right to be HELLA-PISSED about her behavior and I am right to have handled it the way I did.

you are spot on the way you are going about this, this isn't a dog coming and shitting in your yard its crap falling from the sky onto a patio. I am not sure how I would react if I went and talked to the lady and she blew it off as no big deal and then it happened again, you are being more civil than alot of people would I think.

Agreed. I think Dave has handled this fairly well. He is desperately trying to handle it in a calm, reasonable manner. Not sure of his history or whatever, I'm just sayin. You guys are being WAY too hard on him. Obviously, most of you do not live in a community type situation. It is very frustrating when you have to follow the rules but others don't. And when they don't, the process to get them to adhere to the rules is quite painstaking. Hang in there Dave. Don't forget, call the manager and demand to be put on the Agenda for the next meeting. Keep the pressure on the manager and the board and forget about the old lady.

Estimates:

1st poop: 4 min of WTF time + 1 min of cleanup = Total 5 min

2nd poop: 4 min of WTF time + 1 min of cleanup +30 min going from door-to door of neighbors above me and getting roped into long conversation w/old guy on 6th fl whom I had never met and my inital conversation w/Mrs. Dog Poop + 10 min to put together my post on the message board + 10 min on phone w/management + 20 min when a board member came by and woke me and Mrs. DaveBG up that Sat morning = Total 1 hr 15 min

3rd poop: 9 min of WTF time + 1 min of cleanup + 5 min to reply to Mrs. Dog Poop's post on message board + 20 min to visit management in person & listen in while they called Mrs. Dog Poop + 10 min to call management back and make sure the matter went to the board immediately + 20 min on phone w/health dept + 10 min on phone w/board member = Total 1 hr 15 min

WTF?! You have to pick up dog poop that is not even from your dog and people here b.itch about that? Maybe you should go beg on your hands and knees for her to stop? Or plead. Or send flowers with a "I wish you would....." card. Who gives a crap about history or whatever...now is the time to get nasty with her.

I can't read through all 7 pages but I hope you didn't phone the animal patrol to come out...cause that would be a punk move...everyone on my street hates this guy who constantly calls them out whenever the neighborhood dogs bark for longer than 3 minutes.

I can't read through all 7 pages but I hope you didn't phone the animal patrol to come out...cause that would be a punk move...everyone on my street hates this guy who constantly calls them out whenever the neighborhood dogs bark for longer than 3 minutes.

I didn't call animal control, but I did call the health dept in addition to the management company and the board (it turns out that she hadn't registered her dog w/the town, which is the law.)

Please keep in mind, this isn't about a barking dog...or even a dog that goes on my lawn. The situation is that the woman who lives two floors above me puts her large, old dog out on her balcony to do its business. Being as I am below her, I have had dog crap fall two stories onto my patio on three occasions that I know of (being as it's been winter I haven't spent much time out there.) Plus, as some have pointed out, there must have also been dog piss to come down as well (if the dog's pooping, it's likely pissing.) Plus, what happens when she cleans her balcony? The balconies are designed to drain rain water down to the ground. Piss and feces tainted water follow the same rules of gravity as rain. I don't need that making it's way onto my patio where I eat and entertain during the summer.

Hopefully, w/the board informing her that she can no longer let her dog out on the balcony under threat of immediate fines this issue has been resolved.

I didn't call animal control, but I did call the health dept in addition to the management company and the board (it turns out that she hadn't registered her dog w/the town, which is the law.)

Please keep in mind, this isn't about a barking dog...or even a dog that goes on my lawn. The situation is that the woman who lives two floors above me puts her large, old dog out on her balcony to do its business. Being as I am below her, I have had dog crap fall two stories onto my patio on three occasions that I know of (being as it's been winter I haven't spent much time out there.) Plus, as some have pointed out, there must have also been dog piss to come down as well (if the dog's pooping, it's likely pissing.) Plus, what happens when she cleans her balcony? The balconies are designed to drain rain water down to the ground. Piss and feces tainted water follow the same rules of gravity as rain. I don't need that making it's way onto my patio where I eat and entertain during the summer.

Hopefully, w/the board informing her that she can no longer let her dog out on the balcony under threat of immediate fines this issue has been resolved.

in case she does get teh picture.....HTH :unsure:

Since Sux bumped @davebg’s marriage thread, I’d thought I’d find what IMO is the ultimate thread of his — dog poop on his balcony.  If you search “poop” with him as the author it ends up that there was an entire series of threads about his issues with poop, but I bumped the one that started it all.  :) 

On 3/8/2007 at 10:14 AM, donhaas said:

Harlem's actually got some nice places :wacko:

Not really. They have some not shitty places. But no nice places. Some nice buildings is all, but you’re never too far from random violence and filth. 

On 3/8/2007 at 10:14 AM, donhaas said:

Harlem's actually got some nice places :wacko:

And million dollar condos. :thumbsup: